2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2022 Honda

KBong

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Too close to call on this one. Minjee went low last week, but she's a little too far back. Gaby and Celine can go high or low on Sundays. Brooke should be steady. 'Still sticking with Brooke.

Good penultimate group (well for them) 3 proven winners who know what to do on Sunday.  The final group is a little inexperienced in the clutch, Celine is dangerous though but her problem is all her direct competition can get to all par 5's in 2 (plus #15).  The thing about these easy scoring tracks, it becomes much harder to get those scores under the Sunday pressure, should be a good shootout.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Good penultimate group (well for them) 3 proven winners who know what to do on Sunday.  The final group is a little inexperienced in the clutch, Celine is dangerous though but her problem is all her direct competition can get to all par 5's in 2 (plus #15).  The thing about these easy scoring tracks, it becomes much harder to get those scores under the Sunday pressure, should be a good shootout.

I actually feel the pressure of the

last group leads them to falter, just like last night/this morning… so I think the 2nd to last group produced the winner… the 3rd to last group is a bit too far behind and needs to rely on at least 5-6 players not to score so those are pretty tough odds to overcome… 

Who leads the “debacle” in the last group (last night it was Su, clearly, and missing a ton of par 5 chances for the last group pretty much doomed them in)? I’ll be keen to see it early on tonight… and this time weather delay be damned LOL 

1 hour ago, Stooch said:

I believe @iBanesto made the point about Celine too.  I agree.  I think she wins tomorrow.  She has a 2 stroke cushion over Brooke, etc.   And Celine is playing well . . . and now with a few wins under belt (LPGA & LET), she's learned a fair bit about playing under pressure.  Had Brooke made eagle on 18 instead of Birdie, then its only a 1-stroke difference between them. 

Of course, Nasa is quite capable of shooting a low round tomorrow as well and she could and probably will be in contention.

As for the Par 5's, I have been following Brooke's stats carefully over the past while and she has failed to play the Par 5's very well.  She has been a notch or two below Nelly in that respect.  Hopefully, she seems to be turning the corner on that, but we will see.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

I believe @iBanesto made the point about Celine too.  I agree.  I think she wins tomorrow.  She has a 2 stroke cushion over Brooke, etc.   And Celine is playing well . . . and now with a few wins under belt (LPGA & LET), she's learned a fair bit about playing under pressure.  Had Brooke made eagle on 18 instead of Birdie, then its only a 1-stroke difference between them. 

Of course, Nasa is quite capable of shooting a low round tomorrow as well and she could and probably will be in contention.

As for the Par 5's, I have been following Brooke's stats carefully over the past while and she has failed to play the Par 5's very well.  She has been a notch or two below Nelly in that respect.  Hopefully, she seems to be turning the corner on that, but we will see.  

Been like that since the start of Covid, she just lost her par 5 scoring touch, this year she seems to have turned it around.  Last week she was -11 on the par 5's and she'll be close this week to doing the same.  I think she's 6th right now in par 5 scoring at 4.5

I'm leaning that there usually symmetry to these things, so I say Brooke wins the final event that the 48" driver is legal using a 48" driver.  Plus she hasn't really had her hot round yet, the 65, 67, 66 where just easy rounds with 4 bogies sprinkled in among them.

PS anyone watching the 17th at the players right now😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Been like that since the start of Covid, she just lost her par 5 scoring touch, this year she seems to have turned it around.  Last week she was -11 on the par 5's and she'll be close this week to doing the same.  I think she's 6th right now in par 5 scoring at 4.5

I'm leaning that there usually symmetry to these things, so I say Brooke wins the final event that the 48" driver is legal using a 48" driver.  Plus she hasn't really had her hot round yet, the 65, 67, 66 where just easy rounds with 4 bogies sprinkled in among them.

PS anyone watching the 17th at the players right now😂

LOL at Billy Ho...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Well it would be apropos for her to win on that point alone!  

I suspect that if Brooke shoots a 64 tomorrow, she wins.  The same with Nasa . . . Celine could also go low too . . . but if Brooke or Nasa come out hot, then I think Celine posts a score around 67.   It will be interesting to see how Nanna Koerstz Madsen responds . . . she's won on the LET and Symetra/Epson, she came close at last year's AIG Women's Open, where she let it slip away on the 72nd hole.  

It's a fool's errand to try and predict . . . but where is the fun in not?  The only thing is I miss being around the table with some of the friends enjoying a beer or two plus the friendly "loser buys the round" kind of banter.

this is a more interesting tournament, competition wise, to the farcity that is happening at the Players -- yes, not anybody's fault there but the ones who went out afternoon and morning in rounds 1 and 2 (based on sked) are getting hosed... for me, useless/anticlimactic... the only thing going for it is that it finishes on monday and I’m on vaca since my kid is on spring break too LOL

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

this is a more interesting tournament, competition wise, to the farcity that is happening at the Players -- yes, not anybody's fault there but the ones who went out afternoon and morning in rounds 1 and 2 (based on sked) are getting hosed... for me, useless/anticlimactic... the only thing going for it is that it finishes on monday and I’m on vaca since my kid is on spring break too LOL

The white caps on the water are big enough you wouldn't wanna be in them in a canoe LOL

• Like 2

My tip for today is Madsen. She has a bit of the Kupcho about her, in the way she gets down on herself, and gets in her own way - but with a difference. I think she is learning to manage herself, and is ready to W. And she has game!

Su Oh's meltdown was intriguing to watch, and we usually don't get to see an entire round by someone in meltdown mode, because they drop out of contention. Credit to her for salvaging a 73. You can see the difference between Oh Su's bad day and Hatty's (I am speaking of the Japanese girl Hatty Oka, of course).

Slightly disappointing tournament for the tremendous Thai girls.

Also, not having been on this thread for the entire tournament, I was surprised to have missed only 108 posts and 2,000 odd words of prose. There seemed to be something missing! Have I missed some recent developments?

• Haha 2

There will end up 30 players at -15 or better.

Is the course playing that easy, there's only 1 hole that has an over-par event score so far?

If so, they need a tougher venue for future events or at least set-up the course to play longer (if possible).

• Like 4

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

There will end up 30 players at -15 or better.

Is the course playing that easy, there's only 1 hole that has an over-par event score so far?

If so, they need a tougher venue for future events or at least set-up the course to play longer (if possible).

Edit: it's likely that no player still in the field will finish the tournament over par.

• Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

Also, not having been on this thread for the entire tournament, I was surprised to have missed only 108 posts and 2,000 odd words of prose. There seemed to be something missing! Have I missed some recent developments?

Yes … some frequent / regular contributors eg OP @kbong (?) have been MIA/ missing (hope he/they are ok!) 🤞 

Edited by JungleJimbo