APPLY NOW: Callaway Apex Utility Wood Testing! Looking For 3 Members!

1. City, State? Oklahoma City, OK

2. Handicap? +1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Probably between my 14 deg 3 wood and 22 deg hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? To find that ultimate “do it all” club in that hard to fill spot

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

City, State? Bedminster nj

2. Handicap? 8.8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between 3w and 4i

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Both fe and hybrid have their pro and cons. Want to see if this gives best if both worlds.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State? Katy, TX

2. Handicap? 6.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? In between 3 HL and 4-hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've been searching for a club to git the gap between my only fairway wood and 4-hybrid. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State? Ankeny, IA

2. Handicap? 0.6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Would love to test the 19° to fill the spot between my 3 wood and 3/4 iron 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Seems to be a versatile club and could really be the unicorn for that spot in my bag. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yep! 

1. Birmingham, AL

2. 18

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between 5 iron and FW

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? All the hype!!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes, I have a writing and photography background. 

Titleist TSi3 with Speeder NX Blue

Titleist TSi1 7 wood with Tensei Blue

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron

New Level 902PD irons with SF i95R

Titleist SM7 50° and 60°, Cleveland RDX 56°

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

1. City, State?  Rocklin, CA

2. Handicap?  1.2

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Replace my 5W 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I have a difficult time with fairway woods off the deck. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City, State? Irvine, CA

2. Handicap? 8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would hopefully replace my 2iron and my 3wood and allow me to add another wedge to my bag

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? As stated in 3, I’m looking for a club that can replace my 2i and my 3 wood to open up space for another wedge…so a club like this would be perfect for me. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? I do. 

D - Mizuno ST200G, Tour AD-XC

3W - TSi2, Tour AD-HD

2i - Mizuno MP-H5

4-P - Cleveland 588 MB - KBS Tour

50,54,60 - Vokey SM9 - KBS 610

P - TP Mills Custom Ming

1. City, State? - Convoy, Ohio

2. Handicap? - 7.3 

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? - I would put it in place of my hybrid! 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? - It is tough for me to get something that works in between my 4 wood and 4 iron. I have a hybrid that I get along with, but it isn't always my friend! I would love to test this out because it just seems like it is going to be exactly what I need! 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? - Yes, Absolutely! 

1. City, State? Greensboro, NC

2. Handicap? 6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Potentially a 3\4\5 wood replacement

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  Struggle with Fairways and not a huge fan of hybrids.  This could be that perfect fit.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Of course...Wouldn't be on the site if I didn't agree.

1. City, State? Lebanon, OH

2. Handicap? 6.6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I can see the 21* replacing my current hybrid and 4 iron.  

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Looking for a club I can hit high, that is workable, and has multiple uses (punch shots, shots around the green, etc.).

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes.

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Titleist U505 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Taylormade TP5

1. City, State? Lakeland, FL

2. Handicap? 7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Would use the *17 as a replacement of my 3 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I am a big fan of callaway hybrids, so would like to see how this club would work as a 3 wood replacement.  

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State? St. George, UT

2. Handicap? 5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Looking to fill a specific yardage gap between my 3 wood and 4i

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I have heard multiple good reports on the club and hoping to find something versatile to use between my driver and irons

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State? Gilbert, AZ

2. Handicap? 5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I've got a ever unfilled gap between 5 wood at 17* and a 24 degree 5 iron. Normally play a 16 apex hybrid at 20, but I can get the lefts going with it. I sometimes bag driving irons, but they are too one dimensional for me. I've got a few 7 woods, but they go too high at times and are unplayable in the wind. I'd like to just throw a single club in the bag and be set. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I feel I'm a good candidate for the club. I've demoed it and it looks very neutral. Was hitting fades with it a monitor which I like to see. I play a shorter shaft 5 wood with a 147cc head, lofted down so it sits open and the UW seems to fit as that next club in the bag. Smaller FW look. Shorter shaft. Its like a players 5/7 wood. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Of course. Great weather here in AZ right now. Will be out all over the course taking great pictures and getting tons of shots off to review. 

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

1. City, State? Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. 

2. Handicap? 1.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Replacement for my 5/7/di/hb - a rotating spot in my bag.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Phil plays it. Looks good, could be the perfect club for my needs and for others also. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Sure do! I also own a GC Quad and would be able to provide some in depth data against some other similar clubs. 

1. City, State? Chicago, IL

2. Handicap? 2

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would fit between my 3w and 4 iron.  

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I currently have a Super Hybrid, would love to see how they compare and if one would fit my game better

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yup!

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

1. City, State? Grand Forks, ND

2. Handicap? 12

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Fit between 4 iron and 3 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  Looking for something versatile to fit between my 4 iron and 3 wood.   

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  yes

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

1. City, State? St Petersburg, FL

2. Handicap? 8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I would use the 19 degree head to replace my current hybrid which I use off the tee on short par 4's and reaching part 5's in 2.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I love the idea of how this is a "hybrid" between a hybrid and fairway wood. I think this could potentially be a very usable club in my bag.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Of course!

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

1. City, State? Carrollton, OH

2. Handicap? 15

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would fill the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I am looing for something to replace my U65

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Of course.  Based on the shipping it would be a good test for my Launch Pro

1. City, State? Flemington, NJ

2. Handicap? 0

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? since i have a 4 iron it might replace my 5 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? never had a Callaway wood before

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

1. City, State? Cedarburg, WI

2. Handicap? +.1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Nicely in between my 3 wood and 3 utility iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've been on the hunt for a versitile, automatic club that would fit in between my 3 wood and utility iron.  I've tried a number of hybrids and lofted fairway woods and am looking for something exactly like the UW

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? yes

Titleist TSI3 10.0* 
Titleist TSI1 15* 

Titleist TS2 18*
Titleist T100S Black 4-PM
Vokey SM8 48F

Vokey SM8 54F
Vokey SM9 60T
Ping Anser 2D

1. City, State? Denton, TX.

2. Handicap? 3.2

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? between 4 iron & 5 WD

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Looks like a hybrid & FW had a baby- perfection

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes- was lucky enough to test the TM PSIs when they came out and thought I did a pretty decent job of an unbiased test.

David

Edited by Lefty19

:taylormade-small: SIM 9* - Hzdrus RDX Black 70

:taylormade-small: M1-3HL- Hzdrus RDX Blue 70

:callaway-small:     Steelhead 7WD RCH99

:bridgestone-small: J15 CB 4-pw C-Taper Lite

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges 50*-54*-58* V- Tour

:seemore:- M3W

MAXFLI TOUR 

1. City, State?  Honolulu, HI

2. Handicap? 17

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Would fit in between my 3W and 4iron.  

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I definitely need help at the top of my bag.  Ive been struggling to find a consistent club between my 3W and 4I.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes i agree to take high quality photos and provide an honest and in-depth review.

Driver (10.5): Taylormade SIM2 (Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S)
3-Wood (13.5): Taylormade SIM2 TI (Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X)
Irons (2I, 4I-7I, 8I-PW): Mizuno MP-20/MMC/HMB (Steelfiber i95 Stiff)
GW (51/11): Cleveland CBX 2 (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
SW (56/12): Cleveland CBX Full Face (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
LW (62/6): Cleveland ZipCore Tour Rack (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
Putter: Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 Center Shaft
Ball: Pro V1x Left Dash

. City, State?Palm Beach Gardens, Fl

2. Handicap? +2.7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? fill the gap between 4w and 4 utility iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? love fairways but haven't found a hybrid I get along w too well

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

1. City, State? Bellingham, WA

2. Handicap? 13.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 7 wood replacement.  I've never had a hybrid in the bag and love fairway woods

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? It sounds like a good club to replace the spot that I have either a 5w, 7w, or used to have 3i in. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? I will take high quality photos, do a lot of testing, and write a review.

1. City, State? Madison, MS

2. Handicap? 16

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between my 3 wood and 4 iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've just replaced my 3 wood and I am looking for something to fill the gap between it and my 4i

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

1. City, State?  Mission Viejo, CA

2. Handicap? 4

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Looking to bridge the gap between my 3W and 4i

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I feel that higher lofted fwy woods go too high.  Hitting a fwy wood from the rough is more difficult than a hybrid.   I feel that hybrids from the tee are not as forgiving as the fwy wood.  This club could help bridge that gap.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes

1. City, State? Charleston, SC

2. Handicap? 9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Stuck between hybrid and 5 wood, this might be the gap filler

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility? Need a new club, callaway has always for the wood section of my bag

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes! 

1. City, State?  Northville, MI

2. Handicap?  4.1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  I need a good 240 yard club

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I hit irons much better than fairway woods, this looks to have the perfect blend of positives.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes!

1. City, State?  Fayetteville, PA  

2. Handicap?   5.0

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?   It would be a great combination to replace my hybrids.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?   Callaway woods have always been a part of my bag.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes !