Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue - Info and Release Date

BubbaBallesteros

This is great

13 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hey there -- Shouldn't feel extremely dissimilar but you may notice some differences handle side with butt ODs. In general, Diamana shafts are designed to play a bit softer than Kai'li shafts, which were designed with golfers chasing speed in mind. KB is a fairly aggressive mid-mid profile and Diamana products will always prioritize feel over everything else.

This is great and helpful. Thank you @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL! Reinforces for me, too, that switching from Diamana whites to Kai’li White was the right call for my driver since I’m squarely in the “chasing speed” camp there. 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, phizzy30 said:

My initial findings after yesterday's round is that the Kai'li blue plays firmer overall compared to the ZF.  Doesn't quite feel as smooth as the ZF.  Very stiff mid section.  I would say that launch and spin are very similar but it's more fade biased/anti-left.  Held it's line better the harder I swung as well. 

Pretty sure you've hit ventus blue,black, and tr blue...

How would you compare kaili blue to those 3?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 1:38 PM, getitdaily said:

Pretty sure you've hit ventus blue,black, and tr blue...

How would you compare kaili blue to those 3?

Feels like the black, but launch and spin are similar to TR blue. 

• Like 4

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 10/5/2022 at 10:11 PM, Seattlegolfnut said:

This is great

This is great and helpful. Thank you @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL! Reinforces for me, too, that switching from Diamana whites to Kai’li White was the right call for my driver since I’m squarely in the “chasing speed” camp there. 🙂

Strecth grip 1" and cannot tell difference on grip size. I am very sensitive to this and it worked like a charm...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

16 hours ago, Seattlegolfnut said:

Eh? Not following.

The butt diameter on the "KAI'LI shafts is wide. Too offset this with grip just stretch the grip an inch..

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 12:21 AM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hey Coops -- .....Kai'li Blue will play more stable than ZF and should produce a flatter ball fight and lower spin.

Add it all up... Kai'li Blue will use a taper butt handle for that classic blue feel that so many people know and love, but with a lower resin content than we've ever done in a blue profile. KB will be a very, very smooth and very, very stable part.

Finally got a Kai'Li Blue fitted to my Driver... the TX was the only option when I ordered, but since i've always liked the Blueboard I was confident it wouldn't be horrendously boardy.... and it isn't.

The bits i've quoted above kind of sum up how it does indeed feel for me - it's excellent actually, does look to the eye a flatter flight compared to the previous ZF 70S in the same head.

Given that I've loved the Blueboard since 2009 when I got it fitted with a Diamana Blueboard 80S to my Adams 9015D head, then a 70S ion flowerband Blueboard in Bangkok for a Ping G10... back to the Adams with a ZF70S - loved them all... so first

maybe @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL can summarise all the Blueboardish varieties now as I 'm a little confused and curious what would work best in a 5 wood given my love of all shafts blueboardy.

I've got the TSR2 5 wood with one of the Titleist shaft options - the Tensei Blue 75S since it seems like a likely good fit for me... but curious baout options and just generally interested in where/what all these variations fit in from Kai'Li Blue to GT to Tensei etc...

all3blues.JPG.611947b6516125464b6a737db42824c5.JPG

• Like 3

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

• 2 weeks later...

This page from MCA is helpful

https://www.mca-golf.com/kaili-blue-k6b5a8i3

especially this comparison chart there... apparently significantly lower lower torque yet still good feeling is making me wonder about a 70S for a fairway wood in Kai'Li Blue

980372143_Screenshot2023-01-10at14_42_22.png.c4c519260a3a8039d5e07dbf7ab773c6.png

• Like 3

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

On 12/29/2022 at 10:53 PM, coops said:

Finally got a Kai'Li Blue fitted to my Driver... the TX was the only option when I ordered, but since i've always liked the Blueboard I was confident it wouldn't be horrendously boardy.... and it isn't.

The bits i've quoted above kind of sum up how it does indeed feel for me - it's excellent actually, does look to the eye a flatter flight compared to the previous ZF 70S in the same head.

Given that I've loved the Blueboard since 2009 when I got it fitted with a Diamana Blueboard 80S to my Adams 9015D head, then a 70S ion flowerband Blueboard in Bangkok for a Ping G10... back to the Adams with a ZF70S - loved them all... so first

maybe @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL can summarise all the Blueboardish varieties now as I 'm a little confused and curious what would work best in a 5 wood given my love of all shafts blueboardy.

I've got the TSR2 5 wood with one of the Titleist shaft options - the Tensei Blue 75S since it seems like a likely good fit for me... but curious baout options and just generally interested in where/what all these variations fit in from Kai'Li Blue to GT to Tensei etc...

all3blues.JPG.611947b6516125464b6a737db42824c5.JPG

coops -- so sorry I missed your question over the holidays! 

First off, thanks for the support. Appreciate your commitment to the Blueboards.

Here is a little Blueboard breakdown... right now there are three main ones in line with some extra products that have blue-ish tendencies.

The three main blues in line right now are Diamana TB, TENSEI AV Raw Blue and Kai'li Blue. The differences in the families can be summarized like this: 

Diamana: Classic, legendary. Instantly recognizable smooth and consistent feel. Feel, feel, feel.

TENSEI: Always focused on improved shaft performance through material innovation. Built for those who love tech and the performance benefits tech can provide.

Kai'li: Built for where golf is going. Designed to hold up to increasing amount of stress golfers place on shafts.

BUT -- Just because these all have specific niches doesn't mean they ignore the others. For example, while Diamana prioritizes feel, that absolutely does not mean that technology is absent. It more means the technology is used to create incredible feel.

TENSEI uses technology to create improved performance, but that doesn't mean it feels bad.

Kai'li is built to stand up to where golf is going, but that doesn't mean it's immediately disqualified from where golf is now either. It can do both -- it's just especially beneficial for those chasing speed.

Aside from that summary and in reference to the blue-ish tendencies I alluded to above, Diamana GT is sort of that 'tweener. Diamana GT evolved from ZF and it sort of puts a foot down in whiteboard and blueboard camps. For many, GT falls right in between blue and white, which is why the color doesn't commit either way!

hope this helps. happy to answer anything else that pops up.

-- Preston at MCG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the reply - i'm very pleased with the Kai'Li Blue, quite a trick to be low torque yet feel smooth yet lively & stable all at the same time.

I think one OEM offers it in their fairways - so i'm safe to assume it also works well in a 5 wood etc in 70 stiff or so? (Not that i'd be going so stiff as the the driver shaft i got)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, coops said:

Thanks for the reply - i'm very pleased with the Kai'Li Blue, quite a trick to be low torque yet feel smooth yet lively & stable all at the same time.

I think one OEM offers it in their fairways - so i'm safe to assume it also works well in a 5 wood etc in 70 stiff or so? (Not that i'd be going so stiff as the the driver shaft i got)

For sure and very glad you're enjoying.

Yes, all Kai'li profiles are designed to work well in drivers and fairway woods. If you like it in the driver, stands to reason you'll like it elsewhere too!

• Like 1

just picked a 60s today and cant wait to demo, will report back with results

• Like 3

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, ob1soccer said:

just picked a 60s today and cant wait to demo, will report back with results

How was it Ob1?  Also, curious about the shaft and in those specs

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:41 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

How was it Ob1?  Also, curious about the shaft and in those specs

just got back from a 2 week NFL playoffs trip. Last week saw 49ers vs Seattle ( son is 49ers fan),

just got back this morning from Philly after watching my Eagles smoke the Giants. So basically have not done anything yet, but Im on it this week and will report back. Comparing to AD DI,  and AD HD in both callaway and titleist heads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:12 PM, ob1soccer said:

just got back from a 2 week NFL playoffs trip. Last week saw 49ers vs Seattle ( son is 49ers fan),

just got back this morning from Philly after watching my Eagles smoke the Giants. So basically have not done anything yet, but Im on it this week and will report back. Comparing to AD DI,  and AD HD in both callaway and titleist heads

Checking in for this comparison! The HD has become one of my absolute favorite driver shafts.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

17 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Checking in for this comparison! The HD has become one of my absolute favorite driver shafts.

weather sucks in NY, last week it was 15. Tomorrow is going to be 45 so i am on it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BdaGolfer said:

Anyone compare the X and TX versions? Loved the feel of the 60X in a Stealth +2 but had too many balls over 3k spin at ~170 ball speed. Would the TX tame that a bit? 

I havent hit the X, but just looked at a set of about 25 drives of mine with Cobra LTDxLS and Kaili Blue 60tx, untipped. 181mph avg ball speed and 2500 spin, std dev ~400rpm. CHS is 123, and AoA is zero. So def not producing ULTRA low spin. If you hit up a few degrees, I'm sure that could down into the 2300-2500 with a TX

To be fair, I do hit a cut with a path that is 3* left, so maybe 2500 isnt too bad

Edited by MagicMan79
  • Like 1

TSR4 8*, Accra RPG 362 M5 & Ventus Red 7x

Sim Rocket 14*, Accra TZ6 75 M5

790 2i UDI (2021), Accra TZ5 105 M5

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW, Modus 120 TX

Callaway JAWS 50, 54, 60,  x100 DG

1/1 Lajosi DD-201 WB, Stability Tour blackout 

1 hour ago, MagicMan79 said:

I havent hit the X, but just looked at a set of about 25 drives of mine with Cobra LTDxLS and Kaili Blue 60tx, untipped. 181mph avg ball speed and 2500 spin, std dev ~400rpm. CHS is 123, and AoA is zero. So def not producing ULTRA low spin. If you hit up a few degrees, I'm sure that could down into the 2300-2500 with a TX

To be fair, I do hit a cut with a path that is 3* left, so maybe 2500 isnt too bad

Thanks, that's some nice numbers there, a DJ-esque fade?

My launch is typically up 3 to 5, so may not change much. The other shots were 2400 to 2800, so good potential. The problem I have with the Stealth models is telling where on the face the contact is, so maybe some were high? 

8 hours ago, BdaGolfer said:

Anyone compare the X and TX versions? Loved the feel of the 60X in a Stealth +2 but had too many balls over 3k spin at ~170 ball speed. Would the TX tame that a bit? 

Didn't compare x to tx but compared TX to ventus blue x..

Kaili launched a touch higher, 1-1.5 higher. Spin was the same for most shots. I was pleased. Shaft felt super smoooth. Definitely didn't feel like a tx. Ventus blue x felt firmer. 

Only issue I saw was when I gave one a bit extra juice it would spin up. Great shaft for a smooth tempo, mild loader. I ended up going the Venus black route.

• Like 1

anyone have the specs to compare the Kaili Blue that is stock in the fitting carts as compared to the one ordered directly from MCA? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a big difference in torque values, listed above the value is 2.7, but the other value of the same exact shaft at 60s is 4.2. How can one shaft have that much difference in the torque?

3 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

anyone have the specs to compare the Kaili Blue that is stock in the fitting carts as compared to the one ordered directly from MCA? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a big difference in torque values, listed above the value is 2.7, but the other value of the same exact shaft at 60s is 4.2. How can one shaft have that much difference in the torque?

The Kai Li shafts are supposed to be the real deal shafts. The blue specs on MCA's website are the same as the ones on Cobra's.

36 minutes ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Jumping in here... there is no other box of Kai'li Blue shafts. The same shaft you'd buy from any of our OEM partners is the same shaft you'd get directly from us.

The difference you're seeing in torque values is likely related to the difference in torque between S flexes and TX flexes.

There is no separate batch of Kai'lis. They are all the same.

Dumb question here, but loved the older Kai'li 80x in the fairway with the ion finish.  If I want to try to recreate that in a fairway, would new Kai'li Blue 80TX be the way to go or would the older version be closer something else you have in the line?

1 hour ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Jumping in here... there is no other box of Kai'li Blue shafts. The same shaft you'd buy from any of our OEM partners is the same shaft you'd get directly from us.

The difference you're seeing in torque values is likely related to the difference in torque between S flexes and TX flexes.

There is no separate batch of Kai'lis. They are all the same.

See my posts above on X vs TX - how different would they feel/play? I loved the X when I demo'ed it, I didn't feel like I had to "hit" it to make it work, just swing away, but I don't know if the spin rates were due to me, the shaft or the head when they ballooned up at times. I'll test the X in a Cobra head today for comparisons, but was curious where the TX would fit in. Also curious if the White in X would feel close enough to the Blue?

Thx.

Edited by BdaGolfer

6 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Didn't compare x to tx but compared TX to ventus blue x..

Kaili launched a touch higher, 1-1.5 higher. Spin was the same for most shots. I was pleased. Shaft felt super smoooth. Definitely didn't feel like a tx. Ventus blue x felt firmer. 

Only issue I saw was when I gave one a bit extra juice it would spin up. Great shaft for a smooth tempo, mild loader. I ended up going the Venus black route.

Thanks for the frame of reference. I tend to be a blue profile guy from a feel perspective, so have considered the Ventus as well. I have a Titleist fitting coming up so hopefully everything is available for demo. What made you go with the Black over the Blue in the end, spin control?

1 minute ago, BdaGolfer said:

Thanks for the frame of reference. I tend to be a blue profile guy from a feel perspective, so have considered the Ventus as well. I have a Titleist fitting coming up so hopefully everything is available for demo. What made you go with the Black over the Blue in the end, spin control?

I have been in the blue for 2 or so years now. Has been a very good shaft. I have a personal launch monitor now and I am able to see how much spin I'm generating and it was too high. Needed to knock 300 rpm off. So I added weight to the back of my driver and lofted the head down a notch. That was giving me the spin window but launch was lower than I wanted. Tried the black So i could loft up and keep spin down. Worked like a charm and am.also seeing straighter flight...just tighter all around. 

6x blue to 6x black. Blue tipped 1, black tipped .5

• Like 1