PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters

pga43

On 7/25/2021 at 4:28 AM, MizunoMade said:

I hear you. The thing for me is that I have many injuries from my sporting life so sometimes my body can prevent me from making my “move”. On a day when my body is feeling fine I strike it in the middle 9/10. But when I miss the strike is so poor that no driver can help me. 

I enjoy a shallower and a bit more compact look as it gives me a feeling of less face to miss on. 😂

I ordered the xt....the charts with the 100 mph club head speed helped make the decision...only.1 deg lower launch and more spin then the x. I like the shape better as well. We shall see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shakespeare said:

I ordered the xt....the charts with the 100 mph club head speed helped make the decision...only.1 deg lower launch and more spin then the x. I like the shape better as well. We shall see

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the score.  Congrats

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

2 hours ago, Shakespeare said:

I am having the same thoughts, the chart had numbers I liked. The shape and look is perfect in the pictures.

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

Ordered the Gen4 XT, they had it in stock with the Hzrdus smoke yellow so should have it in a few days. Now I need to figure out what shaft to put in it. I have a diamana zf60 and a fujikura Ventus blue at home, but I kind of like the diamana s-limited but I don’t se to many in x-stiff flying around.

Last couple of days I’ve been feeling the urge to test a 50 gram x-stiff. Like the diamana tb or the tensei 1K.

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

6 hours ago, MizunoMade said:

Ordered the Gen4 XT, they had it in stock with the Hzrdus smoke yellow so should have it in a few days. Now I need to figure out what shaft to put in it. I have a diamana zf60 and a fujikura Ventus blue at home, but I kind of like the diamana s-limited but I don’t se to many in x-stiff flying around.

Last couple of days I’ve been feeling the urge to test a 50 gram x-stiff. Like the diamana tb or the tensei 1K.

You know what you have to do...buy all the shafts you want to try, put adapters on them all...and goes nuts

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

You know what you have to do...buy all the shafts you want to try, put adapters on them all...and goes nuts

Nooooooooooo, don't do it 🙂  Been there, done that many times.  Go get fit, save a bunch of cash so you can buy more clubs.  Seriously, the shotgun approach is a lot of fun, but it gets expensive and some people I know have a room full of clubs they need to sell 🙂 

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I’m confused? Are you saying that there is another way? 😂

• Haha 1

So I got my first round in with the xt ...comparing to ping 425 last...both 10.5. when I first unboxed it I thought the head shape was great. Really more round then anything. It seemed upright in the standard setting, but since I play my ping flat, I switched the adapter settings. Hard to tell if it is as flat as the ping, but it looked better in this setting. Weight wise the head came in at 195 . That was much lighter then my ping by about 5 grams, stuck my tour ad di in (Black version) and off I went. Was expecting lower launch and more spin , but this combo was actually higher launch and spun similar to my ping with the same shaft. I loved the little higher ball flight and the sound and feel were much better then the ping. Since I only swing 100 to 102 distance was probably the same most of the time. overall very happy I got this head. Not nearly as fade biased as the ping, and the extra height really was nice. I think my days with low spin heads are probably over...

• Like 2

I think I am going to order an XT 10.5 and see what she is all about

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

I think I am going to order an XT 10.5 and see what she is all about

I went with the 9 degree as I always play 9 and this version as I understand it launches higher than gen2 X.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MizunoMade said:

I went with the 9 degree as I always play 9 and this version as I understand it launches higher than gen2 X.

Good to know. Thx my man 

Great news of the guys in my group just picked his 10.5 XT driver up yesterday so I can hit it after our round at Quintero Sunday. I'm bringing my weights and shafts and having at it...lets see if it can dethrone the ProtoX+ or SIM2 MAX.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Great news of the guys in my group just picked his 10.5 XT driver up yesterday so I can hit it after our round at Quintero Sunday. I'm bringing my weights and shafts and having at it...lets see if it can dethrone the ProtoX+ or SIM2 MAX.  

Can’t wait to hear man. You can definitely give us all feedback since you have hit all three Gen4 heads. 

Play well at Quintero. No rain for you on Sunday. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Can’t wait to hear man. You can definitely give us all feedback since you have hit all three Gen4 heads. 

Play well at Quintero. No rain for you on Sunday. 

Thanks my guy and I will for sure add my feedback and observations.  Pretty stoked to perhaps have a round thats not in the rain here in AZ...its been record breaking rain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

Thanks my guy and I will for sure add my feedback and observations.  Pretty stoked to perhaps have a round thats not in the rain here in AZ...its been record breaking rain. 

Looking forward to it!

Mine is due on Thursday but I’m hoping it shows up on Wednesday so I can game it on my Thursday comp.

• Like 1

Had a chance to hit the XT 10.5 and compare it to my Proto+ and SIM2MAX. I have to say glorious memories of my SIM tour issue gamer came to mind. It likes the lower tee and the spin and launch windows were very nice at Quintero here in AZ. I did have a few that were as long as the SIM2 if not longer. XT is a very stable mid spin head with heavy weight in front port (actually brought my own kit and changed out for testing with a 15gram weight with 2.5 in the other two ports). Power fades with the Ventus Red Velo. Probably should have got this head I stead of the XF which is seemingly a much higher ball flight than the Proto+. Solid work PXG! Pleasantly surprised with this head. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Had a chance to hit the XT 10.5 and compare it to my Proto+ and SIM2MAX. I have to say glorious memories of my SIM tour issue gamer came to mind. It likes the lower tee and the spin and launch windows were very nice at Quintero here in AZ. I did have a few that were as long as the SIM2 if not longer. XT is a very stable mid spin head with heavy weight in front port (actually brought my own kit and changed out for testing with a 15gram weight with 2.5 in the other two ports). Power fades with the Ventus Red Velo. Probably should have got this head I stead of the XF which is seemingly a much higher ball flight than the Proto+. Solid work PXG! Pleasantly surprised with this head. 

So wait - the viewers are confused - which Gen 4 heads do you have?  You have hit them all but sounds like you may just have the XF?  I am still loving the Gen4 x.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

So wait - the viewers are confused - which Gen 4 heads do you have?  You have hit them all but sounds like you may just have the XF?  I am still loving the Gen4 x.

Don’t you know this man is the GEN4 guru!! Ask and you shall receive…. 

• Haha 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

I was able to dump my XT for a sizable profit the last time they went max price. Didn't really want to, but I felt in long term I was going to go X and Proto X since they suit my eye better, so I went the greedy route. Worked out well! Haven't hit XF, but based on your feedback, I have to agree the Gen4 driver lineup is very good. Spent last 4 days hitting nothing but straight drives with the X. Pretty sure the only way you will mishit this driver is if you put a really bad swing on it. For $299, there's no reason to consider another driver outside of one of the Gen4s. 

• Like 2

full PXG bag fitting soon... very excited with all the talk around the Gen 4 product. Coming over from a full TM bag. 

• Like 3

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

LOL. I started with owning the X then got the XF and today hit my friends new XT. Currently, only have the Gen4 XF but that will be traded soon. 

Sticking with Proto+ and SIM2MAX for now but I suspect a XT will be in my stash soon 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cliffhanger said:

full PXG bag fitting soon... very excited with all the talk around the Gen 4 product. Coming over from a full TM bag. 

Smart move, so you must not be a club ho 🙂  I am doing a Lucky 7 +2 on Tuesday.  Will give details once it is done.  The pricing on Lucky 7 and Full bag are much more stable than individual pricing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

Sound like a smooth ride 🙂 The lower tee height is something I really liked about the OG SIM as it gave me a feeling of added control. I play a fade so I might have to pop in my ventus blue then! 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cliffhanger said:

Wow, you are going to have a great time! Here in Sweden the chances of demoing PXG is slim to none depending on location. I have fitted myself to most things with a little help from golfwrx and mizuno. I have a set of the gen3 0311t’s on the way as I am leaving the bladed world now that I am nearing 40 🙂

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

For those trying to dial in the XF after coming from Proto+ I think I cracked the code the past two days. Lets start off by laying out the differences of the PROTO+ and GEN4XF other than the obvious (4 vs 3 weight ports, color, materials etc...). At set up the PROTO+ is definitely a touch open, whilst the GEN4XF is a degree or two closed in the standard or PXG loft sleeve setting. I have played all my PXG drivers in the PXG setting (57* lie or -3* flat) but this didn't help at all on the XF. Getting frustrated on that left hook ball that came in every 6-7 tee balls no matter what weights or where I moved mass with out the toe weight port...so I benched her for several weeks and stayed with the proven PROTO+ head with the relentless Ventus Red Velo. 

Fast forward to Sunday, and my friend brought his newly queried G4XT, so I brought all my shafts and weights and the benched GEN4XF head to play with. Really had flashbacks to my last years OG SIM gamer with the XT (that head loves the lower tee ball height). Back to the XF head, and I was surprised that I could basically replicate the look of the gamer PROTO+ in the flat PXG setting by simply going to the BIG MINUS (opens it to get it just a touch open to square or perfectly square...anyway perfect).  What a bone head miss all these weeks not trying this when I got it on the range the first week long ago. Anyway, hit some hot/blazer big balls with this yesterday to back up Sundays test and tune session pre round. I realized I needed a little more launch angle with the BIG MINUS loft sleeve setting lofting down, so I teed it up higher and then also changed out to the 10gram front port, 10gram rear port and 2.5heel port, for some of the best driver range balls I have had year to date at my range (familiar with distances shooting them for years). Very neutral balanced set up!

Short story short, GEN4XF is designed closed a touch, and the loft sleeve can dial down the loft but also open and flatten her out to set up perfectly square. Get the weights and shaft right, and you are as good if not better than any other offering today. Finally, I have joined you all making the GEN4 a gamer. Did I say I love the darker black and AV carbon look? The sound...more stand out than PROTO+ of course, but even a more powerful CRACK sound at impact.  Simply lovely! 

Awesome to hear.  I totally agree that you need to make sure you get the setup right to maximize everything.  I also really like the look of the Gen 4 clubs.  I was laughing at the comment about bringing all of your shafts and weights to the range 🙂  You have to have your tools to get things right...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ajlacombe said:

Awesome to hear.  I totally agree that you need to make sure you get the setup right to maximize everything.  I also really like the look of the Gen 4 clubs.  I was laughing at the comment about bringing all of your shafts and weights to the range 🙂  You have to have your tools to get things right...

Thanks my guy. It feels like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I was getting envious of all of you sports gaming this new head in the various forms and was like come on, why cant I get this thing dialed. Thats where 5 shafts, weight kit, and a wrench come in LOL. My buddies were like man you are serious about this. Felling good for sure my brothers la GEN4 familia!

• Like 4

Had my first round with the gen4 XT today. Played it in standard settings and standard loft (9 degrees). It has a great profile, sounds fantastic, and surprisingly forgiving. I thought it would punish me more but had a couple of strikes that was in the toe area and lost nothing on them. It performed really good and looks the business 🙂

• Like 3

Opened up the 3f 1.5 degrees and it's a penetrating bomber. Not spinny at all! These Gen4 drivers, fairways and hybrids feel so good and go straight as an arrow when we'll struck. Finding the proper head weighting and shaft is key. Still have a few things I want to try on 5f and hybrids, but the overhaul of my gamer bag is coming along nicely. 

Gamer Bag:

Gen4 0811X 

Gen4 0341 3f 

Ping G400 5f 

Gen4 0317 

Gen2 0317

Gen3 T irons

Artisan & Titlest wedges

Artisan Putter

On Call Bag:

Proto 0811X

Ping LST 3f