Callaway Apex TCB - U.S. Release???

uscgolfguy

13 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I definitely want to get a look at them. They look small but they also look kind of perfect. If you like a nice rounded-toe iron, which I do, the TCB is appealing. 

I am figuring blade length will be between the XForgedCB and Apex MB in size? My XForgedCBs arrived (on course Monday!) and they look pretty compact, but the TCB definitely has a thinner topline and maybe the sole is too. So is it as small as the Blueprint or not quite that small, would be good to know. If it feels anything like the XForgedCB, it’s going to be popular. 

probably a touch bigger than Blueprints

Had an opportunity to hit the 6i during my Callaway fitting yesterday, with intent to go with the TCBs.  I found the shape slightly less attractive to my eye than the earlier pictures showed.  They were nice feeling, but something didn’t click for me.  I had better numbers with the MB.  There was no hesitation by the rep to say these are available for order, so I suspect more folks will consider these if they see them or know about them.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

I recently picked up a set of x-forged cb’s and all the talk about the offset had me rattled before getting them and I almost ordered a set of TCB’s. We are roughly 4-6 weeks away from our courses opening but I have now had 2 rounds on the sim with them and have hit full 9 and pw’s in my yard. If the TCB’s are a smaller profile I’m not sure I would want that, a bit less visible offset in the lower irons would be nice though. I guess what I’m getting at is that is the x-forged cb’s work I don’t really think there will be much difference in performance between the 2. The x-forged are pretty thin both sole and top line to my eye in hand 

22 minutes ago, MH2 said:

I recently picked up a set of x-forged cb’s and all the talk about the offset had me rattled before getting them and I almost ordered a set of TCB’s. We are roughly 4-6 weeks away from our courses opening but I have now had 2 rounds on the sim with them and have hit full 9 and pw’s in my yard. If the TCB’s are a smaller profile I’m not sure I would want that, a bit less visible offset in the lower irons would be nice though. I guess what I’m getting at is that is the x-forged cb’s work I don’t really think there will be much difference in performance between the 2. The x-forged are pretty thin both sole and top line to my eye in hand 

Agreed, I've been playing the X Forged CB since the beginning of the year. Seems like the offset in the pictures put a lot of people off, but its not as extreme in person. At least not enough to bother me. That said, I did place an order for the TCBs....never hurts to try both!

• Like 2

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

Callaway TCB vs MB, 6 irons.....

TCB has the same number of face grooves as the MB and offset, loft, lie is the same.

The TCB is a small headed, MB like players iron.

927788337_CallyTCBvsMB.jpg.bcbf54ee55793863057dc4a2fc93db4a.jpg

1060626597_CallyTCBvsMBspecs.jpg.4dbc9f6d24f3806f80513c6de8d12661.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 3/18/2021 at 9:25 AM, BirdieBob said:

Don't know, was wondering the same thing....shipped direct from London and no build sheet, etc in box?

Ships in a special "Scottsdale.UK orange/black shipping box and nothing on/in the box to indicate where the clubs were built.  Also, clubs are bagged with a sticker but nothing but order # and specs. but no indication of build location nor on the club.

According to Scottsdale, UK the irons are built/assembled in the UK.

Mine have all arrived with the exception of the 8-iron...just waiting for that for the 7 - PW to be shipped.  Only takes 3 business days to arrive once shipped!  GW arrives today.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

23 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Agreed, I've been playing the X Forged CB since the beginning of the year. Seems like the offset in the pictures put a lot of people off, but its not as extreme in person. At least not enough to bother me. That said, I did place an order for the TCBs....never hurts to try both!

Yeah, a lot of players look at pictures and specs and decide on clubs. That’s often a mistake IMO. I mean, the offset in the XForged CB was increased a tad at the request of Tour pros! Only on wrx are players allergic to offset. Get the XFCB on the course and play them and they are definitely one of the best irons released this year. Forgiveness on off-center hits, incredible spin and distance consistency. I was pondering TCB in short irons but I really do not believe it would make any difference in performance. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Just got off the phone with Callaway customer service just to see if I could get any update on my irons and apparently every set of the TCB’s have to have regional rep approval before they are built because of the limited nature of the release. They want to make sure they have enough sets to build before they commit.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Saw this on Instagram today for anyone hoping for the raw heads.  Post says they aren't available at retail.  But, with this being a limited release, I don't know if the regular one is considered retail either.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMvL8jjDCLj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by radiman

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

4 hours ago, radiman said:

Saw this on Instagram today for anyone hoping for the raw heads.  Post says they aren't available at retail.  But, with this being a limited release, I don't know if the regular one is considered retail either.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMvL8jjDCLj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have no knowledge of the quality of his work but his prices are always sky high 

5 minutes ago, speeder757 said:

I have no knowledge of the quality of his work but his prices are always sky high 

I think if you're looking at something like this, assuming you cannot just order it from anywhere, you are going to be paying a premium.  In terms of components and such, I have found his pricing to be pretty much on par with anyone else selling new product.

• Like 2

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

1 minute ago, radiman said:

I think if you're looking at something like this, assuming you cannot just order it from anywhere, you are going to be paying a premium.  In terms of components and such, I have found his pricing to be pretty much on par with anyone else selling new product.

If he has them, then so do many other dealers. His prices are sky high on everything 

2 minutes ago, speeder757 said:

If he has them, then so do many other dealers. His prices are sky high on everything 

Just pointing out he has them man.  If you can find them somewhere else you'd rather deal with, more power to you.  

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

2 hours ago, speeder757 said:

I have bought several clubs from JD and have never found his prices to be high.  Usually, he has better pricing than most.  Maybe the price on these were high b/c of the limited number, but if you're buying retail, his prices are really good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyle75 said:

I have bought several clubs from JD and have never found his prices to be high.  Usually, he has better pricing than most.  Maybe the price on these were high b/c of the limited number, but if you're buying retail, his prices are really good

I would completely agree here.  His prices are pretty reasonable and tend to be in line with others like him.

got an email fro fairwaygfusa.com. The TCB is available through them to order on their website. 

Edited by radiman

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

59 minutes ago, radiman said:

got an email fro fairwaygfusa.com. The TCB is available through them to order on their website. 

Yes, checked the price and +$200 for the same from Scottsdale.UK!

You can use Rakuten and get 7.5% off!

No Project X IO or LS listed?

Maybe DD will have better pricing?

Callaway Apex TCB iron - Fairway Golf Online Golf Store – Buy Custom Golf Clubs and Golf Gear (fairwaygolfusa.com)

Edited by BirdieBob

Fairway Golf USA shows different offset in the 9, PW, AW.....updated those below.  I believe the 0.5mm offset from looking at my AW...nothing!

230163614_TMPCallyTCBironspecs.jpg.62f068af6d42f6758db791dbe8d29e9c.jpg

31 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

Yes, checked the price and +$200 for the same from Scottsdale.UK!

You can use Rakuten and get 7.5% off!

No Project X IO or LS listed?

Maybe DD will have better pricing?

Callaway Apex TCB iron - Fairway Golf Online Golf Store – Buy Custom Golf Clubs and Golf Gear (fairwaygolfusa.com)

I ordered my set from Discount Dans.  Just saying that it was the better choice of the two.  At least according to my wallet haha.

Edited by radiman
  • Like 1

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

On 3/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, speeder757 said:

I'm going to have to disagree as well. I've ordered a handful of different builds and he has never been the highest price I've been quoted.

• Like 1
  • Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

14 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

I'm going to have to disagree as well. I've ordered a handful of different builds and he has never been the highest price I've been quoted.

It's not like they are a discount retailer.  If a guy is expecting to pay sub retail there aren't a lot of options out there.  Especially when dealing with some of the limited release stuff like this.  Plus the build quality is amazing.  Not always the case when stuff is built directly by the OEM.  JD's stuff is always great.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Got the email from FairwayGolfUSA.  When clicked link it takes to order page.  The options being listed are the same as what ScottsdaleGolfUK has listed for custom shafts.  No MMT shaft options available.  Almost looks like FairwayGolfUSA was given standard options for what’s available in UK/Europe.  Was hoping that MMT shaft would be stock option on these just like the Apex and X-Forged CB’s.   

Callaway Maverick SZ TD 9* Mitsubishi DF 70, Callaway Steelhead 3W Mitsubishi DF 80, Callaway Steelhead 5W Mitsubishi DF80,  Adams Peanut 18* Mitsubishi Pro Orange 90, Apex TCB 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX,  Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX, Scotty Cameron Newport 33/350G gun blue putter

7 minutes ago, jci13 said:

Got the email from FairwayGolfUSA.  When clicked link it takes to order page.  The options being listed are the same as what ScottsdaleGolfUK has listed for custom shafts.  No MMT shaft options available.  Almost looks like FairwayGolfUSA was given standard options for what’s available in UK/Europe.  Was hoping that MMT shaft would be stock option on these just like the Apex and X-Forged CB’s.   

I would reach out to them before assuming they're not an option.  Could just be that their site is not listing it when it should be.  

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

31 minutes ago, jci13 said:

I did not see the Project X IO or LS shafts at Fairway that Scottsdale has that I ordered.