Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue - Info and Release Date

BubbaBallesteros

that is from the Mitsubishi website, says 4.2. Is that a typo?

blue.jpg

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

8 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Jumping in here... there is no other box of Kai'li Blue shafts. The same shaft you'd buy from any of our OEM partners is the same shaft you'd get directly from us.

The difference you're seeing in torque values is likely related to the difference in torque between S flexes and TX flexes.

There is no separate batch of Kai'lis. They are all the same.

ok thanks just trying to figure this out. The 60s on the MCA website clearly says 4.2, not 2.7. 

It is possible I am losing my mind

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

On 2/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, Scott0000 said:

Dumb question here, but loved the older Kai'li 80x in the fairway with the ion finish.  If I want to try to recreate that in a fairway, would new Kai'li Blue 80TX be the way to go or would the older version be closer something else you have in the line?

No dumb questions... The new Kai'li family really has zero relation to the old Diamana Kai'li. The only real similarity is that every one of our blueboards does have some similarity in design DNA, but different overall materials and construction techniques. 

That older version is actually probably closer to Diamana TB or even Diamana GT. If I were you, I'd start the search with in-line Diamana parts, not Kai'li.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, BdaGolfer said:

See my posts above on X vs TX - how different would they feel/play? I loved the X when I demo'ed it, I didn't feel like I had to "hit" it to make it work, just swing away, but I don't know if the spin rates were due to me, the shaft or the head when they ballooned up at times. I'll test the X in a Cobra head today for comparisons, but was curious where the TX would fit in. Also curious if the White in X would feel close enough to the Blue?

Thx.

It wouldn't be incredibly dissimilar. I'd say in general if you loved the X in the demo then I'd stick there but think about alternatives on how to knock spin down. I do think White would be a good idea. Kai'li White is the first ever whiteboard profile we've made with a taper butt handle, so in many ways it should feel quite 'blue' in the hands but should launch a bit lower and spin a bit less. It actually may be perfect for you.

TX would also knock some spin off but depending on your sensitivities, could be quite stout.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:53 PM, ob1soccer said:

ok thanks just trying to figure this out. The 60s on the MCA website clearly says 4.2, not 2.7. 

It is possible I am losing my mind

Yes, the torque in Kai'li Blue 60 S is 4.2. And the torque in Kai'li Blue 70 TX is 2.7. That doesn't mean there are different batches, it's just stronger and stouter in the TX. 

If there is still something you need cleared up, please feel free to DM us. Don't want to steal the thread!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

No dumb questions... The new Kai'li family really has zero relation to the old Diamana Kai'li. The only real similarity is that every one of our blueboards does have some similarity in design DNA, but different overall materials and construction techniques. 

That older version is actually probably closer to Diamana TB or even Diamana GT. If I were you, I'd start the search with in-line Diamana parts, not Kai'li.

It wouldn't be incredibly dissimilar. I'd say in general if you loved the X in the demo then I'd stick there but think about alternatives on how to knock spin down. I do think White would be a good idea. Kai'li White is the first ever whiteboard profile we've made with a taper butt handle, so in many ways it should feel quite 'blue' in the hands but should launch a bit lower and spin a bit less. It actually may be perfect for you.

TX would also knock some spin off but depending on your sensitivities, could be quite stout.

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  Figured that the older Kai'li was more like TB or BF anyway.  I guess I like the feel aspect of it as stated above.  Looking forward to giving a few a try. 

Edited by Scott0000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

So would the Kai Li white be kind of like a Ventus Blue TR? A little stouter than a blue profile but less than a white/black profile?

1 hour ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Probably not. Kai'li White is very stout. Just won't feel that way.

I have the 65TX and would say it plays more like Ventus Black with "Blue feel"... I have no idea on the X just the TX... SO good....

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

6 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Thanks for this. I'll do a white vs blue test and see where I land.

• Like 1

Would it be crazy for someone with a low 90's swing speed to use a Kali White 60S? I did some free fittings and the White gave pretty good #'s in all of them. My path is out to in so I can get a spinny slice. The black/white profiles knocked my spin down and tightened up dispersion. The White didn't feel like a typical black profile. It felt good and I was still able to get around 90' height. The Kali Blue felt softer but the spin was a little higher and dispersion got a little bigger. I'm working to fix my path. Luckily my attack angle is like +2 to +6*.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 7:03 PM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hey Bubba -- Kai'li Blue is still in prototype/testing phase. No launch date currently set for product release but if all continues to go well, it'll be sooner rather than later. What we have seen so far has us excited and early tour adoption has been great.

As far as profile/performance, as most people here know, blue is our mid-launch/mid-spin profile color, dating all the way back to the original Diamana days.

The new Kai'li family uses a Super Low Resin Content Prepreg and players have been raving about how it feels. We're still working on incorporating the new materials used in Kai'li White into new launch and spin profiles. It's been super successful so far in White and Blue is off to a fantastic start too. We get really excited about new materials and their applications and usages because ultimately that's what our company is -- a materials company. New materials open new doors.

We'll keep you guys posted as things develop with Kai'li Blue!

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICALFor the Kai'li blue or white, is there any difference in profile between the prototype versions and what became the actual retail offerings?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

On 2/13/2023 at 12:09 PM, rlb4 said:

So would the Kai Li white be kind of like a Ventus Blue TR? A little stouter than a blue profile but less than a white/black profile?

Kai'li white is more like the Ventus Black but with more feel IMO.  Very stout and stable and true low/low shaft. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 2/13/2023 at 7:55 PM, rlb4 said:

Would it be crazy for someone with a low 90's swing speed to use a Kali White 60S? I did some free fittings and the White gave pretty good #'s in all of them. My path is out to in so I can get a spinny slice. The black/white profiles knocked my spin down and tightened up dispersion. The White didn't feel like a typical black profile. It felt good and I was still able to get around 90' height. The Kali Blue felt softer but the spin was a little higher and dispersion got a little bigger. I'm working to fix my path. Luckily my attack angle is like +2 to +6*.

Go with what works for you.  The right shaft should give you good numbers and feel right in an ideal world.  However, it's ok to sacrifice some feel for optimal numbers IMO.  Your AoA is on the higher side which is fine, so it makes sense to me that a low/low shaft would fit you. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Just now, Pomps said:

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICALFor the Kai'li blue or white, is there any difference in profile between the prototype versions and what became the actual retail offerings?

I've tested both in TX flex and numbers were very similar across the board.  Oddly enough, the retail versions felt a touch smoother to their proto counterparts, but that could be all in my head, lol. 

• Like 2

How much of a difference are we talking between the X and TX, with (4.2 vs 3.3 torque)?  Is the torque going to mostly translate into a feel, one being more stout than the other? Or is there performance gains to be had? My SS is around 115 and the stock offering I’m looking to buy this year doesn’t offer TX. Wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Went for a test but they didn’t have the TX. 

On 2/25/2023 at 9:12 AM, Pomps said:

Hi there -- only change that occurred was cosmetic. We filled in the 'Kai'li' wordmark logo to contrast more with the base color of the shaft. Specs did not change.

8 minutes ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hi there -- only change that occurred was cosmetic. We filled in the 'Kai'li' wordmark logo to contrast more with the base color of the shaft. Specs did not change.

Thank you!

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

On 2/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, phizzy30 said:

I've tested both in TX flex and numbers were very similar across the board.  Oddly enough, the retail versions felt a touch smoother to their proto counterparts, but that could be all in my head, lol. 

About to have a Kai'li White 70TX built up. 

Cleaning up path and AoA with driver to be positive and the Kai'li Blue has fit back into the bag. 

• Like 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

On 2/25/2023 at 11:34 AM, Grape said:

How much of a difference are we talking between the X and TX, with (4.2 vs 3.3 torque)?  Is the torque going to mostly translate into a feel, one being more stout than the other? Or is there performance gains to be had? My SS is around 115 and the stock offering I’m looking to buy this year doesn’t offer TX. Wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Went for a test but they didn’t have the TX. 

Torque is mostly feel, however I find the TX versions that have lower torque compared to the X counterpart's tend to be more stable. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 8:45 AM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

What are the differences between the Tensei AV Blue and the Kai'ili Blue?

Not necessarily a fan of the Tensei AV Blue

Edited by RainShadow

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

4 minutes ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hi there -- Kai'li Blue will definitely play a touch firmer than TENSEI AV Blue. Softer handle in Kai'li, but stronger at the bottom.

Do these same comparisons apply to the new Tensei 1K Pro Blue as well?

Edited by 03trdblack

2 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hi there -- Kai'li Blue will definitely play a touch firmer than TENSEI AV Blue. Softer handle in Kai'li, but stronger at the bottom.

Thank you!

The Tensei Blue line ( AV, CK Pro, CK etc. ) has always been a little loose for me.

I'll give the Kai'ili a try.

Edited by RainShadow
  • Like 2

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

On 6/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, RainShadow said:

Thank you!

The Tensei Blue line ( AV, CK Pro, CK etc. ) has always been a little loose for me.

I'll give the Kai'ili a try.

Which one you looking for? I got both white and blue for sale!

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")