2021 HSBC Women's World Championship (Apr 29 - May 02)

Argonne69

19 minutes ago, Phireside said:

@Argonne69 or anyone else who may know. What was the COVID protocol for the players, officials, etc. arriving?

Singapore has very tight quarantine requirements. 2 weeks at a govt appointed hotel which is not known until you arrive and you cannot leave your room.

Obviously they have some arrangement to bypass this but did they have to do any quarantine?

No quarantine but can't go anywhere except hotel and Sentosa golf course... No sightseeing whatsoever... Saw the local news today and JYK interviewed along with Gaby Lopez(? - certainly looked like her - they didn't put the players' names when they were interviewed by the SG local media lol)

SG is trying to jumpstart it's economy by trying to use this event as the first intl sports event after pandemic struck (and attract future sporting events). They trust the "bubble" that LPGA has instituted for its players and officials, hence the "inside bubble" with no quarantine but only hotel + golf course for the inside bubble people...

Outside bubble incl press/media where they are literally outside the ropes and need to mask and social distance to be able to interview players...

PS refer to my post earlier on spectators and suites... Around 5 posts earlier in previous page... Sorry to bombard lol. Got excited reminiscing my days in SG for over 2 decades 😂

Edited by HMHS
Added outside bubble inside bubble, reason for SG no quarantine etc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

No quarantine but can't go anywhere except hotel and Sentosa golf course... No sightseeing whatsoever... Saw the local news today and JYK interviewed along with Gaby Lopez(? - certainly looked like her - they didn't put the players' names when they were interviewed by the SG local media lol)

SG is trying to jumpstart it's economy by trying to use this event as the first intl sports event after pandemic struck (and attract future sporting events). They trust the "bubble" that LPGA has instituted for its players and officials, hence the "inside bubble" with no quarantine but only hotel + golf course for the inside bubble people...

Outside bubble incl press/media where they are literally outside the ropes and need to mask and social distance to be able to interview players...

Yes, your quite right @Supermilo 

In many of the player interviews it was referenced by them as to how they are coping with being "locked up" between hotel and golf course.  Several others have mentioned on Social Media that they are happy to be back in Singapore but unfortunately cannot partake in visiting sites, etc.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

There's "spectators" allowed, in suites of 8... Where they are booked for the day (think of those upper box privileged seats for NBA games). Dunno how they did it for golf but there's apparently 250 or so spectators (I doubt it's 250 suites, but with SG, never say never... SG is SimCity future in the present 😂)...

“+1”. “Spectators” not allowed to walk the course outside the ropes at the HSBC in Singapore this week ...can only watch from the hospitality suites at 18th green.

Pre-event COVID testing 💉 (PCR?) = A pre-requisite for being allowed entry for spectators. 

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

The first groups are out on the course. Xiyu Lin has grabbed the early lead at -4 after 7 holes. Jodi and Georgia are one shot back after 8 holes apiece. Scoring looks possible.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Am I blind? Ignore my mediacorp channel 5 930PM ET telecast... GC is showing it live now at 930pm ET... (For some strange reason I thought 1030pm start, I guess not - good thing I was watching college golf central before that)... Did they change the schedule from 1030pm start to 930pm in the last 24-36 hrs? I swear I saw 1030pm-230am initially on LPGA website😀

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Am I blind? Ignore my mediacorp channel 5 930PM ET telecast... GC is showing it live now at 930pm ET... (For some strange reason I thought 1030pm start, I guess not - good thing I was watching college golf central before that)... Did they change the schedule from 1030pm start to 930pm in the last 24-36 hrs? I swear I saw 1030pm-230am initially on LPGA website😀

No, it's on now. I guess with the early tee times they decided to start the coverage early.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Nice to have the Australian crew in the booth. The new announcer Su sounds like So Yeon. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

No, it's on now. I guess with the early tee times they decided to start the coverage early.

I finally figured it out -- golf channel's tv sked screwed me up, it stated 1030pm. Thankfully I stayed on from watching college golf central at 800pm-900pm till PGA tour recap from 9-930pm and it popped up at 930pm as I was just "wasting time". For once, non channel surfing aided me lol. It helped that I am not interested in NBA now, waiting for the playoffs... Lol.

16 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Nice to have the Australian crew in the booth. The new announcer Su sounds like So Yeon. Lol. 

I've always loved that crew even if they're bland relative to our usual GC crew. These same guys cover all asian based tournaments since I can't remember when (including the APAC men's and women's amateur)... I still prefer Grant, Tom, Judy, Jerry, Karen etc... But these guys ain't bad (certainly better than, uhhh, Paige. But Paige is still ok, she just needs to giggle less 😂)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

@Argonne69: the announcer Su-Ann Heng Kasem = an ex-pro golfer & isn’t new to us in Asia ( a familiar face & voice on Fox Sports Asia Golf broadcasts)... and wife to 🗣🎧Radio DJ Mike Kasem / new mom (👶🏻kid = “Casey Kasem” ... name might be familiar to those of a certain age!)

http://www.golfbabes.club/2016/03/su-ann-heng.html#.YIof5i9GShA

https://www.todayonline.com/8days/sceneandheard/celebrities/gold-905-dj-mike-kasem-his-wifes-pregnancy-i-thought-i-was-never

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Argonne69: the announcer Su-Ann Heng Kasem = an ex-pro golfer & isn’t new to us in Asia ( a familiar face & voice on Fox Sports Asia Golf broadcasts)... and wife to 🗣🎧Radio DJ Mike Kasem / new mom (👶🏻kid = “Casey Kasem” ... name might be familiar to those of a certain age!)

http://www.golfbabes.club/2016/03/su-ann-heng.html#.YIof5i9GShA

https://www.todayonline.com/8days/sceneandheard/celebrities/gold-905-dj-mike-kasem-his-wifes-pregnancy-i-thought-i-was-never

Ah yes, those reverse days where I was awake watching US telecasts on Fox sports Asia... Fox 2 in particular lol... Now it's reversed! Why am I always on the wrong side lol... J/K... More coffee in the pot needed now... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supermilo said:

Can we just end this tournament now? My bets on our contest are in the leaderboard at T4 - SYRyu and SU Oh!!! Plus it's getting late now so we might as well call it a day 😂... And JYK isn't even "hot" yet even if her shirt is starting to get drenched with still over 10 holes to play 😂...

I was gonna post, tonight we give @Supermilo points for where ever your players finish the round 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stooch said:

I was gonna post, tonight we give @Supermilo points for where ever your players finish the round 😂

But of course just as I type, So Yeon drops a shot and JYK is in the bunker trying to remove a sprout!!! Bring in the Singapore NS (national service) reservists to clean that up!!! J/K...

At least su oh is still hanging in there at -3 in the front page!!! Woohoo... Pumped for another 3 more hours till 230am ET!! 😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Back to back 3-putts, was nice of Brooke to give Sung Hyun Park her putter this week. lol

In fairness SHP has been struggling so much this year that it seems "par for the course"... Am just waiting for the Su Oh shoe to drop before I dozed off 😂... She did a double early on, but woke me up with successive birdies thereafter lol. 

Edited by HMHS
Typos... Too much coffee and a small phone and late coverage = edits!!!
  • Like 1

Was I the only one that didn't know Inbee lived in the States?  Las Vegas?  Who knew!

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

35 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Yup she's in Vegas, SYK in Dallas I think, So Yeon in TX too I think... Lots out in the midwest amongst Koreans... Some "rookies" in California eg San Diego... Eg Matilda/Bianca etc

Has anyone seen SoYeon on TV today?
Quietly 5-under today, but i haven't spotted SYR on TV once?
https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hsbc-womens-world-championship/leaderboard

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Supermilo said:

Yup she's in Vegas, SYK in Dallas I think, So Yeon in TX too I think... Lots out in the midwest amongst Koreans... Some "rookies" in California eg San Diego... Eg Matilda/Bianca etc

Don't forget Mi Hyang in South Carolina. Didn't MJ buy a place in Texas? Jin Young recently bought a place there, too.

• Like 2

Yeah, always a thrill to see Hee Young on the leaderboard. One of my favorites. Her win in early 2020 was rather unexpected after returning to Q Series.

Jenny Shin with a poor round. Me thinks her injury is a little worse than she's letting on about.

I wouldn't give the trophy to Inbee just yet. For starters, her putter has been a little wonky at times lately. 

More importantly, I picked her to win. That's a curse if I've ever seen one. Lol.

I was able to catch an hour of coverage last night before heading to bed. I have an early tee time this morning, so I won't be able to finish the first round until this afternoon. This is going to be a tough one to follow over the next few days.

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Yeah, always a thrill to see Hee Young on the leaderboard. One of my favorites. Her win in early 2019 was rather unexpected after returning to Q Series.

Jenny Shin with a poor round. Me thinks her injury is a little worse than she's letting on about.

I wouldn't give the trophy to Inbee just yet. For starters, her putter has been a little wonky at times lately. 

More importantly, I picked her to win. That's a curse if I've ever seen one. Lol.

I was able to catch an hour of coverage last night before heading to bed. I have an early tee time this morning, so I won't be able to finish the first round until this afternoon. This is going to be a tough one to follow over the next few days.

• Like 1

That hole position on the 2nd was quite generous given the backstop. The back right is a tougher nut to crack.