2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

@Boston_Patriot  - Will try the 2.4GHz band.

@Topher925 - I don't have good coverage.  Its setup in my garage, will go pickup a coverage extender today and see if it helps.  Appreciate the tips.

@Frank_Dux- thank you.  Will try these steps too.  This forum has been amazing with help.  @radiman -  helped me with when I was researching the gaming computer.  These are my specs:

GIGABYTE - 15.6 IPS Level 240Hz Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7-11800H - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 1TB SSD

This forum has been amazing with help, appreciate it guys.

Adam

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AdamHermsdorfer said:

@whumber, I upgraded to 1.1.8.8 yesterday.  No luck unfortunately.

Your specs sound great. How far is your garage to your router? Have you gone to your garage and used Speedtest.net to test how fast your internet connection is?

I would pick up a cheap Cat 5/6 Ethernet cable and run it to your garage to ensure it’s not the Wi_Fi connection. This would be temporary just to test the connection. 

Connect the BLP to your router for a much faster connection that won’t be signal dependent. You can get 100-200 feet if need be for cheap for $15 on Amazon

Then you can do a speed test with the hard wired connection to compare the signal. 

Just all process of elimination. 

Edited by Frank_Dux
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Sorry if this is a NOOB question, but if I have a unit, and my friend has a unit...can we play a course Online against each other real time?

I know how to play in the simulator, but figured it could be fun to play against a friend real time somewhere across the country. 

Haven’t tried it either but here is the support page…https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055622234-Netplay-Setup-For-Original-FSX-FSX-2018-FSX-2020-

looks like a bit of work.  

On 11/22/2021 at 4:29 PM, Luke.Sutton said:

Anyone else have issues launching FSX 2020? I just bought this computer https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gigabyte-15-6-fhd-ips-144hz-gaming-laptop-i5-11400h-16gb-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-512-gb-ssd/6470648.p?skuId=6470648

I have the software downloaded but when I click the desktop icon, the software launches to the FSX 2020 screen. Screen stays on for 2-3 seconds and then closes. Any thoughts? Uninstalled multiple times but nothing.

I have the exact same issue.  Have played around with the trouble shooting on the PC with no luck.  It says that the program in "incompatible".  Bought a brand new PC, i7, Nvidia RTX3050Ti, Windows 10, 16gb.  I think I purchased a PC with the correct specs.  Any suggestions on how to get it to work?  Was supposed to have a call with Foresight this morning but they did not call!!!

2 hours ago, Sgolfer13 said:

I have the exact same issue.  Have played around with the trouble shooting on the PC with no luck.  It says that the program in "incompatible".  Bought a brand new PC, i7, Nvidia RTX3050Ti, Windows 10, 16gb.  I think I purchased a PC with the correct specs.  Any suggestions on how to get it to work?  Was supposed to have a call with Foresight this morning but they did not call!!!

Sounds like you need to change Nvidia settings, make sure PC is set to default run your graphics card, not internal card.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, tigerwars99 said:

Initial thoughts on this (Launch Pro version) are mixed. I also have a Mevo and a Mevo+ and I will post a video with readings from all 3 if there is interest.

I have generally been quite happy with the Mevos. I only got this to retrofit another room in my house to a hitting area and I don't have enough depth for a radar unit.

Pros:

• Extremely well made. The device has a great weight to it and the build quality is excellent.
  • Extremely quick readings. Shots read almost instantaneously and obviously have the numbers that I expect.

Cons / Opportunities for Improvement:

• The resolution on the screen isn't has sharp as I was expecting. It's fine, but seems like they could have gotten a better screen in these.
  • I had challenges with initial registration. My main wifi network has some configuration that was preventing the device from communicating with foresight's servers. I was able to get around this by connecting the device to a hotspot on my phone for the initial registration. Subsequent connections to my wifi network do allow me to connect to the device from FSX Subscription and FSX Pro.
  • The software for this (more on the FSX Subscription side) is extremely quirky. I am using a high-ish end gaming laptop for this (geforce 3060, i7, 16gb ram) but found that FSX Subscription would immediate crash when opening it (would pop up a splash screen for 5 seconds and just close). FSX Pro opened just fine. Further investigation of the logs showed that the software was trying to use my Iris display adapter instead of my 3060. Disabling the Iris through device manager allowed FSX Sub to open successfully, but I also had to set the display adapter in the FSX Sub settings to get the software to work without lag.
  • The download page for software being hosted on hightail.com is really sketchy. Also the instructions requiring you to circumvent Window's protections is really unacceptable for a company the size of Vista Outdoors.
  • The subscription verification seems like it is pretty buggy. I had multiple times when trying to use FSX Sub that it would tell me that I didn't have a sub or that my sub was expired that required me to restart my session. It also only shows me having 1 day left on my gold (purchased in full yesterday).
  • Yardages vary between what is shown on the unit and what is shown as carry distance in FSX Sub. I assume the device is compensating for elevation/temp/barometric pressure or something, but it would be nice to understand more around why it does this

Overall the hardware is excellent. Once they get the software in a good state or open it up to other vendors, seems like a good value for the money (both the GC3 or the LP depending on what you are looking to spend).

If anyone from Bushnell sees this and wants to talk more about my experience, feel free to send me a DM. I am in the software industry and am comfortable reading logs and/or messing with various network and o/s settings.

Also if anyone wants to see a video comparing Mevo, Mevo+, and LP/GC3, let me know and I am happy to toss one together. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see in that.

I have been pretty happy with my Mevo+ from a numbers perspective both indoors and out. It seems to be pretty accurate to my on course yardages. In the past, I have had access to a gc2 and really liked the software/range but price kept me away from purchasing one. That said, I’m not a fan of the Mevo+ software so, the BLP has my interest.  I wouldn’t mind seeing some side by side comparisons.  Thanks in advance!

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I have been pretty happy with my Mevo+ from a numbers perspective both indoors and out. It seems to be pretty accurate to my on course yardages. In the past, I have had access to a gc2 and really liked the software/range but price kept me away from purchasing one. That said, I’m not a fan of the Mevo+ software so, the BLP has my interest.  I wouldn’t mind seeing some side by side comparisons.  Thanks in advance!

Have both M+ and BLP. Not only is the M+ numbers sometimes questionable, it hard to pick up shots consistent and battery life is terrible. 

IMO not in the same conversation. M+ more like the same convo as the Skytrak 

26 minutes ago, whumber said:

Some rumbling of an early preview version end of January with the full release Q4 2022.

I've seen rumors of Q1 2022 after the pga show. 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees)[TENSEI Av Raw White] 

Fairway woods: Titleist TSi2 (15.75 degrees), Titleist TS3 (19.5 degrees)[Diamana D+ Limited]

Irons: Taylormade p770 (4)[DG TI X100], Mizuno JPX 900 Tour (5-9)[Project X LZ 6.5]

Wedges: Vokey SM8 (47-11F, 51-13F, 55-15F, 59-7LK)[DG TI S400]

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

2 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Have both M+ and BLP. Not only is the M+ numbers sometimes questionable, it hard to pick up shots consistent and battery life is terrible. 

I agree with Frank. 

the Mevo+ is a really solid device with great customer support. I had 10 feet of ball flight with RCT balls and was still getting questionable numbers. My spin was too low on irons and too high on driver. 

the BLP is much more accurate relative to my on course experience. The only issue I have is driver reads but I think it’s my white tee that is causing this. 

26 minutes ago, Balboa said:

Also Merry Christmas everyone. This has been an awesome thread 

Merry Christmas 🎄 i haven’t had luck using the iPad yet. Only issues with BLP is connectivity. I admit holidays have been busy so haven’t put much time into troubleshooting.

I’m still on the gold trial. I downloaded Spyglass and Pebble. When I go to FSX 2020 and click Play, it says Spyglass and Pebble not purchased. 

Just using the range right now. Anyone else on Gold trial having issues playing courses? 

5 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks, but I’ve found the m+ Indoors (with RCT ball with 20ft of space) and plugged in to be pretty accurate in my environment.  Outdoors pretty good as well, but I agree the battery life is horrible. Having to carry around extra power packs is a pain as well as ensuring to have enough space behind you at an outdoor range can be a pain.  That said, I like the idea of being able to place the device in front of me along with the better battery life and on-screen display is a plus.  I eventually would like to have a fully unlocked version for the club data but will need to do so in increments if I decided to pull the trigger on a BLP. Also, want to see how the m+ pro package pans out.  We shall see how all this shakes out.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

6 hours ago, Balboa said:

I tried to use FSX play on iPad and when I tried to connect to my device on the same network, it says that my gold subscription is being used on another device. Please log out. 

Is that happening to others? Also how do I connect directly to the BLP over wifi? Is that over wifi or Bluetooth. 

I believe it’s over your home WiFi but I haven’t gotten my iPad to work with it yet. Will try tomorrow and report back. 

You should be able to connect direct but I will try it tomorrow. I assume direct is on the right.

This is what happens when I try to connect with my iPad to FSX Pro

309B6248-4F7D-495B-9250-EE8D087B46C3.jpeg

8D36D951-1F37-45A7-AED5-33ED0C04DB53.jpeg

8 hours ago, Balboa said:

I tried to use FSX play on iPad and when I tried to connect to my device on the same network, it says that my gold subscription is being used on another device. Please log out. 

Is that happening to others? Also how do I connect directly to the BLP over wifi? Is that over wifi or Bluetooth. 

*********I had a same issue with GC3 when I received it yesterday.   So here is how you do and I am using FSX Pro app.

1) You gotta go and login first in your app.

Go to "player" on the menu and add/create PLAYERS (your registered name), then it will ask your password.  Type in correctly - click next/or done.. (forgot), there will be FSX logo showing next your name if successful.

2) then, go back to the device and choose GC3/LP.  DONE!

*********I see many of you have a problem connecting iPad or iPhone to GC3 (or LP).  Follow the step below. 

NOTE: you do not need an internet connect for GC3 or LP device.   BUT You do need an internet connection for your iPad or phone.  You can use iPhone's internet for your iPad.  Again, i am using FSX PRO app. I have that app on my iPad and iPhone.  Both worked!

1) download FSX Pro to your device and register. 

2) Connect your ipad to internet using your iphone via WIFI.  Once you have that, Open FSX pro app and login (see above how to do it).  

3) *important step* GO BACK to your iPad setting and find your LP or GC3 device via WIFI  (not bluetooth).   Then, click.  It will ask the password.  If ask, FSSPORTS (all cap for gc3.  I am not sure for LP)

4)Then, GO BACK to FSX Pro APP (already logged in).  Then click on device from the menu and click on GC3 or LP.   And you are done.  

Everything  sounds like very complicate but once you get use to it, it will take less than 1 min to connect your device to your iPad/phone. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

I've had a M+ for about a year and I've loved it, for the price I think it's a great product.  It's been very useful for dialling in my yardages, and with the new RCT balls the total spin readings have gotten much better.

All that being said, it really struggles to measure spin axis indoors. Even in my setup with 18 feet of ball flight. I got my GC3 a couple weeks ago and could tell right away how much more accurate the GC3 was. I had them both running and hit a few irons and on the GC3, some were my typical bad miss where I hit a big draw and end up 15 yards left of target. But on the M+ I was almost dead straight and right on the pin.  On the M+ I am a total stud with my irons, hit everything to 10 feet. But in real life and on the GC3 it is a weak part of my game because I struggle to control shot shape, but the M+ just can't give me that feedback.

So overall I have to agree, the M+ really isn't in the same conversation as the GC3. However, its at a different price point and is still a useful tool and fun for simulation imo, as long as you understand its shortcomings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmelv41 said:

I've had a M+ for about a year and I've loved it, for the price I think it's a great product.  It's been very useful for dialling in my yardages, and with the new RCT balls the total spin readings have gotten much better.

All that being said, it really struggles to measure spin axis indoors. Even in my setup with 18 feet of ball flight. I got my GC3 a couple weeks ago and could tell right away how much more accurate the GC3 was. I had them both running and hit a few irons and on the GC3, some were my typical bad miss where I hit a big draw and end up 15 yards left of target. But on the M+ I was almost dead straight and right on the pin.  On the M+ I am a total stud with my irons, hit everything to 10 feet. But in real life and on the GC3 it is a weak part of my game because I struggle to control shot shape, but the M+ just can't give me that feedback.

So overall I have to agree, the M+ really isn't in the same conversation as the GC3. However, its at a different price point and is still a useful tool and fun for simulation imo, as long as you understand its shortcomings.

Right. I think the M+ is more like a Skytrak upgrade. Good for that price point

• Like 1

@dlow206 - the launch monitor itself will not give you any issues indoors or out.  Regarding setting it up to FSX, I would check your wifi signal strength in the area of your new setup.   

I bought a Netgear wifi extender and had my first extended FSX range session (45 minutes of pushing the ball right.)   I connected the BLP and my computer to the new network.  Oddly, I still couldn't connect the BLP and my computer via wifi or network; however, the USB cable did work this time.  I'm going to keep working on the wifi connection.

@Sgolfer13 - I have had fits with that issue and believe its related to not being connected to your wifi network.  Whenever I'm connected properly, the FSX app will finish loading, and then I can select the device connection.

• Like 1