2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature Wedges

ltom

On 5/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bad9 said:

What design has Costco stolen? A blade style wedge? That is the most ubiquitous design in the world of golf and has been for a century. There appears to be no copyright infringement with their branding  so no theft there. They didn't actually produce the clubs or make the shafts or grips in their own factory. No other club company does either, just like Costco so no theft there. Vokey and Cleveland also take their designs to China to make it as cheaply as possible, its not like they have US factories anyway and haven't for going on 20yrs or more. Did they actually design the wedge, probably not but they undoubtedly paid a club someone (probably a real golf company) to do it so they didn't seal anything there. So again what has Costco stolen from anyone. 

100%....Ping must be super pissed as the PING Answer putter might be the most copied golf club in history. All these OEM's are rinsing and repeating and putting out clubs that are "safe" and touting them as new tech and increasing the price.  $600 bucks for a set of 3 custom CAST Vokey wedges...miss me with that b.s.!! VOKEY WEDGES ARE CAST!! Their profit margin on them is ridiculous I assure you.  

On 5/6/2021 at 9:57 PM, kthomas said:

My interpretation was very literal. I'm sure that poster didn't mean for it to be that literal. 

My wedges are Ping Glide 2.0 stealths, the branding is pretty subdued, and I love that. Black on black. 

Right, wrong or indifferent, I don't like the Kirkland branding and I think it cheapens the product. That's merely my perspective and opinion. 

The logo "cheapens" the product...but does the performance overshadow the logo?  How much of the logo do you  see when you are hitting the shot.  This is part of the problem in my opinion as the Kirkland wedge out performed the Vokey in testing and for 1/3 of the price yet the market will still flock to Vokey and pony up 3 times the price.  Kirkland is showing that a wedge shouldn't cost $180 -200 bucks and we ignore it because of the branding on the club.  Why are forged Vokeys available in Japan but not everywhere else?  It becasue they can get away with it in all the other markets but not in Japan.  

2 hours ago, Righty to Lefty said:

The logo "cheapens" the product...but does the performance overshadow the logo?  How much of the logo do you  see when you are hitting the shot.  This is part of the problem in my opinion as the Kirkland wedge out performed the Vokey in testing and for 1/3 of the price yet the market will still flock to Vokey and pony up 3 times the price.  Kirkland is showing that a wedge shouldn't cost $180 -200 bucks and we ignore it because of the branding on the club.  Why are forged Vokeys available in Japan but not everywhere else?  It becasue they can get away with it in all the other markets but not in Japan.  

Ive owned a couple vokeys and don't care for them. It's probably me but I can't hit em. Snapped a shaft last year after yet another misshit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Righty to Lefty said:

You don’t see the logo in the playing position.  I find a lot of wedges pretty ugly in the playing position.  I personally think these look really sharp down by the ball, they are the shape that I want to see.  But they do look a little ugly in the bag with the rather large K Sig markings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blues72 said:

You don’t see the logo in the playing position.  I find a lot of wedges pretty ugly in the playing position.  I personally think these look really sharp down by the ball, they are the shape that I want to see.  But they do look a little ugly in the bag with the rather large K Sig markings.

Maybe it's me but i think they're pretty good looking sitting next to my Kirkland Korn (popcorn). 😁

Edited by ltom
  • Haha 2

Has anyone noticed durability issues with these? 

I don't abuse my set by any stretch of the imagination but I've noticed some pretty hard dings and dents in them. Starting to see some face damage as well. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

8 hours ago, jdang307 said:

Wondering how to strip the paint fill out so the branding isn’t as obvious. 

If they just did a KS logo I’d be cool with that. But everyone hoarded toilet paper and paper towels last year. Just don’t want the same branding on my wedges haha - I do use the gloves and balls

Your post makes no sense. 

On 5/16/2021 at 8:40 AM, ASN21 said:

Your post makes no sense. 

He wants to remove the paint used to fill the lettering in an effort to make the branding less noticeable.  Makes perfect sense to me. 

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

1 hour ago, MattC555 said:

He wants to remove the paint used to fill the lettering in an effort to make the branding less noticeable.  Makes perfect sense to me. 

He said he doesn't want the branding on this wedges but he plays the golf ball and wears the glove with the logos on them. So the logo is even more visible to his playing partners, that is why I said his post doesn't make sense. 

I personally thought they were super clunky looking and feeling. I am not an elitist brandwise (I game Tommrly Armour wedges!!!) but the Kirklands just didn't do it for me. Glad Costco has a good return policy. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5, Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Cobra AeroJet 3w @ 16.5, Kai'li White 70S

Cobra King Utility Iron @ 19.5, Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X

Callaway Apex Pro 2021 5-GW, Project X IO 110g 6.0

Cobra Snakebite Black "Versatile" 52/8, 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125g

Ping Tyne 4 35"

I've been playing the 52 and 56 for a few months. They replaced a Cleveland CG15 and a Titleist raw Vokey.

The only minor gripe would be (for me) in very soft muddy conditions like we had here in January, I took a few fat slimy divots that I blamed on low bounce. Keep in mind, my Sunday skins group plays in winter conditions that keep most golfers on the couch.

Now that "the season" has officially begun and courses have returned to normal conditions, I have zero performance gripes about these wedges.

Combined, they are my my inside 100 yard attack wedges, the bite is incredible. I love to stick one and hold it up to my cartner and whisper "Kirkland". The 56 is money from the sand, and the 52 is my greenside chipping machine.

After one round, I did change out the grips as the Kirkland branded grips (which I saved) were too thin for my meathooks.

The older I get, the more I rely on my short game. Since every round I play has loot on the line, if these wedges didn't payoff, they would not stay in the bag.

After 30 or so rounds, I can safely say their gonna stick around for awhile.

As far as "what other people think" about the brands in my bag, I believe it was Shakespeare who penned: "less of a F#@* I could not give".

• Like 1

X________________________________ Sign Here

On 5/12/2021 at 2:09 PM, Righty to Lefty said:

100%....Ping must be super pissed as the PING Answer putter might be the most copied golf club in history. All these OEM's are rinsing and repeating and putting out clubs that are "safe" and touting them as new tech and increasing the price.  $600 bucks for a set of 3 custom CAST Vokey wedges...miss me with that b.s.!! VOKEY WEDGES ARE CAST!! Their profit margin on them is ridiculous I assure you.  

I am guessing cost price for a Vokey head is  $4 to $5

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:03 AM, chavycha said:

I personally thought they were super clunky looking and feeling. I am not an elitist brandwise (I game Tommrly Armour wedges!!!) but the Kirklands just didn't do it for me. Glad Costco has a good return policy. 

I like the Tommy Armour brand.  I just bought the #3 putter and driver.  I have like 10 putters (including an anser) and it's my fav.  The driver reminds me alot of my TM burner, which IMO is best driver ever.  I just keep buying used burners.

I was wondering and hearing good things about these wedges, txg finally convinced me.  Hit them last weekend and wow.   Spin is unreal and my degrees were acceptable equating in decent gapping.  These went immediately in my bag replacing some old vokeys.

I mean obviously we are all golf snobs here and I think fittings are extremely important but these wedges are Pikachu face good.  Ill let you know in a few years how age.

But if you are worried they also have the Kirkland satisfaction guarantee so nothing really to lose. 

Edited by gken

My buddy got a set and I hit a few shots with them. Have to say I was impressed with head shape, feel and performance. My only two complaints would be that the chrome is shiny and reflects a lot of light but I know they used a chrome finish so the wedges would hold up longer and the grip looked (and smelled) like a cheaper version of a Tour Velvet but that's an easy and inexpensive upgrade to put a real Tour Velvet on all three.

For any average golfer who doesn't want to mess around with thinking about different bounce and grind options, how could you not go with these?  Killer price point and a quality product.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comments on this thread. Sounds like they perform, and really that’s all that should matter right?

I was considering buying a new 52* wedge, but when I started watching the reviews on the Kirkland Signature, and saw that the price for 3 is less than the price of a single wedge, I figured why not give them a shot.

I’ve got RTX Zipcore’s in 50-54-58, but I’ve had major issues getting along with the 50* which was custom ordered through Cleveland. I’ve also found that they spin too much and launch too high for me, so I’ve lost a lot of yardage vs my previous wedges. We’ll see how the testing goes with the Kirkland Signature’s, time will tell. Incredible value though, and I personally like the look of them and the potential of pissing people off by playing Costco wedges! 😉

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

28 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

and the potential of pissing people off by playing Costco wedges! 😉

Makes it worth the price of admission

• Haha 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

44 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Makes it worth the price of admission

Haha...yeah for sure! It ended up being a quick test for me unfortunately. The Kirkland wedges felt way too light for me, not sure if it’s the shaft weight or head weight. So they’ll be going back tomorrow.

Great value for the money though, and great looking quality clubs for that price point!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 5/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, jdang307 said:

Wondering how to strip the paint fill out so the branding isn’t as obvious. 

If they just did a KS logo I’d be cool with that. But everyone hoarded toilet paper and paper towels last year. Just don’t want the same branding on my wedges haha - I do use the gloves and balls

On 6/11/2021 at 4:30 PM, BallerNate said:

Haha...yeah for sure! It ended up being a quick test for me unfortunately. The Kirkland wedges felt way too light for me, not sure if it’s the shaft weight or head weight. So they’ll be going back tomorrow.

Great value for the money though, and great looking quality clubs for that price point!

Both can be solved with some lead tape.  Covers up the logo and adds weight.

The grip was terrible for me and the first thing to go.  They do bend easily enough.  I had the 52 and the 56 both bent to 54 to give me 54's with two different bounce options.

I've been playing them all year.  I am a bigger guy and I spent a few bucks to have the lie angle bent up and added extensions and new mid-size grips.  My only complaint is the glare off the face when addressing the ball under certain conditions.  It took me a minute to get used to hitting balls out of the bunkers because of the difference in bounce from my old set, but now I have no real fear of the sand.  As far as branding, nobody has ever said anything about them being in my bag.  I would recommend them to anybody.

• Thanks 1