2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

5 hours ago, JourdanM said:

It's an incredible line. I put the LST driver in play today bc I'm a psychopath and my goodness, what a driver head that is. 

2 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Mine comes in tomorrow can’t wait to get it on the course 

The LST is just so good.

I was out at the GolfWRX Fujikura testing earlier this week. We were playing with the Fujikura guys, and I had both heads with me. I was struggling badly with my G430 Max head on the front 9. It’s super forgiving, but something just wasn’t working for me at all that day.

For the back 9, I unscrewed the Max, popped on the LST, and it was like a light switched. Night and day difference. All of a sudden I was hitting long (for me), fairway-finding fades. Something about it just suits my eye — I want as much forgiveness as possible, but what I’ve found is that the LST is more forgiving in the real world because for whatever reason I hit it better, and therefore the misses are better.

That was enough for me, the decision is made. No more bouncing back and forth. I’m keeping the LST and playing it this year.

For what it’s worth, lots of the Fujikura guys are playing the G430 LST. They obviously know their gear, and that’s what they’ve chosen.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

5 minutes ago, eric61 said:

The LST is just so good.

I was out at the GolfWRX Fujikura testing earlier this week. We were playing with the Fujikura guys, and I had both heads with me. I was struggling badly with my G430 Max head on the front 9. It’s super forgiving, but something just wasn’t working for me at all that day.

For the back 9, I unscrewed the Max, popped on the LST, and it was like a light switched. Night and day difference. All of a sudden I was hitting long (for me), fairway-finding fades. Something about it just suits my eye — I want as much forgiveness as possible, but what I’ve found is that the LST is more forgiving in the real world because for whatever reason I hit it better, and therefore the misses are better.

That was enough for me, the decision is made. No more bouncing back and forth. I’m keeping the LST and playing it this year.

For what it’s worth, lots of the Fujikura guys are playing the G430 LST. They obviously know their gear, and that’s what they’ve chosen.

That’s awesome I saw your name as a winner and was pumped for you! What shaft you liking with the LST? 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

20 minutes ago, agood3putt said:

That’s awesome I saw your name as a winner and was pumped for you! What shaft you liking with the LST? 

Thank you! It was awesome. They fitted me into a Ventus TR Blue 6X, so as soon as it arrives that’s what I’m going to roll with for the year. I want to try to avoid experimenting all summer and just stick with what the experts told me would work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Thank you! It was awesome. They fitted me into a Ventus TR Blue 6X, so as soon as it arrives that’s what I’m going to roll with for the year. I want to try to avoid experimenting all summer and just stick with what the experts told me would work.

That’s awesome! If I wasn’t such a MCA sucker that def would be one on my list to try! 

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just now, agood3putt said:

That’s awesome! If I wasn’t such a MCA sucker that def would be one on my list to try! 

I’ve been thinking the Tensei 1K Orange would be an awesome match if you want to go the MCA route. Should knock a couple swing weight points off with the counterbalance, which helps with the heavier Ping heads.

Another shaft I really like with Ping heads, if there’s anybody out there looking for something higher launch, is the Graphite Design Tour AD VR. It’s got an ever so slightly higher balance point than other Graphite Design stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I’ve been thinking the Tensei 1K Orange would be an awesome match if you want to go the MCA route. Should knock a couple swing weight points off with the counterbalance, which helps with the heavier Ping heads.

Another shaft I really like with Ping heads, if there’s anybody out there looking for something higher launch, is the Graphite Design Tour AD VR. It’s got an ever so slightly higher balance point than other Graphite Design stuff.

Diamana GT is on my radar love it in the g425 7W I have. Plus the 1k Pro Blue 

but the Ping Tour Black 2.0 65x is so good (blasphemy I know)

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just now, agood3putt said:

Diamana GT is on my radar love it in the g425 7W I have. Plus the 1k Pro Blue 

but the Ping Tour Black 2.0 65x is so good (blasphemy I know)

It really is good! It’s a great stock shaft. Honestly as a low-low stock shaft, in terms of stuff new this year, I like it so much better than the Tensei 1K Black.

Can’t wait to see what people think of the 1K Pro Blue. 

• Like 1

So after testing plenty of drivers and finally settling on the G430 LST

I have had a couple of awesome driving rounds under my belt. For anyone wanting to bring down launch and spin, I have not hit anything better. The flight I get from the LST I have never been able to hit in my life. 

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

6 hours ago, craz-e said:

So after testing plenty of drivers and finally settling on the G430 LST

I have had a couple of awesome driving rounds under my belt. For anyone wanting to bring down launch and spin, I have not hit anything better. The flight I get from the LST I have never been able to hit in my life. 

And yet I had an opposite experience. I paired a Ventus Red with the LST at 10.5 turn down 1° and I’ve never had so many high towering draws in my life. Firmly in the bag.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 12:17 AM, TonyRo said:

Counterbalanced shafts move some weight of the shaft away from the tip and further up towards your hands. Getting into why someone would want this can be a little trickier - golfwrx has quite a few threads detailing the opinions and possible reasons why someone would want a shaft like this in a driver for instance. 

Okay, thanks for that explanation. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9 degree, Tour chrome 2.0 65 stiff

Fairway: Ping G430 3 metal, Tour chrome 2.0 75 stiff

Hybrid: Ping G430 3 hybrid, Tour chrome 2.0 85 stiff

Irons: Wilson Dynapower 5-SW, UST Mamiya Recoil Dart stiff 65

Wedge: Cobra snakebite 2023 black full face 58 degree, 125 stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Corza Ghost Tour

Ball: white, round with dimples

18 hours ago, mantan said:

I ended up with a G430 Max after trying every single driver in my fitting session. It was an easy choice. It was so good that I called to schedule another session to do fairway woods.  He said he could book the fitting....or just cut to the chase because the fairway wood was a no brainer if if I loved the driver.  Got it ordered with the same shaft and should have it next week.

I did something similar but just hit 2 balls with the 3 metal after the driver, both dead straight, felt everybit as good as the driver. 2 hits and I was sold. 

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9 degree, Tour chrome 2.0 65 stiff

Fairway: Ping G430 3 metal, Tour chrome 2.0 75 stiff

Hybrid: Ping G430 3 hybrid, Tour chrome 2.0 85 stiff

Irons: Wilson Dynapower 5-SW, UST Mamiya Recoil Dart stiff 65

Wedge: Cobra snakebite 2023 black full face 58 degree, 125 stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Corza Ghost Tour

Ball: white, round with dimples

Took the LST Tour Black 2.065x out for its maiden voyage today. Last hole of the day par 4 plays 404 my drive landed 60 yards short. Breeze behind me but still amazed at the distance and forgiveness of it. Just doesn’t want to go left 

• Like 2

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Anyone try using a lighter weight in the G430 LST?  I’ve been testing the G430 LST with the Tour 2.0 Black 65X.  Have been completely happy with it till I got a TSR3 to test.  Immediately I saw a jump in swing speed and ball speed. Swinging the club just feels effortless compared to the G430.

G430 LST 10.5* turned down to 9* averages 175-179mph ball speed, 11-12* launch, spin in the 2000-2200 range, 117-120 club head speed.  Every now and then I would squeeze a 180mph ball speed out of it, but not consistently.

In comes the TSR3, 9* head at standard loft, 179-184mph ball speed, 12-14* launch, spin in the 2000-2300 range, 119-125 club head speed.  10-15 yard total gain over the G430 and more consistent both in distance and direction.

So I started digging into each build, both have 65x shafts, same grips, TSR is 1/4” longer but TSR3 total build weight is about 10 grams lighter, all of which can be accounted for in the head.  TSR3 = 196 grams, G430 = 206 grams.  Anyone think dropping the rear weight from the stock 22 grams to 11 grams making each club basically identical from a total weight standpoint would gain back the lost ball/club speed?

Driver:  

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, jblough99 said:

Anyone try using a lighter weight in the G430 LST?  I’ve been testing the G430 LST with the Tour 2.0 Black 65X.  Have been completely happy with it till I got a TSR3 to test.  Immediately I saw a jump in swing speed and ball speed. Swinging the club just feels effortless compared to the G430.

G430 LST 10.5* turned down to 9* averages 175-179mph ball speed, 11-12* launch, spin in the 2000-2200 range, 117-120 club head speed.  Every now and then I would squeeze a 180mph ball speed out of it, but not consistently.

In comes the TSR3, 9* head at standard loft, 179-184mph ball speed, 12-14* launch, spin in the 2000-2300 range, 119-125 club head speed.  10-15 yard total gain over the G430 and more consistent both in distance and direction.

So I started digging into each build, both have 65x shafts, same grips, TSR is 1/4” longer but TSR3 total build weight is about 10 grams lighter, all of which can be accounted for in the head.  TSR3 = 196 grams, G430 = 206 grams.  Anyone think dropping the rear weight from the stock 22 grams to 11 grams making each club basically identical from a total weight standpoint would gain back the lost ball/club speed?

I’ve tried it. I have a 15 gram but when I do something just doesn’t feel right. I went with the 1K Orange and knocked almost 3 points off (actually kept same SW but went 1/2” longer). Anyway it changes something for me enough that every time I have tried it before a round on the range I immediately switch back. Maybe I should give it more time but I’m very happy with a heavy head for now. 

• Like 1

Snuck out for a quick 9 holes earlier. After finally settling on the LST (lots of drivers purchased) and getting it dialled in, I managed to hit 7/7 fairways. It’s been a long while since I have had this amount of confidence in a driver 

• Like 3

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

It's intriguing to see all of the g430 LST love in here. For those now playing g430, did any of you come from g410 LST?  Any comparisons. 

I played g410 LST a couple years ago and it performed pretty well. For me it launched just a hair low with more spin than sim2, so I made the switch chasing distance. I've certainly seen a drop in fairways hit though. 

Really considering a move back to g410 LST, but wondering if there is a noticeable difference with g430 LST? Is there really a difference in toe hit performance with g430. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

On 6/2/2023 at 9:50 PM, eric61 said:

The LST is just so good.

I've always been a max guy, but a friend suggested I try the LST. I'm so glad he did. It's so forgiving, so accurate, and a little flatter flight for me. Has (so far) taken the hook out of play for me, but I'm able to dial up a big sweeping draw on command. 

TR Blue 6s is just perfect with it( put a 5g lighter weight in to normalize the SW) 

love it! Glad it's dialed for you too!

• Like 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

15 minutes ago, bjno1300 said:

Would it be a viable 4 wood option? Thanks! 

IMO yes, for sure 

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

So people reducing weight went down about 5-7 grams? Thought I read it somewhere but can't find it in the search function. Have the max and thinking of going from the 25 weight to 19. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

52 minutes ago, boycer said:

So people reducing weight went down about 5-7 grams? Thought I read it somewhere but can't find it in the search function. Have the max and thinking of going from the 25 weight to 19. 

I did 5 when I put ventus in either head and it was perfect for me 

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

44 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

Not to threadjack, but does anyone know the reasonable explanation of why the stock Alta CB shaft in the G430 driver is 45 3/4” and all the other stock shafts are 45 1/4”???? I know it’s only 1/2” but why is it like this?

It's counter balanced. The non counter balanced shafts are shorter to maintain a similar swing weight.