Adidas.com not honoring waterproof warranties on golf shoes.

thezinfan

Purchased a pair of S2G's (BOA Spikeless). My right foot kept getting wet, left is perfectly dry. The box says 1 year waterproof warranty. Still within the one year, but outside of the 6 month  comfort warranty. Every time I contact them using the AdiClub Customer service # and explain the issue, they say "sounds good, we just need to check some things and will get back to you via email". I then get the identical email back from them saying

We are sorry to hear about the discomfort you encounter with our product. As much as we love to process your warranty, however, at this time, we decided to deny your request since the item purchase date was February 2022. 

Please note that the life expectancy of any product depends on the individual using the product, the conditions of use and care, and the characteristic wear patterns of the user.

All of our warranty terms our following the new Warranty Claim process. Sending you the link to our Updated Warranty Policy, here is the link: https://www.adidas.com/us/help/us-products/what-is-the-warranty-on-my-products

I didn't complain about discomfort, I complained about a failure of the waterproof warranty. The link is to the generic 6 month comfort warranty. I just got a pair of the s2g boots which say 2 year waterproof warranty on the box. Wonder how that will turn out lol. I've repeated this call in/email reply 3 times now with zero success. Has anyone filed a successful waterproof claim with adidas recently?

Edited by thezinfan
  • Like 1

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Yeahhhhh, I've had terrible luck with adidas customer service as well. Had a pair of prime blue code chaos a couple seasons back and one of the lace loops broke after a month and a half... they said they don't cover normal wear and tear... I only had them a month and a half!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

If you have proof you’re within their one year warranty you have a valid complaint. I would contact them again and attach this link (do they really want the bad PR?). This is why I’ve only purchased Footjoy shoes for the past 30 years. In that time I had two issues and each time Footjoy replaced the shoes with no hassle. All they asked was I send them the shoes back for inspection. Had replacement models within two weeks. 

• Like 3

I had some spikes on the new Tour 360s start to break on me within a few months of owning them, and not wearing them but a handful of times.  They told me that the shoes weren't from an authorized vendor and that they don't cover normal wear and tear.  I got the shoes from PGA Super Store, and that didn't matter to them. 

• Sad 2

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

49 minutes ago, cristphoto said:

If you have proof you’re within their one year warranty you have a valid complaint. I would contact them again and attach this link (do they really want the bad PR?). This is why I’ve only purchased Footjoy shoes for the past 30 years. In that time I had two issues and each time Footjoy replaced the shoes with no hassle. All they asked was I send them the shoes back for inspection. Had replacement models within two weeks. 

They know its within one year because I bought them right on Adidas.com. I've sent them an extensive email with documentation, including a picture of an S2G box with the one year waterproof warranty note. They are playing games because every other retailer lists a one year waterproof warranty right in the description, but there is no mention of a specific waterproof warranty on the Adidas web site. It clearly says waterproof in the item description though.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Going to second the recommendation to link them to this thread so they know people who spend are paying attention. Never had any issues with the one pair of Adidas golf shoes I have or all the indoor/outdoor soccer shoes I've bought over the years but companies change and maybe they just don't care anymore about delivering on their advertised promises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thezinfan said:

They know its within one year because I bought them right on Adidas.com. I've sent them an extensive email with documentation, including a picture of an S2G box with the one year waterproof warranty note. They are playing games because every other retailer lists a one year waterproof warranty right in the description, but there is no mention of a specific waterproof warranty on the Adidas web site. It clearly says waterproof in the item description though.

It's hard to believe they won't make good on your problem especially when you consider what the shoes actually cost them to make. I guess they don't put a value on reputation.  Well now you know not to buy Adidas anymore.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cristphoto said:

12 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Going to second the recommendation to link them to this thread so they know people who spend are paying attention. Never had any issues with the one pair of Adidas golf shoes I have or all the indoor/outdoor soccer shoes I've bought over the years but companies change and maybe they just don't care anymore about delivering on their advertised promises.

I just dm'd them on twitter and attached the link to this thread. Do they have an official handle on WRX? Thanks for the suggestion.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

3 hours ago, Dpavs said:

File a BBB complaint as well. If you bought them at a local store you can also see if they can help with the issue by contacting Addidas directly.

If you bought them at a local shop, get them involved. If you bought them online or directly from Adidas, get your credit card company involved. Since you have emails showing they won't honor their warrant, your cc will refund your money.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2022 at 6:52 AM, BYK said:

seems like we also hear more stories of manufacturers applying the 6 month or 1 year warranty to when the shoes were made, not when they were bought too.  Almost like a built in loophole.  

I hope this wouldn't hold up in court.  For instance, a product with a 90-day warranty could virtually always be out of warranty considering the time lag with delayed cargo ships from China and the clock starting from day of manufacture.  Even one-year protection would be almost useless too (if golf shoes were given as Christmas gift for example).  

Edited by cristphoto

6 minutes ago, cristphoto said:

I hope this wouldn't hold up in court.  For instance, a product with a 90-day warrantee could virtually always be out of warrantee considering the time lag with delayed cargo ships from China and the clock starting from day of manufacture.  Even one-year protection would be almost useless too (if golf shoes were given as Christmas gift for example).  

yah dunno that anyone would actually challenge it

it's just sad

I actually think adidas is the worst one in doing this.  Seems like they get brought up a lot for lack of warranty recognition

Yadi for President

Interesting that buying the from adidas online these shoes do not list a 1 year waterproof warranty. Given this, not sure what you should expect. 

Having said that, when I have had warranty issues with adidas, I just took a copy of the receipt, print out the warranty and letter with the issues and mailed them back with tracking.

They send out new shoes. I think it is easier to say no to an email..

Edited by 2bGood

10 hours ago, BYK said:

seems like we also hear more stories of manufacturers applying the 6month or 1 year warranty to when the shoes were made, not when they were bought too.  Almost like a built in loophole.  

It's been some years now. I hope that has changed but some manufacturers probably still use that.

Nike and Footjoy got me this way.

Considering when I buy new golf shoes it's always on the closeout models I found out I don't get much or any warranty.

12 hours ago, Dpavs said:

File a BBB complaint as well. If you bought them at a local store you can also see if they can help with the issue by contacting Addidas directly.

Filing with the bbb is like saying hey I'm recommended by Angie's list. It's a pay for play website. It means nothing. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 1:46 PM, thezinfan said:

Purchased a pair of S2G's (BOA Spikeless). My right foot kept getting wet, left is perfectly dry. The box says 1 year waterproof warranty. Still within the one year, but outside of the 6 month  comfort warranty. Every time I contact them using the AdiClub Customer service # and explain the issue, they say "sounds good, we just need to check some things and will get back to you via email". I then get the identical email back from them saying

We are sorry to hear about the discomfort you encounter with our product. As much as we love to process your warranty, however, at this time, we decided to deny your request since the item purchase date was February 2022. 

Please note that the life expectancy of any product depends on the individual using the product, the conditions of use and care, and the characteristic wear patterns of the user.

All of our warranty terms our following the new Warranty Claim process. Sending you the link to our Updated Warranty Policy, here is the link: https://www.adidas.com/us/help/us-products/what-is-the-warranty-on-my-products

I didn't complain about discomfort, I complained about a failure of the waterproof warranty. The link is to the generic 6 month comfort warranty. I just got a pair of the s2g boots which say 2 year waterproof warranty on the box. Wonder how that will turn out lol. I've repeated this call in/email reply 3 times now with zero success. Has anyone filed a successful waterproof claim with adidas recently?

I guess I wasn't clear that these were purchased at Adidas.com, not a retailer. They arrived in a box which clearly states 1 year Waterproof warranty. 

• Like 1

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

I guess Adidas pinching pennies due to the lost yeezy revenue

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

I had this exact same problem with a pair of codechaos 21s that lost their waterproofing within a few months of purchase. Here is what Adidas customer service said, even though the box itself says "1 year waterproof warranty". They claim that the waterproofing is only against splashes and drops, and that I did not include pictures of the "defect". This is the last pair of Adidas golf shoes I will buy.

Adidas currently has a six-month manufacturing guarantee on all of our products, which is in line with the industry standard. 

This six-month time frame is from the date of manufacture which is printed on the label attached to your product. Based on the information you have provided, the purchase date on your product falls outside of that six-month time frame and your item is no longer covered under our guarantee. Also, the defect should be visible in the photo. The waterproof that was stated there was just for water splashes or drops.

A second email from them said this:

We are very sorry to hear about what happened. At this time, our warranty process has been changed to 6 months from the purchasing date. You may refer to this link for your reference. https://www.adidas.com/us/help/us-return-refund/does-adidas-have-a-defective-product-claim-process

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acegunner31 said:

I had this exact same problem with a pair of codechaos 21s that lost their waterproofing within a few months of purchase. Here is what Adidas customer service said, even though the box itself says "1 year waterproof warranty". They claim that the waterproofing is only against splashes and drops, and that I did not include pictures of the "defect". This is the last pair of Adidas golf shoes I will buy.

Adidas currently has a six-month manufacturing guarantee on all of our products, which is in line with the industry standard. 

This six-month time frame is from the date of manufacture which is printed on the label attached to your product. Based on the information you have provided, the purchase date on your product falls outside of that six-month time frame and your item is no longer covered under our guarantee. Also, the defect should be visible in the photo. The waterproof that was stated there was just for water splashes or drops.

We are very sorry to hear about what happened. At this time, our warranty process has been changed to 6 months from the purchasing date. You may refer to this link for your reference. https://www.adidas.com/us/help/us-return-refund/does-adidas-have-a-defective-product-claim-process

You actually did a better job of explaining this than I did. They asked for a photo of the "defect", and I explained "I'm not sure what you are asking for, the shoes become soaked. i have no idea where the defect is." I still sent in a photo showing the wetness in the shoe. 

What is a warranty against waters splashed and drops?LOLOLOL. If this is the real explanation, the $1100 I spent on Adidas from Feb to Dec will be the last I spend. Pretty crazy to lose high volume customers over a $100 shoe pair, which probably woulda cost them $25 to make and send me a new pair. I was also the guy who posted the Black Friday deal on the S2G boots, which resulted in a bunch of sales, including my three golf buddies. Guess it's back to Footjoy for my golf shoes and boots. The Shrouded boot this year looked pretty nice.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

@thezinfan they seem to have default answers to get out of their warranty claims. At this point, its their loss. I agree that a low-cost, high margin item is a no brainer for them to replace to maintain reputation and business, but I guess they think otherwise.

Also, here is a picture that was on the box for this shoe and they still claim that they changed their warranty to 6 months!  

Let me know if you find any success with them

image_50390273.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Acegunner31 said:

Did you buy these from Adidas.com, or a third party? It almost seems like it's worse to buy direct. Third party places like Carl's Golfland state the 1 or 2 year warranties very clearly in the shoe description.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Adidas were always comfortable right out of the box for me.  However, they always started leaking right around when the warranty expires.  I stopped buying them about 7 years ago and never looked back.  Now, I wear Sketchers or Eccos.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 6.0
3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13* Fujikura Motore F3 70-S
Hybrid: Ping Rapture v2 17*
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
Putter: Swag the Cooler

13 hours ago, Acegunner31 said:

Are they actually serious?  What other shoe company is 6 months?  Nike is 2 years from manufacturing date.  Heck, even Adidas Canada is 2 years... of course they will default every response to "normal wear and tear", so it's just as useless.

Edited by areksoo25

13 hours ago, Acegunner31 said:

@thezinfan they seem to have default answers to get out of their warranty claims. At this point, its their loss. I agree that a low-cost, high margin item is a no brainer for them to replace to maintain reputation and business, but I guess they think otherwise.

Also, here is a picture that was on the box for this shoe and they still claim that they changed their warranty to 6 months!  

Let me know if you find any success with them

image_50390273.JPG

1Y Waterproof Warranty?  I guess Adidas translates this to "if you come within one yard of water, the warranty is void".  😁  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thezinfan said:

Did you buy these from Adidas.com, or a third party? It almost seems like it's worse to buy direct. Third party places like Carl's Golfland state the 1 or 2 year warranties very clearly in the shoe description.

I bought them from Amazon in March, warranty claim denied in October. The seller was Amazon, not a reseller on Amazon for what it's worth.

It doesn't seem like they were hung up on that on that part, they were more concerned  that their waterproof warranty is only for drops and splashes, and that I did not provide a picture of the defect lol

• Sad 1