Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

2 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

That is the detailed analysis, for simulator use both the gc2 and quad capture ball speed and launch direction for basic putting, no reason to think the GC3 would not. That also clearly says nothing about short chips, so not sure why you decided to add that in.

Happy to be proven wrong.  Can't remember if I've read it somewhere or if it simply hasn't been discussed in general.  Either way, I'm just bringing it to the table for current users to analyze and share their thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Rory4Pres said:

Happy to be proven wrong.  Can't remember if I've read it somewhere or if it simply hasn't been discussed in general.  Either way, I'm just bringing it to the table for current users to analyze and share their thoughts. 

You are wrong and simply misinterpreted what MGS meant by putting analysis (and threw in the chipping part on your own). The GC2 was the indoor sim gold standard for a long while, largely because of its ability to read putts and chips. There is zero reason to think the GC3 won't be just as capable given its the updated/upgraded version, especially since that space actually has competition now

1 minute ago, herdtlocker said:

MGS likely took what was directly on Foresights page about putting analysis:

image.png.0db2618c969c9efc9dcb130d4c8b6ef2.png

My guess is will be just like the GC2.  Can it track putts for simulation? Sure.  Can it do Quad metrics like face, AoA, loft, etc.  I wouldn't expect so.  That's a key selling point of the Quad.  

I understand it "can do it" but my main question is can it do it accurately.  If it's not accurate, most people won't use it.

3 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

image.png.0db2618c969c9efc9dcb130d4c8b6ef2.png

My guess is will be just like the GC2.  Can it track putts for simulation? Sure.  Can it do Quad metrics like face, AoA, loft, etc.  I wouldn't expect so.  That's a key selling point of the Quad.  

I’m sure the new GC3 owners will be able to verify this but you should be able to have most of this info via horizontal(face angle) and vertical(loft) launch angle. And GC3 with one dot on the putter should provide AoA.  There’s a ton of videos that show putting on gc2 and quad run simulators and it looks like it works really well. It’s just reading ball data like any other shot…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I’m sure the new GC3 owners will be able to verify this but you should be able to have most of this info via horizontal(face angle) and vertical(loft) launch angle. And GC3 with one dot on the putter should provide AoA.  There’s a ton of videos that show putting on gc2 and quad run simulators and it looks like it works really well. It’s just reading ball data like any other shot…

Right!

The launch monitor doesn't care or know what you hit the ball with. Whether you hit the ball with a 7 iron or you hit the ball with the putter, if a shot is triggered the GC2/GcQuad and GC3 will apply it's world class "photometric thingy" and apply it's algorithms to simulate what the ball has would have done in real life and will continue doing so as best in class. Seems silly to me to think/doubt that the GC3 is going to be inaccurate with something the GC2 and GCQuad excel in, given that it's virtually the exact technology in all 3 LMs.

What the GC3/BLP will not have, and where I think folks are getting confused with is the Putting Analysis Module (that only GC Quad has) that allows you to effectively convert your Quad into a putting swing analysis system like a Quintic or Capto (or anything else that costs thousands of dollars - and no, I'm not saying the Quad is better or on par with say a Quintic).  The Putting Module is a $2k add-on on the quad anyway (that's what it cost me when I got it).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

Bingo. Perhaps foresight should rename it "advanced putting analysis" or something like that so there isn't confusion. The putting analysis with the quad gives you metrics like spin, skid length, impact location, roll rpm etc. For measuring how long a putt is for sim use, they all have that basic capability 

• Like 1

Is anyone concerned about the fixed lithium battery? I am assuming that means it's not replaceable, so once the battery goes the unit is basically a doorstop. 

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

11 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Is anyone concerned about the fixed lithium battery? I am assuming that means it's not replaceable, so once the battery goes the unit is basically a doorstop. 

I am definitely concerned about that.  Like everything with FS though, I am sure you can send it in and they will give you a new battery for 500 dollars.  (Ongoing joke for those that don't know, every little thing FS charges 500 dollars lol).

Swing hard in case you hit it!

9 minutes ago, clevited said:

I am definitely concerned about that.  Like everything with FS though, I am sure you can send it in and they will give you a new battery for 500 dollars.  (Ongoing joke for those that don't know, every little thing FS charges 500 dollars lol).

lol

Just wait till they make the Foresight backpacks available on their accessories sales site.. lol

I think the whole battery thing is their way of trying to minimize the 2nd hand market for these devices (trying to prevent what happened with GC2s).  Second hand devices will now require a transfer fee and repair fees!

Edited by gibbiesmalls
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heymoose said:

Has there been any new info on when the next wave of the bush LP will be available to order?

I have read that it will be sometime next week.  No set date yet.

14 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

BLP delivered. Only able to unbox for now, can’t use til later. First thoughts: I totally get why the reviewers from THP kept raving about the device’s “form factor” - the build quality and design is top notch. Everything looks and feels high end. 

Can anyone show what a ball looks like in the camera holes?  With this thing not having a case, I wonder how wide the opening is.

24 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

I have read that it will be sometime next week.  No set date yet.

Can anyone show what a ball looks like in the camera holes?  With this thing not having a case, I wonder how wide the opening is.

Ball cannot hit the lens, if that’s what you’re wondering. 

• Thanks 1

Bushnell eventually replied with a proper answer:

Q: So what data specifically will be available for putting?

Answers (1)

Bushnell Golf
10/22/21

A: You get all of the same ball and club data (if you have a club marker on your club) that you get on any other shots.

As expected it behaves the same as GC2/Q in terms of measured values although it would be good if someone could test/verify this.

Having AoA, Path etc and being able to easily use on a real putting green (with the alignment stick) is an amazing feature. Surprised they arent making more of this because I dont think any other device <10k can do this (accurately or otherwise).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

BLP delivered. Only able to unbox for now, can’t use til later. First thoughts: I totally get why the reviewers from THP kept raving about the device’s “form factor” - the build quality and design is top notch. Everything looks and feels high end. 

Accuracy so far seems absolutely dead on, as expected. Also impressed with how instant the data is displayed. It seems the data is displayed on the screen a millisecond after you make contact, well before you can finish swinging and look down. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jpan08 said:

Waiting and wondering if foresight will sell some extension like the hmt to unlock other metrics or like the quad buying add on software 

My thoughts exactly....  I wouldn't be surprised.  then again, maybe it's the same putter analysis add on the quad offers.

3 hours ago, AdamHermsdorfer said:

Rory4Pres, are you referencing the GC3 or Bushnell with your cost analysis?  Is the only reason to go with GC3 as compared to the Bushnell the ability to get the GC3 sooner?

I say GC3 because it's fully unlocked but same difference as a BLP with the $800/yr subscription based on 5 years of ownership.  

• Like 1

Got my CyberpowerPC today…seems a good deal for the parts.  I added up $1050 for the parts without the fans or case and with the graphics card(evga 3060)at MSRP…which is nearly impossible. Haven’t fired it up yet. Paid $1189 before tax. Patiently waiting for my GC3 to ship next week. 

Edited by kwettig

40 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Got my CyberpowerPC today…seems a good deal for the parts.  I added up $1050 for the parts without the fans or case and with the graphics card(evga 3060)at MSRP…which is nearly impossible. Haven’t fired it up yet. Paid $1189 before tax. Patiently waiting for my GC3 to ship next week. 

sounds like you got a great deal if that $1189 includes the GPU. Wish I knew about it before I bought my dell - components are good but it's limited by Dell's BIOS

1 minute ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

sounds like you got a great deal if that $1189 includes the GPU. Wish I knew about it before I bought my dell - components are good but it's limited by Dell's BIOS

What is the BIOS limiting?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

2 minutes ago, radiman said:

What is the BIOS limiting?

Overclocking of the CPU and RAM so I am limited to the JEDEC standard for my RAM which is 2933MHz. I tried to buy RAM from Corsair that was supposed to be DDR4 3200MHz, but the default setting on the RAM was 2133 so that's what my computer ran it at. Ended up sending it back and buying an additional 8GB from Dell directly so I can have 16GB at 2933

2 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Overclocking of the CPU and RAM so I am limited to the JEDEC standard for my RAM which is 2933MHz. I tried to buy RAM from Corsair that was supposed to be DDR4 3200MHz, but the default setting on the RAM was 2133 so that's what my computer ran it at. Ended up sending it back and buying an additional 8GB from Dell directly so I can have 16GB at 2933

What CPU is in it?  

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

3 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Intel i7-11700k

Dang.  Too bad you can't overclock it.  But, still should have some pretty good performance out of it.  What GPU did you end up going with?

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

12 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

That is not unexpected from any OEM build

21 minutes ago, radiman said:

Dang.  Too bad you can't overclock it.  But, still should have some pretty good performance out of it.  What GPU did you end up going with?

RTX 3060 - not sure if it is a made for Dell model version of the card or not cause I've heard that can be a thing, but I tested it on userbenchmark and it tested pretty well so it seems legit

Edited by DinoSpumoni228