Trade problem - Advice welcome

zdtallan

I recently traded driver heads with a member.  We both ship on the same day with UPS, tracking numbers provided, heads are expected to arrive on the same day.  His shows up, mine doesn't.  Going through the claims process now because UPS officially said it was lost.  

UPS is now asking for receipt of sale, estimated purchase value, etc. and I have none of that.  We just straight up traded and that was that with no money/paypal exchanged.  I don't have the receipt for mine, and even if I did the price would be for a custom stealth from TM (I imagine that his would be too since you can't just buy heads).

Has anyone delt with this before or have advice, or am I just SOL?

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

2 minutes ago, mktrout said:

Thats why every time you "trade" you both sell it to each other for the same price through paypal and each person eats the good and services fee. Thats the only way to trade.

If someone asks me to do that I'm not trading. And I have done numerous trades here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

1 hour ago, zdtallan said:

I recently traded driver heads with a member.  We both ship on the same day with UPS, tracking numbers provided, heads are expected to arrive on the same day.  His shows up, mine doesn't.  Going through the claims process now because UPS officially said it was lost.  

UPS is now asking for receipt of sale, estimated purchase value, etc. and I have none of that.  We just straight up traded and that was that with no money/paypal exchanged.  I don't have the receipt for mine, and even if I did the price would be for a custom stealth from TM (I imagine that his would be too since you can't just buy heads).

Has anyone delt with this before or have advice, or am I just SOL?

Shouldn't the the person that shipped you the head be responsible for dealing with UPS since he's the actual UPS customer that shipped the package? It's his responsibility to insure it for the proper amount in case something like this happens. 

I may be misreading who actually received the head? Did you receive yours or did the person you traded with receive the one that you shipped?

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

47 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

Shouldn't the the person that shipped you the head be responsible for dealing with UPS since he's the actual UPS customer that shipped the package? It's his responsibility to insure it for the proper amount in case something like this happens. 

I may be misreading who actually received the head? Did you receive yours or did the person you traded with receive the one that you shipped?

Agree.  Ask them to do some research to figure out what happened.  Show shipping receipts etc

If they shipped it, then they should be able to go in and talk to them and get as much Info as possible.

Edited by Avidswampthing66

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Do you have the purchase receipts or PayPal receipts from when you originally acquired the item? 

there is no way that UPS can deny your claim based on no receipts from this trade if you insured the package. 

think about it …. What if I wanted to send my dad a set of gif clubs and insured them for $1000….. if UPS lost that package, they can’t deny the claim because your dad didn’t buy the clubs fro you…. That was the declared value…. 

if you use pirate ship, they have a claims team that will handle the process for you. 

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Agree.  Ask them to do some research to figure out what happened.  Show shipping receipts etc

If they shipped it, then they should be able to go in and talk to them and get as much Info as possible.

Yes, this… you need to insure your package….. if it is get lost, and it was not insured, you need to come up with the cash on your side to make the person whole. 

with the PayPal fees I have traded both ways….. but will sometimes trade without exchange of PayPal if the member has tons of feedback and a long history. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bhj83 said:

He received the head I shipped, so no issue there.  The head that he shipped made it to "On the truck for delivery" and then it never showed up, so now UPS says it's lost.

My issue is that UPS keeps sending me the claim information to provide, instead of the shipper.   

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

1 hour ago, zdtallan said:

He received the head I shipped, so no issue there.  The head that he shipped made it to "On the truck for delivery" and then it never showed up, so now UPS says it's lost.

My issue is that UPS keeps sending me the claim information to provide, instead of the shipper.   

In this situation the other guy is responsible for the claims process.  He was the shipper of that head, so he is using his insurance for it. 

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

10 hours ago, T_Golf_23 said:

Yes, this… you need to insure your package….. if it is get lost, and it was not insured, you need to come up with the cash on your side to make the person whole. 

with the PayPal fees I have traded both ways….. but will sometimes trade without exchange of PayPal if the member has tons of feedback and a long history. 

Always this.  No matter trade or sale, the few extra dollars goes a long way.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

6 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

True, but in this situation he's ok since the head he shipped arrived just fine.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

On 12/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, mktrout said:

Thats why every time you "trade" you both sell it to each other for the same price through paypal and each person eats the good and services fee. Thats the only way to trade.

That negates the whole point of a trade. I’ve done multiple trades and never once has someone asked me to do this nor would i ask it. Just takes good communication to know who you’re trading with, and trade with members with multiple positive feedback. Would never trade with a  new member. 

• Like 3

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:09 AM, Nixhex524 said:

Boggles my mind when sellers ship and don’t pay insurance on clubs that cost $300 or more. And they are SOL when the club breaks and all the shipping company is on the hook for is shipping 

Edited by llewol007
  • Like 2

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

26 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

Boggles my mind when sellers ship and don’t pay insurance on clubs that cost $300 or more. And they are SOL when the club breaks and all the shipping company is on the hook for is shipping 

Fwiw, FedEx and UPS provide insurance for first $100 as part of the shipping cost.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Just now, brew4eagle said:

Fwiw, FedEx and UPS provide insurance for first $100 as part of the shipping cost.

Better than USPS but still not worth the loss when insurance might  costs another 4 bucks for a driver. I’ve been on both ends and learned the lesson the hard way. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

10 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

Better than USPS but still not worth the loss when insurance might  costs another 4 bucks for a driver. I’ve been on both ends and learned the lesson the hard way. 

I view it like the lottery.  I've sold hundreds of items with zero issues.  So I've saved about $500 by not buying insurance each time.  Of course, now that I've written this I have no choice but to start buying insurance.

• Haha 2

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

41 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I view it like the lottery.  I've sold hundreds of items with zero issues.  So I've saved about $500 by not buying insurance each time.  Of course, now that I've written this I have no choice but to start buying insurance.

I used to feel the same way thinking what can go wrong and sure enough, the box was stepped on by someone or something and the shaft inside was split in two. Luckily more of the value was in the head of the driver but I did have to eat some of the loss. Specially if you are delivering to apartments where stuff easily gets stolen. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

9 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

I used to feel the same way thinking what can go wrong and sure enough, the box was stepped on by someone or something and the shaft inside was split in two. Luckily more of the value was in the head of the driver but I did have to eat some of the loss. Specially if you are delivering to apartments where stuff easily gets stolen. 

Stolen items are not covered by insurance. 

Insurance Only covers damage. For anything over $500 I send insured and signature required. 

29 minutes ago, T_Golf_23 said:

Best part is they delivered the box and it was totally destroyed…. Didn’t think anything of it… 

Ladies and gentlemen, Pay to get it insured and have peace of mind. You will thank yourself for it. Especially on big ticket items. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

I've shipped hundreds of putters over the last 10 years and no matter the carrier, insurance has NEVER paid a claim.  I have been very fortunate, but the occasional item does go missing and I prefer to just replace it.

Recently, I shipped two putters to a gentleman in one box.  UPS was the carrier after USPS put the $15 surcharge on any box over 30" in length.  The box arrived with one end completely torn off and one putter nowhere to be found.  All of the packing material was gone, leaving me to believe that both putters had been removed from the box, at some point and the one that the thief chose was kept.  I learned over two sessions of about two hours apiece, that there is no way to speak to anyone at UPS, via phone.  Also, the "FAQ" to "SHIPMENT ISSUE" status is a dead run around over and over.  I attempted to file a claim, as did the receiver of the package.  His RING camera on his porch showed the UPS driver setting the wide open box on his doorstep and walking away.  So, the 2nd putter was gone, when he delivered an open box.  UPS contacted him and requested pix of the box that were not even relevant and made it so difficult that he gave up.  His replacement is now nearly ready to ship and there will not be a charge for it. 

UPS SUCKS!  USPS SUCKS!  FEDEX.........I just never use them due to their rates.

The world is a bit upside down, right now and I am very much looking forward to the days when you can ship an item, it gets delivered in a timely manner and we can go about our lives.

Is anyone else hoping for the same?

LaMont in AZ

39 minutes ago, golfluvzme said:

I've shipped hundreds of putters over the last 10 years and no matter the carrier, insurance has NEVER paid a claim.  I have been very fortunate, but the occasional item does go missing and I prefer to just replace it.

Recently, I shipped two putters to a gentleman in one box.  UPS was the carrier after USPS put the $15 surcharge on any box over 30" in length.  The box arrived with one end completely torn off and one putter nowhere to be found.  All of the packing material was gone, leaving me to believe that both putters had been removed from the box, at some point and the one that the thief chose was kept.  I learned over two sessions of about two hours apiece, that there is no way to speak to anyone at UPS, via phone.  Also, the "FAQ" to "SHIPMENT ISSUE" status is a dead run around over and over.  I attempted to file a claim, as did the receiver of the package.  His RING camera on his porch showed the UPS driver setting the wide open box on his doorstep and walking away.  So, the 2nd putter was gone, when he delivered an open box.  UPS contacted him and requested pix of the box that were not even relevant and made it so difficult that he gave up.  His replacement is now nearly ready to ship and there will not be a charge for it. 

UPS SUCKS!  USPS SUCKS!  FEDEX.........I just never use them due to their rates.

The world is a bit upside down, right now and I am very much looking forward to the days when you can ship an item, it gets delivered in a timely manner and we can go about our lives.

Is anyone else hoping for the same?

LaMont in AZ

This is why you use pirate ship…. See the thread I linked above…. 

the insurance and claims are through them… 

On 12/23/2022 at 8:18 PM, T_Golf_23 said:

This is why you use pirate ship…. See the thread I linked above…. 

the insurance and claims are through them… 

I'm going to give them a trial run starting on Jan 2 and we'll see how it goes.  I rarely need to make a claim, but this last time was absolute B.S.