2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Fujikura Axiom, anyone hit these yet?

James Cole

I thought I saw a set in some t100s on ebay. Debating pulling my oban ct115 out of my zx5 and putting them in. But it would be expensive. Thought about just post a wtb for the axiom 105s and zx5 build. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

• 1 month later...

has anyone have a direct comparison on feel between PX LZ 6.0 and Axiom 105s? things like comparative smoothness, weight feel, and i heard the Axiom can be more difficult to turn the ball over? That is a big one for me since i already have a hard time doing that.

Looking at getting T150's and cant decide to go with the PX LZ 6.0 which i know work well for me or possibly invest in the Axiom.

i understand fitting is the best way but im in Alaska and there are no demo T150 heads here nor are there any demo Axiom shafts here. I am heading to Phoenix at the end of the month and playing three rounds and would be fun to have them for that.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Darth_Fader said:

hi guys, 

sorry if this has been covered already but have any DG X100 users switched to Axiom?

if so, did you go to 125X? how does it compare to X100 in terms of flex, feel, spin/launch, etc.

thanks!

Long time x100 user.... recently switched to px 6.5 which i love but need to move away cuz of elbow issues.  i have a few axiom shafts built up for testing and it is very impressive so far.  much more stout and stable than x100 with tighter dispersion.  it doesn't feel overly stout but plays it, if that makes sense.  heard others call it whippy but i would not.  the ball just seems to want to curve a little less and be struck out of the middle a little more often.... it's weird but im sold, taking the plunge on a full set!

• Like 3

TM 2024 BRNR Mini 11.5 Kai'li

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degree, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degree 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degree

T100 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Vokey SM10 50(f), 55(s), 60(m)

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

3 minutes ago, JLP_GOLF said:

Long time x100 user.... recently switched to px 6.5 which i love but need to move away cuz of elbow issues.  i have a few axiom shafts built up for testing and it is very impressive so far.  much more stout and stable than x100 with tighter dispersion.  it doesn't feel overly stout but plays it, if that makes sense.  heard others call it whippy but i would not.  the ball just seems to want to curve a little less and be struck out of the middle a little more often.... it's weird but im sold, taking the plunge on a full set!

Thanks!

Did you end up in 105X or 125X for your set?

On 10/23/2023 at 3:32 PM, Darth_Fader said:

Thanks!

Did you end up in 105X or 125X for your set?

125 since always been in that range

• Thanks 1

TM 2024 BRNR Mini 11.5 Kai'li

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degree, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degree 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degree

T100 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Vokey SM10 50(f), 55(s), 60(m)

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, GarretG said:

Anyone know what the profile of these are similar to? Are they in any way most similar to a Ventus Black/Blue/Red profiles? I’m trying to find some to test but haven’t had any luck within any local facilities 😕

I have the 105X and it feels most like the Ventus Blue

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Tensei AV White 65X / BRNR 13.5 - Black RDX 6.5 / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / ZX7 Modus 115 X 5-P, SM9 52.12 Modus 115X / SM9 56.10 - PX 6.0 / SM9 60.08 PX Wedge 6.0/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Agreed there 

• Like 2

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

7 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Yeah, I was really hoping it would be more like Ventus Black. I have a Black 9TX in a 2 iron and love it. But I put the Axiom 105X in a 4 iron and get a lot more movement out of it more similar to Ventus Blue.

• Like 1

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

A little shocked we haven’t seen any of these in driving irons on tour yet. 

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist GT3 9.0 w/ Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Black 6-X

Titleist GT2 13.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus TR VeloCore Red 8-X

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Project X HZRDUS Gen4 Black 105 HY TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 4:07 PM, PNW said:

Yeah, I was really hoping it would be more like Ventus Black. I have a Black 9TX in a 2 iron and love it. But I put the Axiom 105X in a 4 iron and get a lot more movement out of it more similar to Ventus Blue.

Did you buy the long iron version of Axiom and tip it per their recommendations?  Ventus HB 9TX seems pretty popular in a 2 iron, but I feel like the right answer for a 4 iron probably exists somewhere between a 105x Axiom Long parallel, a hard-stepped mid parallel, a tipped Ventus Black 9TX, and an untipped Ventus Black 10TX, given the shorter length.

I'm considering upgrading the Thump 100x hybrid shaft in my ZX utility 4 iron for tighter dispersion and I'm intrigued by the Axiom.  It would be solid to get a relatively close HB performer in a utility iron for almost $100 less, and I play my irons 0.5" short so I like the lower balance point of the Axiom.  There's just not enough info to truly feel good about taking a shot in the dark right now, and it's hard to find places to test these.  That's been my problem with Ventus - I feel like I could ostensibly play every darn one of them with some sort of weight/tipping adjustment, and they're too dang expensive to test.

I reached out to Fuji via e-mail about Axiom vs. Ventus HB, so we'll see what they say.  If I was buying tonight, I'd say I'm leaning towards hard stepping the 105x mid iron.  I should just put an X100 in it and be done with it, but the prospect of a few extra yards and tighter dispersion is so tempting...

On 1/6/2024 at 1:29 PM, ForTourUseOnly said:

A little shocked we haven’t seen any of these in driving irons on tour yet. 

I'm a little late to the party, but given how expensive a quality hybrid shaft can get, the thought of an Axiom starts to get interesting as a one off for a long iron.  It's a bit of untested waters that it seems like people are asking about, but no one is really exploring.

I love to overthink things - for my own part, I'm worried that the long iron might be a little too high traj/spinny at 105, and I feel like you lose some of the speed advantage by stepping up in weight to 125 - maybe therein lies the reason tour pros aren't biting (aside from being slow to change what works). 

• Like 1

I have a 105X in my Ping Icrossover 2 iron and it’s real nice. It’s very smooth feeling to me. Kind of a mid trajectory for me. 

WITB - 5/23/24

Driver: TSR3 - 9* HZRDUS Black G4 6.5 60G

4W: TSR2 16.5* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5 70G

7W: TSR2 21* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5 80G

4H: TSR2 21* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5 80G

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S/54H/58H/62T - DG X100TI

Odyssey AI One Rossie S / TaylorMade TP Collection Juno

Ball : ProV1 for now not 100% commited to it though

3 hours ago, Poor Mans Ty Webb said:

Did you buy the long iron version of Axiom and tip it per their recommendations?  Ventus HB 9TX seems pretty popular in a 2 iron, but I feel like the right answer for a 4 iron probably exists somewhere between a 105x Axiom Long parallel, a hard-stepped mid parallel, a tipped Ventus Black 9TX, and an untipped Ventus Black 10TX, given the shorter length.

I'm considering upgrading the Thump 100x hybrid shaft in my ZX utility 4 iron for tighter dispersion and I'm intrigued by the Axiom.  It would be solid to get a relatively close HB performer in a utility iron for almost $100 less, and I play my irons 0.5" short so I like the lower balance point of the Axiom.  There's just not enough info to truly feel good about taking a shot in the dark right now, and it's hard to find places to test these.  That's been my problem with Ventus - I feel like I could ostensibly play every darn one of them with some sort of weight/tipping adjustment, and they're too dang expensive to test.

I reached out to Fuji via e-mail about Axiom vs. Ventus HB, so we'll see what they say.  If I was buying tonight, I'd say I'm leaning towards hard stepping the 105x mid iron.  I should just put an X100 in it and be done with it, but the prospect of a few extra yards and tighter dispersion is so tempting...

I'm a little late to the party, but given how expensive a quality hybrid shaft can get, the thought of an Axiom starts to get interesting as a one off for a long iron.  It's a bit of untested waters that it seems like people are asking about, but no one is really exploring.

I love to overthink things - for my own part, I'm worried that the long iron might be a little too high traj/spinny at 105, and I feel like you lose some of the speed advantage by stepping up in weight to 125 - maybe therein lies the reason tour pros aren't biting (aside from being slow to change what works). 

Yeah it was the standard 4 iron and tipping guidelines for my install on the Axiom 105X. I totally agree about what you’re thinking and was nearly bought a Ventus Black 10X to put in instead and should have just done that. I’d love to hear any other suggestions. I’ll give it a little more time and then might switch back to TGI 100 or 110 in the meantime. I also have a KBS Proto Hybrid 105 S+ lying around that I will probably try

would love to hear what Fuji says if they respond!

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 9:19 PM, byoshio82 said:

I have a 105X in my Ping Icrossover 2 iron and it’s real nice. It’s very smooth feeling to me. Kind of a mid trajectory for me. 

What shaft in your irons?

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

7 hours ago, Mookie91 said:

What shaft in your irons?

$-taper 130x’s and Ventus Red in Driver and 4 wood, Ventus blue in 7 wood. I could definitely see trying the 125’s in wedges and either do the 125’s in the irons or 105’s but not this season. 

• Thanks 1

WITB - 5/23/24

23 hours ago, ericft said:

Checking in here to see if any folks that have used axiom shafts have stayed with them or moved onto something else? What weight axiom and flex and what did you move to if any? And why? Wondering if these are as popular as Ventus? Is there a new axiom coming out with velocore +? 

I still got mine and love them 

19 hours ago, byoshio82 said:

$-taper 130x’s and Ventus Red in Driver and 4 wood, Ventus blue in 7 wood. I could definitely see trying the 125’s in wedges and either do the 125’s in the irons or 105’s but not this season. 

I’m debating 105s or 105x.  Game Nippon 105X.

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

On 1/5/2024 at 4:07 PM, PNW said:

I would say you also try the LP version of the 125X as I love it in my 5 iron and while absolutely still ahve some feel, you can press on it and it will perform. BUt it seems like you tried that combo perhaps. 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9 degrees - Ventus Black 6TX

Titleist TSR3 4W 16.5 degrees - Ventus TR Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 5HY 24 @ 23 degrees - Ventus Black 9TX HB

Taylormade Stealth UDI 2 Iron (18 Degrees) - Ventus Black 10TX HB

Mizuno Pro 223 5-PW Axiom 125X

Mizuno Pro 223 GW @ 50 degrees - BGT ZNE Wedge 130g 

SM9 Jet Black (54 degrees D Grind & 58 degrees K Grind) - BGT ZNE Wedge Shaft 130g
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 with BGT Stability Tour Blackout 
Srixon ZSTAR XV or Titleist AVX

49 minutes ago, acemac14 said:

I would say you also try the LP version of the 125X as I love it in my 5 iron and while absolutely still ahve some feel, you can press on it and it will perform. BUt it seems like you tried that combo perhaps. 

that might be so but if I’m looking to use a ~125g shaft in my 4 iron I’d just use X100 or PX 6.0. I’ve used just about all of the tour weight graphite iron shafts at this point and the benefits in my opinion are 1) if you have tendinitis and play often or 2) in long irons where you can drop a little weight but maintain stability. Otherwise I feel like I’m just throwing $125 away to get a “Velocore” label in my bag

edit to add: having played the 105X I could see PZ LZ and Blueboard users liking it. I don’t prefer mid bend profiles and I don’t know if the 125X variant is the same. 

Edited by PNW
  • Like 1

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

4 hours ago, Mookie91 said:

I’m debating 105s or 105x.  Game Nippon 105X.

I don’t get along with Nippon shafts so hard to say what would be best. Also depends what it’s going into and what you’re looking for in terms of ball flight. 

• Thanks 1

WITB - 5/23/24

On 10/23/2023 at 3:28 PM, JLP_GOLF said:

Axiom is the furthest thing from whippy, I have no idea who dreamed that up lol.  It is unbelievably stable at 105 s, and I am used to heavier shafts.

You are correct, the ball not only curves less, but it starts closer to my intended line more often.  They are like cheating

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 - Hzrdus T1100 Hulk

Sub 70 949 Pro Hybrid 19 and 22* - Recoil Dart 95x

Srixon ZX7 - MMT's 105TX SSx1

Sub 70 JB Forged 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*- MMT Scoring

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat

5 hours ago, PNW said:

that might be so but if I’m looking to use a ~125g shaft in my 4 iron I’d just use X100 or PX 6.0. I’ve used just about all of the tour weight graphite iron shafts at this point and the benefits in my opinion are 1) if you have tendinitis and play often or 2) in long irons where you can drop a little weight but maintain stability. Otherwise I feel like I’m just throwing $125 away to get a “Velocore” label in my bag

edit to add: having played the 105X I could see PZ LZ and Blueboard users liking it. I don’t prefer mid bend profiles and I don’t know if the 125X variant is the same. 

Yea with what your feels are and preferences makes total sense but still cool to know your thoughts on where it works and where it doesn’t. I love mine and have more confidence in the stability and trusting my swing with my irons…..but I had come from shafts that weren’t exactly perfect for what I wanted to see and my SS.  Have a good weekend man. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9 degrees - Ventus Black 6TX

Titleist TSR3 4W 16.5 degrees - Ventus TR Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 5HY 24 @ 23 degrees - Ventus Black 9TX HB

Taylormade Stealth UDI 2 Iron (18 Degrees) - Ventus Black 10TX HB

Mizuno Pro 223 5-PW Axiom 125X

Mizuno Pro 223 GW @ 50 degrees - BGT ZNE Wedge 130g 

SM9 Jet Black (54 degrees D Grind & 58 degrees K Grind) - BGT ZNE Wedge Shaft 130g
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 with BGT Stability Tour Blackout 
Srixon ZSTAR XV or Titleist AVX

58 minutes ago, acemac14 said:

Yea with what your feels are and preferences makes total sense but still cool to know your thoughts on where it works and where it doesn’t. I love mine and have more confidence in the stability and trusting my swing with my irons…..but I had come from shafts that weren’t exactly perfect for what I wanted to see and my SS.  Have a good weekend man. 

Appreciate the suggestion. It’s a real Goldilocks situation over here if I’m being honest 

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

I saw that these are available in the new ping wedges, but not the new ping irons which I thought was weird. 

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

My fitter spoke to Ping and they are available in the new Blueprint S / T irons. They must be built by the WRXdept and adds acouple weeks to your order time.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST ◆◆◆  / Tour AD HD  

4wood - Cobra RadSpeed / Tour AD IZ

Hybrid - Callaway Apex / Tour AD DI 

Irons - Cobra Forge Tec  /  Dart V 90  

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 6  52 / 58 

Putter - TM Spider X   Ball - Titleist AVX

On 2/17/2024 at 7:30 PM, Golfinfloridaafter40 said:

Axiom is the furthest thing from whippy, I have no idea who dreamed that up lol.  It is unbelievably stable at 105 s, and I am used to heavier shafts.

You are correct, the ball not only curves less, but it starts closer to my intended line more often.  They are like cheating

i see you have steelfiber in your wedges, do the axiom feel similar? I have modus 105s and need some direction

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

4 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

i see you have steelfiber in your wedges, do the axiom feel similar? I have modus 105s and need some direction

Per my swing speed, I create a little more spin than most with wedges.  Axiom adds spin so it was a bad fit for me in wedges, the SF's have more "feel" and don't seem to add the extra spin or at least as much, plus they are a few grams heavier which is good since wedge heads are heavier than iron heads.  I got X flex SF's and soft stepped them. 

I am going to compare them to the MMT 105 TX's soon which definitely kill spin and are really about 114g.  One of the two will be my wedge shafts going forward.

BTW  The rumor is, that Fuji is making a wedge shaft with velocore at some point.  I am not connected with insider info, just watched a fitting video at the Fuji factory in Cali and the fitter that worked for them mentioned it.  I think they know they are missing out on a big market for wedge shafts.  Imagine the stability and dispersion of Ventus but lower spin. $$$$$$

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 - Hzrdus T1100 Hulk

Sub 70 949 Pro Hybrid 19 and 22* - Recoil Dart 95x

Srixon ZX7 - MMT's 105TX SSx1

Sub 70 JB Forged 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*- MMT Scoring

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat