2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Porzak Golf lessons

LowAndLeft32

Hey I have! I'd say overall really good experience. They are very thorough and personal. You'll get a very thorough look at your swing, a bunch of drills to work on, as well as a FaceTime lesson. I also kept in touch with them over WhatsApp to do quick check ins and updates which they were open to. The one thing I will say is that if you've followed them for a while on IG then chances are you've seen most of what they will tell you. Not that it's wrong, but it's pretty clear they have some fundamental ideas they believe in (like a lot of coaches!) and chances are you'll get prescribed some version of the drills you've seen on IG. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, enders.seb said:

Hey I have! I'd say overall really good experience. They are very thorough and personal. You'll get a very thorough look at your swing, a bunch of drills to work on, as well as a FaceTime lesson. I also kept in touch with them over WhatsApp to do quick check ins and updates which they were open to. The one thing I will say is that if you've followed them for a while on IG then chances are you've seen most of what they will tell you. Not that it's wrong, but it's pretty clear they have some fundamental ideas they believe in (like a lot of coaches!) and chances are you'll get prescribed some version of the drills you've seen on IG. 

Thanks @enders.sebfor the feedback. They do seem to have their view on setup and have some favorite drills. Im not sure getting prescribed drills that I see on IG is worth the cost of a online lesson? But they do have some great content. 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

Yeah that's the question. Not sure I can answer that for you. Obviously it helps to have them prescribe what you need, look at your swing, provide some feedback, etc. Don't forget about the Facetime lesson as well, you'll have them there live as you hit balls which is good too. I will say I've had online lessons from a few coaches that have pretty sizable IG followings (before anyone yells at me about jumping from coach to coach, I'm just a curious golfer), and what I've found is you can get most of what these coaches will tell you from their social media. It doesn't just apply to Porzak Golf. The value comes from getting a prescription that makes sense for you. How much is that worth to you? Only you can decide that haha

• Like 2

I've had a few lessons from Porzak's assistant, Mike Pitt, at Bernardo Heights CC. He's the one who posts most of the social media stuff. He's $50 cheaper / hour. You won't find more knowledgeable instructors anywhere in SD. They have A TON of students. Their 2-3 range spots down there at the end are 100% booked all day long every day with mostly juniors but a mix of adults too. Porzak seems to work mostly with juniors, HS and college kids. Mike identified some setup pieces and my dreaded backswing sway. Mike also uploaded a video from our lesson with a review to the V1 website. If you have the money I'd highly recommend either of them. I wish I could afford more time with them but I have a baby due in a few months!

• Like 1

Thanks @Lomo Saltado great feedback. Mike seems to know his stuff also. Unfortunately, I’m not in San Diego. Therefore, I would be doing online lessons. The online lessons are pricey which makes me a little hesitant. Thanks again and good luck with the new addition to the fam. 

• Like 1

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

I used to know him when he was just getting started teaching and way before his social media presence started getting big. He was a good kid and helped me with some nice tips when I was at Bernardo back in the day. I follow his IG feed and would recommend him to anyone who wants to try him. His dad Is a first class guy too.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 1:47 PM, LowAndLeft32 said:

Anybody else that has done lessons with these guys? Thanks. 

They are great. I’ve done 2 online lessons and watch his YouTube stuff.

I know exactly what I’m trying to accomplish and how to get there. 

it was worth the money for me. Just learning what connection in the golf swing really is was a game changer. 

Get to what Adam calls “the set position” and then let the body turn everything up to the top.

his setup keys have also helped, along with learning to maintain flex in trail leg in BS (which for me put the weight loaded up on inside of trail foot.  I used to get weight outside trail foot). 

I love Adam's content. He really helped it click for me to straighten out my takeaway. Seriously considering doing the drive down to SD for an in-person lesson.

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

• 4 weeks later...

Didn’t see any of the prices for the lessons on their websites? Would anybody be comfortable sharing what the rates are? I’m really considering taking lessons and I am a San Diego local trying to find the right people to get a lesson from. I’ve been following their IG for awhile now actually just haven’t gotten around to looking at the price. 

8 hours ago, Raffirillo said:

Didn’t see any of the prices for the lessons on their websites? Would anybody be comfortable sharing what the rates are? I’m really considering taking lessons and I am a San Diego local trying to find the right people to get a lesson from. I’ve been following their IG for awhile now actually just haven’t gotten around to looking at the price. 

They don’t list the rates. You have to contact them for details. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/13/2021 at 7:21 AM, Lomo Saltado said:

I've had a few lessons from Porzak's assistant, Mike Pitt, at Bernardo Heights CC. He's the one who posts most of the social media stuff. He's $50 cheaper / hour. You won't find more knowledgeable instructors anywhere in SD. They have A TON of students. Their 2-3 range spots down there at the end are 100% booked all day long every day with mostly juniors but a mix of adults too. Porzak seems to work mostly with juniors, HS and college kids. Mike identified some setup pieces and my dreaded backswing sway. Mike also uploaded a video from our lesson with a review to the V1 website. If you have the money I'd highly recommend either of them. I wish I could afford more time with them but I have a baby due in a few months!

What does Adam charge per hour and for an entire day?

11 minutes ago, AV13 said:

What does Adam charge per hour and for an entire day?

Your going to have to contact him directly. As previously mentioned his lesson tee is booked 100% of the time so I am not sure he even does full day sessions. 

check out Mike Pitt, too. He and Adam work closely together and are great.  I haven’t worked with them in ages but they always ask how my game is going when I’m practicing. 

Edited by lookylookitzadam

• 6 months later...

Here's the best approach for Porzak.  Spend the $49 for a month of his Master Class.  Watch the videos.  Yes, a lot of it is covered in YouTube, but you would have to watch a lot of videos and piece it together yourself; doable, but a lot easier to spend $49 to get the more polished and presented sequence.  

The videos are solid, easy to understand, and for some, you might come away thinking "that's it?". Well yes, when it comes to building a solid golf swing, it shouldn't be that complicated.  Your mileage will vary with just the videos, like all other videos, but vs many other online videos, these are backed up by a ton of free YouTube videos reinforcing the same concepts with real students.  The YouTube content is excellent.

At some point, yes, you are going to need some feedback.  Online lessons may be enough, or you have to spring for the big bucks to see Adam or Mike in person.  I suppose you could get a different local instructor, but then you have to make sure the swing philosophy of the local person is compatible.  And it's not Adam has some totally different theory, he is teaching much of the same stuff you have seen from other top instructors, but it is his unique way of presenting it.

Now after $49/month, you can decide, keep paying, make a trip to SD, or give it up...$49 is a small price to pay and who knows, it may give you that one missing ingredient to take you to the next level.

I'll give you my short review after spending 5 hours with Adam a few weeks ago.  Yes, it was pricey, but well worth it for me.  I had not done the $49/month subscription before hand because I wasn't sure if it was any different than the YouTube content.  I had watched a lot of the YouTube videos.  What I could not get from YouTube was the feedback I needed for my swing issues.  I got that and more in person.  What helped me the most was just simplifying my swing knowledge and all this "data" / swing thoughts overwhelming me.  I got a pretty straight forward blueprint and happy to report 5 weeks later it is still sticking.  My practice sessions are essentially mini repeats of the lesson.  I know exactly what I need to work on and self identify if I'm on the right path.

And again, what's great is how the YouTube content is constantly reinforcing the principles.  Adam was great to work with, a cool guy, humble, and seemingly always positive.  

Edited by CasualLie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CasualLie said:

Here's the best approach for Porzak.  Spend the $49 for a month of his Master Class.  Watch the videos.  Yes, a lot of it is covered in YouTube, but you would have to watch a lot of videos and piece it together yourself; doable, but a lot easier to spend $49 to get the more polished and presented sequence.  

The videos are solid, easy to understand, and for some, you might come away thinking "that's it?". Well yes, when it comes to building a solid golf swing, it shouldn't be that complicated.  Your mileage will vary with just the videos, like all other videos, but vs many other online videos, these are backed up by a ton of free YouTube videos reinforcing the same concepts with real students.  The YouTube content is excellent.

At some point, yes, you are going to need some feedback.  Online lessons may be enough, or you have to spring for the big bucks to see Adam or Mike in person.  I suppose you could get a different local instructor, but then you have to make sure the swing philosophy of the local person is compatible.  And it's not Adam has some totally different theory, he is teaching much of the same stuff you have seen from other top instructors, but it is his unique way of presenting it.

Now after $49/month, you can decide, keep paying, make a trip to SD, or give it up...$49 is a small price to pay and who knows, it may give you that one missing ingredient to take you to the next level.

I'll give you my short review after spending 5 hours with Adam a few weeks ago.  Yes, it was pricey, but well worth it for me.  I had not done the $49/month subscription before hand because I wasn't sure if it was any different than the YouTube content.  I had watched a lot of the YouTube videos.  What I could not get from YouTube was the feedback I needed for my swing issues.  I got that and more in person.  What helped me the most was just simplifying my swing knowledge and all this "data" / swing thoughts overwhelming me.  I got a pretty straight forward blueprint and happy to report 5 weeks later it is still sticking.  My practice sessions are essentially mini repeats of the lesson.  I know exactly what I need to work on and self identify if I'm on the right path.

And again, what's great is how the YouTube content is constantly reinforcing the principles.  Adam was great to work with, a cool guy, humble, and seemingly always positive.  

The website says it's $49.00 a month and a 12 month minimum? 

image.png.3fb076606fe1d3fb8b10db88d21a439f.png

9 hours ago, kobe123 said:

The website says it's $49.00 a month and a 12 month minimum? 

image.png.3fb076606fe1d3fb8b10db88d21a439f.png

Oh wow, I didn't notice that minimum...

I guess that negates my idea of try it for a month.  Although.....

Back to the YouTube idea, there are a lot of videos that focus on the main segments: setup, shaft parallel, set position, turn to top, transition, impact.

$499/yr is both at the same time a good value in and of itself, but also pricey.  If someone is willing to spend $400/hr of in person lesson, then $499 is a good deal considering all of the video content cannot be covered/absorbed in a one hour lesson.

However, I can see people not finding it worth it when comparing to other platforms which run $100-$200/year.

And then you have Monte's videos at one time fees and you own them.  At $20-$30 each series (or less sometimes), there are no better values than NTC, Efficient Swing, Use the Bounce, and Drive 4 Dough.  Those are some of the best series anywhere and worth 10x their price.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, Liveonce said:

i think they have gankas old videographer filming them now. They basically just took the Gankas model of pricing and using that

GG is $1,000 / hr now and every time I go to that range his area is packed with students and helpers. Not sure how his lessons work but there seems to be a cameraman, two other guys helping out each lesson and then GG sitting in his lawn chair watching the TM numbers. Last time I was there for 2+ hours and he didn't get up out of his chair one time.

• Haha 4
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.