2022 Honda

KBong

6 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Congrats to Nanna, hope this win let's her relax a little more out there.

Great play again from Xiyu, she's been on my radar for awhile now.

Yuka breaking the course record with a 62. 

Lucy Li's play should have KBong all riled up lol.

@Argonne69 Kupcho held it together pretty well and almost chased down Brooke. Looks like she fooled us both lol.

You heard it here first, Sarah Schmelzel is playing some decent golf, looks like she wants a spot on the Solheim Cup.

You are right, after seeing Jen K play the Sunday round here, I am very confident if in contention on a Sunday at a US Open, she will easily match this 67 🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, xxio said:

I was one of those who didn't like how KBong would put down players.

They are out there doing their best and they get "witty put downs" here for doing nothing. It gets tiring. Most of the put downs were on just regular players. Would he be able say those things to the players face to face?

I expressed my opinion about this before and got a potshot in my direction. 

And no, I wasn't the one that reported him.

I'm just here to be a fan of the LPGA, not bring negativity to it.

I'll just wait for the next potshot.

So I will say two things:  1)good on you for not being the one who reported him.  2)I assume you have done this already, but the ignore feature is your friend.

I believe a fair number of players actually know KBong from being at tournaments, so the guy does support the LPGA in a more tangible way than likely a large number of us do.  As I asked in my previous post, would you ever say what you said about the guys on the PGA Tour?  Ie., complaints about "negativity" and pot shots at them?  Or are the LPGA players precious little snowflakes who cannot be criticized?

I would also say, these players are making sponsorship money from their image.  Do you extend Kim Kardashian, et al. the same courtesy of no negativity?(that is as much a general question as one directed at you specifically.)  

Again, glad you didn't report him.  I'm of the opinion there is very little that should be silenced.  Those who don't like it are free to ignore, but silencing someone for something that ultimately doesn't matter(players do not care what is posted here really) is a bit over the top.  IMHO, of course. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Likely Kbong was suspended, someone likely snitched on him for having a sense of humor. 

lol if you get him, he doesn't bug you if you don't get him, he will drive you insane 😂  I just came back don't know about any drama but i try and keep it simple and don't say anything personal about any of the girls.  As it relates to the golf and peripherals around the game, I say what I want (within rules) and if people don't like that ....... well, that sounds like a YOU problem more than a ME problem lol

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stooch said:

You are right, after seeing Jen K play the Sunday round here, I am very confident if in contention on a Sunday at a US Open, she will easily match this 67 🙂

Whoa whoa whoa..hold the horses. At a US Open..a final round 67..that's some confidence. I was thinking more like a +1. 😉

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stooch said:

lol if you get him, he doesn't bug you if you don't get him, he will drive you insane 😂  I just came back don't know about any drama but i try and keep it simple and don't say anything personal about any of the girls.  As it relates to the golf and peripherals around the game, I say what I want (within rules) and if people don't like that ....... well, that sounds like a YOU problem more than a ME problem lol

Well said Stooch. Good to have ya back. 👊

• Like 2

Great job by Nanna, I knew she had the game to win here and with relatively little danger anywhere, it's real tough to  go backwards, although she tried her hardest on the 18th.  Other than that I don't know what to say about the event, congrats to all the players for padding your stats and to those who finished -15 or worse, well you go home this week and feel the shame you rightfully deserve lol

The only thing IMO that can change is the course, I don't see making things more difficult outside making the greens very firm and very fast and with the daily afternoon monsoon, that ain't gonna happen.

The secondary winners of the event (of those that will actually stay in competition all season) Minjee, Brooke, Danielle, Hanna, Hyo Joo, Celine and Atthaya, they would really like to thank their competition in the race to the Vare trophy for not showing up lol

Edited by Stooch
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

So I will say two things:  1)good on you for not being the one who reported him.  2)I assume you have done this already, but the ignore feature is your friend.

I believe a fair number of players actually know KBong from being at tournaments, so the guy does support the LPGA in a more tangible way than likely a large number of us do.  As I asked in my previous post, would you ever say what you said about the guys on the PGA Tour?  Ie., complaints about "negativity" and pot shots at them?  Or are the LPGA players precious little snowflakes who cannot be criticized?

I would also say, these players are making sponsorship money from their image.  Do you extend Kim Kardashian, et al. the same courtesy of no negativity?(that is as much a general question as one directed at you specifically.)  

Again, glad you didn't report him.  I'm of the opinion there is very little that should be silenced.  Those who don't like it are free to ignore, but silencing someone for something that ultimately doesn't matter(players do not care what is posted here really) is a bit over the top.  IMHO, of course. 

It annoys me when he calls them fake this fake that..  I agree players might not care what we say in the forum, but I believe lot of members do care what is said of the players. 

He's so judgmental in a negative way,  I chose to ignore him. 

I'm not sure who reported him, but I don't blame them either..

IMHO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 8602081 said:

It annoys me when he calls them fake this fake that..  I agree players might not care what we say in the forum, but I believe lot of members do care what is said of the players. 

He's so judgmental in a negative way,  I chose to ignore him. 

I'm not sure who reported him, but I don't blame them either..

IMHO

Naturally, this is my opinion. (I believe I'm still entitled to such, for now at least)

I can easily understand the irritation, but I think everyone is so overly offended by comments that are clearly meant to be jokes, KBong has a sense of humor, and enjoys trying to keep things light and goofy. For heavens sake the guy calls himself a "fake Chinese" and a "poser" lol. 

I get it, his "sense of humor" isn't for everyone, it might be a little too blue collar for the golf world, but like you said ignore it, just like we all do with other people.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Supermilo said:

I actually spent more time watching this, despite the sked, relative to the Players and will most likely end up not bothering with the Players -- yes, I understand luck of the draw but it is what it is - happens in the LPGA too with 54 hole events etc...  NCAA and other events on TV help with the Sunday weekend - plus we have one less hour to waste couch potato-ing 🤣

I agree.   I haven't watched more that an hour or two of the Players.

The NBC announcers are too intrusive.   They're each trying to out do the other, but just really making a bunch of noise.

And doing an inset of an announcer speaking while the golf action is proceeding is just so annoying.   I came here to watch the players, not some talking, washed up, head who thinks the broadcast is all about him

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lobby said:

I agree.   I haven't watched more that an hour or two of the Players.

The NBC announcers are too intrusive.   They're each trying to out do the other, but just really making a bunch of noise.

And doing an inset of an announcer speaking while the golf action is proceeding is just so annoying.   I came here to watch the players, not some talking, washed up, head who thinks the broadcast is all about him

zing!!! 🥱

and hicks aint helping either...

plus, i agree with kisner's comments yesterday about how it's kinda ruined everything (Eg the luck of the draw)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

zing!!! 🥱

and hicks aint helping either...

plus, i agree with kisner's comments yesterday about how it's kinda ruined everything (Eg the luck of the draw)

There is a saying or piece of advice in broadcasting . . .namely, don't always try to fill "dead air" . . . sometimes less is more.  Some of the best baseball and golf anouncers have mastered that . . . allowing the sounds and/or images to also do the work.   

Henry Longhurst was one of them in Golf . . . he's probably best remembered in North America for his call in the 1975 Masters when Jack Nicklaus sank a 40 foot putt at the 16th on Sunday, battling both Tom Weiskopf and Johnny Miller.  Henry said of the putt in a quiet refined voice:    

"My my.... in all my life I have never seen a putt quite like that." 

Now, onto another matter . . . why the avatar change and the little quote:  

"Milo of Croton would consume raw bull's meat in front of his adversary and would drink raw bull's blood for energy and vitality" . . . have you been watching something like Vikings, Game of Thrones?  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

There is a saying or piece of advice in broadcasting . . .namely, don't always try to fill "dead air" . . . sometimes less is more.  Some of the best baseball and golf anouncers have mastered that . . . allowing the sounds and/or images to also do the work.   

Henry Longhurst was one of them in Golf . . . he's probably best remembered in North America for his call in the 1975 Masters when Jack Nicklaus sank a 40 foot putt at the 16th on Sunday, battling both Tom Weiskopf and Johnny Miller.  Henry said of the putt in a quiet refined voice:    

"My my.... in all my life I have never seen a putt quite like that." 

Now, onto another matter . . . why the avatar change and the little quote:  

"Milo of Croton would consume raw bull's meat in front of his adversary and would drink raw bull's blood for energy and vitality" . . . have you been watching something like Vikings, Game of Thrones?  😂

Milo is a drink actually -- @Rapidcatwould know for sure bec that malt drink name/brand came/was invented there...  Have always consumed that as energy drink -- not red bull... 

Avatar change is due to boredom -- blame it on the Players after I watched the Princeton - Yale Ivy League game (Bulldogs won and will represent the Ivy's for March Madness).    Decided to tune out of players, muck around golfwrx/twitter while listening to the Houston Cougars annihilate their opponent for NCAA bball... 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Milo is a drink actually -- @Rapidcatwould know for sure bec that malt drink name/brand came/was invented there...  Have always consumed that as energy drink -- not red bull... 

Avatar change is due to boredom -- blame it on the Players after I watched the Princeton - Yale Ivy League game (Bulldogs won and will represent the Ivy's for March Madness).    Decided to tune out of players, muck around golfwrx/twitter while listening to the Houston Cougars annihilate their opponent for NCAA bball... 

So @Supermilo … which version of “Milo”= inherently superior/ preferred?

https://www.asiaone.com/world/i-couldnt-stomach-it-australians-appalled-taste-made-singapore-milo

2 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

So @Supermilo … which version of “Milo”= inherently superior/ preferred?

https://www.asiaone.com/world/i-couldnt-stomach-it-australians-appalled-taste-made-singapore-milo

We get our Milo here from Chile (Eg manufactured in Nestle Chile).  I buy it at Walmart, easily available…

3 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Naturally, this is my opinion. (I believe I'm still entitled to such, for now at least)

I can easily understand the irritation, but I think everyone is so overly offended by comments that are clearly meant to be jokes, KBong has a sense of humor, and enjoys trying to keep things light and goofy. For heavens sake the guy calls himself a "fake Chinese" and a "poser" lol. 

I get it, his "sense of humor" isn't for everyone, it might be a little too blue collar for the golf world, but like you said ignore it, just like we all do with other people.

I would agree that it should be easy enough to ignore. The thing was it was almost every 5th post (he posts a lot) and it seemed almost every other player. (Edit to add... If on ignore it also affects the thread by the sheer number of posts that go missing).

He does contribute good experiences and stories, but I don't think putting yourself down justifies putting others down. That's just me.

Edited by xxio
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, golfortennis said:

I don't follow the PGA Tour threads as much. Maybe because I can watch more of the actual golf. The LPGA I have to check on in here because there is not as much coverage and stories during coverage.

Like I mentioned people that do negative things (like the Kardashians) maybe deserve negative comments. What exactly did the "posers" do to deserve to be called "posers"? Try their best and not be good enough? I don't remember these "posers" saying they should be top5 in the world then going out and MCing 6 in a row.

If my fan memory is correct the 100th pro on the LPGA Money List made slight over 100k in 2019 playing slightly over 20 events. Let's put that at around 6k per event. These ladies are playing hard, not posing.

Edited by xxio
  • Like 4

I don't mind KBong's sense of humour or his incessant put-downs. He's funny. However, he takes up a lot of bandwidth! The most worn button on my keyboard is the scroll down arrow. I can't read as fast as he types!

Does anyone know if he was banned? It would reassuring to know that his absence is just that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Birdiefest aside, Siam CC does seem to produce some exciting finishes. Reachable par 5 closing holes tend to do that. 

Forgot to mention that Nanna is the first Dane to win on the LPGA. 

I like the layout of the 18th, I think they could have designed the green better.  Basically only two spots to put the flag.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Raving Shanker said:

I don't mind KBong's sense of humour or his incessant put-downs. He's funny. However, he takes up a lot of bandwidth! The most worn button on my keyboard is the scroll down arrow. I can't read as fast as he types!

Does anyone know if he was banned? It would reassuring to know that his absence is just that.

I don't think you can tag him on the forum.

I assume he is either banned or deleted his account (unlikely).

2 hours ago, Supermilo said:

We get our Milo here from Chile (Eg manufactured in Nestle Chile).  I buy it at Walmart, easily available…

Now call me biased (as I unashamedly am) but the original and the best is naturally, the best:

'Milo is a chocolate-flavoured malted powder product produced by Nestlé, typically mixed with milk, hot water, or both, to produce a beverage. It was originally developed in Australia by Thomas Mayne in 1934'

Milo Australia 1kg Value Pack | Ifmal.com

Every Aussie kid grows up drinking Milo, both hot or iced. Also really nice sprinkled over vanilla ice-cream.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

I really appreciate this as I was just cast in the play Spamalot. I think it's gonna be fun for cast and audience alike. Come stoned!

holy grail GIF

Kbong will approve! Geez, hopefully it's nothing unsavory that has him MIA.............

Wish you all the best in your quest for the Holy Grail - I reckon that you will have a hoot.

My uncle was a well known film and TV actor in England and had a decent part in one of the most famous Python scenes - the bucket scene from 'The meaning of life' (here he is in view 'behind the bucket' sitting at a table with Graham Chapman):

Movie Review - Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

The Aussie version of Ovaltine, I presume.  

"Set your pins to B2 . . . "    followed by "BE Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine!" 

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Now call me biased (as I unashamedly am) but the original and the best is naturally, the best:

'Milo is a chocolate-flavoured malted powder product produced by Nestlé, typically mixed with milk, hot water, or both, to produce a beverage. It was originally developed in Australia by Thomas Mayne in 1934'

Milo Australia 1kg Value Pack | Ifmal.com

Every Aussie kid grows up drinking Milo, both hot or iced. Also really nice sprinkled over vanilla ice-cream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

The Aussie version of Ovaltine, I presume.  

"Set your pins to B2 . . . "    followed by "BE Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine!" 

Exactly.

Slight differences in taste (think Coke vs Pepsi) and of course no true Aussie would choose Ovaltine over Milo.

Bit like Aussie Vegemite vs UK Marmite - simply no comparison

Hey, Oppa "Snobby" Style!!!!! | Fragriver

• Haha 1