PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters

pga43

16 hours ago, HowAboutNoScott said:

FYI, there have been the occasion Gen4 woods/hybrids popping up on the "PXGTroops Buy Sell Trade" page on Facebook .. 

Oh great - thanks a lot for telling the mice where they can get cheap cheese 🙂 

• Haha 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

I have to give big kudos to PXG for fixing a gaff.  I had a driver shaft on order fir my Gen4 X driver and ordered a hybrid along with it.  The hybrid arrived without the shaft and it was 8 days in transit.  I had a fitting for and ordered 2 Gen4 FWs and a Blackbird putter on the 6th.

My sales guy jumped in on this and had the shaft sent out 2-day FedEx, and the FW/Putter order was turned and shipped FedEx Home.  Crazy thing is FedEx Home tied FedEx 2-day and arrived today.  Everything was correct.  

The killer was I have a golf trip I am leaving for on Friday of this week - so I am stoked to put these in play starting Friday 🙂 

Kudos to PXG for the great customer service, and their vacuum sealed packaging - it was pouring when they were delivered and the FedEx guy left them against my garage door in the rain despite having a covered porch and the package "requiring" a signature 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I have to give big kudos to PXG for fixing a gaff.  I had a driver shaft on order fir my Gen4 X driver and ordered a hybrid along with it.  The hybrid arrived without the shaft and it was 8 days in transit.  I had a fitting for and ordered 2 Gen4 FWs and a Blackbird putter on the 6th.

My sales guy jumped in on this and had the shaft sent out 2-day FedEx, and the FW/Putter order was turned and shipped FedEx Home.  Crazy thing is FedEx Home tied FedEx 2-day and arrived today.  Everything was correct.  

The killer was I have a golf trip I am leaving for on Friday of this week - so I am stoked to put these in play starting Friday 🙂 

Kudos to PXG for the great customer service, and their vacuum sealed packaging - it was pouring when they were delivered and the FedEx guy left them against my garage door in the rain despite having a covered porch and the package "requiring" a signature 🙂

Right on! Enjoy and let us know how that Blackbird goes.

FedEx sucks. I can go pick your stuff up here in Scottsdale, try it out first, and then expedite shipping for you. Just helping you.

• Haha 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 6/30/2021 at 10:27 PM, evoviiiyou said:

I think either a 9 set in standard or a 10.5 loft sleeve on big minus will fit the bill nicely. The G4X is definitely square in standard set up. Where the G4XF is a degree closed in neutral to my eye. Good luck 

Are you sure it is "square" or just looks good? I ask because I cannot turn over these new drivers and need one that is not 2 to 6 degrees open at address? Thank you

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

24 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

Are you sure it is "square" or just looks good? I ask because I cannot turn over these new drivers and need one that is not 2 to 6 degrees open at address? Thank you

I would say a both square and looks good.  The 10.5 XF is definitely closed 1-2 degrees at standard or PXG setting (and looks a bit more with the crown graphics). The 10.5 X I felt it was just about perfectly square to my eyes (and looks great) in the standard setting or PXG setting, and the 10.5 Proto+ is 1-2 degrees open in the standard or PXG setting if that helps. I also remember that the 10.5 Proto head at my two fits was very square as well. One thing to keep in mind internally with the TPE honey comb insert is that in the Gen4 heads its very low and centered, while in the Proto heads its heel weight port side (basically surrounds that heel port going off of the schematic I posted somewhere here a few weeks back.

For turning it over, also you have the loft sleeve to adjust just how you like it to look at address/set up and to affect start line with the weighting options to dial in any flight preferences a bit.  Of course swing and delivery are king here. 

For me if I wanted dead square with a slight draw flight, I would go X head with it in the standard position and then pace the heavy weight in the heel port with the 2.5 grams weights in the front and rear.  Check start line with that, and then adjust the loft sleeve to dial that in as well.  Of course all assuming you have a nice shaft that reacts well with whatever defection and dynamic lie that you desire or require. 

97EA136F-45FF-4B93-8987-4D0257906829.jpeg

5B972D80-032F-4CEF-B38E-209BAEB219F7.png

Edited by evoviiiyou
Pics added
  • Like 2

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

3 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

I would say a both square and looks good.  The 10.5 XF is definitely closed 1-2 degrees at standard or PXG setting (and looks a bit more with the crown graphics). The 10.5 X I felt it was just about perfectly square to my eyes (and looks great) in the standard setting or PXG setting, and the 10.5 Proto+ is 1-2 degrees open in the standard or PXG setting if that helps. I also remember that the 10.5 Proto head at my two fits was very square as well. One thing to keep in mind internally with the TPE honey comb insert is that in the Gen4 heads its very low and centered, while in the Proto heads its heel weight port side (basically surrounds that heel port going off of the schematic I posted somewhere here a few weeks back.

For turning it over, also you have the loft sleeve to adjust just how you like it to look at address/set up and to affect start line with the weighting options to dial in any flight preferences a bit.  Of course swing and delivery are king here. 

For me if I wanted dead square with a slight draw flight, I would go X head with it in the standard position and then pace the heavy weight in the heel port with the 2.5 grams weights in the front and rear.  Check start line with that, and then adjust the loft sleeve to dial that in as well.  Of course all assuming you have a nice shaft that reacts well with whatever defection and dynamic lie that you desire or require. 

Thank you ordering one this evening... I will put my TB 60 tx a ride with it, if i can source a tip... Thank you for feedback greatly appreciate it...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

1 minute ago, Wardonation said:

Thank you ordering one this evening... I will put my TB 60 tx a ride with it, if i can source a tip... Thank you for feedback greatly appreciate it...

Should pair really well with TB 60 for mid flight bombs my main man!

• Like 1

I have been surprised how much difference moving and changing weights make.  I put a 15 in the front and kept the two 2.5's in for my best flight.  Ball gets up way faster with less spin.  

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

21 minutes ago, Hstead said:

I have been surprised how much difference moving and changing weights make.  I put a 15 in the front and kept the two 2.5's in for my best flight.  Ball gets up way faster with less spin.  

With these heads its real and influences not only feel to affect strike location, on the misses but allows for deadly sweet spot strikes to be gloriously rewarded! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

With these heads its real and influences not only feel to affect strike location, on the misses but allows for deadly sweet spot strikes to be gloriously rewarded! 

I would add that if you get the right shaft - it all goes to another level.  I finally got to hit the Tour AD TP shaft in the simulator and the spin is consistently down for more distance.  Versus the Riptide CB shaft (which I love), I can really go after it without fear of that low left snapper.  Fitting for sure = real life.

The Gen 4 fairways are just like the fitting for me as well - not necessarily that much longer but way more consistent strikes.  When you hit it off the center of the face your confidence goes way up.

The rockstar was the last add - the BlackBird.  Yes it looks goofy but man - it is a different feel - you can feel that tail weight, but the big thing for me was the fitter again.  He said you like to keep your hands low lets go 2º flat.  I have been playing 70º since 72º was the PING standard.  I hit the green tonight and made 4 of my first 7 20 footers and could immediately  tell my aim was better and my forever short putt miss to the left was gone.  I have videotaped my putting stroke but I have never been fit for a putter = idiot.  It is amazing the weight that fear of a stock miss puts on you with short putts - it would be nice to just stroke short putts again.

Get fit for everything you can - I can not tell you what a difference the fittings make, and PXG is better than anyone I have been to in the past.  Once you dial something in you realize that sometimes it is the arrow, because you should swing like you swing and you need to get equipment that works with whatever swing you have.  Over the last year I have regained a boatload of yards with the driver and my last 3 rounds I am 4 over total (while missing a bunch of putts).  I have played golf for 50 of my 59 years and I am absolutely thrilled with the PXG experience and where I have gotten to in the last year.  I am typically a high 70's shooter with an occasional low one

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

I would add that if you get the right shaft - it all goes to another level.  I finally got to hit the Tour AD TP shaft in the simulator and the spin is consistently down for more distance.  Versus the Riptide CB shaft (which I love), I can really go after it without fear of that low left snapper.  Fitting for sure = real life.

The Gen 4 fairways are just like the fitting for me as well - not necessarily that much longer but way more consistent strikes.  When you hit it off the center of the face your confidence goes way up.

The rockstar was the last add - the BlackBird.  Yes it looks goofy but man - it is a different feel - you can feel that tail weight, but the big thing for me was the fitter again.  He said you like to keep your hands low lets go 2º flat.  I have been playing 70º since 72º was the PING standard.  I hit the green tonight and made 4 of my first 7 20 footers and could immediately  tell my aim was better and my forever short putt miss to the left was gone.  I have videotaped my putting stroke but I have never been fit for a putter = idiot.  It is amazing the weight that fear of a stock miss puts on you with short putts - it would be nice to just stroke short putts again.

Get fit for everything you can - I can not tell you what a difference the fittings make, and PXG is better than anyone I have been to in the past.  Once you dial something in you realize that sometimes it is the arrow, because you should swing like you swing and you need to get equipment that works with whatever swing you have.  Over the last year I have regained a boatload of yards with the driver and my last 3 rounds I am 4 over total (while missing a bunch of putts).  I have played golf for 50 of my 59 years and I am absolutely thrilled with the PXG experience and where I have gotten to in the last year.  I am typically a high 70's shooter with an occasional low one

This is gold! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

i did the full bag fitting of gen4s a couple of months ago and ordered the 3 & 5 wood with diamana shaft and unfortunately the shafts were out of stock. I got them Saturday and I must say, they’re really the rock stars of the 14 club bag. I have an average swing speed, low flight and spin but natural draw. Ive really struggled to find fw woods I hit straight and high but these things are pure. Everyone that has hit them are blown away how easy they are to hit high and straight. I can’t say enough good things about them. The putter is the bat attack and honestly it’s meh. It’s the only club not in the bag but my son is using it. 

• Like 2

Well.... if you want to stock up on Gen4 clubs, you might want to head over to PXG and check out what they are doing.  Besides killing the value of your used PXG stuff.

Gen 4 drivers - $299

Gen 4 irons - $329

Gen 4 FWs - $279 - someone I know just got the June $325 price when they were $349 a week ago 🙂 

Gen 4 Hybrids $249

0211 & Proto drivers - $229

Holy crap - they are nuts 🙂  Yes I check their site every day, but should stop that 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Well.... if you want to stock up on Gen4 clubs, you might want to head over to PXG and check out what they are doing.  Besides killing the value of your used PXG stuff.

Gen 4 drivers - $299

Gen 4 irons - $329

Gen 4 FWs - $279 - someone I know just got the June $325 price when they were $349 a week ago 🙂 

Gen 4 Hybrids $249

0211 & Proto drivers - $229

Holy crap - they are nuts 🙂  Yes I check their site every day, but should stop that 🙂 

Crazy! Just checked and Hero's is $289 for a Gen4 driver. Wow! Who can pass on that right now. 

Making excellent clubs all thru the bag. Love the new 0311 Forged wedges too. They have a club for everyone right now. 

Great reviews on here too guys.

@ajlacombe Glad you are loving the Blackbird. I agree that you can really the back weight in that thing. Enjoy man.

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Lots of people are going to get some good prices and some great gear. I might pick up another Proto+ head for $229 wow! 

• Like 2

Another price drop on PXG. Proto drivers $199 and several more 

I am getting forced into a fresh new back up Proto+ now 

• Haha 1

I saw the Proto price drop and I have a 0211 on order.  Is it worth changing the order to the Proto X?  It is for my son.  He swings hard, 115+, but he hits it all over the face too.  I would like to adjust the weights to help him fine tune it, but at the same time maybe the 0211 is just as good?  It is a $30 difference is all.  But if the Proto is a better driver, I would change the order.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

8 hours ago, Hstead said:

I saw the Proto price drop and I have a 0211 on order.  Is it worth changing the order to the Proto X?  It is for my son.  He swings hard, 115+, but he hits it all over the face too.  I would like to adjust the weights to help him fine tune it, but at the same time maybe the 0211 is just as good?  It is a $30 difference is all.  But if the Proto is a better driver, I would change the order.

The 0211 has received good reviews online. However, IMO, if you want to pay the $30 for a little better tech and the ability to tinker, go for it. You might consider the XF instead of the X. 

• Like 1

Absolutely love my Gen4 0811X Driver - now I am looking to upgrade my 3W - does anyone have any experience with the Gen4 3W's? Especially @OspreyCI - We are running with the exact same driver setup (shaft and all) and see you are using the Proto woods and not the Gen4's. I would follow pretty much follow exactly what you did, go with the Diamana S+ 70 - 10g heavier than the driver that I was fitted for. 

I currently am gaming an M6 3W, but do not like the shaft and probably can sell it for what I can get a new Gen4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

The 0211 has received good reviews online. However, IMO, if you want to pay the $30 for a little better tech and the ability to tinker, go for it. You might consider the XF instead of the X. 

It is actually $30 less.  The Proto 9s $199 and the 0211 is $229.  The Proto X is the only option since it comes in 9* and he needs the lower loft vs the XF which only comes in 10.5 and 12.  I am paying more for the 0211, that is why I am questioning myself.  The only thing holding me back now is that evidently I go back to the end of the line after waiting a week already, and he needs the driver for a tournament.

Edited by Hstead

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

7 minutes ago, dmossu said:

Absolutely love my Gen4 0811X Driver - now I am looking to upgrade my 3W - does anyone have any experience with the Gen4 3W's? Especially @OspreyCI - We are running with the exact same driver setup (shaft and all) and see you are using the Proto woods and not the Gen4's. I would follow pretty much follow exactly what you did, go with the Diamana S+ 70 - 10g heavier than the driver that I was fitted for. 

I currently am gaming an M6 3W, but do not like the shaft and probably can sell it for what I can get a new Gen4. 

A little further back you can see my comments on Gen4 FWs 3/5.  Short version - I have the Gen 2, and Protos as well.  The Gen 4s are awesome.  For me awesome is consistency of strike - this is like the driver.  Very solid feeling strike and great consistency of strike.  Face feels consistent without having hot spots like the Protos.  Match up your shaft as well to optimize your spin.

All of their fairways are great but for me, Gen2s were less consistent.  Protos very consistent, but significantly higher spin, Gen 4 is consistent face response, great spin for me, really consistent strikes.

With the current pricing, all the Gen 4 clubs are a great deal.  The only bad thing is that the value of your old stuff is not so hot 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmossu said:

I have had the Proto 3/5 woods and was struggling a little with height on them (and thought spin). While I did an iron fitting last week the fitter messed around with shafts and weights (and my swing) and I gained 15 yds with each fairway by going back to my stock setup and shaft. We tried the Gen4 3 wood and I was better with the Proto for some reason. They were close so I was sticking with the Proto since I purchased some new irons. I will say I like the more rounded shape of the Gen4 fairway. 

If I was changing now and had some extra cash, I would go with Gen4 for sure at the new price. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I really need Pxg to drop the Gen3 iron price a little more (or at least for Hero’s) and I’ll grab those irons and cancel my Mizuno order. I still have time, @BobParsons @PXGSocialTeam make it happen 😜😬🤞🏼🙏🏼

• Haha 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

2 hours ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I really need Pxg to drop the Gen3 iron price a little more (or at least for Hero’s) and I’ll grab those irons and cancel my Mizuno order. I still have time, @BobParsons @PXGSocialTeam make it happen 😜😬🤞🏼🙏🏼

Man I am waiting for a bigger drop on the Gen 4 irons so I can swap my Gen 3 P irons for the black version - yes I have a sickness 🙂 

Played first round with the Blackbird and it was bombs away - made a 30 footer from the fringe, an 18 footer and had numerous close calls from 15-20 feet - playing 81 holes the next 3 days so my fingers are crossed. 🙂 

• Like 2