Da 2023 college fooball 🏈

bscinstnct

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

🤣

No better way of celebrating victory than the destruction of other people's property.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

With a minute left, why would Cal go for 2? Tie the game, you don't want to be ahead and make Williams beat you, and certainly don't want to be behind. You want overtime.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Funniest part was the kid jumping in the pond. Yuck. I mean brain eating amoebas are going to starve ! 😂

Naeglaria fowleri can't stand the cold (I think it was 38° F at kickoff), but I agree it's slim pickings in that part of the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Naeglaria fowleri can't stand the cold (I think it was 38° F at kickoff), but I agree it's slim pickings in that part of the country.

I think I remember Naeglaria ... What year did she graduate?

Is anybody else losing confidence in Coach Prime? 

After another less than stellar performance on both sides of the ball that saw his QB/son spend more time on the ground than under center, he totally threw his players under the bus ...

"The big picture you go get new linemen," Deion Sanders said. "That's the picture and I'm going to paint it perfectly."

What about scheme? Or - I don't know - coaching the players you have and not depending on somebody else to train your athletes?

Edited by tatertot

1 hour ago, tatertot said:

After another less than stellar performance on both sides of the ball that saw his QB/son spend more time on the ground than under center, he totally threw his players under the bus ...

"The big picture you go get new linemen," Deion Sanders said. "That's the picture and I'm going to paint it perfectly."

What about scheme? Or - I don't know - coaching the players you have and not depending on somebody else to train your athletes?

I said before the season he’d have a great team……if you could play with 11 cornerbacks!  There’s more to football than the glamour fast guys on the outside. 

I thought it was fabulous as his other son stood there posing after making a hit……as the official threw the flag for targeting right in front of him. 

The announcers were even questioning him. Saying he has to do something different. 

Edited by deadsolid...shank

27 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I said before the season he’d have a great team……if you could play with 11 cornerbacks!  There’s more to football than the glamour fast guys on the outside. 

I thought it was fabulous as his other son stood there posing after making a hit……as the official threw the flag for targeting right in front of him. 

The announcers were even questioning him. Saying he has to do something different. 

Thanks for reminding me of the hit! His son makes the textbook targeting hit on the UCLA TE (crown of helmet to head/jaw), gets up, the official throws the flag right at him from a few feet away and he starts posing/flexing???! I was like wow, this kid just has zero clue! SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

Thanks for reminding me of the hit! His son makes the textbook targeting hit on the UCLA TE (crown of helmet to head/jaw), gets up, the official throws the flag right at him from a few feet away and he starts posing/flexing???! I was like wow, this kid just has zero clue! SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

That is exactly how it happened. I actually thought maybe the official might hit him with the flag. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Yeah, we got the cocky top ranked team fans doing their thread “drive bys” 🤣

Hey all good but not everybody agrees they should be ranked as highly as they are 

IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_4993.jpeg

They all say that until they win it all again.  The media wants so badly for Michigan or Ohio to be good enough to win. 

by the way. Public service announcement.  If you know a Clemson fan , do a wellness check.   They’re not handling it too well in tiger town.  They’re literally talking about firing one of the best coaches of the last 30 years ( in favor of what I don’t know ) All over a recruiting lull. When the gamecocks beat them in a few weeks , it’s going to be really really ugly.  

• Like 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, tatertot said:

Their line is horrid. I could send them several local high schools o lines and they’d look better .  Not only are they small. They appear to be lazy.  Standing up and watching 4 guys bullrush isn’t working the problem.  They had a lot of opportunities to double team , and they didn’t.  Heck I’d be happier as a coach if they’d tackle ( hold) them every 4th play .  But i don’t know if they physically can even do that. You just can’t coach up that much of a talent gap.  I think sanders the QB Is easily top 3 passers in all of college ball. I might pick him 1st.  I just love how he places the ball.  But. He could be so much better if he had more than 1.8 seconds to get the pass off.  Yep.  That’s about the average for Saturdays game. Sometimes he’d get 2.4.  No scheme or coaching will fix that.  That’s pure lack of size and talent. 

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

They all say that until they win it all again.  The media wants so badly for Michigan or Ohio to be good enough to win. 

by the way. Public service announcement.  If you know a Clemson fan , do a wellness check.   They’re not handling it too well in tiger town.  They’re literally talking about firing one of the best coaches of the last 30 years ( in favor of what I don’t know ) All over a recruiting lull. When the gamecocks beat them in a few weeks , it’s going to be really really ugly.  

Klubnik is probably wishing he had stayed in TX at this point.

Just now, ThinkingPlus said:

Klubnik is probably wishing he had stayed in TX at this point.

Oh yea.  Locally , he’s getting more hate than anyone should ever get.  If I were him I wouldn’t eat out for fear of what might be in the food.  Not joking.  I don’t condone that at all , but the tiger fanbase is horrible.  They’ve always been that way.  The same mentality that gave Tommy Bowden a contract  extension worth 3.6 mil or so in 2007 and then fired him mid season of 08 (He resigned rather than be fired) is still alive and well.  . Same as the legendary Danny Ford.  A pissing contest ensued over building a football dorm for his team , the school said no. Danny kept making a stink.  They finally gave him the opportunity to resign rather than firing him.  Cutting their nose off to spite their faces.  Theylll do the same shortly with Dabo.  Bring in some young bargain basement guy , and they’ll be back to low level ACC team for 10 plus years.  They just can’t stand a losing season.  

They’re  Always overachieving but not realizing it.  then when they have a normal year they  go nuclear.  Classic little dog syndrome.  

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

23 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Their line is horrid. I could send them several local high schools o lines and they’d look better .  Not only are they small. They appear to be lazy.  Standing up and watching 4 guys bullrush isn’t working the problem.  They had a lot of opportunities to double team , and they didn’t.  Heck I’d be happier as a coach if they’d tackle ( hold) them every 4th play .  But i don’t know if they physically can even do that. You just can’t coach up that much of a talent gap.  I think sanders the QB Is easily top 3 passers in all of college ball. I might pick him 1st.  I just love how he places the ball.  But. He could be so much better if he had more than 1.8 seconds to get the pass off.  Yep.  That’s about the average for Saturdays game. Sometimes he’d get 2.4.  No scheme or coaching will fix that.  That’s pure lack of size and talent. 

That’s 100% accurate in my opinion. He makes NFL caliber throws. 

Too bad he doesn’t have a coach who can figure out how to buy him a little time. Like maybe keep a back in to help. Or move the pocket, the guy is obviously capable of moving. He’s constantly scrambling for his life. 

Thry appear to me to be a team devoid of leadership, from the coaches or players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

That’s 100% accurate in my opinion. He makes NFL caliber throws. 

Too bad he doesn’t have a coach who can figure out how to buy him a little time. Like maybe keep a back in to help. Or move the pocket, the guy is obviously capable of moving. He’s constantly scrambling for his life. 

Thry appear to me to be a team devoid of leadership, from the coaches or players. 

Thank you.  I wish he’d enter the portal and land somewhere behind a big O line.  Then people would see a show. He throws passes that are just so good that i watch the Colorado games ,  just to see that placement.  

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Thank you.  I wish he’d enter the portal and land somewhere behind a big O line.  Then people would see a show. He throws passes that are just so good that i watch the Colorado games ,  just to see that placement.  

Shadeur should be playing on Sundays next season, not sure what he'd gain by another year in college (bruises and contusions at Colorado). Depends on what scouts are saying about Caleb Wiliams attitude, Sanders could still have a shot at first QB taken.

It will be interesting to see how Deion does without his son. The only time he's coached without Shadeur in the mix was the goofy Spring Covid season, and he went 4-3. He will recruit well, no doubt.

• Like 2

Listening to Denver sports talk radio this morning on the way to work. The shine is off “coach Prime” right now. People are finally waking up and opening their eyes and seeing what is really there. It’s a Hollywood team. Lots of glitz and glamor on the surface, and nothing of real substance. But the fans can transfer back onto the Broncos bandwagon this week. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Oh yea.  Locally , he’s getting more hate than anyone should ever get.  If I were him I wouldn’t eat out for fear of what might be in the food.  Not joking.  I don’t condone that at all , but the tiger fanbase is horrible.  They’ve always been that way.  The same mentality that gave Tommy Bowden a contract  extension worth 3.6 mil or so in 2007 and then fired him mid season of 08 (He resigned rather than be fired) is still alive and well.  . Same as the legendary Danny Ford.  A pissing contest ensued over building a football dorm for his team , the school said no. Danny kept making a stink.  They finally gave him the opportunity to resign rather than firing him.  Cutting their nose off to spite their faces.  Theylll do the same shortly with Dabo.  Bring in some young bargain basement guy , and they’ll be back to low level ACC team for 10 plus years.  They just can’t stand a losing season.  

They’re  Always overachieving but not realizing it.  then when they have a normal year they  go nuclear.  Classic little dog syndrome.  

Not much has changed over the years. I went to an FSU/Clemson game in Tallahassee when Danny Ford was still the coach. It was a group of guys from work and I didn't care about either team, just a weekend away. The Clemson fans were the most rabid bunch of jerks I've ever run across at a sporting event. They slaughtered FSU. The game was basically over by half time. There were numerous fights in the stands where the Clempson fans came over to start trouble. Later that night we stopped at a Shoney's for a late night bite. There was an old gentleman and his wife with FSU shirts eating. A group of drunken young Clemson slobs walked up to their table and started taunting and threatening them. It was shocking. We went over and got into a hullabaloo with them One suggested they were packing heat, so we invited them outside to see who was the better shot. Once they got clear of the door they ran, I assume looking for another elderly couple. Since that time I've wished they would lose very game. I'm old and my memory sucks, but, that is burned into what little memory I have left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

Not much has changed over the years. I went to an FSU/Clemson game in Tallahassee when Danny Ford was still the coach. It was a group of guys from work and I didn't care about either team, just a weekend away. The Clemson fans were the most rabid bunch of jerks I've ever run across at a sporting event. They slaughtered FSU. The game was basically over by half time. There were numerous fights in the stands where the Clempson fans came over to start trouble. Later that night we stopped at a Shoney's for a late night bite. There was an old gentleman and his wife with FSU shirts eating. A group of drunken young Clemson slobs walked up to their table and started taunting and threatening them. It was shocking. We went over and got into a hullabaloo with them One suggested they were packing heat, so we invited them outside to see who was the better shot. Once they got clear of the door they ran, I assume looking for another elderly couple. Since that time I've wished they would lose very game. I'm old and my memory sucks, but, that is burned into what little memory I have left.

Oh yea. All fans can have a few of these. But the orange and purple , are majority this.  they boo their own team and coach when up 41-0 and the other team gets a field goal in the 4th.  I’ve seen it many times.  They’re so insecure they know that any scoring knocks them down in the polls. But that’s a product of a cupcake schedule/conference.  Just how it is. 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Listening to Denver sports talk radio this morning on the way to work. The shine is off “coach Prime” right now. People are finally waking up and opening their eyes and seeing what is really there. It’s a Hollywood team. Lots of glitz and glamor on the surface, and nothing of real substance. But the fans can transfer back onto the Broncos bandwagon this week. 

I’ve got a buddy that works with the Cal golf program. I was talking with him last week and he was saying that from what he has heard, Deion typically doesn’t even join the team during the week until Thursday. He’s pretty tied in to the Pac-12 sports world. Your post reminded me of the conversation. 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Oh yea. All fans can have a few of these. But the orange and purple , are majority this.  they boo their own team and coach when up 41-0 and the other team gets a field goal in the 4th.  I’ve seen it many times.  They’re so insecure they know that any scoring knocks them down in the polls. But that’s a product of a cupcake schedule/conference.  Just how it is. 

Yes, they are a real bunch of SC  "peaches".

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tatertot said:

eh ... not sure i had confidence in him to do something special at colorado this year, but the constant brash/flashy/brusque talk about everything under the sun makes me tune him out, and i genuinely enjoyed his commentary on the nfl shows ... you wanna be loud, then be loud ... doesn't entertain me, but that's my problem, i suppose ... you got a few games left ... "they suck, we're gonna replace them" isn't going to make someone play better ... but football coaches are pretentious and fos, more than most athletic coaches ... and i didn't hear anything about his son's dq or targeting call, though i heard about the other team's call a few games back ... 

The sharks are circling.  ND coming up next. I think Dabo needs to beat ND and the gamecocks to keep his job.  Definitely needs to beat one at least.  

https://www.on3.com/college/clemson-tigers/news/dabo-swinney-caller-salary-2023-season-justified-call-in-show/

LAB Mezz Max armlock