2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

BallerNate’s WITB

Cabot is amazing! I had the best round of the life there.  73 at the Cliffs.   Not score wise but easily the best round of my life.

I LOVE cabot.  I always say Ill never go back to the same course there are just too many good courses out there but I will be back there!

• Like 1

TSR3 10 Tour AD DI 6

TSR2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

Srixon ZX7 MKII 3-PW

Cleveland RTX 6.0 52 56 60

Square Back 2

17 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

Cabot is amazing! I had the best round of the life there.  73 at the Cliffs.   Not score wise but easily the best round of my life.

I LOVE cabot.  I always say Ill never go back to the same course there are just too many good courses out there but I will be back there!

Agree 100%….there’s something really magical about Cabot!!

It was the most incredible experience I’ve ever had Golfing too.

I’ve tried to describe to a few buddies, and the best way I could describe it was that it was like living in a dream, or being a character in PGA 2K23!!

The combination of the most immaculate conditions I’ve ever seen on a Golf course, combined with some of the most incredible views I’ve ever seen, is just breathtaking! Definitely can’t wait to go back…countdown’s on!!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

We have our first snowfall here on the East Coast of Canada unfortunately, so our season is wrapping up fast…Ugh!

Just a quick update on my new Scotty. The early signs have been very good, and I absolutely love the sound and feel off the face.

The putter as I bought it was too light though, so ordered a 20g weight kit, and just got the weights switched out.

Much better weight and ability to control the face and tempo now. Going to be a fun battle between the Scotty and Odyssey over Winter for top gamer spot for sure!! 😎🔥 

BEA7D5A3-76A2-4734-98CE-2FE2A9BE1A84.jpeg

0C1DA2ED-2D99-4406-B8BC-0147F808C53C.jpeg

D183C78D-5AF5-4D9E-AA37-661D146701EB.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Very cool

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

4 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

Very cool

Thanks my man!

I almost don’t want to love Scotty Cameron putters because so many people have them, Lol.

But you can’t deny results, and I’ve always fully embraced the concept of just playing what works best for my game, regardless of brand or marketing.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 hours ago, glm said:

3 Odysseys

VS

1 SC

in our foursome, the SC always comes out on top == It's mine  LOL!!!!

Hahaha!!!

I don’t know if we can count that as scientific evidence that Scotty’s are better putters than Odyssey, but sounds like you’re living rent free in your buddies’ heads for sure, Lol!!
 Boston Celtics Sport GIF by Bleacher Report

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I will add if you get bored this winter and want to try other similar putters:

- Bettinardi BB8W - new model coming soon so current gen (stainless) and previous gen (carbon) could be had cheap. One downfall is only 350g and not adjustable weight. 

- Ping PLD Anser D - part of the PLD Milled line, comes in at a hefty 365g for a wide blade. The Deep AMP milling they have can be soft for some or like a crisp medium, it's really ball dependent.  

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I will add if you get bored this winter and want to try other similar putters:

- Bettinardi BB8W - new model coming soon so current gen (stainless) and previous gen (carbon) could be had cheap. One downfall is only 350g and not adjustable weight. 

- Ping PLD Anser D - part of the PLD Milled line, comes in at a hefty 365g for a wide blade. The Deep AMP milling they have can be soft for some or like a crisp medium, it's really ball dependent.  

You read my mind my man!

The Bettinardi BB8W and the PING Answer 2D were the two other finalists that I seriously considered before buying the Scotty Squareback 2.

Very nice putters that feel really good for sure!

The Scotty won out because I prefer the looks, and the sound and feel off the face. But those are putters I would consider testing out at some point for sure.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

You read my mind my man!

The Bettinardi BB8W and the PING Answer 2D were the two other finalists that I seriously considered before buying the Scotty Squareback 2.

Very nice putters that feel really good for sure!

The Scotty won out because I prefer the looks, and the sound and feel off the face. But those are putters I would consider testing out at some point for sure.

I mean it's a long winter for us and it just started 😉

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I mean it's a long winter for us and it just started 😉

Ugh…don’t remind me.

I’ve got a round booked for Monday and it looks like that’s going to be my last one this season. 😐😥

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

14 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Ugh…don’t remind me.

I’ve got a round booked for Monday and it looks like that’s going to be my last one this season. 😐😥

Hey could be me and have a busted ankle with 3 partially torn tendons and cant play golf until December and I live in Missouri when snow can come any time after Halloween. I wont be playing until March. Unless you count indoor Trackman

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

6 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

Hey could be me and have a busted ankle with 3 partially torn tendons and cant play golf until December and I live in Missouri when snow can come any time after Halloween. I wont be playing until March. Unless you count indoor Trackman

100%….could definitely be worse.

Injuries suck man. All you can do is heal up, do your rehab, and come back better and stronger.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 11/1/2023 at 5:56 PM, BallerNate said:

I’ve always fully embraced the concept of just playing what works best for my game, regardless of brand or marketing.

Just saw this and remembered that I might've had the most number of brands in the bag in a big thread you had before 😆.

And congrats on Cabot, looks stunning! 👍

• Like 1

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

6 hours ago, joostin said:

Just saw this and remembered that I might've had the most number of brands in the bag in a big thread you had before 😆.

And congrats on Cabot, looks stunning! 👍

Haha…indeed!

Thanks man…Cabot was incredible for sure! Totally surreal Golfing experience…there’s something magical about that type of natural beauty for sure!!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

New addition to the bag just in time for the last round of the season yesterday!

Wish I had more time with it, but the early indications are very good.

The Rogue ST Max has been very good for me, but it looks like the Paradym X has been made marginally better for looks, sound, distance, and forgiveness.

I’ll hold on to the Rogue though until the Spring and have a proper head-to-head before declaring an official winner. The Rogue ST Max has earned that right! 

Will miss getting rounds in, but it’s been an awesome season and I’ve been fighting a wrist injury the last month, so shutting it down for a while isn’t the worst thing. 

A2EA313A-FEFC-4F3E-B7A0-5C403D604CA4.jpeg

E1EF8576-961C-4815-BE39-546B6CD1A28A.jpeg

52A1A618-5275-47DF-BAA2-BE28E8EF6714.jpeg

• Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

New addition to the bag just in time for the last round of the season yesterday!

The Rogue ST Max has been very good for me, but it looks like the Paradym X has been made marginally better for looks, sound, distance, and forgiveness.

I’ll hold on to the Rogue though until the Spring and have a proper head-to-head before declaring an official winner. The Rogue ST Max has earned that right! 

Will miss getting rounds in, but it’s been an awesome season and I’ve been fighting a wrist injury the last month, so shutting it down for a while isn’t the worst thing. 

I CALLED IT I KNEW YOU WOULD BREAK DOWN AND BUY ONE. HAHAHAHAHA. I have been looking for something new but cant pull the trigger i just love my M5 driver and M5 3 wood.

• Haha 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

7 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

I CALLED IT I KNEW YOU WOULD BREAK DOWN AND BUY ONE. HAHAHAHAHA. I have been looking for something new but cant pull the trigger i just love my M5 driver and M5 3 wood.

Bahaha!!!

C’mon man, predicting I’m going to buy new equipment is like predicting the sun will come out tomorrow…some things are inevitable!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Bahaha!!!

C’mon man, predicting I’m going to buy new equipment is like predicting the sun will come out tomorrow…some things are inevitable!! 🤣🤣

LOL from reading you all these years as we say that is a lead pipe clinch bet on you buying new equipment. The only question here is when and what it will be😀

• Haha 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

LOL from reading you all these years as we say that is a lead pipe clinch bet on you buying new equipment. The only question here is when and what it will be😀

Hahaha…exactly!!

Going to try and not turn over too much over the Winter since I really like everything in my bag currently. But it’s a loooooong off-season here in Canada, so I’ve learned not to promise keeping the bag consistent, Lol.

• Haha 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 11/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, BallerNate said:

Any feedback on it? I’m looking at TSR2 or Paradym as my next driver. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

Any feedback on it? I’m looking at TSR2 or Paradym as my next driver. 

Unfortunately, I only got 1 round in with it before the end of our season here in Canada, so really all I have are initial early thoughts on it.

My initial thoughts during the round though were that it seems like Callaway made marginal improvements to the Paradym X over the Rogue ST Max in every category. It's not light-years better by any means, just slightly better looking, better sounding, a little longer, a little straighter, and a little more forgiving.

For me though, those are huge, because the Rogue ST Max has been the best Driver I've ever played, so for even marginal improvements over something I loved already, that's fantastic!

For reference, I've gamed the OG standard Rogue, standard Mavrik, Epic Max LS, back to OG Rogue, Rogue ST Max, and now Paradym X.

Callaway Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids have just worked best for my swing and my game for whatever reason.

I've also owned the OG SIM, SIM Max D, standard SIM2, SIM2 Max, Stealth Plus, standard Stealth, and also tested out the TSi2 for a while, so I'm not a Callaway homer by any means. Had a TSR2 3-Wood for a bit, but never ended up buying the Driver because the 3W wasn't a great fit for me.

Just my 0.02 for what it's worth. At the end of the day, it's all about what works best for you and your game though.

• Thanks 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Unfortunately, I only got 1 round in with it before the end of our season here in Canada, so really all I have are initial early thoughts on it.

My initial thoughts during the round though were that it seems like Callaway made marginal improvements to the Paradym X over the Rogue ST Max in every category. It's not light-years better by any means, just slightly better looking, better sounding, a little longer, a little straighter, and a little more forgiving.

For me though, those are huge, because the Rogue ST Max has been the best Driver I've ever played, so for even marginal improvements over something I loved already, that's fantastic!

For reference, I've gamed the OG standard Rogue, standard Mavrik, Epic Max LS, back to OG Rogue, Rogue ST Max, and now Paradym X.

Callaway Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids have just worked best for my swing and my game for whatever reason.

I've also owned the OG SIM, SIM Max D, standard SIM2, SIM2 Max, Stealth Plus, standard Stealth, and also tested out the TSi2 for a while, so I'm not a Callaway homer by any means. Had a TSR2 3-Wood for a bit, but never ended up buying the Driver because the 3W wasn't a great fit for me.

Just my 0.02 for what it's worth. At the end of the day, it's all about what works best for you and your game though.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. 

I demoed both and now looking to get fit in the next week or so. My initial impressions were the Paradym was a little longer (I was outside so it was the eye test), both had pretty good dispersion, and I liked the look of the TSR more. But I’m open to either one. I think the shaft is going to be the most important factor. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply. 

I demoed both and now looking to get fit in the next week or so. My initial impressions were the Paradym was a little longer (I was outside so it was the eye test), both had pretty good dispersion, and I liked the look of the TSR more. But I’m open to either one. I think the shaft is going to be the most important factor. 

Makes sense.

Yeah, I think overall the Paradym and the TSR line are probably the best performing Drivers for 2023.

I’ve heard the G430 Max is also really good, but I haven’t owned a PING club yet and they’re just not really my cup of tea overall (although I’d still be open to gaming any of their stuff that performs best for me).

I tried so hard to make the Stealth line work for me, but they are just too low spin and Fade biased for me. My miss is right, and I need some spin to launch the ball, so the Stealth line just isn’t a fit for me unfortunately.

Good luck with your fitting though…will be interesting to hear what Driver and shaft win out!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I used TSR2's in a couple of rental rounds this year and they were awesome....

I actually just ordered a set so i can have a full Titleist bag LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

6 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I used TSR2's in a couple of rental rounds this year and they were awesome....

I actually just ordered a set so i can have a full Titleist bag LOL

Haha…classic MtlJeff move!!

Yeah, I would have been open to picking up a TSR2 Driver for sure if the 3W worked for me, but just wasn’t a great fit at the time.

I’ve definitely heard the TSR line is fantastic for many people though, and they are absolutely gorgeous for sure!!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

21 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Haha…classic MtlJeff move!!

Yeah, I would have been open to picking up a TSR2 Driver for sure if the 3W worked for me, but just wasn’t a great fit at the time.

I’ve definitely heard the TSR line is fantastic for many people though, and they are absolutely gorgeous for sure!!

Next up is the linkslegend bag. Lol

I'm just gonna post all my club updates in your thread since it's so much more popular haha

• Haha 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

Next up is the linkslegend bag. Lol

I'm just gonna post all my club updates in your thread since it's so much more popular haha

Bahaha!!! You crack me up man!! 
Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

You need to find an old Dymo2 driver. The square ones that sounded like an aluminum bat. Most obnoxious sounding driver in the history of golf.....but really straight!

My favorite Nike club of all time

• Haha 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique