2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Maxfli Tour balls

SkrappyHacker1

30 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

In the beginning of 2021 you can get the Maxfli Tour for 2/$50.

You also get 2019 balls for 2/$40 before they sold out of them.

Vice is still $25 a dozen when on sale, and they are very similar balls.

If Dick's had 2/$50, I'd have bought 12 dozen. Instead, Vice got my money.

Edited by Ger21
  • Like 1

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

25 minutes ago, Tanner25 said:

Good points. If you play a lot, the cost adds up and I do remember the 2 for 50 deal. In my opinion, there's ways to get a discount to help a bit. Stock up during the holidays or use your DSG/GG points rewards or buy ksigs 🙂

I always have a double dozen Ksigs for the courses with a lot of water, hazards that eat balls for lunch, days where I suck and don't want to lose $3 balls or just casual rounds.  I actually really like the Ksigs.

• Like 3

On 12/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, Dvabe1541 said:

The Dick’s website now lists the 2023 balls as 2 for $70.

So as suspected that increase we saw a couple of months ago was indeed for the new or 2023 model.  

I still say that $35/dozen for a ball of this caliber is well worth it!

$20 bucks cheaper than BS or Titleist, you know they will have a $5 dollar hike.

I also believe that we will be able to get the 2021 model for a cheaper price point for a little while longer.

Edited by pjc
  • Like 3

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

8 hours ago, pjc said:

So as suspected that increase we saw a couple of months ago was indeed for the new or 2023 model.  

I still say that $35/dozen for a ball of this caliber is well worth it!

$20 bucks cheaper than BS or Titleist, you know they will have a $5 dollar hike.

I also believe that we will be able to get the 2021 model for a cheaper price point for a little while longer.

Is there a difference between the 2021  and 2023 models other than the alignment aid?

As I recall, the 2019 ball was 2 for $50 (and BOGO sales were common), went up to 2 for $60 for a little while and dropped down to 2 for $55 when the 2021 ball came out.  I think it took quite some time for them to drop further but they eventually had sales on them (likely to get rid of the inventory).  I never purchased any of the 2021 balls because of the price increase, the alignment lines made them look like range balls to me, and they didn't have the matte green option (not a deal breaker by itself but I probably would have tried them if the green option was there).  I doubt that I will try the 2023 model unless they have a huge sale.

12 minutes ago, cardigan said:

As I recall, the 2019 ball was 2 for $50 (and BOGO sales were common), went up to 2 for $60 for a little while and dropped down to 2 for $55 when the 2021 ball came out.  I think it took quite some time for them to drop further but they eventually had sales on them (likely to get rid of the inventory).  I never purchased any of the 2021 balls because of the price increase, the alignment lines made them look like range balls to me, and they didn't have the matte green option (not a deal breaker by itself but I probably would have tried them if the green option was there).  I doubt that I will try the 2023 model unless they have a huge sale.

Same for me. They are creeping into that top tier price range and knowing that they are made by the same company that makes Vice and other DTC balls and all testing shows that the Maxfli and Vice are almost exact copies, it is hard to justify increased pricing. I get it with overseas shipping as container costs have tripled, but for the Titleist's of the world, it seems convenient that it is an opportunity for them to pass along these non existent logistics costs as 2/3 of their premium balls are made in USA. I get raw materials, but generally the supplier is made to eat that cost.

• Like 1

seems like DSG has also been drinking a bit of the maxfli tour/tour x kool-aid that's been poured here and thinking that they could push the product line up into the next tier of golf ball sales and marketing. not saying that it's not a great ball - it is, BUT at the $25/box price point. any higher and folks just look elsewhere, either at the vice/snell offerings or the mid-tier lines from the big brands

• Like 3

New ball 2 for $60 in Oregon in store. Probably mislabeled 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

What makes anybody think that Vice/Snell/any other brand will not up their pricing in the coming months?  They just haven't done it as of now, but it will happen.  DSG upped the price $5 dollars a dozen and that may be temporary.  I suspect they know that there is a buzz surrounding the Maxfli Tours and are possibly testing the waters, probably not, but they also probably have some wiggle room with pricing on these and could still make money selling them even if they dropped the special back to 2/60.  Paying $35 for a 3 piece urethane ball that performs is still a great price no matter how you slice it.  Are you really going to split hairs over $5?  Not to mention you can still get the '21 model for $30/dozen.

Edited by pjc
  • Like 3

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

33 minutes ago, pjc said:

What makes anybody think that Vice/Snell/any other brand will not up their pricing in the coming months?  They just haven't done it as of now, but it will happen.  DSG upped the price $5 dollars a dozen and that may be temporary.  I suspect they know that there is a buzz surrounding the Maxfli Tours and are possibly testing the waters, probably not, but they also probably have some wiggle room with pricing on these and could still make money selling them even if they dropped the special back to 2/60.  Paying $35 for a 3 piece urethane ball that performs is still a great price no matter how you slice it.  Are you really going to split hairs over $5?  Not to mention you can still get the '21 model for $30/dozen.

I already made my decision when the '21 model came out at an increased price.  The '23 price just solidifies that.  Even if Vice increases their prices, they will still have color options that I prefer.  Also, I highly doubt that the '23 price is temporary.  Can't recall them ever lowering a price unless/until a new model comes out.

14 minutes ago, cardigan said:

I already made my decision when the '21 model came out at an increased price.  The '23 price just solidifies that.  Even if Vice increases their prices, they will still have color options that I prefer.  Also, I highly doubt that the '23 price is temporary.  Can't recall them ever lowering a price unless/until a new model comes out.

Unfortunately ... +1

3 hours ago, str8up said:

seems like DSG has also been drinking a bit of the maxfli tour/tour x kool-aid that's been poured here and thinking that they could push the product line up into the next tier of golf ball sales and marketing. not saying that it's not a great ball - it is, BUT at the $25/box price point. any higher and folks just look elsewhere, either at the vice/snell offerings or the mid-tier lines from the big brands

What DSG might not realize is that the people who buy the Maxfli Tour are looking for a bargain.  Bargain hunters generally have the patience to wait for a good deal and stock up.

That's how I roll anyway.

Edited by bekgolf
wrong post
  • Like 2

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

played yesteday, and decided to try the Maxfli tour X again, I mostly play colored balls now because my eyesight is failing a little, and my driving distance seems to be going up. I smacked a few well over 300, with one going around 340. My son plays ProV1, and he wanted to switch balls one hole to see if it was the ball or me, I was outdriving him by 10-20 yards consistently. Switched balls, and I was still outdriving him with the ProV1. Great ball, wish they made a yellow or lime green though.

• Like 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, gioreeko said:

played yesteday, and decided to try the Maxfli tour X again, I mostly play colored balls now because my eyesight is failing a little, and my driving distance seems to be going up. I smacked a few well over 300, with one going around 340. My son plays ProV1, and he wanted to switch balls one hole to see if it was the ball or me, I was outdriving him by 10-20 yards consistently. Switched balls, and I was still outdriving him with the ProV1. Great ball, wish they made a yellow or lime green though.

I hit a ball 340 yards once.  Hit a beautiful drive, carried about 240 yds, hit the paved cart path belgian block border and propelled high and forward, then, as the greens keeper cart was driving by it hit the ball  further down the fairway to about the 340 yard mark.  

😆

JK.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, pjc said:

I bought the '21 model 4 doz. pack when it was $104.98 with a $20 off $100 coupon and $10 Dicks Bucks.  Paid $75 for 4 dozen.  For $35+/doz. I'm buying the TM Tour Response.  For $28.99/doz I'm buying the Vice Pro and a few extra beers at the 19th hole.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wantacigar said:

I hit a ball 340 yards once.  Hit a beautiful drive, carried about 240 yds, hit the paved cart path belgian block border and propelled high and forward, then, as the greens keeper cart was driving by it hit the ball  further down the fairway to about the 340 yard mark.  

😆

JK.  

whatever it takes!!!!

• Haha 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

22 hours ago, dalehead said:

Is there a difference between the 2021  and 2023 models other than the alignment aid?

... Been a little chilly here with temps in the mid 50's the last week so hard to make a real performance comparison. But the cover of the '23 is much more durable and keeps it's sheen better than the old ball. The sandy fairways here in the desert can chew up balls quickly. Here is a picture of the old ball after 18 and the new ball after 36:

249060316_aMaxfli23.JPG.8238a83585745b56461fdaf2d74cdefc.JPG

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Don’t get me wrong, Snell makes a great ball, but their prices are going up too. 2 dozen MTB- X are $75.98 with shipping. Better discounts for larger quantities are no longer available. The MTB black is not available at all. Not complaining, just recognizing that prices and supply chain issues are effecting everyone.

Edited by dalehead
  • Like 2

I think the big thing for me is that it moves the Maxfli Tour and Tour X into a price point where there are other balls from Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Srixon, Vice, Snell etc that are good balls. At $25 or $30 a dozen they really didn’t have much competition. Now I have considerably more options for a quality ball at $35 a dozen. 

Edited by jds_mlb
  • Like 2

To be honest you are better off Now just paying a few extra bucks and buying brand name balls as the DTC balls time you pay shipping and all you are only maybe 3-4 bucks less than name brand premium balls. Hell if you're going to pay 44 bucks with shipping and taxes a dz for snell why not just pay 6mire bucks and pkay Pro Vs?? Your best choice for DTC is Vice I think that is the best one ONLY IF YOU BUY THE 5 dz to get them for 27 ir 28 bucks dz whatever it is. 

Edited by Longdriver295

7 minutes ago, Longdriver295 said:

To be honest you are better off Now just paying a few extra bucks and buying brand name balls as the DTC balls time you pay shipping and all you are only maybe 3-4 bucks less than name brand premium balls. Hell if you're going to pay 34 bucks a dz for snell why not just pay 6mire bucks and pkay Pro Vs?? Your best choice for DTC is Vice I think that is the best one ONLY IF YOU BUY THE 5 dz to get them for 27 ir 28 bucks dz whatever it is. 

Pro V1’s are $50 a dozen and word on the street is the 2023 version will be $55.

7 minutes ago, Longdriver295 said:

To be honest you are better off Now just paying a few extra bucks and buying brand name balls as the DTC balls time you pay shipping and all you are only maybe 3-4 bucks less than name brand premium balls. Hell if you're going to pay 34 bucks a dz for snell why not just pay 6mire bucks and pkay Pro Vs?? Your best choice for DTC is Vice I think that is the best one ONLY IF YOU BUY THE 5 dz to get them for 27 ir 28 bucks dz whatever it is. 

I kind of agree.  Pro V's are about $49/doz. here tho.  The Snell Black, when the bulk discount comes back is still a good deal.  TM TP5's are between $47 to $49/doz.  The TM Tour Response is now $39.99/doz.  Like I said earlier in this thread.  For $5 more I would play the TM Tour Response over the Maxfli Tour.  But, for the money, I'm buying the Vice 5 doz. deal and buy my balls for the year at one time.

Just now, tboh said:

I would agree w this but IMO it's a moot point ... they all perform the same to me ... I can shoot 75 w a Maxfli & 90 w a ProV easy as pumpkin pie

If I can save $10 per dozen then I'll save the moolah but I want to get the balls when I need them

Maxfli will lose my business bc I play the green balls ... the only other balls that I can see are the new tour response w the big fat line & the halfnhalf ball by Srixon (I think)

Anyway ... Merry Christmas

1 hour ago, tboh said:

Maxfli will lose my business bc I play the green balls ... the only other balls that I can see are the new tour response w the big fat line & the halfnhalf ball by Srixon (I think)

Anyway ... Merry Christmas

Check out Vice then

they've got some lime green ones

• Like 1

Yadi for President

On 12/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, BYK said:

Check out Vice then

they've got some lime green ones

Knowing that the Maxfli and Vice are made in the same factory and the performance specs in everyone's testing is almost exact is pretty telling. I think Maxfli (Dicks) have priced themselves out of the market. 

• Like 3