2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TENSEI Pro White 1K

autronicdsm

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Pretty strong differences between those two shafts. The Smoke Yellow is a mid soft counterbalanced design whereas the 1K White is a very linear, mid stiff design with a lower balance point. The Yellow will swingweight a little lighter with a way more pronounced feeling of loading in transition, so it would just be that you get along with that type of design way more. 

I was just about to say the same thing, great response 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:18 PM, Mobert19 said:

I will try this. Thank you!

@Valtiel Took your tip today. I ended up adding 3 strips of lead tape to the heel. Once I got the timing down, the 1k was superior in terms of distance and dispersion. Hope it wasn’t a one day fluke

Edited by Mobert19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mobert19 said:

@Valtiel Took your tip today. I ended up adding 3 strips of lead tape to the heel. Once I got the timing down, the 1k was superior in terms of distance and dispersion. Hope it wasn’t a one day fluke

Nice! You'll be able to establish whether or not it was a fluke just by following up with testing at multiple different times. Make sure part of that testing involves being out on the course as well because sometimes we can get so locked in to grinding away on the range that we forget how misleading that can be. As an example, you can end up with something pretty heavy during range testing and applying lead tape because you're getting used to the feel and your body/muscles are compensating, only to get that same setup out to the course and have it feel heavier than you remember and suddenly its not working for you anymore. Sometimes all that takes is a few brisk practice swings to make that feel go away however, so keep experimenting with it.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 4/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Tommyboi95 said:

TZ5 should be here Monday 

I’ll give an extensive review once it gets in because I love the 1k

Bad news boys, TZ5 showed up yesterday…. Was snapped right in half. Thanks a lot UPS 😐😐😐

Haven’t forgotten you boys just going to have to be a bit longer before the test will be side by side. 

On 4/21/2022 at 9:38 PM, Valtiel said:

Nice! You'll be able to establish whether or not it was a fluke just by following up with testing at multiple different times. Make sure part of that testing involves being out on the course as well because sometimes we can get so locked in to grinding away on the range that we forget how misleading that can be. As an example, you can end up with something pretty heavy during range testing and applying lead tape because you're getting used to the feel and your body/muscles are compensating, only to get that same setup out to the course and have it feel heavier than you remember and suddenly its not working for you anymore. Sometimes all that takes is a few brisk practice swings to make that feel go away however, so keep experimenting with it.

Looks like it was a fluke. played today and was slicing and push fades all over the place. Playing in a tournament tomorrow and going back to Smoke Yellow. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, ShakeyT said:

My shaft came in today & it had a small notch cut into the butt end. Any idea why its there? PXL_20220510_003248506.jpg.3490852652b90899ee41bc528cfee055.jpg

The 1K I've been playing us a loaner from a friend. I hope the one I purchased performs the same as the loaner.

Not sure why Mitsubishi cuts the notch in the but end but every shaft I’ve bought (and there has been a lot!) from Mitsubishi has had this notch there. I’m guessing it’s something they do for manufacture purposes. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

On 8/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, schimmel said:

Anyone who's played or fitted TPW 1K and T AV proto 2.0 have any tipping recommendations for 1K 60TX? - currently playing AV proto 2.0 65TX tipped 1.75"

Do you mind letting me know how you tipped it and also how they compared?

Current Setup:

LH

Krank Formula Fire LD 4 degree Paderson Kinetixx Velocity D30+

Cobra F9 tour 13.5 turned to 12.5 Aldila RIPX 85TX

3-P Ping i210 LA golf L-Series 6 Flex

50 Ping glide forged 4.0 Lagp L-Series 6 flex

56&60 Ping glide forged pro La golf L series 6 flex

PXG Battle Ready II Blackjack double bend

4 hours ago, Tbone107 said:

Do you mind letting me know how you tipped it and also how they compared?

i tipped it 2.75" - for me the 1k doesn't come close to fitting. i feel a lot more movement with the 1k - it feels like no matter how much i tip it wouldn't be enough and and the overall profile is just soft. i end up hitting a huge draws unless i alter my swing. the 2.0 was the perfect fit for me with the SiM no bias and the ability easily shape it any way i want. now that im testing out an ltdx ls, im finding the 2.0 likes to go a little left and im liking the ventus black tx and la golf bryson series more in that head

6 minutes ago, schimmel said:

i tipped it 2.75" - for me the 1k doesn't come close to fitting. i feel a lot more movement with the 1k - it feels like no matter how much i tip it wouldn't be enough and and the overall profile is just soft. i end up hitting a huge draws unless i alter my swing. the 2.0 was the perfect fit for me with the SiM no bias and the ability easily shape it any way i want. now that im testing out an ltdx ls, im finding the 2.0 likes to go a little left and im liking the ventus black tx and la golf bryson series more in that head

Thanks. Why’s your SS? Im 130’s and was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 1k heavily tipped, but that certainly makes me apprehensive. I don’t have a hook miss, but im

worried about spin. Would be open

to the proto 2.0, but the speed gains everyone is seemingly getting from

the 1k is tempting me to go

ahead and hope For the best lol. 

Current Setup:

LH

15 minutes ago, Tbone107 said:

Thanks. Why’s your SS? Im 130’s and was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 1k heavily tipped, but that certainly makes me apprehensive. I don’t have a hook miss, but im

like you, im in the 130s. dont have numbers but by eye the 1k spins just little more. 

Just now, schimmel said:

like you, im in the 130s. dont have numbers but by eye the 1k spins just little more. 

Gotcha.. so the looseness was more related to the lefts for you vs creating more dynamic loft and spin? Did the 1k feel any more explosive?

Current Setup:

LH

13 minutes ago, Tbone107 said:

Gotcha.. so the looseness was more related to the lefts for you vs creating more dynamic loft and spin? Did the 1k feel any more explosive?

it seems that way. Cant say for sure what exactly is going on with out being on something like gears and measuring everything. explosive as in  impact or as in the dynamic movement of the shaft? i would never describe the feel i get through my hands from a shafts dynamic movement as explosive - i feel either more bend or less bend in that aspect. impact with 1k feels softer and slightly longer in duration, perhaps - going off of memory. my chs was consistently 2 mph slower with the 1k - switching back and forth couple swings with each, same weight class and the exact same club head. i could describe the feel of the 1k as softer, laggy, and less efficient in the transfer of energy from hands to club head - but that's just my interpretation of my own sensations, the 2 mph difference isn't

On 5/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, ShakeyT said:

My shaft came in today & it had a small notch cut into the butt end. Any idea why its there? PXL_20220510_003248506.jpg.3490852652b90899ee41bc528cfee055.jpg

The 1K I've been playing us a loaner from a friend. I hope the one I purchased performs the same as the loaner.

That notch gets cut off when the shaft is butt trimmed so doesnt matter.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

14 hours ago, Tbone107 said:

I'll chime in and mention something I totally missed earlier since I've had the 1K and and tested the AV proto 2.0.  The proto 2.0 feels even more stiff than the 1K and has no kick to it which is why some really high ss guys love it.  It's pretty damn anti-left as well.  Could be good for you, but there's also a dark horse that you might like.  I had the Diamana PD last year which I forgot about.  It has a little more feel than the proto 2.0 and is very linear and stiff throughout.  I had the 70TX and it was 286 cpm untipped.  It's also a true low/low shaft like the proto 2.0.  I did get 2-4 mph more ball speed with the 1K, which was nice but I could easily hook the s*** out of it as well.  At your ss, I don't think you should be chasing more ball speed.  

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

15 hours ago, schimmel said:

it feels like no matter how much i tip it wouldn't be enough and and the overall profile is just soft.

The 1K weave in the handle gives the shaft a softer-feeling profile than it really is.  Doesn't surprise me that high-SS golfers have this type of result.  I'm guessing you do better with a more stable feeling handle.

My SS is nowhere near yours, and I had the same feeling during my swing, even though on-course results didn't give the lefts that I expected.  

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

On 5/15/2022 at 4:07 PM, GoTime said:

Can anyone comment on Pro White 1k in x-flex versus the AV White also in x-flex?

Im looking for similar information. I had a fitting yesterday and the AV White 75x was the frontrunner, tried the 1k 70tx and liked it, reviewing the trackman information today it appears that although the total distance was reduced the carry and dispersion was slightly more consistent (increasing spin- the AV was a little too low on spin rate, averaging below 2000)... The question the fitter and I had was 'is that slight increase in consistency enough to justify the additional $$$' he was kind of leaning towards 'probably not'

To get the club with the 1k it would have required a special order and god knows how many weeks of shipping delays - where as I was able to find the Rogue ST LS 9º (the head I was fitted into) with AV White 75x locally and walked out the door with it... Now however I'm wondering if I could use the extra spin for control.. 

The fitting was with the Rogue ST LS 9º turned down to 8º, so maybe ill keep it at 9º and let that extra loft add a little more spin.. 

Numbers with 1K 70xt (AVG)

Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Fac. Attack Ang. Launch Ang. Spin Rate Height Low Point Dyn. Lie  
108.3 155.4 1.44 4.4 13.9 1985 97 6.0B 0.9

Numbers with AV 75x (AVG)

109.8 160.8 1.46 4.3 12.9 1820 92 6.0B 0.9

On 4/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, Mobert19 said:

Looks like it was a fluke. played today and was slicing and push fades all over the place. Playing in a tournament tomorrow and going back to Smoke Yellow. 

Giving the 1k another go. Think my swing flaw crept in and accentuated the misses. Put it in the Mavrik SZ today out back in the net and really focused on tempo, balance and ball position and became optimistic. Will see out on the course Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I need to apologize to the 1k for earlier posts. I played it again today and the last couple of practice sessions I really dialed in tempo. This shaft is the real deal and I have never hit bombs like I am with this shaft in the Rogue max LS head. Hit one 311 and 302 today. My driver average is 260, but when I got a hold of those two I knew they were bombed out there. Can’t wait to play again Saturday. 

Edited by Mobert19

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone that has tested these make a suggestion for me regarding wether to go 1K 50X vs 60S? My SS is between 102-104 right now but I have a very short backswing and aggressive transition. Sort of a Finau/Rahm type pass at the ball. Honestly also wondering wether or not the 1K even fits this type of swing at all or if I should go Ventus TR route. I know all this involves a bunch of guessing and testing but seems like someone on here probably has some insight on this.

5 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Can anyone that has tested these make a suggestion for me regarding wether to go 1K 50X vs 60S? My SS is between 102-104 right now but I have a very short backswing and aggressive transition. Sort of a Finau/Rahm type pass at the ball. Honestly also wondering wether or not the 1K even fits this type of swing at all or if I should go Ventus TR route. I know all this involves a bunch of guessing and testing but seems like someone on here probably has some insight on this.

I have a very aggressive transition into the ball and I have the 1K as one of my gamers.  It would be really hard to tell you what weight and flex to get as you're at the border of S and X but my recommendation is an X flex straight in or S flex tipped 1 to 1.5 inches.  As for the Ventus TR, you may or may not like it as it feels different from the 1K.  It has more a little more kick to it than the 1K(linear feel) and will launch a little higher. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Rory had the 1K White in his OG SIM fairway at the ProAm today:

1028558255_ScreenShot2022-07-05at12_25_02AM.png.09875e1ffe129cd0394990a181c019c6.png

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

13 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Looks like Rory had the 1K White in his OG SIM fairway at the ProAm today:

1028558255_ScreenShot2022-07-05at12_25_02AM.png.09875e1ffe129cd0394990a181c019c6.png

Looks like that makes two guys on tour that play the 1K in their 3 metal.  The other being Cameron Young.  Both guys being mid 180's ball speed with driver fitting the high launch and spin profile.  Sorry, the golf nerd in me came out, lol. 

8 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Looks like that makes two guys on tour that play the 1K in their 3 metal.  The other being Cameron Young.  Both guys being mid 180's ball speed with driver fitting the high launch and spin profile.  Sorry, the golf nerd in me came out, lol. 

Also Nicolai Hojgaard and Wilco Nienaber (driver too)

gettyimages-1394538490-2048x2048.jpg.5b7a1ce0159758ffa9ae6ba8e8b99d87.jpg
gettyimages-1387227208-2048x2048.jpg.1cba7a363f04a6ac778f965ba27233fe.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bridgestone 

Just now, Valtiel said:

Also Nicolai Hojgaard and Wilco Nienaber (driver too)

gettyimages-1394538490-2048x2048.jpg.5b7a1ce0159758ffa9ae6ba8e8b99d87.jpg
gettyimages-1387227208-2048x2048.jpg.1cba7a363f04a6ac778f965ba27233fe.jpg

Are you trying to outnerd me???

• Haha 1