2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

2 hours ago, touch said:

Congratulations on getting fit and placing an order for a new set of Titleist irons Big Fish. 💥

Sadly that was it folks. The last Honma Amigo has finally moved on. 

There was a time when a good many of us WRX 19th Hole regulars bagged a set of those fine Japanese irons, but all four of us have now moved on.

BC to PING

Rad to PING

Me to Taylor Made

and now you to Titleist. 

RIP Honma Club. 

Kinda like Rad BACK to Ping--- Ever since I have known him he has been a dyed in the wool Ping man

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

2 hours ago, touch said:

For sure the first gone will be the house beer P3P our 1922 lager that is made downtown by the Green Man Brewery. Notice there are 12 cases of that beer. The owner is a member and a heck of a fun guy. He's only been in the game for a few years and he got his first ace at CCA two weeks ago. He was mighty jazzed. Green Man was one of the first craft suds makers in Asheville.  After two decades of hard work he is now #3 in the city behind only Sierra Nevada and Highland Brewery. Can you believe that there are now 60 breweries in the greater Asheville area? Too many.  I can't tell you the last time I saw someone drinking a Heineken. More are apt to tip back a Stella before the other green bottled beer. 

Asheville must be like The Grand Strand area of SC now. I have no idea of how many craft breweries we have in this area now. And from what my bud says Charlotte has a bunch too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Still have Honma Driver, if I don’t sell, maybe I will build a second set.  

I still have my Honma G1-X driver it is my #1 metal back up for the Alpha should something happen to it. If something happens to them maybe I can find an older metal driver. Before I pay $500 or more for a new one I will go back to one of my old Persimmon drivers mainly my Penna Jupiter Slugger with a graphite shaft

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

Or literally any single American car made ever. 

I got that much coin to spend on a car, I'm gettin a GT3. 

porsche-911-gt3-prototype-101-1606311791

Cuz if I got that much coin to spend on a car ... I can buy a Singer, too 😂

Bro.  I’m Coming by you fast in my Ford GT.  Wave , I’ll have the GoPros on ! 😂

• Like 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Bro.  I’m Coming by you fast in my Ford GT.  Wave , I’ll have the GoPros on ! 😂

Better be a fast tow truck! 😂

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

Better be a fast tow truck! 😂

That Porsche better be in the right hand lane when the GT goes by at 300mph!😄 One of my customers has an old GT40 that would do 210 before he souped it up a bit.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

LOL back in the day I was a PBR man. Now Coors not Coors Light tasted better when we used to bootleg it out Texas before it was sold at retail east of the Mississippi River. 

Now Yeungling I like too. I got turned on to it at my old course by the members known as the "Miura Mafia"

Now days I do not drink much beer or anything else alcoholic. I get on a whim and maybe have one beer at the course. I think last beer I drank was a Coors in a short bottle at the course and that was over a month ago

There's a certain truth to this.  Coors had that "Rocky Mountain High" mystique to it BITD.  Was a standing request for anyone returning from out west to bootleg back a case or two.  Although I generally preferred Olympia (now defunct).  Haven't sampled a Coors in like 30 years.  

Not to denigrate anyone taste buds.  But if the only beer I could partake was PBR, I wouldn't drink beer.  Never could stand the stuff.  Now I note that it's a thing amongst the hipster crowd.  Could add Heineken to the list as well.  Always tasted like a "skunked" beer to me.  Gag.  

Ironically, first ever Yuengling beer was sampled a few weeks back.  (Not distributed in Michigan.)  My BIL's LARGE family is from Ohio, and they gather each summer at their house on the lake for a powwow.  Visiting the clan, went in search of a beer to have, and spotted one amongst all the BL.  It's distributed in Ohio.  The lager was better than I expected for a Macro brew.  Had a second.  Could see myself ordering one on tap while out and about if it was available.    Good to have a less expensive alternate to the often overpriced craft beers (typically $6 and up for a pint) that are on tap at most establishments.  

Michigan is by most all accounts a top 3 beer state.  A plethora of breweries and tap rooms everywhere you go.  Founders and Bells being the big dogs.  Lots of experimentation with differing styles and brew mixes.  Always interesting to try something different on occasion.  So many good beers to sample, I tend to stay "Brewed in Michigan" for choices.  And having become primarily an IPA drinker, Founder's All Day IPA is my beer of choice.  One can drink 2 or 3 without any repercussions.  Bell's Two Hearted when I want to kick it up a notch.  Bell's Hopslam when I want to kick it up three notches.  Old Nation Brewing Company has their M-43 hazy NEIPA that is outstanding.  And for something different, a half and half.  Bell's Oberon and Founder's Rubaeus (Raspberry ale) is a surprisingly good summertime mix.  

Not a craft beer snob.  Just that my tastes have radically changed and I rather drink a "better" beer these days.  My guzzling days ended long ago.  

Edited by Fellaheen51
  • Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

17 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

There's a certain truth to this.  Coors had that "Rocky Mountain High" mystique to it BITD.  Was a standing request for anyone returning from out west to bootleg back a case or two.  Although I generally preferred Olympia (now defunct).  Haven't sampled a Coors in like 30 years.  

Not to denigrate anyone taste buds.  But if the only beer I could partake was PBR, I wouldn't drink beer.  Never could stand the stuff.  Now I note that it's a thing amongst the hipster crowd.  Could add Heineken to the list as well.  Always tasted like a "skunked" beer to me.  Gag.  

Ironically, first ever Yuengling beer was sampled a few weeks back.  (Not distributed in Michigan.)  My BIL's LARGE family is from Ohio, and they gather each summer at their house on the lake for a powwow.  Visiting the clan, went in search of a beer to have, and spotted one amongst all the BL.  It's distributed in Ohio.  The lager was better than I expected for a Macro brew.  Had a second.  Could see myself ordering one on tap while out and about if it was available.    Good to have a less expensive alternate to the often overpriced craft beers (typically $6 and up for a pint) that are on tap at most establishments.  

Michigan is by most all accounts a top 3 beer state.  A plethora of breweries and tap rooms everywhere you go.  Founders and Bells being the big dogs.  Lots of experimentation with differing styles and brew mixes.  Always interesting to try something different on occasion.  So many good beers to sample, I tend to stay "Brewed in Michigan" for choices.  And having become primarily an IPA drinker, Founder's All Day IPA is my beer of choice.  One can drink 2 or 3 without any repercussions.  Bell's Two Hearted when I want to kick it up a notch.  Bell's Hopslam when I want to kick it up three notches.  Old Nation Brewing Company has their M-43 hazy NEIPA that is outstanding.  And for something different, a half and half.  Bell's Oberon and Founder's Rubaeus (Raspberry ale) is a surprisingly good summertime mix.  

Not a craft beer snob.  Just that my tastes have radically changed and I rather drink a "better" beer these days.  My guzzling days ended long ago.  

HaHa, I drank a little Oly back in the day Fella. That was tasty beer. 

How about any beer from Shorts Brewing in Bellaire, have you enjoyed a beer from them? 

Going back in the day I also used to drink Pearl beer from Texas. 

• Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

Guinness!  Enough said.

• Like 3

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

27 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

If you ever get over to Wisconsin pick yourself up a little Spotted Cow. I'm with you Fell, quality over quantity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

5 minutes ago, touch said:

HaHa, I drank a little Oly back in the day Fella. That was tasty beer. 

How about any beer from Shorts Brewing in Bellaire, have you enjoyed a beer from them? 

Going back in the day I also used to drink Pearl beer from Texas. 

Yeah, sample Short's periodically.  Bellaire Brown, Huma Lupa Licious.  Short's is a northern Michigan pioneer in the craft beer scene.  Been to the brew pub on numerous occasions.  Nowdays, it's way to slammed during tourista season to attempt getting in.  Joe Short has bought up about half of downtown Bellaire for his enterprises.  Rumors of ruffling some feathers of the other businesses in town.  

• Like 1

Stouts?  Plead the Fifth (Dark Horse Brewing).  KBS and Breakfast Stout (Founder's).  Dragon's Milk (New Holland).  CEO Stout (Right Brain).  Kalamazoo Stout (Bell's).  Quick off the top of my head.  Big fan of stouts.  

Stout season is approaching much to fast.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

If you ever get over to Wisconsin pick yourself up a little Spotted Cow. I'm with you Fell, quality over quantity.

Love Spotted Cow. I have a friend in Hudson, WI that turned me on to it. Wish we could get it here in Texas, but we have plenty of craft brew around.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Love Spotted Cow. I have a friend in Hudson, WI that turned me on to it. Wish we could get it here in Texas, but we have plenty of craft brew around.

I'd send you some down but shipping might be pricey.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

2 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Guinness!  Enough said.

I don’t even drink beer (or anything much these days) but I was also a Guinness guy.

But ya gotta try some of these new stouts. They like nitrous milk brew something lol 😂 

They got crazy body and super rich and complex flavors!

Of course, Guinness is always a favorite as well 🍻 

• Like 2

I believe you gents will appreciate this story like I did.

• Like 3

I can't drink IPAs or any beer really because if I have two, even spread out over hours, I wake up the next morning with a banging headache.  Its a real shame because I will have a couple of Kettlehouse's Bonner Logger when I go to concerts and generally end up regretting it.  We have a really good micro-brew culture in our area as well, but those beers simply don't treat me well.

That's why I stick with the mass produced stuff, I don't know if they take out, either by pasteurization or something else the stuff that gives me the headache, but if I stay in the low brow district I am generally much happier.

45 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I can't drink IPAs or any beer really because if I have two, even spread out over hours, I wake up the next morning with a banging headache.  Its a real shame because I will have a couple of Kettlehouse's Bonner Logger when I go to concerts and generally end up regretting it.  We have a really good micro-brew culture in our area as well, but those beers simply don't treat me well.

That's why I stick with the mass produced stuff, I don't know if they take out, either by pasteurization or something else the stuff that gives me the headache, but if I stay in the low brow district I am generally much happier.

I only play a doctor on tv, but it sounds like an allergy of some sort.  My wife was very similar with red wines.  She mentioned that one time while we were at dinner with an MD friend.  He suggested a certain area/vintage/something (im not a wine guy) because it did not have a specific enzyme and she has had no trouble since.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

Have a friend that is similarly afflicted.  He likes his beers, but cannot consume IPA's or any other 'hoppy', high(er) IBU ones without getting a raging headache.  He once told me it was a chemical compound (that I don't recall) in hops.  Some types have higher levels than others.  IDK.  He doesn't drink any mid to high IBU beers.  Sticks with adjunct light lagers as they're safe.  

• Like 1

OK here you go TS. 

A Taycan GTS in almost Brooklyn Grey. 

Black wheels with red calipers. 

PXL_20230810_163945264.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Guinness!  Enough said.

Believe it or not I had my first one about a month back now. Somehow they got hold of a case at the course in bottles and I got me one just to see---- And yeah I liked it

• Like 2

I'm not a big beer guy tbh. Meaning, there're a handful I like that aren't anything special. Put down quite a bit of Pauli Girl back in the day. I dig a Stella or a Grolsch. There's a local brewery that does a Vegas lager I quite enjoy. If I'm in a craft-y spot; I'll tend towards a lager and that's about it. Totally can't do, like, PBR or BL or nearly any of the typicals - they all have this funky aftertaste or - in the case of PBR - is straight up gross. 

Whisky though? That's a whole different story. Don't think I've ever had a whisky I didn't like; be it the cheap swill or $90 a neat vintage. Tend more towards Scotch and Irish whiskys. Prefer single malt but can dig on blends too. Prefer a rye over a Bourbon. 

But really ... if it's whisky, I'll drink it. Sometimes irresponsibly. (See: some posts around this board that've gotten me into trouble 😂)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)