Title update. Tiger: From crutches to golf swings

Golfrnut

53 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

haha, how do you know? You know all the details with Dak's injuries?

Look, they are very different is all I am saying. Listen to what @ALIF said about them:

He sustained he sustained a segmental tibia shaft fracture with extension into his ankle joints of technically it was Pilon fracture and also fractured his talus. This is much, much more serious than a simple tib/fib fracture.

He also had open fractures (i.e. compound) in each leg. But the real issue is the shattering of the talus and the pilon, which is what lets the ankle move, like a U-joint. They were in hundreds of tiny pieces from all reports. Dak had nothing like that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Look, they are very different is all I am saying. Listen to what @ALIF said about them:

He sustained he sustained a segmental tibia shaft fracture with extension into his ankle joints of technically it was Pilon fracture and also fractured his talus. This is much, much more serious than a simple tib/fib fracture.

He also had open fractures (i.e. compound) in each leg. But the real issue is the shattering of the talus and the pilon, which is what lets the ankle move, like a U-joint. They were in hundreds of tiny pieces from all reports. Dak had nothing like that.

Dak is also 28.  Huge difference in how the body heals between a 20 something and a 40 something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

“Dak Prescott suffered a compound right ankle fracture Sunday night, ending his season for the Cowboys“

this guy is back out there playing high level Football after a year and they are saying he is better than pre injury.  Not golf. Tigers biggest issue is still his back for a golf swing.

C0C13B03-CDC9-4A59-B000-7EA60C4B4CD4.webp.5160048b56eee148bec1bbbcdb188590.webp

Irrelevant to Tiger's situation.  Pretty obvious reasons.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 5:05 PM, ALIF said:

It wasn't a simple tib/fib fracture. He sustained he sustained a segmental tibia shaft fracture with extension into his ankle joints of technically it was Pilon fracture and also fractured his talus. This is much, much more serious than a simple tib/fib fracture.

It's still max 1 year for full recovery and back to normal, so he should be back next season no problem.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

That’s pretty much the standard job description, isn’t it? 

; )

I know an ex co-worker that ended up in LA first as a personal chef then a chauffeur for a high profile celebrity.  Pretty much what he did.  

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

2 hours ago, ALIF said:

Listen to what others more knowledgeable than you are saying.

I read all about Tigers injuries when it happened, I read what Dr’s and surgeons have said given the limited knowledge of what is actually going on with his ankle. I know it’s serious but I also know the right leg isn’t the most important in the golf swing. We are also talking about someone who has all the money and time in the world for rehab and recovery. He also takes care of his body and isn’t the 40 year old obese couch potato that your use to working on. My money is on him playing again, no doubt. 

I brought up Dak because he recently had a compound ankle fracture and is back to playing better than before, granted they aren’t exactly the same injuries I think it’s great he overcame that injury 

5 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

I read all about Tigers injuries when it happened, I read what Dr’s and surgeons have said given the limited knowledge of what is actually going on with his ankle. I know it’s serious but I also know the right leg isn’t the most important in the golf swing. We are also talking about someone who has all the money and time in the world for rehab and recovery. He also takes care of his body and isn’t the 40 year old obese couch potato that your use to working on. My money is on him playing again, no doubt. 

I brought up Dak because he recently had a compound ankle fracture and is back to playing better than before, granted they aren’t exactly the same injuries I think it’s great he overcame that injury 

I appreciate your hopefulness, but there are a couple issues.

1.  An actual Surgeon on this very thread has commented on Tiger's specific injuries and the difficulties they carry.  It's not a simple one year and I'm good to go.  Not at all.  It is a nasty road ahead.

2.  Tiger's body is seriously broken.  Not just a bit.  Hell, even back in 2011 he was in really rough shape.  He does not have a body that has been well taken care of, regardless of good intentions.  Is he in good muscular shape?  Sure.  The amount of surgeries he has had over the years is astounding though.  Ever see a retired football player move around?  Retired grunt?  They are destroyed, and Tiger has had more surgeries than most retired athletes and pretty much all Soldiers/Marines.  

I'm as big a fan of Tiger as anyone out there.  Man-crush or whatever, I know that he doesn't walk back to the tee after a simple year of recovery.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SPIF said:

I appreciate your hopefulness, but there are a couple issues.

1.  An actual Surgeon on this very thread has commented on Tiger's specific injuries and the difficulties they carry.  It's not a simple one year and I'm good to go.  Not at all.  It is a nasty road ahead.

2.  Tiger's body is seriously broken.  Not just a bit.  Hell, even back in 2011 he was in really rough shape.  He does not have a body that has been well taken care of, regardless of good intentions.  Is he in good muscular shape?  Sure.  The amount of surgeries he has had over the years is astounding though.  Ever see a retired football player move around?  Retired grunt?  They are destroyed, and Tiger has had more surgeries than most retired athletes and pretty much all Soldiers/Marines.  

I'm as big a fan of Tiger as anyone out there.  Man-crush or whatever, I know that he doesn't walk back to the tee after a simple year of recovery.  

Never said it would be simple at all, I said I expect Tiger to play the masters next year and if not the masters sometime next year. There have been many surgeons and Dr’s give their predictions given what they know (keep in mind, none have all the injury details, they haven’t seen the X-rays) and some say he will play competitive again , some say he won’t. I have no idea who ALIF in real life is in this thread but I don’t disagree with anything he has said. Now if he says Tiger won’t play on tour next year then I disagree with that. 

Edited by Redjeep83

17 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Also, have to bring this up on your last two sentences. First of all “there were hundreds  of tiny pieces from all the reports”  this was all rumors, nothing factual. It started from someone knew a guy who knew a guy that saw his X-ray at the hospital sort of deal. Makes a good story though and hasn’t really been mentioned since as a reliable source. 

When Tiger himself says he won’t play on tour again then I will believe it. Right now he is saying the opposite and so are all tour players who are actually visiting him and talking with him including the Ryder cup captain

Edited by Redjeep83

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

What do you expect them to say? JT: "He has NO CHANCE of ever playing again . . . Tiger who?" LOL.

?

I mean I don't expect them to say its going good and everything is going in the right direction if it's not. Pretty much all the players who have gone and visited him have said the same thing.

That wasn't the case at the 2017 Masters dinner when he was telling players he was done because of his back and that was in the reports from the players

Edited by Redjeep83

50 minutes ago, johnseg said:

Is there an actual confirmed list of injuries as a result of the crash? I have seen a ton of speculation as to the extent of the injuries, but nothing from his team or doctors beyond the leg fracture.

Just the Tiger Woods public releases of what surgery he received back in Feb. Dr.'s can't really openly tell the public what injuries a patient has. There was a report of a drunk uncle who knew someone that knew someone who that saw his x rays through a window at the hospital and his ankle bones were in hundreds of tiny pieces that people are using as facts in this thread.

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/1364447580520738820/photo/1

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/1365467734637768710/photo/1

Edited by Redjeep83

I find it hilarious that the person who is criticizing other posters for their opinions on the possibilities of a comeback by Woods because they haven't seen the radiology or the doctor's reports, is offering his own opinions on a comeback by Woods without the benefit of that same information.

Only on Golfwrx... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

I find it hilarious that the person who is criticizing other posters for their opinions on the possibilities of a comeback by Woods because they haven't seen the radiology or the doctor's reports, is offering his own opinions on a comeback by Woods without the benefit of that same information.

Only on Golfwrx... 🙄

No, I originally said I think Tiger is going to try making a comeback like Hogan. I also said I think he will play next year.

You are the one saying his anke bones are in 100's of pieces like it was fact. That isn't an opinion. I just put the facts out there of what has actually been released to the public and statements from players who actually talk to him and visit.

6 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Do comments from an actual surgeon bring more to a speculative conversation than a guy that works in a foundry?    

If the speculation is regarding a situation similar to one the surgeon has first hand experience with, and not about the possible outcome of a risky metal casting procedure… I’m going with yes! 😆 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

If the speculation is regarding a situation similar to one the surgeon has first hand experience with, and not about the possible outcome of a risky metal casting procedure… I’m going with yes! 😆 

Doctors speculate all the time.  It's called confirmation bias ("seen one ankle injury, seen them all").

I think you're grossly underestimating the value a smelter worker adds to a conversation.  Those people face the fire every single day. 

You can't speculate the run of molten steel.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Ferguson said:

Doctors speculate all the time.  It's called confirmation bias ("seen one ankle injury, seen them all").

I think you're grossly underestimating the value a smelter worker adds to a conversation. Those people face the fire every single day.

You can't speculate the run of molten steel.  

Literally! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

No, I originally said I think Tiger is going to try making a comeback like Hogan. I also said I think he will play next year.

You are the one saying his anke bones are in 100's of pieces like it was fact. That isn't an opinion. I just put the facts out there of what has actually been released to the public and statements from players who actually talk to him and visit.

Look up Comminuted open fracture. It was referenced in the report that you posted from his doctor. 

19 hours ago, oikos1 said:

Dak is also 28.  Huge difference in how the body heals between a 20 something and a 40 something.

Dak also has normal legs. Tiger had the legs of a flamingo.

• Haha 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

42 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

yea, knew about that, thanks

Thats enough for ortho doctors, as a few here on WRX have done, to provide better medical insight into his condition and the recovery challenges he faces. 

I doubt it's anything like Dak Prescott.

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5

40 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Thats enough for ortho doctors, as a few here on WRX have done, to provide better medical insight into his condition and the recovery challenges he faces. 

I doubt it's anything like Dak Prescott.

Tigers does seem to be a bit worse but Dak had compound open fracture and dislocation as the Talus and Tibia so no longer joined at the ankle so it wasn't a walk in the park. He was walking on his own faster than Tiger though. 

Have to keep in mind what Dak needs to do with his right ankle for his sport is miles apart from what Tiger needs in his golf swing. Like not even on the same planet in regard to athleticism and mobility. 

I sincerely hope Tiger returns to winning form.  But in a long life I have hoped for many things.  If he periodically showed his face, even on zoom interviews, I'd be more confident that he was rehabbing well.  The prolonged radio silence inevitably leads to speculation, and we are evidence of that, but that is the expected effect of his absence.  Will be interesting to see if he makes an appearance at the Hero Challenge.  If not, I will probably say it was a great career, happy to have seen it, and with his multiple USGA Amateur and Junior Am wins, personally I think he has already passed Jack.

6 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

I didn’t just make that up. It was in one or more of the hundreds of posts in the original thread on his accident, before Tiger’s camp imposed radio silence. Of course in that same thread we had fans of his posting he’d be back Real Soon Now.  

• Golfrnut changed the title to Title update. Tiger: From crutches to golf swings