2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV with some big money announcements (*** TOPIC MODERATED ***)

CCTxGolf

43 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

It more than set them back. Then Haney so Lee6 dropped in. 

They have a much bigger issue that LPGA still hasn't figured out

It actually gave them more credibility when they fired the commissioner. And Haney was the one who got embarrassed and shown the door. It’s not a secret that they need more viewership there’s nothing to “figure out”. More people watch Mens sports. I actually prefer the lpga except for Mens majors but I’m in the minority obviously. WNBA, hell nah. 

• Like 1

"....Greg Norman has revealed how LIV Golf will transition into a proper golf league format from 2023 onwards, following an interview with Australian Golf Digest.

Norman, 67, also told the publication that his phone has been off the hook as numerous agents of the world's top 40 players express continued interest in joining LIV Golf. 

The only problem is Norman is fully booked, at least for now. 
http://ow.ly/lZAj50K2IRS"

• Haha 3

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Obviously entitled to your opinion but Phoenix is pretty much heaven on earth for a golfer, especially a professional. Winter has humidity in the single digits with temps 65-80 and with no rain you can literally play every day. If you are not a fan of sun and heat a few of the summer months can be a struggle but still only 10-20 days max. Considering it is the 5th largest city in the US it should not "escape you why anone would like to live" here. After 42 years in Chicago what escapes me is why I didn't move here earlier. Of course it may not be your cup of tee ...

I'll offer a different opinion and that is that Phoenix is brutal in the summer, rounds played even at 6am quickly become a death march, and the cost of golf the nice part of the year is increasingly prohibitive and tee sheets are booked. It is still better than a lot of other places but, as another mentioned, when your interests include more than just golf summer is still desert summer. The obvious solution is unlimited funds and a mountain west summer home. 

As to not completely detract from the topic of this thread, any words on a next batch of announcements? I thought I read somewhere that supposedly they are done for this year? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

So let me get this straight, the PGA has banned LIV Golfers, who are backed by the Saudi's from playing in the FedEx, the same FedEx that has just brokered a $400 million dollar deal with Saudi Arabia.......???????

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

Edited by kmbean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

So let me get this straight, the PGA has banned LIV Golfers, who are backed by the Saudi's from playing in the FedEx, the same FedEx that has just brokered a $400 million dollar deal with Saudi Arabia.......???????

It's okay for billion dollar companies to profit off "doing business" with entities which are too abhorrent for individuals to get a pay day from. But we are simply "too dense" to comprehend that doing business with Saudi's (directly or indirect) is different than working for them directly such as LIV Golf. As long as Fedex or whatever multibillion dollar company is the one profiting it's all good, I mean that market is too big to pass up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

Nobody cares about those sports. 

Tennis already has a team series that sits alongside the tour events. I'd wager the compensation is predetermined to get players on a team aside from event prize money

Tennis has a relevant team series where the big guys play? I must have missed that. Golf, like tennis, is an individual sport. If you want to play a team event you need to establish a format where the teams actually play against each other. Counting scores in stroke play is not a team effort. That’s why all the team competitions in Amateur golf are match play. The LIV Teams are just a vehicle to plunk down even more money for the rich. Who cares if the Majesticks needed fewer strokes over three days than the Hi-Flyers? No one. The glue that holds the LIV together is money. Nothing more. 
And if you talk about endorsements by Nadal, Federer and Djokovic: Those guys have won 60 Grand Slams between them. And they have personality, as have Tiger and Mickelson. Koepka, DJ and Bryson have 7. And especially Koepka and Johnson are boring dudes that happen to be good at golf. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jls667 said:

That's what I've struggled to process the most through all of this. We are all here on WRX in large part due to the PGAT whether you admit it or not. No matter how you grew to love this game, our love of the game is either directly or indirectly linked to the PGAT. 

Think of the times you were glued to the majors, Players, Ryder Cup, you name it. That's all at risk of being lost because we feel millionaires are deserving of more millions? Lets say all the top guys go to LIV, think of all that would be lost that had a hand in bringing you here in the first place. In all likelihood you're here, debating on WRX, because you're a certifiable golf nut. That passion for the game is in large part connected to the PGAT, yet so many are okay with an entity that wants it dismantled? I don't get it. 

Majors and Ryder Cup might not exist so we can watch Four Aces vs Hi-Flyers in a shotgun format? People are actually okay with that? You're willing to lose the drama that occurred on Sunday during this past Open because some guys, you don't know and who don't give a flying-bleep about you, want to take their current multi-millions and multiply it into the stratosphere? I know I'm not. 

But why does LIV’s success have to mean the end of all of that? Why can’t they mutually exist without the destruction of one or the other?

Thats the part I don’t get. It seams the PGAT is the one detonating that bomb.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gregakin said:

Ben Curtis entering the chat 

Arm-in-arm with Todd Hamilton

• Haha 3

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

Let me help you ... FedEx is doing business in Saudi Arabia similar to Nicklaus Design doing business in Saudi Arabia. Fedex is not funding a rival golf league whose sole purpose is to destroy the PGA Tour. 

But if you keep beating the same drum, someone might listen. 

You keep believing that the money comes from another pot.

• Haha 2

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

10 minutes ago, jgonz69 said:

I guess they moderated this in to show people STILL have no clue about the difference 👍

Lol..Here, I'll post a reply from above...."It's okay for billion dollar companies to profit off "doing business" with entities which are too abhorrent for individuals to get a pay day from. But we are simply "too dense" to comprehend that doing business with Saudi's (directly or indirect) is different than working for them directly such as LIV Golf. As long as Fedex or whatever multibillion dollar company is the one profiting it's all good, I mean that market is too big to pass up."

• Haha 3

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

17 minutes ago, CCTxGolf said:

But why does LIV’s success have to mean the end of all of that? Why can’t they mutually exist without the destruction of one or the other?

Thats the part I don’t get. It seams the PGAT is the one detonating that bomb.

Because that's why this whole thing exists. It's been well established that Greg wants to take down the PGA. That's why the PGA won't work with them. That's why the PGA declined the meeting with the Saudis because they were informed that there would be no compromise from them.

Does anyone really think LIV invited Stenson to capture the Swedish audience? Or his golfing prowess? Or was it more likely to throw a wrench into the Ryder Cup? And if it's to disrupt the Ryder Cup, how could it coexist?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rob G 89 said:

Can someone do a standalone thread for the tournament at Trump bedminsiter this week? I would do it but I’m on thin ice here 

same here

hahaahaha

1 hour ago, Ghost of Snead said:

Let me help you ... FedEx is doing business in Saudi Arabia similar to Nicklaus Design doing business in Saudi Arabia. Fedex is not funding a rival golf league whose sole purpose is to destroy the PGA Tour. 

But if you keep beating the same drum, someone might listen. 

so they are competing against themselves? 

or is it they’re just taking it all over while giving a diff impression 

• Like 1

Everybody relax, I’m here