2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

33 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

I remember listening to Wolfman Jack late night on AM radio at Bleecker Street out of Little Rock Arkansas.

I used to listen all the time too. Was it Bleecker Street or Beeker Street?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

So I know this is going to sound like grumpy old fart, but was watching a YouTube video and a person was eating lunch and talking while on camera.  I wanted to comment didn’t your parents teach you any manners and not talk with food in your mouth.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

4 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

So I know this is going to sound like grumpy old fart, but was watching a YouTube video and a person was eating lunch and talking while on camera.  I wanted to comment didn’t your parents teach you any manners and not talk with food in your mouth.  

I was eating at Spago a couple years ago and a 20 something Asian woman was live streaming her entire meal and had her assistant there w/her assisting w/the production 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

I used to listen all the time too. Was it Bleecker Street or Beeker Street?

I'm not positive on the spelling. It was in the mid to late 70's I think. Late at night when I was working a 7PM-3AM or 11PM -7AM shift they played mysteries, too.

• Like 1

Apparently the nation is obsessed with Trader Joe’s frozen Kimbap!

I’ve never even had Kimbap but even I’m obsessed🤣 must be the packaging or just has that cool Asian sliced cross section look

But it’s sold out! Oh man want Kimbap so bad! 🤣

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/trader-joes-kimbap-tiktok-rcna103403

Sarah Ahn still remembers being mocked when her mother packed a Korean staple for her lunch at a predominantly white school in Orange County, California. Now a food bloggerand digital creator, she has contributed to it becoming a viral hit — to the point that it’s sold out nationwide in Trader Joe’s, where it made its mainstream American debut last month.

The food? The humble Korean kimbap. Traditionally it’s made with rice (bap) and bulgogi (beef) or fishcake, omelet-style egg, pickled radish, carrots, spinach all seasoned individually (sauteed with sesame oil and soy sauce or both) and rolled into seaweed (kim, hence kimbap) that’s brushed with sesame oil. While quick and convenient to eat on the go, it’s prepared with ingredients at room temperature and meant to be eaten the same day. 

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct

1 hour ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

I'm not positive on the spelling. It was in the mid to late 70's I think. Late at night when I was working a 7PM-3AM or 11PM -7AM shift they played mysteries, too.

I had to look it up. It was beaker street. I listened to it in the late 60's. One of the first underground radio stations. 

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

13 hours ago, aenemated said:

I switched from BofA - which I'd been with since like '96 - to a local credit union a few months ago. 

Mainly due to the 4% interest they give me. While I keep most moneyz in my various investment funds, I like to keep a moderate balance in cash just in case I need to split the country 😂 So that 4% doesn't work out to chump change! 

And I bet you being from NC you did business with BOA when it was good old NCNB. 

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

12 hours ago, chisag said:

... I was arrested and taken to jail because I was doing 26 mph in a 25 mph zone in North Myrtle Beach. He actually showed me the radar. They look at your license and if you aren't local they give you a $50 fine (1971) you have to pay right then and it doesn't go against your record if you don't get another for 30 days. You can come back and go to court where they just throw the ticket out but that cots folks more than $50 so you just pay the fine. 

I think they still do the same thing here now but of course the fines are higher. About 10 years ago the town of Aynor they had a Cop  pulling out of state women riding single or with all females for speeding. He would not write a ticket if they exposed their breasts. Of course the idiot got caught. Got set up by our State Law Enforcement Division (SLED). They had a good looking red head SLED officer catch him. Had the whole incident on film and tape. It was shown on local media here. He got a bunch of time and law suits were filed against him and the town. For a while some of those Rednecks up there posted on the sign entering town that said Welcome to Aynor-- "Show Your ****s"  They would take it down and days later it would show back up especially holiday times. I guess the gag finally wore off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Ah hell. All you need is someone running blocker 😂.  A little grease for the wheels and you’re good to go. Most of that bad rap comes from Virginia and Georgia.  They’ll absolutely nail you to the wall.  

SC had it's bad speed trap places too especially if one had out of state plates. Winnsboro was one along with Mc Bee and Jefferson on the way to the beach. Actually about 40 years ago now 60 Minutes on CBS did undercover and caught them. It got nationwide attention and several cops judges and Magistrates were arrested over that deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, aenemated said:

Ya, VA is no freakin joke when it comes to traffic enforcement. 

Virginia was tough to truck in. Yeah they hated truckers. If they caught you with a radar detector they would confiscate and supposedly destroy it. Some cops had a scam going as in just taking the detector and NOT writing a ticket. The detector would later on be sold by like a BIL on the back row at a truck stop. The ATA and OOIDA filed suit on Virginia in Federal Court and won. They could write a ticket but could not confiscate the detector because it was FCC approved and was not a dangerous weapon or a weapon of mass destruction. They also made the state pay all lawyers fees. Some 5 years after I got mine taken I got a check in the mail for $200. I was a member of OOIDA and knew about the action

Most states had some kind of scam going on truckers. Mississippi and New Mexico had their own fuel tax scam going. In 95 long after I sold my last truck I got checks back from both states on fuel tax and got one back from Ohio too.

Kentucky had 2 scams going. You had to have a KYU number on the side of the truck along with the last 7 of the VIN too. They would record numbers in the computer going through the scales and if you ran certain times going between scales they would write you for speeding. They also instituted a "TV Tax" if they saw TV antennas mounted on the side of the truck then they would issue a "90 day permit for a TV" for $10. 

Around 90 or so when the Federal Government instituted the CDL license under a big trucking reform act they put all fuel tax collection under Federal jurisdiction. Now days instead having like 5 or 6 different numbers and numerous fuel stickers you have one IFTA sticker for the USA and Canada too. They also mandated federal law prohibiting radar detectors on commercial vehicles.

Now days the states still have scams it is just the federally mandated Roadside Inspection Programs. Officers cruise the roads and pull trucks at random and inspect and fine them for little BS. In fact I read on one of my trucking feeds they are doing one of their National 48 hr crackdowns this week. It is just another way of gaining revenue. I can remember right before I retired I got pulled and was over weight. I laughed about it and told the cop write on my company pays all fines and I am paid by the hour. He told me well you know you get non moving violation points against your CDL. If you get so many in a certain time your license can be suspended. I told him as I pulled down my left eye lid "you see any concern in this eye?" I am retiring in 6 months and if my license gets suspended for this crap then I am unable to work and will draw unemployment and food stamps until my SS checks start coming in. He was not amused

After my accident my medical certificate was pulled due to restricted lower body movement and nerve damage. There must be a real bad driver shortage because I got a call and a letter from DMV wanting me to reinstate my license. I told the guy via the phone that was not going to happen because I was drawing disability and medically unqualified according to Federal Law. I further told him the DOT the governor and the POTUS could stick my CDLs where the sun does not shine. LOL he promptly hung up

• Like 3

10 hours ago, imkirby34 said:

Deja vu.  I was just watching Chasing Classic Cars reruns this morning and this sure looks like the same Model A hot rod that was featured on the show.  

Edit:  Oops - I didn't see Sunbelt's reply.

I have seen that show quite a bit during my bedridden days. Never recall him messing with anything like that. Now I have seen him messing with like 60s and 70s muscle cars from the factory but nothing like that

8 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

I had to look it up. It was beaker street. I listened to it in the late 60's. One of the first underground radio stations. 

It was a life saver on those late night shifts. I think it was a 100,000 watt station and I was listening in SW Florida. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

It was a life saver on those late night shifts. I think it was a 100,000 watt station and I was listening in SW Florida. 

Sure was. I think it was out of Little Rock Arkansas wasn't it? It was clear as a bell at 1 in the morning up here in NW Illinois.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

2 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Sure was. I think it was out of Little Rock Arkansas wasn't it? It was clear as a bell at 1 in the morning up here in NW Illinois.

Yes, it was in Little Rock. The first time I tuned in I thought I was crazy. For the most part, reception was decent for being so far away. Of course, there was always a little bit of the wonderful AM static hovering in the background.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

FCC limits AM radio stations to 50 kW max.  Depending on atmospheric conditions, stations could be picked up across a wide range at night.  South of the border stations have higher broadcast wattages.  

• Like 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

SC had it's bad speed trap places too especially if one had out of state plates. Winnsboro was one along with Mc Bee and Jefferson on the way to the beach. Actually about 40 years ago now 60 Minutes on CBS did undercover and caught them. It got nationwide attention and several cops judges and Magistrates were arrested over that deal.

Yep. That’s true. The old beach traps.  Most of my beach trips were spent driving  behind my father in laws camper at 12 mph on hwy 9.   So no chance of being stopped 😂.  Been about 10 years since I’ve  been down your way come to think of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If a PGA teaching Professional asks for 2 strokes based on handicap, do you give it?  I think they are close enough its straight up, but I just want to have some reasons why beside the fact he is 40 yds longer than me off the tee, 9 years younger, and better looking.  @deadsolid...shank I am looking forward to this.  It is a local couples trip and the balls fell and it is us and your old GM.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

If a PGA teaching Professional asks for 2 strokes based on handicap, do you give it?  I think they are close enough its straight up, but I just want to have some reasons why beside the fact he is 40 yds longer than me off the tee, 9 years younger, and better looking.  @deadsolid...shank I am looking forward to this.  It is a local couples trip and the balls fell and it is us and your old GM.

NerveMovie's GIFs on Tenor

I say heck no. What a greedy Pro. He's scared of you. Remind him that he hits his driver well past yours. Remind him also that he has a "golf related" job title and you don't. Those two things alone should erase his need for two pops. Take him down Pete. Show that rascal that you are not to be tangled with on a golf course !  😁

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

3 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

FCC limits AM radio stations to 50 kW max.  Depending on atmospheric conditions, stations could be picked up across a wide range at night.  South of the border stations have higher broadcast wattages.  

I wish I was in Tijuana

eating barbecued iguana 🦎 🎶 

• Like 2

Come on boys, who wants to get in the Time Machine with me and go back for week? 

1967 Motorola transistor radio tunes in both AM and FM music vintage ad |  eBay         

1962 Motorola Battery Powered Portable Transistor 'Shirtpocket'  Radio PRINT AD | eBay  

I'm pretty sure the AM radio station that I listened to as a kid on my hand held transistor radio could be heard all over the Midwestern states.  CKLW the Big 8 out of Windsor, Ontario was very powerful.  🕺

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. That’s true. The old beach traps.  Most of my beach trips were spent driving  behind my father in laws camper at 12 mph on hwy 9.   So no chance of being stopped 😂.  Been about 10 years since I’ve  been down your way come to think of it.  

So, I get pulled over doin 96mph 😱

Was in HS coming back from watching our girls basketball 🏀 team playoff game lol

Cop be like,

Im going to write the ticket for 84mph cause otherwise I’d have to throw you in jail 🤣 🙏 

Omg that was close I would have prolly lost my license for sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, touch said:

NerveMovie's GIFs on Tenor

I say heck no. What a greedy Pro. He's scared of you. Remind him that he hits his driver well past yours. Remind him also that he has a "golf related" job title and you don't. Those two things alone should erase his need for two pops. Take him down Pete. Show that rascal that you are not to be tangled with on a golf course !  😁

Oh, he isn't greedy, but we have a humorous discussion on the tee box every time we tee it up about the strokes.  I am running out of excuses.  We haven't played together for quite some time since he is running the course and holding a pretty high profile PGA job which requires a lot of travel.  Generally he wants to play straight up, but he will ask, and I can't fail him with a lackluster reply.

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)