2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature Wedges

ltom

20 hours ago, Bad9 said:

Nope. China and other places, same as virtually every other company. The majority of the balls are I believe are made in USA I think.

Well.  I agree that most of the balls are made in the states (the rest are in Thailand I think like their Player's Gloves) but I think that the clubs are assembled in the states (with Clubheads from China, Shafts and grips from the states).  That is assuming that the clubs has a True Temper shaft (made in the states) with a Golf Pride Grip (also made in the states).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by cgasucks

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

15 minutes ago, cgasucks said:

Well.  I agree that most of the balls are made in the states (the rest are in Thailand I think like their Player's Gloves) but I think that the clubs are assembled in the states (with Clubheads from China, Shafts and grips from the states).  That is assuming that the clubs has a True Temper shaft (made in the states) with a Golf Pride Grip (also made in the states).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't think GP grips were made in the good ole US of A.

Edited by ltom

10 minutes ago, ltom said:

I didn't think GP grips were made in the good ole US of A.

I think you're right.  On their website it says that they're made in Taiwan and Thailand.  I could've sworn that they're made in the states since I saw a Golf Pride video of a non-Asian woman making using a belt sander to expose the cord underneath the grip to make corded grips. 

Then again I saw that video almost 20 years ago.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

On 4/15/2021 at 7:29 AM, Northandleft said:

Costco wedges. 
They take the hard work that real golf companies do in research and development to China and say make it as cheaply as you can. They stick the Kirkland name on it (as well as toilet paper, steak spice and multi vitamins) and wait for bored sheep to shove them in the cart full of crap. 
I would be embarrassed to put them in my bag. Have some respect for what Vokey and Cleveland (real people) and many others do for a living. Buy real clubs. 

Go look at any clubs. They have to list where the components are made. All manufacturers make their main components in CHINA. Go check it out, I did. That's why last year it was impossible or took ages to get clubs. Major manufacturers jack up prices because of advertising, sponsorships etc. Nothing but the facts here.  I've bought the Titleist clubs off of DH Gate and they are no different

• Like 1

The biggest issue I have with Kirkland wedges is I'm LH.  Same with their gloves - fit on the LH only.  Next, most iron sets now have PW lofts in the range of 44 degrees.  52-56-60 is so last century.  48/50, 52/54, and 56/58 would be far better lofts to sell to "everyman".  Most fitters recommend that the average golfer should avoid a 60 like the plague.  Too hard to control hitting too high on the face or blading it.  Anyone skilled enough to use a 60 will also want shaft and grind options.  Nice idea, misses the mark for the intended buyer.

There was a question on Titleist clubs made in the USA.  For the NA market, they are definitely assembled in Carlsbad, CA.  Almost no shafts are manufactured in the USA.  Beyond Cameron putter heads, there are very few components from any company actually sourced in the USA.  Better luck with balls - Titleist, Bridgestone, and Callaway have US plants.  Almost all the balls with direct online sales (Vice, Snell, etc.) use the same S. Korean manufacturer.  Srixon has their own plants, but are all in Asian Pacific Rim sites.

Here is a nice review on YT:

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Titleist TSR3 10* driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Hogan Apex 4 shafts soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

16 hours ago, winegr said:

The Kirkland Sig wedges are fantastic. I bought them on a whim for messing around with over the late fall/winter. They are the best wedges I’ve played. Much better than my recent Cleveland’s and Callaways. The only problem at all with them is the label. I’ve hit some of my best wedge shots ever with them. I was shocked. 

The KSIG scrawl is SO ugly 😄  but if ugly helps me shoot under 80, I'll dance. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

10 hours ago, Wisconsin Terrapin said:

The biggest issue I have with Kirkland wedges is I'm LH.  Same with their gloves - fit on the LH only.  Next, most iron sets now have PW lofts in the range of 44 degrees.  52-56-60 is so last century.  48/50, 52/54, and 56/58 would be far better lofts to sell to "everyman".  Most fitters recommend that the average golfer should avoid a 60 like the plague.  Too hard to control hitting too high on the face or blading it.  Anyone skilled enough to use a 60 will also want shaft and grind options.  Nice idea, misses the mark for the intended buyer.

There was a question on Titleist clubs made in the USA.  For the NA market, they are definitely assembled in Carlsbad, CA.  Almost no shafts are manufactured in the USA.  Beyond Cameron putter heads, there are very few components from any company actually sourced in the USA.  Better luck with balls - Titleist, Bridgestone, and Callaway have US plants.  Almost all the balls with direct online sales (Vice, Snell, etc.) use the same S. Korean manufacturer.  Srixon has their own plants, but are all in Asian Pacific Rim sites.

FYI costco's website has RH gloves for lefty golfers. Never seen them in a store though.

2 hours ago, Albiemanmike said:

So just to clarify many stated they had crappy shafts? Well they are True Temper wedge flex shafts.

A9938345-0DC9-4AF9-A4E5-9C3946BE11A9.jpeg

Pretty sure that shaft has been in thousands and thousands of high end wedges over the years.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

On 4/14/2021 at 8:58 PM, Stretchr said:

I’m enjoying mine so far.

fwiw I suck st golf but am working hard at getting better. I have hit some great shots with these wedges so far, especially enjoying the 52. I play it very often in full shots and it has done very well so far. 

the return policy at Costco is the big winner here, as a newbie I’ve already managed to bend a shaft on a tree trunk. Easily returned and got new wedges. Not much at risk if you don’t like them take them back. 

im sure there are “better” options but I like them and don’t know any better about bounce and grind options at this point anyway.

tldr: I like them, but I suck so ymmv

Ummm....not sure bending a club on a tree then returning it is fair use of the return policy, jus sayin’.....

Ping G430 Max 10k 9.0 - Alta CB 55 R 

Ping G400 5 wood - Alta CB 65 R

PIng G425 Max 7 wood - Alta CB 65 R

Mizuno CLK hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 70 R

Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi 23 & 26 - Recoil ESX R

Maltby TS1 IM 7-GW - Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/12 - Rotex 70 wedge flex

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58/06- Rotex 70 wedge flex

Odyessey Eleven Tour Lined

Used them today for the first time. Turf was wet and squishy up north.  I'm just an average joe (5-10 180) who normally duffs many wedge shots. The sticks feel great to me.  I tried all 3 wedges with reg, high, low, full and belly shots. I didn't duff any shots and all the shots were fine. It's first time that I feel confident with wedge shots.  I really cant say anything negative about them. I think they look great and perform admirably. Since I've only used them once I can't comment on durability. 

Edited by ltom
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ltom said:

Used them today for the first time. Turf was wet and squishy up north.  I'm just an average joe (5-10 180) who normally duffs many wedge shots. The sticks feel great to me.  I tried all 3 wedges with reg, high, low, full and belly shots. I didn't duff any shots and all the shots were fine. It's first time that I feel confident with wedge shots.  I really cant say anything negative about them. I think they look great and perform admirably. Since I've only used them once I can't comment on durability. 

They really are amazingly versatile. The place that maybe surprised me the most is the 56 (and 60 I guess, but use less) is absolutely fantastic out of the sand. I was worried I would struggle out of the sand because these look more “precise” but they glide thru sand and turf really well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, winegr said:

They really are amazingly versatile. The place that maybe surprised me the most is the 56 (and 60 I guess, but use less) is absolutely fantastic out of the sand. I was worried I would struggle out of the sand because these look more “precise” but they glide thru sand and turf really well. 

Agreed. I find that they glide fine without having to open the face. Did u find that as well?

3 hours ago, pak said:

For $40 more, $20 with a 10% discount, you can get 3 Tommy Armour 845’s in 52, 56. & 69. Which is the better wedge and deal. I play neither, but just throwing it out there.

How do you know its a better wedge?

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

45 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

How do you know its a better wedge?

People really are sleeping on the K Sig wedges. These wedges are meaningfully better than my prior Callaway (Mack Daddy) and Cleveland CBX wedges. The turf and sand interaction and easy hitting a variety of shots is great. And they are precise and forgiving. They deserve the praise of Rick Shiels and others (and me).  The label is ugly though. 

• Like 2

I can even get over the K-Sig logo, but the "milled face technology" text kills it for me.

Either way, the bag appeal is indeed sucky, but I am fine with being an outlier and gaming something unique and left field.

I also use the K-Sig glove and 3piece ball and enjoy those products too. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX @10 MCA Kaili Blue 50 S

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 15 UST Mamiya Linq Purple 6F4

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 3H Fujikura Fuel 85HB S

TaylorMade P-DHY 22 Fujikura Ventus TR Blue HB 7S

Titleist T200 5-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 S

Callaway Jaws Raw 56.12X, 60.08Z True Temper DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Teryllium 2 Newport KBS GPS Tour 120 Rainbow
Titleist Linksmaster

I love Costco, and I play the Ksig ball. 

Unfortunately, I'm not going to try the wedges:

1. I'm 6'5", so without having over-length options they're not for me. Sure, I could get them lengthened, but then the cost goes up. 
  2. My SS puts me somewhere in the S/X shaft. Granted that won't matter too much on a wedge since they'd rarely be used for full swings, but it will throw off the weight of the club for me and I'm not sure I'll like the feel. Right now my SW is pretty high; most irons at E0 and I think my PW/SW/60 are closer to E4. Sure, I could get them reshafted, but then the cost goes up.
  3. I play on hard pack muni courses. The stock heads have a little more bounce than I'd like, playing off of very hard tight lies. If I was hitting off of nice lush fairways, this probably wouldn't be a problem. But when I get new wedges I'm going to have low-bounce 50 and 60 wedges, with a higher bounce 55 primarily for sand work and when I've got a fluffy lie. 

My plan is going to be Sub70, which will be a little more expensive, but which will be entirely built to my specs from the start and give me more loft/lie options for gapping. Still need to decide whether I want the set GW at 50* or one of their dedicated wedges at 50*. It'll depend on the bounce, but I'll need to call them and decide when I get there.

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

On 4/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, betarhoalphadelta said:

My plan is going to be Sub70, which will be a little more expensive, but which will be entirely built to my specs from the start and give me more loft/lie options for gapping. Still need to decide whether I want the set GW at 50* or one of their dedicated wedges at 50*. It'll depend on the bounce, but I'll need to call them and decide when I get there.

+1 to Sub70. Great company, great customer service. I've played their woods/hybrid/irons at some point, but not their wedges. Would be curious to hear your thoughts!

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX @10 MCA Kaili Blue 50 S

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 15 UST Mamiya Linq Purple 6F4

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 3H Fujikura Fuel 85HB S

TaylorMade P-DHY 22 Fujikura Ventus TR Blue HB 7S

Titleist T200 5-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 S

Callaway Jaws Raw 56.12X, 60.08Z True Temper DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Teryllium 2 Newport KBS GPS Tour 120 Rainbow
Titleist Linksmaster

I’ve got a set, and I find it ironic cause I also pulled the gap wedge as it was leaving me too much of a gap to my PW.  However, I love the 56 and 60.  They spin a ton, can easily be opened and have just enough bounce for my conditions.  I would easily buy another set when these wear out.

As far as the stigma of carrying them, I think it’s literally funny.  I also use a Kirkland glove and ball.  But when I stick it close with these wedges, glove and ball, I think it proves you don’t need more expensive stuff to hit quality shots.

Edited by blues72

Well i'm practicing and learning how to hit a wedge.  So far they seem fine for where i'm at.  They fly well when i hit them half way decent.  Even noticing some forgiveness on slightly off shots.  when I have a bad swing they definitely duff.  Soon as the snow melts here in NY i'll try em out on the course.  Not noticing any durability issues.  They have a nice feel to me.

Edited by ltom

11 minutes ago, lenman73 said:

I have the set and am very happy with them.  I'm more worried about people seeing g them in my bag and trying to steal them. They look great in the bag next to the k-sig putter. 

My son has the putter and really likes it too.  He put one of those huge Bryson grips on it but I liked the original grip better.

Edited by ltom