Got to hit the Titleist TSR driver

golfinbrad

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I was going to respond to your claims yesterday but I figured I'd drink the Kool-Aid and try these drivers myself first against my gamer for 3.5 years now; my Epic Flash SZ.

Results ?

The Poor Man

Frankly, unless you were exceptionally ill fit for your previous TS2 (or was it TSi2 ? No matter) there is virtually no way for you to pick up 5-7 mph and 15 yards of carry because of the driver (head).

Max COR/CT has been reached by the manufacturers for some 16(?) YEARS or so and afai am aware no shaft will pick up 5-7 mph for you either.

Can you pick up consistency from your new combo ? Sure. Hit the center of the face more often ? Absolutely.

Pick up 5-7/15 yards ? Sorry, don't see it.

Would love to hear from the boys on this ( @Valtiel, @Howard_Jones, @Stuart_G

Without a LM report, it will be guesswork, but yes, if lots of small parameters is off vs ideal fit, and those changes cause a change in delivery of the club head to the ball, we might see both better club speed/ ball speed, launch & spin values, who combined can stretch it the last 7-15 yards, but a LM compare will tell where it came from. (as example, "the same shaft" aint always "the same" when they are measured, so with both actual loft, and the actual heads COR value, Total wgt and balance....the summary of it all can deliver improvements like this, so both actual club specs and a LM report with compare is needed to point out what went down and why)

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Like 2

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

7 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I was going to respond to your claims yesterday but I figured I'd drink the Kool-Aid and try these drivers myself first against my gamer for 3.5 years now; my Epic Flash SZ.

Results ?

The Poor Man

Frankly, unless you were exceptionally ill fit for your previous TS2 (or was it TSi2 ? No matter) there is virtually no way for you to pick up 5-7 mph and 15 yards of carry because of the driver (head).

Max COR/CT has been reached by the manufacturers for some 16(?) YEARS or so and afai am aware no shaft will pick up 5-7 mph for you either.

Can you pick up consistency from your new combo ? Sure. Hit the center of the face more often ? Absolutely.

I’m not going to be a jerk about this.  Believe what you want.  I know what o have seen on both FS/Trackman and on course.   You’re forgetting shaft.   I’m not saying by previous shaft was I’ll fit.  But this one is a newer model and a completely different profile.    And yes CT limits in place.  But there are no limits on spin reduction.   

And it’s not just me. It’s been proven lin litterally hundreds of fittings I’ve seen or read on.  

And just so you know that I’m not a planted Titleist Hype Man read aboit my results with the FW so far.   Not great for me by any means. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

7 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Results ?

The Poor Man

Also I forgot to compliment your use of Meme.  One of my favorite all time scenes on a movie.  

And forgive as I know nothing of your background.  When you said you hit one of these.  Are you a fitter and the full range of shaft offerings from a Titleist. Or just pick one at random with a shaft that you have used before and like. 

If you are a full form fitter then I would be very surprised that you would give tbst “testing” any validity. If you’re not a fitter than you really have no basis to not belief my results or claims as you call them

Vokey

I've had the TSi3 / AV White 65X since it was launched a few years ago.  By far the best driver I have ever hit and for me a big improvement over my previous TS3.  I have never felt tempted to try anything different despite going all Ping in fairways and hybrids. Given all the positive feedback on TSR, yesterday  I tried the TSR3 on Trackman. It  was not an true apples vs apples comparison.  Same 9 deg head but it had the 1k Black 65x shaft.  My main impressions was that the TSR club face felt a little softer and quite a bit more forgiving than TSI3. With TSR I was getting consistent good ball speed across the face with misses compared to TSi3 and I was not swinging that great yesterday. I also really liked the 1k shaft - Feel like it's a little smoother and easier to load than then the AV Raw white 65X.  I will say that the very few I hit well with the TSI3 were very similar ball speeds to TSR so I get why folks are saying there is little difference if you are swinging well and hitting pure.  What was illustrative to me was that I was not swinging well and most of my bad swings and off center contacts  got more than Ok results with the TSR3.  For me that is justification enough to buy it.

As an aside I hit the TSR fairways - now full disclosure  I am a terrible fairway wood player - hence Ping fairways and hybrids in the bag.   Anyways I could not hit the TSR3 for crap.  TSR2 fairway was much  better but felt a bit hard.  No reason to change from my Ping.  I'd really like to try the TSR2+ just as a tee shot option but it was not available.  If that works I'll just live with my Ping 18 deg hybrid as my longest fairway club....

• Like 2

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

I think sometimes people forget that a proper fitting is managing your miss, opposed to just optimizing the flushed shots. 

Attended our National Fitting Centre yesterday. 

Tested against my Stealth + 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue.

Good for good, the Stealth and TSR2/3 produced similar numbers. However, my miss was so much better with the TSR2 as we took out some loft, which brought my spin numbers down drastically. Overall, I averaged 10 yards further, as my misses didn’t lose so much distance, while maintaining great numbers on well struck drives. 

could I have achieved the same results with a 9.5 Stealth + head ? Most likely, but I was at Titleist and loved the sound/shape. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Valtiel said:

IMO the substantial gains can come from a few places, but only one can really be attributed to legit tech advancements at this point, with others being different fit related variables and then the player related ones. If you have a well fit modern driver that is being struck solidly with a fairly consistent delivery then I agree that the substantial gains basically can't happen, but with some small caveats. Regardless, increased ball speed can only come from either increased swing speed, better/more "centered" contact, or a change in delivery conditions. 

From the tech side, increased ball speed on mishits is definitely a thing, and I can see across a larger sample size how someone could see bigger gains from that. You might argue that the SLDR for example can keep up any modern driver if properly fit, and even if that is true with pure strikes, the SLDR is going to lag way behind most current offerings if those strikes aren't grouped on the head of a thumbtack. I could easily see a well fit higher MOI model like the TSi2 or TSR2 showing those types of substantial gains across that large sample size over a less forgiving head. 

That leads to the poor fit angle though with just about any driver that is incorrectly setup for the player appearing to lag way behind the shiny new model that is better set up. You'll almost always see noticeable gains there, but obviously that isn't 1:1. What people need from a fit standpoint can change over time as well, especially the high percentage that have the ole' steep over the top slice issue. Those can be complete wild cards because their delivery alone can cause wide variations in distance and ball speed. One day they can square it up and achieve good numbers and a strong flight, while other days they're leaving the face wide open and spinning it off the planet while losing 30+ yards. They do that long enough and it's off to get a new driver that doesn't suck like this one that slices too much, and all it takes is squaring up a couple with the new driver to see instant big gains. Bonus points if a savvy fitter sees the guy's swing and takes a low lofted head and cranks it shut to help him square up a few to get those gains. 

Along with all that comes the things we don't see, stuff like the actual sweet spot location of the head and whether that is best suited to a player's strike pattern. Someone with a slightly heel side CG driver that has a toe miss for example will likely see immediate ball speed gains from a more toe side CG driver, especially across a larger sample size. Then you have actual loft vs. printed loft and how much that can vary and the true specs of the club in terms of weights (static, swing, MOI) and how those can influence delivery and clubhead speed. 

ALL of that is to say that I want a print out of every variable accounted for both from the club standpoint and from the launch monitor data standpoint before I believe any meaningful gain claims. The bigger the claim, the more I can guarantee there is something that can explain most if not all of it that isn't marketing fairy dust.  

Thanks for this. Pretty much you Howard and Sturart are all saying the same thing.  And maybe I didn’t go into excruciatingly detail on how many shots I hit and didn’t have a screen grab to post.   But yes over 25 or shots with each I did see those gains.  As you suggest. Most of it came on some misses.   

You will notice (and I don’t mean you personally) but readers in general, that I didn’t post anything about all of sudden hitting 275 yard drives when my previous long was 220.   But in fact I had a hamdful in the 225 to 230 range which I only reached maybe once or twice with the previous set up. 

so my longest May not be longer than my previously longest by 20 yards.  But more often an by a couple yards for sure. 

• Like 1

Vokey

On 9/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, playgolf111 said:

One simple question from a mid handicapper. SS around 90.

Do you really see a BIG DIFFERENT between the TSI2 and TSR2 Driver? Length, forgiveness?

I did. Both. 

• Like 1

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

13 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I’m not going to be a jerk about this.  Believe what you want.  I know what o have seen on both FS/Trackman and on course.   You’re forgetting shaft.   I’m not saying by previous shaft was I’ll fit.  But this one is a newer model and a completely different profile.    And yes CT limits in place.  But there are no limits on spin reduction.   

And it’s not just me. It’s been proven lin litterally hundreds of fittings I’ve seen or read on.  

And just so you know that I’m not a planted Titleist Hype Man read aboit my results with the FW so far.   Not great for me by any means. 

13 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Also I forgot to compliment your use of Meme.  One of my favorite all time scenes on a movie.  

And forgive as I know nothing of your background.  When you said you hit one of these.  Are you a fitter and the full range of shaft offerings from a Titleist. Or just pick one at random with a shaft that you have used before and like. 

If you are a full form fitter then I would be very surprised that you would give tbst “testing” any validity. If you’re not a fitter than you really have no basis to not belief my results or claims as you call them

Vinnie's one of my favorite movies as well but I've sen it so many times I'm kinda sorta tired of it.

So only a fitter can comment on results ?

I'm not forgetting anything. "Ill fit" covers all the elements of a properly fit driver.

FWIW, for me personally, averages don't make a whole lot of sense. And looking back at your 5-7 mph, 15 yard increase, I don't see any mention of whether those are averages or optimum strikes or any explanation to where those numbers came from.

Comparing averages doesn't make sense to me personally because if you mishit 1 or 2 (or more) it skews the results. I'm looking for the optimum carry and roll out.

That said, of course consistency in finding the SS and performance on "slight" misses are important as well. As are how often one find the SS and the "close enoughs". Hit it often enough outside of the close enoughs and I'm not using that club anyway, no matter how far the good strikes go.

Anywho, I took your #'s as optimum and, if so, I still can't see it.

And you'll note, I accounted for a less than optimum fit for your previous club. That would include any new shaft as if the shaft represents the difference the old shaft wasn't a good fit.

And as the other gents mentioned there could be some slight differences on where you're striking it, where the ss truly is, etc. but for the club (head ?) itself, no chance it's that much, if any, longer on center strikes.

It's not likely the shaft either IF your previous club was reasonably fir for you. I don't believe there's any shaft that would give you that much increase either, again, if the previous shaft was a good fit.

And it's likely not spin reduction either (another fitting factor btw). If Flightscope results have any validity, at our swing speed, the difference between 2000 RPM and 2800 RPM is a measly 2 yards (carry) @ about 130 mph ball speed and a nice high launch (16*).

And sorry if I offended you. My "I ain't buyin' it" was more "skeptical", rather than accusatory, and/or suggesting you're working for Titleist.

And if you can show me a link to those "hundreds" of guys who've "proven" your increases I'll be happy to take a look.

Enjoy your Sunday.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

12 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Vinnie's one of my favorite movies as well but I've sen it so many times I'm kinda sorta tired of it.

I'm not forgetting anything. "Ill fit" covers all the elements of a properly fit driver.

FWIW, for me personally, averages don't make a whole lot of sense. And looking back at your 5-7 mph, 15 yard increase, I don't see any mention of whether those are averages or optimum strikes or any explanation to where those numbers came from.

Comparing averages doesn't make sense to me personally because if you mishit 1 or 2 (or more) it skews the results. I'm looking for the optimum carry and roll out.

That said, of course consistency in finding the SS and performance on "slight" misses are important as well. As are how often one find the SS and the "close enoughs". Hit it often enough outside of the close enoughs and I'm not using that club anyway, no matter how far the good strikes go.

And you'll note, I accounted for a less than optimum fit for your previous club. That would include any new shaft as if the shaft represents the difference the old shaft wasn't a good fit.

And as the other gents mentioned there could be some slight differences on where you're striking it, where the ss truly is, etc. but for the club (head ?) itself, no chance it's that much, if any, longer on center strikes.

It's not likely the shaft either IF your previous club was reasonably fir for you. I don't believe there's any shaft that would give you that much increase either, again, if the previous shaft was a good fit.

And it's likely not spin reduction either (another fitting factor btw). If Flightscope results have any validity, at our swing speed, the difference between 2000 RPM and 2800 RPM is a measly 2 yards (carry) @ about 130 mph ball speed and a nice high launch (16*).

And sorry if I offended you. My "I ain't buyin' it" was more "skeptical", rather than accusatory, and/or suggesting you're working for Titleist.

And if you can show me a link to those "hundreds" of guys who've "proven" your increases I'll be happy to take a look.

Enjoy your Sunday.

First I never tire of Vinny. And I’ve seen parts of over 100 times. Maybe only 3-4 in it’s entirety.  But it’s one of those movies if I flip my while surfing.  I will stop for A few minutes. 

I wasn’t offended at all.  If anything I was  just trying to ask if you had actually been through a fitting or witnessed any with the TSR rather than judt the “old grumpy guy fall back of impossible”. Not saying that’s you.  But there is that modest pot there.  I have a teaching friend who refuses to buy a LM or any sort saying numbers lie but his eyes never do.  While I can understand to a point where he’s coming from.  I think a combination of both proves most useful.  

And as for only fitters can comment. Didn’t meant to intend that at all.  While I’m not a full time fitter. I have completed the fitting programs by most OEM…Hey how bout that —as Homer Simpson would say😬—but more importantly I have worked with and learned from many of the fitters from the OEM and got to spend a day with Ian Frasier who I was really enlightening.  So I feel I am very capable in the fitting element.  Not nearly as good as many but know a bit more than most average golfers. 

As to il fit.  I think I was fit to the best of my ability then.   I honestly dont recall many of my numbers or stars. But I do know the gains I had in that TSi fitting weee minimal over my TS fitting.    So mick so that I didn’t order a new driver at the time.  

Mu swing has changed some over the last two years.  Not much but a bit less out to in.  Which of course will account for some spin reduction as well. 

The gains I mention were averages with any bad outliers tsken pot on both drivers.   I feel average is a better guaage than the optimal.  How many times during a round do is average joes hit the optimal SS.  Not often.   Every fitter I have gone too and learned under use the above method.   After all as.we all know the limits on CT will mainly be reached on pure strikes.  So it’s those Moses and near misses that really do count.   

The hundreds I mentioned are complied of weeks of reading and from the test results at TPI from their reps.  They didn’t publish the data but talked about the gains across the board publicly.   Discount that if you will.  But Titleist isn’t a company prone to putting out outrageous claims.   But of course I understand if they have verifiable numbers. Why not put them out there 

Like all new clubs. Only time on the course over the next few months will tell me if these gains are true and lasting.  I’m fortunate to play the same course multiple times a week, so I know when my drives are reaching uncharted territory or lagging on the back of the bus. 

i appreciate your comments and knowledge. It’s always intending the discussions that come out of new launches. 

Enjoy yours as well. 

Vokey

18 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Enjoy your Sunday.

how do you like the Hzrdus CB Red shaft? higher launch/spin? 

Got to test the TSR2 and TSR3, both at 10* both with the Tensei 1K 65 for about and hour, and then again head to head against my TSI2 and Hzdrus Yellow HC 63g the next day. Amazing!

Easily 10 yds plus on avg CARRY! But when I get the center of the TSR3, it's another 10 yds thereafter.

I even got to put my Hzrdus into the TSR3. Fantastic! The Tensei and the Hzrdus feel very similar with the former feeling a bit smoother.

Both the TSR2 and TSR3 look and sound fantastically similar.

For me, the TSR2 wasn't more forgiving than the TSR3. Higher launch but I also had a harder time finding the middle of the face with it. My dispersion with the TSR3 was noticeably tighter (front to back and left to right), and I will admit that I'm not a great driver of the ball. I started the second test thinking I had the TSR3 in my hands and was struggling with it a bit. I was about to write if off when I learned it was in fact the TSR2 9*. Got the 3 into my hands and it because clear to me that this was the driver I needed!

I did find that the TSR2 is more forgiving than the TSi2. Less penal around the face. However I find that TSR3 to be even more so even with a more penetrating flight. My misses are usually high toe with the rare low heel which Titleist states are reinforced specifically. And, I also feel like I can swing it a bit faster with less effort. For me, TSR3 all the way. My mis-hits go as far as the TSR2. But center face goes further than the TSR2.

The conclusion: I traded in my TSi2 (with the stock shaft) immediately and picked up a TSR3 with the Tensei 1K 65. I get exactly the same numbers with either Tensei or Hzrdus shaft so that's a coin flip.

Edited by sshadow2

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Over the weekend I hit the TSr3 and my current gamer, the TSi3.  I have the Ventus Blue TR 6S shaft and swapped that into the TSr3 for testing.

Overall, the ball speed was up about 2mph on the R3, spin was within 200 revs and launch was a teensy bit higher.  Carry and roll out were within 3 yards.  Not enough of a difference to warrant a new club.  I'll test again another day and most likely try the R2.

That being said, the feel on center hits on the R3 was better than center hits on my I3 🙂 

On 9/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I just read your fitting post above.   Very well done and written.   I thnk you have found a winner as well based on the comments.   I am intriqued by the UB shaft, especially since you said it fits between the IZ and the DI, and I have both those as well as an XC 6S which I must have picked up in a moment of extreme overconfidence....Ha     I tried the DI in the TSR2 yesteerday, and it was really good.  I got a much higher flight than the the stock  HZRDUS Red 6.0 that I was fit for intiially.   Didn't have a great swing yesterday and no LM so can't give any real numbers on it, but I liked the what I saw of it in the air. 

Yep, to the point of some of the posts on this thread, the ball speed gains on TSR3 vs the TSI3 are largely due to the better center strikes I was making with the head/shaft combo I dialed into. The big caveat is that my TSI3 setup, while a fantastic performer for me this last ~2 years (~80% FIR), was via a self-fitted shaft/head combo.

The UB shaft the fitter put me into just fits my swing better than the Ventus Red that I put in myself. Higher peak, better spin window, and the fitter was accounting for my miss (occasional left miss). I've just never gotten along with the DI shaft, as many times as I've tried it, the IZ was an option, but the UB just clicked for me. I'm looking forward to getting it and seeing the on course results. As much as I know about all this stuff, there was a better option that produced better launch numbers for me. It's not some magical +4mph of ballspeed out of nowhere. 

Good luck with your testing! 

• Like 2

Audi A-Fore

Titleist TSR3 10* (D4), GD UB-6S

Cobra LTDx 15* HZRDUS Blue S (@ 16* )
TM M2 18*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S
Titleist 816 21*, Tensei Blue S
Mizuno 223 Nippon Modus 105s (5-GW)

Titleist Vokey 54*
Titleist Vokey Gunblue 58* M Grind, 58* Low Bounce K
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1.5 (2010), On the Bench: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

1 hour ago, sshadow2 said:

Got to test the TSR2 and TSR3, both at 10* both with the Tensei 1K 65 for about and hour, and then again head to head against my TSI2 and Hzdrus Yellow HC 63g the next day. Amazing!

Easily 10 yds plus on avg CARRY! But when I get the center of the TSR3, it's another 10 yds thereafter.

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

On center strikes, compared to your current TSi2, the TSR2 is 10 yards longer on carry and the TSR3 is 20 yards longer on carry; all with the same shafts.

That about right ?

TIA

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

On center strikes, compared to your current TSi2, the TSR2 is 10 yards longer on carry and the TSR3 is 20 yards longer on carry; all with the same shafts.

That about right ?

TIA

Your disbelief is pretty thick my friend.

To clarify, I'm getting 10yds no matter what with the TSR2 and TSR3. Most of my hits were similar but my dispersion with the TSR3 was better. Center strikes with the TSR3 is another 10 yds for me. I hit about 60 times the first day, 30 the second day including about 10 with with my own driver not including warming up.

To put it another way, my ball speed went up about 4mph compared to my TSi2 on avg. I got up to around 8mph with center hits on the TSR3. (highest ballspeed with TSi2 for me was 142. Highest ballspeed for me with TSR3 was 150). My swing speed is about 102-104. Efficiency generally is about 1.47. I found the center of the face on the TSR3 more consistently as well.

Reports say to expect about 1-2 mph better ball speed than last gen. I'm just stating what was for me.

I'm not a long hitter so this shouldn't be a big deal. I'm just pointing out that these drivers are better for me. Not necessarily saying its all face tech, but these heads definitely move through the air better than before.

Edited by sshadow2
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

My quick take is this on the TSR3 looks awesome, sounds awesome, feels awesome off the face, sw felt very light to the point I didn’t always feel like I knew where the club was in the swing. Toe weight set in last position was a plus for me. 

I only got to try it with the hzrdus 4g shaft but as far as playability it was no different then my ping 410 with Ventus blue 6x.

don't sleep on the TSR4,i grabbed one yesterday an headed to the course ,it was empty so i was able to hit alot of tee balls i had my Cobra ltdx with me for comparison not exact but i will say the forgiveness was not far off with the TSR4 .....There were a couple that i hit both really good drives with an the TSR4 was ahead of the cobra 

• Like 2

What is the stock head weight on the tsr3?

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

1 hour ago, bogey777 said:

don't sleep on the TSR4,i grabbed one yesterday an headed to the course ,it was empty so i was able to hit alot of tee balls i had my Cobra ltdx with me for comparison not exact but i will say the forgiveness was not far off with the TSR4 .....There were a couple that i hit both really good drives with an the TSR4 was ahead of the cobra 

Did you do the TSR4 setup or the "TSR3.5" (swap the front and back weights) as they've called it? 

• Like 1

Audi A-Fore

Titleist Vokey 54*
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1.5 (2010), On the Bench: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

4 hours ago, sshadow2 said:

Your disbelief is pretty thick my friend.

To clarify, I'm getting 10yds no matter what with the TSR2 and TSR3. Most of my hits were similar but my dispersion with the TSR3 was better. Center strikes with the TSR3 is another 10 yds for me. I hit about 60 times the first day, 30 the second day including about 10 with with my own driver not including warming up.

To put it another way, my ball speed went up about 4mph compared to my TSi2 on avg. I got up to around 8mph with center hits on the TSR3. (highest ballspeed with TSi2 for me was 142. Highest ballspeed for me with TSR3 was 150). My swing speed is about 102-104. Efficiency generally is about 1.47. I found the center of the face on the TSR3 more consistently as well.

Reports say to expect about 1-2 mph better ball speed than last gen. I'm just stating what was for me.

I'm not a long hitter so this shouldn't be a big deal. I'm just pointing out that these drivers are better for me. Not necessarily saying its all face tech, but these heads definitely move through the air better than before.

I have no idea what "Your disbelief is pretty thick my friend" means. Never heard that expression.

That aside, you're saying "Yes", yes ?

Over your TSi2, 10 yards further carry with the TSR2, and 20 yards more carry with the TSR3.

Got it. Thanks. 👍

Titleist Pro V1X

18 hours ago, Audi A-Fore said:

Did you do the TSR4 setup or the "TSR3.5" (swap the front and back weights) as they've called it? 

good question i did flip the weights back an fourth an actually liked the heavier weight in the front which is suppose to be less forgiving but it felt great with ALOT of roll out 

loving this driver!! gained about 10 yards with better launch angle and lower spin (coming from an old 905S).  the off-center hits is definitely where it shines.  clearly in a honeymoon period but hope this lasts! tons of confidence

• Like 1

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍

Titleist TSR3 9.0* w/ Ventus Black 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* w/ Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSR3 19* w/ Ventus HB Blue 8s

Titleist T200 4-iron w/ Axiom 105x

Artisan LS 720HM 5-PW w/ Modus 115x

Artisan 50*, 56* w/ TT DGS S200

Vokey WW 60* LB-K w/ TT DGS S200

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Two

9 hours ago, mj2936 said:

Is TSR3 really that much an upgrade over TSI3? The TSR2 vs TSI2 or even the TSR4 looks very different but not sure about the 3

No question Titleist has been changes made with the new R line.  However, upgrade all depends on what you are coming from and how that club fits you.  If you current gamer is fairly recent and you get ideal numbers, I'm not sure any can say without a doubt there is an upgrade to you current.  I do think companies are now focusing more on how mishits perform vs the ideal strike.

• Thanks 1

Stopped by golf town and quickly hit the tsr3 and tsr4. Love the feel of both of them. Need to hit them with my ball and do a few adjustments. Definitely potential there to replace the cobra ltdx ls. 

I think a 8* head bumped up a touch in loft would be about perfect for me 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

@mj2936- I would say no for TSI3 to TSR3, the only real difference I could see was ball speed across the face being more consistent on the TSR3. The look, sound, feel, and performance are virtually identical. 

• Like 1

Audi A-Fore

Titleist Vokey 54*

16 minutes ago, Audi A-Fore said:

@mj2936- I would say no for TSI3 to TSR3, the only real difference I could see was ball speed across the face being more consistent on the TSR3. The look, sound, feel, and performance are virtually identical. 

I would agree. I did get some yards when testing out the tsr3 vs my TSI3, but thats more due do my swing changes over the last 2 years, so i could probely get the same yards with my TSI3 if i messing around with the settings on the hosel 

I do think the tsr3 sounds much nicer though. Alot more of a muted Sound in my opinion