2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Maxfli Tour balls

SkrappyHacker1

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

are these balls really that good on the course?

I am starting to get tired of paying $50/Dz or now $55 for Titleist

These are almost indistinguishable from the ProV-1.  I also like the Vice Pro.  Vice is doing buy 5 doz. get 1 doz. free until 3/15 with code "freedozen" for $25/doz. before tax and shipping.  These actually performed better or equal to ProV1.  

These are both made at Foremost along with Snell.  The quality on these balls are top notch and perform exceptionally good.  

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tooeasy said:

Anyone test the “S” version yet?

I've got one round with the Tour S.  It was really windy that day and the ball held up really well in the wind.  If comparing to an AVX, the Tour S spins slightly more and feels marginally firmer than the AVX.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Just now, dwboston said:

I've got one round with the Tour S.  It was really windy that day and the ball held up really well in the wind.  If comparing to an AVX, the Tour S spins slightly more and feels marginally firmer than the AVX.

Nice little review here. 

I played the Tour X all of last season. With this latest bulk discount on dozens, I picked up 2 dozen each of the Tour and S models. Figure it's worth giving them a shot to see if they can oust the X from my bag.

Have you played the other models Tour/X? If so, would love to hear your impressions of what makes them different in terms of performance. I know they list trajectories and spin for each, but real world can be very different sometimes.

2 hours ago, tsecor said:

are these balls really that good on the course?

I am starting to get tired of paying $50/Dz or now $55 for Titleist

Yes!

Have been entirely satisfied with the Tour X (previously played Pro V X). Every bit as good. Great durability. Performance is reliable and consistent. 

Just ordered a couple dozen of the Tour and S models as well (can get 4 dozen for $119 currently). The X is just so good that I figure I have to try their other models. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

Nice little review here. 

I played the Tour X all of last season. With this latest bulk discount on dozens, I picked up 2 dozen each of the Tour and S models. Figure it's worth giving them a shot to see if they can oust the X from my bag.

Have you played the other models Tour/X? If so, would love to hear your impressions of what makes them different in terms of performance. I know they list trajectories and spin for each, but real world can be very different sometimes.

I played the Tour last year in the spring and late fall.  It was fine, especially for the price, but it didn't excel for me or stand out in any area.  Feel was OK, spin maybe a bit less than I was expecting, ball flight was fine - but I tend to hit it high with the irons and a bit lower with the driver, no matter what ball I play.  It's a Pro V1-like ball for roughly half price with a DSG discount/reward code.  It's a good ball on an absolute basis, great ball on a relative price basis.  I never tried the X - I don't like firmer golf balls.

I know it's only one round but I really liked the Tour S.    

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

FYI on the text alerts. Got the $20 off $100 code right away. Wouldn't let me use it online (as I'd mentioned earlier), even though it said it would. 

Wife was picking the order up on her way home from work. Had her ask if they'd use the coupon in-store. No problem. Although they did have to return and resell to make it work. 

So, definitely buy and/or pick-up in the store if you want to take advantage of that deal. 

9 hours ago, dwboston said:

I played the Tour last year in the spring and late fall.  It was fine, especially for the price, but it didn't excel for me or stand out in any area.  Feel was OK, spin maybe a bit less than I was expecting, ball flight was fine - but I tend to hit it high with the irons and a bit lower with the driver, no matter what ball I play.  It's a Pro V1-like ball for roughly half price with a DSG discount/reward code.  It's a good ball on an absolute basis, great ball on a relative price basis.  I never tried the X - I don't like firmer golf balls.

I know it's only one round but I really liked the Tour S.    

Thanks for the insight. I generally hit the ball fairly high with my irons as well. And am a pretty high spin player. Of the three, I anticipate the  plain Tour may be my least favorite. But I was never a big fan of the Pro V1 (instead played the Pro V1x).

Very curious to see how the Maxfli S performs compared to the X. Particularly in relation to ball flight. Really like the X. So it'll be tough to knock out of the bag. But want to give the other 2 maxlfi model a chance to surprise me. 

Thinking about the 4 dz Maxfli Tour X deal at DSG or 48 5A Prov1x's from Lostgolfballs.com.. LGB is about $20~ less with the 15% off and free shipping. I've just seen so many mixed reviews about what people received with their customer service being an insurance policy for unsatisfactory expectations.. at the same time, there's nothing like a new ball out of the package, no worries there.

4 hours ago, Big_BenB said:

Thinking about the 4 dz Maxfli Tour X deal at DSG or 48 5A Prov1x's from Lostgolfballs.com.. LGB is about $20~ less with the 15% off and free shipping. I've just seen so many mixed reviews about what people received with their customer service being an insurance policy for unsatisfactory expectations.. at the same time, there's nothing like a new ball out of the package, no worries there.

DEFINITELY MAXFLI.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Big_BenB said:

50 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

DEFINITELY MAXFLI.  

Agree 100%. No telling the history of those refurbished balls. Would buy "practice" balls before I even considered second-hand ones.

Not only is the Maxfli ball new, but it's an outstanding performer. And if you can sign up for the $20 of $100 text deal, you'll get 4 dozen for $25 each. Don't know that there's any better value out there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big_BenB said:

1 hour ago, wantacigar said:

DEFINITELY MAXFLI.  

42 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

Agree 100%. No telling the history of those refurbished balls. Would buy "practice" balls before I even considered second-hand ones.

Not only is the Maxfli ball new, but it's an outstanding performer. And if you can sign up for the $20 of $100 text deal, you'll get 4 dozen for $25 each. Don't know that there's any better value out there.

Absolutely agree. Used balls are inconsistent at best but can be a lot worse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big_BenB said:

Or get 4dz ProV1X for $165 with the current 4 for 3 sale. Order through discount Dans and free shipping and no tax makes the $ difference even less. 

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

33 minutes ago, Mike412 said:

Couldn’t get them to honor the text alerts code. Said since they’re already on sale it can’t be used. Guess they changed it because I did it that way a couple of different times last year.

Depends on who is working the register

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

4 minutes ago, Mike412 said:

Yeah, I suppose so. But it seemed like the system showed it wasn’t allowed.

Yep, I think that's the store policy.  Manager at my local store usually hooks me up on the excluded items by punching in some override.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

13 hours ago, Big_BenB said:

Kinda depends on what you order. I usually order their balls with advanced alignment. Seems like those are always perfect. Never had any issues. 

Been messing around with the Tour, X, and S the past day. Just some wedges and putting to see if I can discern any differences in feel. Short version, I'm not feeling a huge difference. But I may just not be as sensitive as others to feel. As I did play the X all last season and never found it to be "clicky". 

Haven't hit much on the LM yet. And will still be a little bit until the weather permits getting out on the course. But I'll be certain to report back as I get more time with them. 

I am a Pro v1 addict and I rarely give any balls that I find on the course a much of a look.  I might save some balls for my playing partners who like a certain ball,  but other than that, I toss them into my big practice ball box out in the shop when I get home.  I have been finding more and more of these Maxfli balls around my home course the last 6 months.  Tour X , Tour S, and SoftFli's mostly.   I mentioned the Maxfli's to a friend who is a ball hawk and he said the Tour models play similar to a Pro v1 ?

I'll sort through my practice box and put a few in my bag before I head out to the course this morning.  As much as I love the Pro v1 ball, I'm getting tired of paying out big $$$$$

I need a alternative. 

Edited by Port and Starboard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Might grab some of these. Been looking at the Tour vs Tour X, which I saw someone compare to the ProV1 and ProV1x respectively. For the TLDR is the main difference between the two balls spin and feel? Just trying to figure out how I wanna split up my 4dz.

Hard to say specific to the new models. As there may be adjustments that have a noticeable impact. But one video I recall indicated the Tour X was more consistent in terms of spin than the Tour. Which is why I went with a full 4 dozen last year of the Tour X. And I always preferred the Pro V1 X.

Still have 3 dozen of the X left. So this year I ordered 2 dozen Tour and 2 dozen Tour S. And will do some on-course comparisons. I also figure that if one is a standout, I may be able to go back and exchange any unopened dozens at Dicks. If not, oh well, but I don't think it's a crazy unreasonable request. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Might grab some of these. Been looking at the Tour vs Tour X, which I saw someone compare to the ProV1 and ProV1x respectively. For the TLDR is the main difference between the two balls spin and feel? Just trying to figure out how I wanna split up my 4dz.

... I can't speak for low or high swing speed guys other than one of my long hitting playing pard that found the Tour X was 5-10yds shorter due to excessive spin. Compared to the Callaway Chrome LS he plays it was even shorter. For me at around 95mph swing speed the X was about 5 yds shorter on average so I have stuck with the Tour, although I picked up some Tour S to use when it gets very windy. Don't have a verdict on those yet. I did some ball to ball testing between the ProV1, Maxfli Tour X and Maxfli Tour last summer when I had the course to myself and found the Maxfli Tour was consistently the longer off the tee. Generally by 5 yds or less than the ProV1 but almost always longer. But for me, the rest of the performance between the ProV1/Maxfli Tour was virtually identical. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

As I mentioned here early this morning, I did end up putting some "found" Maxfli Tour balls in my bag for today's round.

I played the Maxfli Tour X for the first 9 holes today and played the Pro v1 for the first 3 holes on the back 9. I switched back the the Maxfli for the rest of the round.  Course was fairly dry and the greens were on the firm side.

About my game:    I am 65, tall, strong enough, and in good health. 12 handicap trending down.  My usual driver distance is around 250 and my 7 iron carry is about 155.  My usual spin off the wedges is a bit more than most people I play with.

I am very impressed with the Maxfli Tour X.

Driver distance vs Pro v1..................... Didn't see any difference in carry and roll.

Irons.........I flew the Maxfli maybe a bit higher than the Pro v1 but I didn't see any difference with my usual carry yardage.

Spin off of the mid and short irons................again, about the same as the Pro v1.  Nothing crazy like the Kirkland.

Pitching.......... checks and releases about the same.

Putting..........I play with a Odyssey 2 Ball so pretty much every ball feels the same to me.  No difference in how it comes off the face of the putter.

Workability........   Had to hit a couple big looping slices out of tree trouble and I think the Maxfli might out performed the Pro v1 in this area.  I'll have to drop some balls next time out while alone.

Overall feel and sound.............. sounded the same off the driver and irons to me.  Although, my son said that there was a difference.  Feel was all around nice.

I can definitely see myself playing the Maxfli in the future.

IMG_20230305_141014529.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

Hard to say specific to the new models. As there may be adjustments that have a noticeable impact. But one video I recall indicated the Tour X was more consistent in terms of spin than the Tour. Which is why I went with a full 4 dozen last year of the Tour X. And I always preferred the Pro V1 X.

Still have 3 dozen of the X left. So this year I ordered 2 dozen Tour and 2 dozen Tour S. And will do some on-course comparisons. I also figure that if one is a standout, I may be able to go back and exchange any unopened dozens at Dicks. If not, oh well, but I don't think it's a crazy unreasonable request. 

I might do the same thing. Maybe just get 2 of each and see what happens. I have a GG near me that maybe could hit both at and an outdoor lesson with Trackman next month that might help narrow things down. I'm a big on course person though vs indoor LM. Of course I need to get more swing consistency or it's all moot...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... I can't speak for low or high swing speed guys other than one of my long hitting playing pard that found the Tour X was 5-10yds shorter due to excessive spin. Compared to the Callaway Chrome LS he plays it was even shorter. For me at around 95mph swing speed the X was about 5 yds shorter on average so I have stuck with the Tour, although I picked up some Tour S to use when it gets very windy. Don't have a verdict on those yet. I did some ball to ball testing between the ProV1, Maxfli Tour X and Maxfli Tour last summer when I had the course to myself and found the Maxfli Tour was consistently the longer off the tee. Generally by 5 yds or less than the ProV1 but almost always longer. But for me, the rest of the performance between the ProV1/Maxfli Tour was virtually identical. 

I'm 110ish SS, am guessing the Tour will be ideal. But of course always have to test things to find out for sure.

• Like 1

Played 18 today with Maxfli Tour and Vice Pro.  Winds were light at 1st tee increasing as the round progressed.  By the time I got to 15 through 18 I was walking dead into a 20mph sustained with 30mph gusts.  Unlike @Port and Starboard I'm 56, a bit portly with bad knees.  I'm walking more to help correct the portly part.  Both the Maxfli and Vice performed admirably into wind.  I outdrove the guy I was playing with consistently and he and I had similar swing speeds.  I may have had a mile or two mph on him but not by much.  On 18 tee, elevated tee box, 25mph+ headwind drove one 220.  if it were 15 degrees warmer with 5-7 wind it would have gone about 250.  The Vice Pro and Maxfli Tour are almost indistinguishable.  I do think the Vice edges it out on distance, but not by much.  Nice check up into the greens (unfortunately for me I didn't chip them up far enough and could have used some roll out). Shot a 42 on front and a 48 on the back (legs and knees were starting to let me down by 13-14.)  I will not play any other balls other than the Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour other than the 2 dozen Kirklands my kids got me for Christmas LOL.  I've been playing to a 12-13 hcp.  My short game sucked a bit today but the balls performed extremely well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Big_BenB said:

I couldn't get the app to acknowledge the coupon so I'll have to see what the store says when I pick them up

Had the same thing happen to me. Wife was picking up the order for me at the store. Asked her to see if they'd take the coupon there; and they did. No issues or anything. Now, this could very well be a store-by-store thing. But at least for my sample of one, it seemed like a normal thing they do.

1 hour ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

I might do the same thing. Maybe just get 2 of each and see what happens. I have a GG near me that maybe could hit both at and an outdoor lesson with Trackman next month that might help narrow things down. I'm a big on course person though vs indoor LM. Of course I need to get more swing consistency or it's all moot...

I'm the same with wanting to see performance on course. I do have a LM, but there's still a lot of value to seeing what actually plays best for you.

• Like 1