2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

23 minutes ago, JourdanM said:

Sooo anyone have a 9* max they want to trade for a 10.5 LST? 😵‍💫

Not a lefty, are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

This Driver never stops impressing me 

Have Max and LST both 10.5

LST protects my toe miss So much better and dispersion is down

but it can get knuckly for me too many times to play it for now....

The Max is ridcidulous - Long and Accurate - the ball explodes - Very forgiving 

How is this not the category killer for 2023 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:09 AM, bryanwmilburn said:

Played with two D1 sticks over the weekend and both are gaming the Ping G430 LST. Both cited the forgiveness and keeping it in play but being still low spin as reasons why they and a few other teammates game it. Loving my TSR3 but seriously considering grabbing one just to try 😄

I've tested both the G430 LST and the TSR3 and the TSR3 wins easily in the ball speed department, 3-4 MPH consistently vs the Ping.  

As far as forgiveness, I think they are both pretty comparable with a slight edge to the Ping.

Looks department is no contest, TSR3 all day and twice on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Still rocking and loving the 430 LST. Last few rounds I have been pleasantly surprised by the forgiveness. The heel side is not a side I normally miss on but I have managed to test this area (purely for the benefit of this thread) and found there to be hardly any drop off in overall distance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

I tried both the LST and the Max at the beginning of the year. I ended up keeping the Max. After a couple months playing it I can confidently say it is the best combination of distance and forgiveness I’ve ever played with in a driver. I’m hitting the ball further than I ever have. 

Don’t get me wrong. When I put a bad swing on it the club doesn’t possess superpowers but I can’t see myself swapping it out over the next few years. 

• Like 4

Have only had one range session with the g430 max 10.5°(first round is tomorrow) and tested back to back with my g425 max 9° and it is noticeably more forgiving. Not to mention sound and feel is loads better. Can’t say on distance yet but it is at least equal to the 425. My miss is a heel strike and it would have stayed in play. Definitely excited for tomorrow and will report back. Really looking forward to playing this driver.

WITB

Ping G430 max 10.5° w/ Ventus blue 70x

Cobra Darkspeed 4 wood w/ 

Kai'li white 70X

Cobra Darkspeed 20° hybrid w/ hzrdus gen4 black 90X

Cobra King tour 4-w with KBS C-taper 130X

Vokey SM9s 50,54,60

Bettinardi inovi 6.0 hive skull and bones

-prov1x

6 hours ago, Eagleman said:

Have only had one range session with the g430 max 10.5°(first round is tomorrow) and tested back to back with my g425 max 9° and it is noticeably more forgiving. Not to mention sound and feel is loads better. Can’t say on distance yet but it is at least equal to the 425. My miss is a heel strike and it would have stayed in play. Definitely excited for tomorrow and will report back. Really looking forward to playing this driver.

Enjoy. G430 Max has been amazing for me all season long.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘23 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter

I'm 2 months in with the max, dropped back weight to 20g and had to put it in the heel when I've been in neutral forever. From there, there's a lot of just point and shoot which is weird because I'm normally point and hope. Avg distance is up 11m from the 410 and that's purely from the toe miss relatively staying on the planet

• Like 2

Hit a G430 LST, currently play M2

Absolute piss missile, I wanted to try it out for its forgiveness and see how much shorter it was than my TM or Cobra LTDxLS

Longest total drive with was 350

furthest I’ve hit with the any previous driver ever was 342 in the same simulator/same conditions 

Just impressed how long the forgiving driver is. It sits well on the ground as well. 

Oh My God Wow GIF

• Like 3

I don’t know what to do. I have some weirdly rigged tsr3 8.0 with the kbs shaft tipped perfectly and I get really good numbers with it but it’s slightly less forgiving than the ping lst 9.0. I’m going to go find a monitor tomorrow and settle this. I think the best combo will be the lst with the nemysys. We’ll see. For some reason the kbs driver shaft which I’ve been told doesn’t really sell or work for anyone provides enough spin and launch to pair with a lower loft head which might help nudge ball speed. No clue. My golf course scores are better with the ping but come on I can’t leave yards on the table. Need to find a setup to nudge some velocity out of the ping. Anyone have any good recs?

44 minutes ago, zeke66 said:

I don’t know what to do. I have some weirdly rigged tsr3 8.0 with the kbs shaft tipped perfectly and I get really good numbers with it but it’s slightly less forgiving than the ping lst 9.0. I’m going to go find a monitor tomorrow and settle this. I think the best combo will be the lst with the nemysys. We’ll see. For some reason the kbs driver shaft which I’ve been told doesn’t really sell or work for anyone provides enough spin and launch to pair with a lower loft head which might help nudge ball speed. No clue. My golf course scores are better with the ping but come on I can’t leave yards on the table. Need to find a setup to nudge some velocity out of the ping. Anyone have any good recs?

Swap out the rear weight for a lighter one.  Would help bring up the swing speed a bit without affecting forgiveness.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

So I have two more range sessions and two rounds with the 10.5 g430 max, with a graphite design Ad-IZ 60x. 

for me, this driver is absolutely amazing. First time that I can remember I kept the ball in play for every tee shot. And the misses still left me on the planet. I am usually good for sending At least one to never never land. As far as distance, I believe it’s very similar to my old gamer(g425 9° w/ Ventus blue 70x) but I haven’t been able to get on a monitor to see. I am going to play with the settings, to maybe lower the ballflight a bit and get more role out.

WITB

Ping G430 max 10.5° w/ Ventus blue 70x

Cobra Darkspeed 4 wood w/ 

Kai'li white 70X

Cobra Darkspeed 20° hybrid w/ hzrdus gen4 black 90X

Cobra King tour 4-w with KBS C-taper 130X

Vokey SM9s 50,54,60

Bettinardi inovi 6.0 hive skull and bones

-prov1x

28 minutes ago, Eagleman said:

So I have two more range sessions and two rounds with the 10.5 g430 max, with a graphite design Ad-IZ 60x. 

for me, this driver is absolutely amazing. First time that I can remember I kept the ball in play for every tee shot. And the misses still left me on the planet. I am usually good for sending At least one to never never land. As far as distance, I believe it’s very similar to my old gamer(g425 9° w/ Ventus blue 70x) but I haven’t been able to get on a monitor to see. I am going to play with the settings, to maybe lower the ballflight a bit and get more role out.

I went back to the max yesterday, with ventus Tr blue 6s, and it is a machine. Fairway after fairway, great sound and feel. Love it. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

Set up question...I found a good deal on a 1K orange for my LST on ebay but it's a 50s. I've been wanting to try a lighter shaft. I have the Chrome 6s in my LST now and am coming from a TSi3 with Ventus Blue 6s. I also have a -5g wt to test with. With a 50s shaft will that mean I want to keep the head heavier with the counterweight shaft or still play around with lightening the head? I'll play around and see what feels best but curious what the clubfitter gurus would say about this. 

1 hour ago, taoslcl said:

Set up question...I found a good deal on a 1K orange for my LST on ebay but it's a 50s. I've been wanting to try a lighter shaft. I have the Chrome 6s in my LST now and am coming from a TSi3 with Ventus Blue 6s. I also have a -5g wt to test with. With a 50s shaft will that mean I want to keep the head heavier with the counterweight shaft or still play around with lightening the head? I'll play around and see what feels best but curious what the clubfitter gurus would say about this. 

Try both. The 1K orange barely provides counterbalanced setup. 

I think I’ve finally got the 430LST dialed the way I want it. After some experimenting, I’ve now got a 14g back weight with a pro orange 65tx playing 45.25 in the LST on flat setting. I recently switched to exclusively hitting a cut off the tee and the LST is perfect for that, keeping spin low on mishits and keeping toe hits in bounds. I was hitting automatic 295-305 carry shots at a father-son tourney all weekend. Tip of the cap to Ping on this driver release. 

• Like 4

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

I have been hitting the LST so well I initially wanted to go aftermarket for a shaft. I have the 10.5 with the Tour 2.0 Black 65x and I’ve never hit a driver as straight or as long before. I don’t even want to touch the combo the ping shaft is that good. As @ScottHutch2 mentioned hats off to PING

• Like 3

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

6 hours ago, agood3putt said:

I have been hitting the LST so well I initially wanted to go aftermarket for a shaft. I have the 10.5 with the Tour 2.0 Black 65x and I’ve never hit a driver as straight or as long before. I don’t even want to touch the combo the ping shaft is that good. As @ScottHutch2 mentioned hats off to PING

I actually hit the stock Kaili White with a 9.0 head really well, better than any other driver I’ve ever hit. 

Edited by PlatinumNike
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PlatinumNike said:

I actually hit the stock Kaili White with a 9.0 head really well, better than any other driver I’ve ever hit. 

Its a great combo!

• Like 1

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

I’m a high spin player and have been playing a rogue ST Triple diamond (non-LS, but quite a bit of hot melt forward to reduce spin), but recently I have been struggling with driver and some extra forgiveness may be useful.

Has anyone come from callaway to the 430 LST driver? I tried the 410 (just the regular not the max or lst) and didn’t get along with it at all and almost immediately went back to my epic, and I am wondering if this one may work better? I need forgiveness but almost every Max driver (or even the max LS’s) spin too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NNJ said:

I’m a high spin player and have been playing a rogue ST Triple diamond (non-LS, but quite a bit of hot melt forward to reduce spin), but recently I have been struggling with driver and some extra forgiveness may be useful.

Has anyone come from callaway to the 430 LST driver? I tried the 410 (just the regular not the max or lst) and didn’t get along with it at all and almost immediately went back to my epic, and I am wondering if this one may work better? I need forgiveness but almost every Max driver (or even the max LS’s) spin too much.

I came from a Rogue ST TD LS 9* with Tour AD UB 6X 

I am a high spin player too and haven’t got along with any of the previous PING drivers. I love the sound/feel of the 430 LST. I hit the TD far but my misses were severely punished. I also think I hit the 430 farther and straighter than the TD. 

Currently gaming 10.5* 430 LST, std length, std loft/back weight settings, Tour 2.0 Black 65x (105 SS)

I don’t think you’ll regret trying it. I would say if you can test both 9 and 10.5 heads. The 10.5 (it may be placebo) but feels like it’s more forgiving than the 9

• Like 2

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

10 minutes ago, agood3putt said:

I came from a Rogue ST TD LS 9* with Tour AD UB 6X 

I am a high spin player too and haven’t got along with any of the previous PING drivers. I love the sound/feel of the 430 LST. I hit the TD far but my misses were severely punished. I also think I hit the 430 farther and straighter than the TD. 

Currently gaming 10.5* 430 LST, std length, std loft/back weight settings, Tour 2.0 Black 65x (105 SS)

I don’t think you’ll regret trying it. I would say if you can test both 9 and 10.5 heads. The 10.5 (it may be placebo) but feels like it’s more forgiving than the 9

Awesome. I have the icrossover 3 with the tour 2.0 chrome shaft and love it, so was definitely interested in testing out the 2.0 black shaft as well. It’s tough to test out here without paying some money (except at golf galaxy/pga tour ss and I’m convinced they have rigged the monitors to inflate distance) but I think it may be worth it as this seems like the most loved generation of ping drivers since the 400s.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NNJ said:

Awesome. I have the icrossover 3 with the tour 2.0 chrome shaft and love it, so was definitely interested in testing out the 2.0 black shaft as well. It’s tough to test out here without paying some money (except at golf galaxy/pga tour ss and I’m convinced they have rigged the monitors to inflate distance) but I think it may be worth it as this seems like the most loved generation of ping drivers since the 400s.

Ya I’d agree. I bought it blindly and it’s the first golf purchase of 1,000 that actually worked 

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

7 hours ago, NNJ said:

I have owned both the triple diamond and the G430 LST at the same time. The LST is still in the bag, just gives me more consistency. 

• Like 2

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

1 hour ago, craz-e said:

I have owned both the triple diamond and the G430 LST at the same time. The LST is still in the bag, just gives me more consistency. 

I take it there’s no real distance loss? (Or at least not enough to make you switch drivers)?

I’m really in a fight with my ego on this decision. I do play a few short drivable par 4s, where I can just about get it to the green and a loss of 5-10 yards might take it out of play…overall of course I’d be far better off with more fairways, but driving those greens every once in awhile is what makes you wanna keep coming out to play.