2024 mizuno MP iron range

Stu1987

53 minutes ago, Cstobaugh said:

Anybody know if mizuno will bend loft more than 2°? I’m thinking of turning a 241 pw into a gap wedge. I know it adds bounce but I could use a little more bounce. Dont love speciality gap wedges (have rtx6 54/60). Wanna turn a 46 into a 50-is that possible? 

With every Mizuno blade I've had, you can go 4º like butter....but....things can get weird depending on the model, but most are okay. But Mizuno has bent them 3º from factory before, that's the highest I've heard of from factory before. 

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

31 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

I tested all 3 heads today. I liked the 245 best by a wide margin. The blade is the blade. Reminded me of the look, feel, and numbers of the MP20 and 221. Nice iron but I wouldn’t play it compared to some others on the market. It’s playable but I don’t see the point. 243 was nice. The sole is well done and these retain lots of spin. No different to my MMC. Maybe a touch softer? But I prefer my MMC and get better numbers with them. YMMV and I’m very used to them as I played them all year. The 245 blew me away. It is without question the best feeling hollow bodied iron I’ve ever hit. The spin is playable though it does fluctuate more than the others. It would be a mental battle as to whether or not I’d play them as a faster swing speed player.  If I let myself go at it a bit too hard it did have the weird long ball in it. If I was going to do anything with this range I’d do a set of 245 a couple of degrees weak. That said, I was also hitting the Z forged II against these and they gave me perfect numbers, better feel, better through the turf, and more consistency. 

If you’re on the fence thinking a 245 will be too big or game improvement in looks, feel, and numbers, definitely be reassured that it is an awesome iron and looks more “player” like than previous generations. The guy who works at the store I hit them at that knows my swing well could not get over how good the 245 sounded. 

Agreed. Including the Z Forged. It was very playable. 
245’s will be the number 1 selling iron for them this year. Unreal feel in a hollow package, they nailed it. 

• Like 1

243’s with dg 120’s showed up today so took them to the sim. Also, took the 245 gap. 
243’s have a solid feel when pured but miss is a weird clank and dead feeling. But they still go. Coming from P790’s and Kyoei KK CB’s different feel. Now the 245 Gap feels amazing so think the 245’s will be the ticket. 243 PW went 145 no issue and 245 Gap 125 but when I used it green side 20-30 out man does it feel great. I took a 52/56/60 and never once used the 52 so might have space for an extra club. We’ll see once the 245’s are built in a few weeks. Bag is looking good forthe now. May end up selling the 243’s. Time will tell. 

IMG_2666.jpeg.b2b2b35bc6d3ef3935ffd7ce0827ead4.jpeg

Edited by SaunaKing

16 minutes ago, SaunaKing said:

243’s with dg 120’s showed up today so took them to the sim. Also, took the 245 gap. 
243’s have a solid feel when pured but miss is a weird clank and dead feeling. But they still go. Coming from P790’s and Kyoei KK CB’s different feel. Now the 245 Gap feels amazing so think the 245’s will be the ticket. 243 PW went 145 no issue and 245 Gap 125 but when I used it green side 20-30 out man does it feel great. I took a 52/56/60 and never once used the 52 so might have space for an extra club. We’ll see once the 245’s are built in a few weeks. Bag is looking good forthe now. May end up selling the 243’s. Time will tell. 

I didn’t think that was the case at all, not sure where you’re missing them on the face, but could be a lie angle issue for you as well.

16 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

I didn’t think that was the case at all, not sure where you’re missing them on the face, but could be a lie angle issue for you as well.

Agreed. They are exceptionally soft feeling. Zero clank to them at all. To me, the 241 feels soft with exceptional feedback and a unique dense sensation (ball melting into face), 243 is the epitome of soft (almost feels like you didn't hit anything on a perfect strike), and 245 feels soft with a powerful dense connected feel behind it. 

50 minutes ago, SaunaKing said:

How come you went with 245 gap and not 243?

1 hour ago, Tree Levino said:

I tested all 3 heads today. I liked the 245 best by a wide margin. The blade is the blade. Reminded me of the look, feel, and numbers of the MP20 and 221. Nice iron but I wouldn’t play it compared to some others on the market. It’s playable but I don’t see the point. 243 was nice. The sole is well done and these retain lots of spin. No different to my MMC. Maybe a touch softer? But I prefer my MMC and get better numbers with them. YMMV and I’m very used to them as I played them all year. The 245 blew me away. It is without question the best feeling hollow bodied iron I’ve ever hit. The spin is playable though it does fluctuate more than the others. It would be a mental battle as to whether or not I’d play them as a faster swing speed player.  If I let myself go at it a bit too hard it did have the weird long ball in it. If I was going to do anything with this range I’d do a set of 245 a couple of degrees weak. That said, I was also hitting the Z forged II against these and they gave me perfect numbers, better feel, better through the turf, and more consistency. 

If you’re on the fence thinking a 245 will be too big or game improvement in looks, feel, and numbers, definitely be reassured that it is an awesome iron and looks more “player” like than previous generations. The guy who works at the store I hit them at that knows my swing well could not get over how good the 245 sounded. 

I'm gonna brave it. Just ordered the 245's and I guess I'm just gonna have to see about the spin and the jumpers. I'm pretty high speed and this is what I've been on the fence about, but they can always be bent a little to help out, right? I ordered them with my C-Tapers, we'll see how that goes too.

6 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I'm gonna brave it. Just ordered the 245's and I guess I'm just gonna have to see about the spin and the jumpers. I'm pretty high speed and this is what I've been on the fence about, but they can always be bent a little to help out, right? I ordered them with my C-Tapers, we'll see how that goes too.

Don’t stress. I find it easy to just hit smooth 75% swings and they just hit target with ample spin and great feel. I’m starting to warm to this kind of iron as it just makes you feel as though you can put a smooth, solid swing on it and it’s going to go the distance and hit target. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

How come you went with 245 gap and not 243?

I had ordered the 245 heads before I decided to try the 243’s. So I have the gap just to try with the 243’s until 5’s are built. If I keep the 243’s then I may order the matching gap, just use my sm9 48 or 50 or keep the 245. Not sure yet how it’s all going to work out 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

Don’t stress. I find it easy to just hit smooth 75% swings and they just hit target with ample spin and great feel. I’m starting to warm to this kind of iron as it just makes you feel as though you can put a smooth, solid swing on it and it’s going to go the distance and hit target. 

Maybe I'll have to learn that skill set. I've never not had blades (I'm 44 now🤨) and I've always swung hard cause I'm a neanderthal hockey player. Smoothing irons has always brought the left ball into play, but perhaps this old dog can learn a new trick.

Dang, will have to take another go at the 245!  I've convinced myself I need higher spinning clubs, but maybe I'd just go   6-GW in the 245 and the distances/spins would be fine vs another set of more traditionally lofted clubs at 5-PW. Just the numbers on the bottom of the club would be different as someone said earlier, and maybe I'd hit a 27* 6 iron length better than a 27* 5 iron length...🤔  Have some fun experiments coming this year for my irons. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

17 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Maybe I'll have to learn that skill set. I've never not had blades (I'm 44 now🤨) and I've always swung hard cause I'm a neanderthal hockey player. Smoothing irons has always brought the left ball into play, but perhaps this old dog can learn a new trick.

Also a hockey player and weight lifter and I’m the same. I don’t mean trying to have swing cuts in there more just like a full swing but not trying to hammer it?

4 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

Dang, will have to take another go at the 245!  I've convinced myself I need higher spinning clubs, but maybe I'd just go   6-GW in the 245 and the distances/spins would be fine vs another set of more traditionally lofted clubs at 5-PW. Just the numbers on the bottom of the club would be different as someone said earlier, and maybe I'd hit a 27* 6 iron length better than a 27* 5 iron length...🤔  Have some fun experiments coming this year for my irons. 

I would go full 5-GW. They’re beautiful clubs. They spin plenty. 

2 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

Thanks for this feedback. Curious, have you hit the 225’s?  If so, how would you compare it with the 245’s?

23 minutes ago, Grouchykona said:

Thanks for this feedback. Curious, have you hit the 225’s?  If so, how would you compare it with the 245’s?

Yes. To me, the feel is night and day better. These look better from address and feel amazing. 

Edited by Tree Levino
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree Levino said:

Agreed. They are exceptionally soft feeling. Zero clank to them at all. To me, the 241 feels soft with exceptional feedback and a unique dense sensation (ball melting into face), 243 is the epitome of soft (almost feels like you didn't hit anything on a perfect strike), and 245 feels soft with a powerful dense connected feel behind it. 

I can’t get over how forgiving the 221 are for a smaller blade. How did you find the 241 to be in forgiveness? 

27 minutes ago, Cstobaugh said:

I can’t get over how forgiving the 221 are for a smaller blade. How did you find the 241 to be in forgiveness? 

They’re playable. For some the thinner sole helps. I don’t think they’re “forgiving”. I always find mizuno blades pretty quick off the face and give me tight numbers. I would not play them. I’m scratch and I’ve played my last 4 rounds at -5 cumulatively and I wouldn’t play the full set personally. I would play a full set of Z forged II though. No idea why but they feel as easy to hit as the 243 to me. There is a measurable forgiveness difference between 243 and 241. I have played full sets of MP20 and 221 and I wouldn’t go that road again. I enjoy my golf much more in the MMC, 223, 243 style. Won matchplay Club C with my MMC this year and there are no shots that I wish I had a set of their blades for. I could play them with no issue I just have no desire to. The Z forged II on the other hand are sitting in my basement waiting for me to install MMT 125 TX. Not sure if those will be the final shafts but highly likely those heads become the gamers. Something about Srixon blades just feels easier. I noticed a very stark difference in playability between the Z forged II and 241 for my swing. 

If I had to play a set of the new Mizunos this season I would have a very hard time not taking the 245 because of how cool they feel but I would do 243 just from a familiarity standpoint. I should also note that I prefer the 223 to the 243. 

Edited by Tree Levino
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

Yes. To me, the feel is night and day better. These look better from address and feel amazing. 

I played the 225's for about a year and a half. I've owned the 245's for about a month. I do like what they've done to slim the 245's down with blade length and top line. The feel to me is a more solid feel compared to the 225. I loved my 225's, so I'm excited to get more time in better weather with the 245's.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

2 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

They’re playable. For some the thinner sole helps. I don’t think they’re “forgiving”. I always find mizuno blades pretty quick off the face and give me tight numbers. I would not play them. I’m scratch and I’ve played my last 4 rounds at -5 cumulatively and I wouldn’t play the full set personally. I would play a full set of Z forged II though. No idea why but they feel as easy to hit as the 243 to me. There is a measurable forgiveness difference between 243 and 241. I have played full sets of MP20 and 221 and I wouldn’t go that road again. I enjoy my golf much more in the MMC, 223, 243 style. Won matchplay Club C with my MMC this year and there are no shots that I wish I had a set of their blades for. I could play them with no issue I just have no desire to. The Z forged II on the other hand are sitting in my basement waiting for me to install MMT 125 TX. Not sure if those will be the final shafts but highly likely those heads become the gamers. Something about Srixon blades just feels easier. I noticed a very stark difference in playability between the Z forged II and 241 for my swing. 

I'm going to double down on the Mizuno blade argument here. I also play off scratch or better and haven't found any reason to move into the last 3 blade offerings. That's a good way to put it - there are no shots that I hit with the MP-5 where I wish I had a newer blade. The MP-5's are as forging a "blade" as has ever been made and they feel amazing. Now down the road, with Mizuno coming out and saying that 241 is the smallest blade they've ever made, I just don't see the point of moving into them. With new tech, they've got the scoring clubs pinned down in all their sets, the 225 4-iron was a joke to hit and I can only imagine that the 245 is even easier and by all accounts, the 245's feel as good as they possibly can. I thought I'd play blades for life, but I'm out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

If I had to play a set of the new Mizunos this season I would have a very hard time not taking the 245 because of how cool they feel but I would do 243 just from a familiarity standpoint. I should also note that I prefer the 223 to the 243. 

Appreciate your feedback. You are trustworthy in this world for sure! I’m scratch also. -1 yesterday in 35° 15 mph. Playing my backup mp20. Something about a blade just gets me on top of my game. Interesting comments about the z forged. They ‘feel’ the part? I’ve read on here some mixed reviews. 

28 minutes ago, Cstobaugh said:

Appreciate your feedback. You are trustworthy in this world for sure! I’m scratch also. -1 yesterday in 35° 15 mph. Playing my backup mp20. Something about a blade just gets me on top of my game. Interesting comments about the z forged. They ‘feel’ the part? I’ve read on here some mixed reviews. 

I don’t want to muddy the waters in a mizuno thread but to answer your question, the ZFII feel incredible and due to the way they go through the ground, I actually think they feel better. They spin a touch less and are much more forgiving in my opinion. I only mentioned them as I hit them back to back with the 24x series. 

Slowest week ever.  January 8th is taking too long to get here.  

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Apex Pro 2H & 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY

Callaway X-Forged UT 4i - Steelfiber HLS 880
Mizuno Pro 243 5i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 58* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

5 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

THIS IS MUSIC to my Ears

thanks so much 

was already convinced to go 245 and this is perfect to hear 

going 5-GW 28 Weak

wish me Luck

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

4 minutes ago, Morry said:

THIS IS MUSIC to my Ears

thanks so much 

was already convinced to go 245 and this is perfect to hear 

going 5-GW 28 Weak

wish me Luck

2*weak .....not 28

🙂

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

1 hour ago, Morry said:

2*weak .....not 28

🙂

I think at 28º weak, they're just back to 1980's spec's😆

• Haha 1

I have got to hit both the 243 and the 223 on the Trackman one after the other. I have hit both on separate days with the same shaft, and simply cannot tell which I prefer. Both feel like butter. Very similar numbers from the pics that I snapped. Maybe a yard more with the 243. The 223 is currently selling for half the price of the 243, but I’ve read past reviews griping about the 7 to 8 iron transition on that former model. Also need to make sure the 5 iron is very hittable. Will do a fitting tomorrow. 

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

19 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

I should also note that I prefer the 223 to the 243. 

Great info in your posts.  Will you elaborate on what/why you prefer the 223 to the 243?

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

I hit the 245 and 241 today. I'm ordering a set, 4-pw, of the 245. They feel amazing. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red