APPLY NOW: TaylorMade MG3 Wedge Fitting Experience! At The Kingdom!

1. Handicap? 5.8

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey SM8 50.12 F, 56.14 F, and 60 T grind. All with Modus 120x shafts, same shaft as irons

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I have never been fit for wedges, would love to do it at the coolest place possible!

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes!

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes! Thank you!

TSR3 8 - Ventus Black 6x
TaylorMade Stealth + 15 - Ventus TR 8x
Titleist T150 3 - Modus 3 120x
Titleist T100 4-PW - Modus 3 120x
SM9 50, 56, 60 - Modus 3 120x
LAB

1. Handicap? 5

3. Current wedges and setup? Cleveland RTX 52, 56, 60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I've never been fitted for wedges and I think there is room for improvement with those clubs.  Current wedges are one hit wonders, and could definitely use a 60 that is better from the fairway and a 56 that is more versatile when not in a bunker.  I'd love to learn more about different bounces and grinds and how that would help my game

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes.  I'm already planning my work excuses

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes, just gassed up the car

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Absolutely.  It might blow up my work excuses if my boss follows golf on social media, but I'm willing to take that risk.  Worst case is more time to play with new wedges and make posts...

1. Handicap? 0.8

3. Current wedges and setup? Cleveland RTX3 w/DG S400

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Ive never looked at bounce/grind options in depth and I want to take the next step in my game. I also think the TMADE wedges have looked great looking down at them but not so great sitting in the bag. Now they have seemed to finally nail it

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? yes

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/DG 120 X100

W/S Forged 50* w/DG TI S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG TI S400

Kia Ma Daytona TP
TP5X 24'

How To Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. Handicap?

+1

2. Right or left hand golfer?

Right

3. Current wedges and setup?

Ping Glide 2.0 52,56, 60, Blueprint PW

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?

I have been a PING user for life but was impressed with a friend's MG2 wedges and have considered switching to MG wedges.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?

Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?

Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?

Of course!!

1. Handicap? Mostly my swing, but for these purposes 2.0

3. Current wedges and setup? 58/9 bent to 59° Full Face Cleveland Zipcore TI S400 35.5", 56/9 bent to 55° Full face Cleveland Zipcore Spinner S400 35.75", 50°/8 Ping Glide 3.0 S400 35.75"

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? As someone who knows a little more than most when it comes why clubs work the way they do, it would be a great lesson to learn more about the wedges and why new technologies are making them even better...Besides, the last wedges I used from TM were the TI RAC FE203...Those were my all time favorites.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? YES

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? YES

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely.

Edited by jcamn1

1. Handicap? 9.8

2. Right or left hand golfer? right

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey Sm7 48*, Vokey Sm8 54* Vokey SM8 60*

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Definitely

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 6.4

2. Right or left hand golfer? Lefty

3. Current wedges and setup? 52, 56, 60 Nike VR Pro

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? This would be the ultimate dream experience for us gear heads here. This season of golf has been the most frustrating for me and it has mostly been my wedges that are causing me fits and an opportunity to close the loop on my game would be amazing! 

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Of course! 

1. Handicap? +2.1

3. Current wedges and setup? Titleist Vokey SM8 (50, 56, 60)

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I've never been fit for wedges before and would love the opportunity to test and try the new Taylormade wedges and the different options that they offer. I used to play Taylormade wedges back in junior golf and high school and would be curious to see what the new ones are like.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? YES!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes, I'd love to!

1. Handicap? 6

2. Right or left hand golfer?  Right

3. Current wedges and setup?  Vokey SM6 54* S grind and 60* M grind

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  My current wedge setup is very makeshift and desperately needs an update. As a good player, I believe there is a lot to gain in my game by getting properly fit for wedges...especially with top-class fitters like the folks at The Kingdom.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

1. Handicap? 7.1

3. Current wedges and setup? 52* and 58* MG1, Cobra King 50*

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Fell in love with the milled grind straight out of the box, would love to see any and all improvements that have been made. Also, the wedges are the last part of my bag that I have never been fit for. After being fit for the T100s I would like to see how much the new wedges could help me improve as well

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 1

3. Current wedges and setup?  Vokey SM8 52/56/60 all s grind

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I'm a wedge junkie. I've played their hi toe in the past in all 3 wedge set up.  I want to see if they were able to make the club feel softer.

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

1. Handicap? 7

3. Current wedges and setup? Cobra MB 50, Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Wedges look awesome and I have never been fit for any wedges period

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? 100% yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Also 100% yes

1. Handicap? 6.3

2. Right or left hand golfer? RH

3. Current wedges and setup? Titleist Vokey 48F and Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54M & 60L 

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I've never been fitted for wedges & these new MG3 look the part!  Curious to see how they could work out in the myriad of conditions we face in Ohio. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Of course!

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Titleist U505 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Taylormade TP5

1. Handicap? 7.5

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? Taylormade MG2 50, 56,60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I have never been fit for wedges and my around the green game is the category in which I consistently lose strokes. Getting fit would help me pick the right gapping and bounces. I absolutely love the look of the MG3.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely 

1. Handicap?

Right

Cleveland Zipcore 50,55,60 OG spinner shafts

Living in a small rural city with the closest fitter being nearly 1.5 hours away, I've been trying for years to decide to if I truly benefit from a 3 wedge set up through trial and error. Does it create more confusion or more options in the bag? A Kingdom fitting could answer that question for myself and other member who struggle with that 14th club option. I'd love to share that experience with our community.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?

ABSOLUTELY!!

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?

Yes. I'd be there as fast as possible!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?

YES!! Sharing the experience and importance of wedge fitting is something I'm most excited about.

Edited by ciddyboy7

TM Qi10 LS GD Tour AD IZ-6s
Titleist TS3 13.5 GD Tour AD TP-7s

PXG Gen 2 19* GD Tour AD-di 95x

Mizuno MP64 DGs30 3-PW
Cleveland Zipcore 50,54,56

White Hot pro 7h (butane finish)

1. Handicap? 10

3. Current wedges and setup? Titleist SM7 50/54/60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I have always liked my friends Tmag wedges and have been interested in getting some but I haven't worn out my current wedges yet.

1. Handicap? +1.6

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey SM7 52/56M,60L or 60 Low Bounce K

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Wanting to be properly fit for the best wedges for me.  I have been routinely fit for my clubs besides wedges.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes!

Ping G425 LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

Callaway UW 19* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 8X

Srixon ZX MkII 4U / Nippon Modus GOST X

Ping i230 5-P / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100

Titleist SM10 50.08F / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping PLD Custom Prime Tyne S / BGT Stability Tour Black

Titleist ProV1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. Handicap? 8

2. Right or left hand golfer? right

3. Current wedges and setup? Cleveland RTX4 -52, 56, 60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Am looking for a new set of wedges to replace my 2 year-old RTX4s

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes.  I live at Reynolds

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes.  See above

1. Handicap? 10.1

3. Current wedges and setup?  Srixon Z585 Aw (50'), Cleveland Zipcore 54/12', Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  The Clean look from previous TM wedges in a very good way.  I've dabbled with Tm Wedges over the years just haven't foudn the right ones in the Aw/Sw spots.  But I do LOVE my Hi-Toe, been in the bag since they came out.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

- Handicap: 7.3

- Right handed

- Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58 

- I want to know if my gapping is right for me, I like my wedge wet up but I don't think they are helping me score enough. I think a proper fitting would really be a game changer for my game. 

- Yes I am available 8/30- 9/1

- Yes, I can provide transportation myself.

- Yes I can document everything from my experience and would be more than willing to post it here and on social media. 

Thanks, 

Nick 

1. Handicap? 8

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey SM8 50/56/60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I'm looking for more accuracy and spin with my wedges and I haven't been able to find the right set up with my current wedges.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

1. Handicap? 16.

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right.

3. Current wedges and setup? Mizuno 54* and Titleist SM7 58* M Grind or SM6 58* S grind. 

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? TM MG3 looks amazing and would like to know how it stack up against a known wedge brand. 

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes. 

Thank you. 

1. Handicap? 6.2

3. Current wedges and setup? TM EF Black Carbon 47, 52, 56 and Titleist SM6 Black 60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Looking for replacement wedges. Need to be as good as the TM EF Black Carbon.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? No

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? No

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Note: I can make it to the KIngdom at Carlsbad (as I am in Orange County, CA) either Saturday or Sunday in the month of September. So go ahead and message me and we'll work this out. Love to work with Trottie. Thanks in advance.

1. Handicap? 3.8

2. Right or left hand golfer? Lefty

3. Current wedges and setup? MG2 52.09 (bent to 50.07), MG2 56.08 (bent to 54.06), 2018 Hi-Toe Raw 60.ATV. All 3 wedges have KBS $-Taper R (110g) shafts @ 0.5"+

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Have played low bouce 50/54/60 for a number of years but not sure if gapping and spin numbers match my game.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes.

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes.

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

1. Handicap?

Right

Vokey SM8 50* Loft, 12* Bounce F Grind

Vokey SM8 54* Loft, 10* Bounce S Grind

Vokey SM8 58* Loft, 8* Bounce M Grind

As an avid GolfWRX "club junkie", I have played  a few of the current wedges already available.  Have gamed the Callaway Jaws MD5's, the Edison Forged Wedges, and Sub 70 JB Raw this year, and combined with my current Vokey's, could give me a broad set of experiences to draw on to evaluate the new MG3 wedges.  Additionally, while I believe I am a skilled golfer and can generally play to my handicap, I believe as an older golfer dealing with the reduction of swing speed and power, I can bring the "average Joe swing speed" perspective to GolfWRX community.  

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? 

Yes

Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? 

Certainly, and I will be bringing a DLSR with full kit of lenses to produce quality action and still images.  Taking into consideration my "average Joe swing speed" perspective, I think it would be fun to also organize a short segment on The Club Junkie Podcast and have a conversation with Brian describing the slower swing speed players views on the wedge fitting experience.  Happy to support all social media postings.  Thanks!

Edited by chasdr
spelling

East Coast Bag:                                                  West Coast Bag:

G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R                    G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6P 5W GD Tour AD XC 5R                           Gen6P 3W/7W GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6XF 4H/5H/6H GD Tour AD HY 65R.          Fli-Hi Hybrid 23*/26* GD Tour AD HY 65R

P770 '23 7-AW C-Taper LIte 105R                     P790 '23 6-AW C-Taper Lite 105R

MG4 55/59 TW C-Taper Lite 105R                    SM9 55S/59T C-Taper Lite 105R

SC Golo Heavy                                                    Kevin Burns 9304

1. Handicap? 5.4

3. Current wedges and setup?  Nike engage 56 square & 60 square

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  Always loved the look of Taylormade wedges but I can be picky with my grinds so a full fitting would be amazing

1. Handicap? 5

3. Current wedges and setup? Mizuno T20 50, 55, 60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Never had a wedge fitting before.  Visited the Kingdom this past spring for a SIM 2 and LOVED the experience.  Always wanted to dial in my wedge specs to lower my score. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes! I live an hour away!

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely!  I love the Kingdom and would love to post about my experience.  They are world class!