2024 Callaway balls

GC70

9 hours ago, FISHSTIX said:

Felt the need to update here after my previous negative comments. I bought another sleeve of CTs on a whim yesterday and wow this ball is good. Played 18 with the same ball and no durability issues at all. I must have had a bad batch previously. I enjoyed it so much I just bought several dozen and think I have my ball for the season. Long off the driver and irons, soft off the putter, enough spin around the greens. It's great. I've been testing several of the 2024 balls over the past few weeks vs. the Pro V1 that I played all last season and for me (100-105 SS) and my subjective ranking is below for those in the same boat looking for a ball. But I think it's CT for me. 

Driver Distance:

TP5x

CT

BX

CTX

ProV1

Iron Distance:

CT

TP5x

BX

ProV1

CTX

Short Game Spin:

CTX

BX

CT

TP5x

ProV1

Putter Feel (Soft to Hard): 

ProV1

CT

CTX

TP5x

BX

Out of curiosity, what would you say the difference in distances were for Driver and Irons?  Marginal or large gaps?  We are around the same SS so trying to get a better idea before I buy a couple sleeves of each.

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

8 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

After 25 years of watching 5 others get holes in one, the gods delivered mine today with the CT. Just an outstanding ball, everybody should play it! 😂

Outstanding!!!  Congrats

• Thanks 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

11 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Bridgestone is better in the wind...by a fairly significant margin. The tour b x just doesn't move much in the wind and it travels farther into the wind than any other ball.

Played in a 2 club wind yesterday and was able to hit b x (my gamer for years) and ct on every shot. B x was almost 1 club longer into wind than ct on iron shots.

Did you get to compare CTX as it's closer to a BX profile?  And is the BX you're using the latest model?

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GF, 8GB 45"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 16GF, 5GB 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i (TX)

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, T20 60.06, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

10 hours ago, hammergolf said:

For me and from my testing the Bridgestone Tour BX is the best. Especially in crosswinds. It also ranks highest in Ping’s Balnamic testing for wind performance.

Did you get to compare CTX as it's closer to the BX profile?  And is the CTX/CT on Ballnamic yet?

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GF, 8GB 45"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 16GF, 5GB 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i (TX)

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, T20 60.06, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

5 minutes ago, aussieb said:

Did you get to compare CTX as it's closer to a BX profile?  And is the BX you're using the latest model?

I actually compared the ‘22BX, ‘24BX, and CTX. I still haven’t made my final decision which one I’ll play, but currently the ‘22BX is what I’m playing. Weather is still not good yet and courses are dormant and wet. As it warms up and gets firmer I’ll do more testing and determine my choice.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

These guys make great videos.

• Like 4

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Chrome Tour 

14 hours ago, iKOH423 said:

Out of curiosity, what would you say the difference in distances were for Driver and Irons?  Marginal or large gaps?  We are around the same SS so trying to get a better idea before I buy a couple sleeves of each.

Pretty marginal off the driver - a few yards longer with the TP5x vs. the CT. Opposite for me with the irons, the CT is a few yards longer than the TP5x particularly off the 7-6-5 iron which I think is mostly due to the TP5x flying higher than the CT.

9 hours ago, aussieb said:

I only tested ctx indoors with driver against the 24 b x. 

Ctx had a spin window that was solidly 400 rpm higher than b x. Ballspeed was about the same, maybe a tiny tick higher with ctx...but avgs were nearly identical. 

I have put the 24 bx up against 22 bx and they're basically the same ball. That's what I love about Bridgestone...I know what I'm getting every model release.

My on-course comparison of ct and bx was with the 22 bx.

• Like 1

Played CT again yesterday, super windy, I really like this ball.  Hit some really good drives into the wind and down wind.  I’ve been bitching about my driver shaft in some other threads but think a swing adjustment has that straightened out and hit it really good.  I worry about the CT stoping on the greens but yesterday had a 80 yard straight down wind wedge.  It hit bounced about 3 feet and stopped dead.  I don’t really see a ton of difference in the CT and CTX with my game, but the CT seems to fit me good, think I am gaining a lot on the iron shots over the Prov1x I played before.  

my only complaint is the Callaway logo, I just aalways liked how I marked my PRoV1x and now I have to find a new spot on this rounded logo.   I’ve always loved Titleist but can’t see myself going back, not this year with this set of clubs.  They fit great!

Edited by TWGator
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TWGator said:

Played CT again yesterday, super windy, I really like this ball.  Hit some really good drives into the wind and down wind.  I’ve been bitching about my driver shaft in some other threads but think a swing adjustment has that straightened out and hit it really good.  I worry about the CT stoping on the greens but yesterday had a 80 yard straight down wind wedge.  It hit bounced about 3 feet and stopped dead.  I don’t really see a ton of difference in the CT and CTX with my game, but the CT seems to fit me good, think I am gaining a lot on the iron shots over the Prov1x I played before.  

my only complaint is the Callaway logo, I just aalways liked how I marked my PRoV1x and now I have to find a new spot on this rounded logo.   I’ve always loved Titleist but can’t see myself going back, not this year with this set of clubs.  They fit great!

I am the same way. I found that the CT spins barely less than the CTX on long irons and then short irons I get more spin with CT. For whatever reason I compress that ball better (probably lower compression so its easier). It also feels WAY better to me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sheppick.dan said:

I am the same way. I found that the CT spins barely less than the CTX on long irons and then short irons I get more spin with CT. For whatever reason I compress that ball better (probably lower compression so its easier). It also feels WAY better to me. 

Yea I think its longer with the irons than CTX also, very anecdotal but yesterday I hit 3 wood on a hole and guy I was playing with thought it was his, I pulled over and stopped him, he said ok well its 115, so I grabbed a gap wedge and proceeded to hit it 25 yards short, looked over at the 150 and back pin then ranged it 145.  It was downwind and I dropped a CTX pulled out a 9 and hit it clean at the pin and came up short.  Not that I’m a pro but I know how I hit it and I’m pretty certain the CT would’ve been money.  Even if not it helped me feel comfortable that the CT is my ball.

I wish some ballnamic data would drop already to confirm personal experience. I bought a sleeve of CTX and hit a few on quad then on the course today. I feel like it is spinning a ton on irons and full wedges compared to the prov1x I had been playing. Only hit a few on quad and I was getting high 6000 even a few 7300 spin with a 7 iron (124 ball speed), something I never see. 11,000 spin with a 54*. Bonkers. Pretty normal with driver. 22-2400 at 160 ball.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BraddyBlades said:

I wish some ballnamic data would drop already to confirm personal experience. I bought a sleeve of CTX and hit a few on quad then on the course today. I feel like it is spinning a ton on irons and full wedges compared to the prov1x I had been playing. Only hit a few on quad and I was getting high 6000 even a few 7300 spin with a 7 iron (124 ball speed), something I never see. 11,000 spin with a 54*. Bonkers. Pretty normal with driver. 22-2400 at 160 ball.

I had crazy spin with CTX compared to Pro V1X

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sheppick.dan said:

This is the first year I ever gave Callaway a try! I have been just staying with titleist. Decided this year to test all of the balls on my Mevo+ and was shocked at what I found!

Interesting. Did any surpass the titleist in your experience? I liked the idea of more spin but I hit a full 50 degree and the spin was just a little too much with CTX. Feel like I’d have to play more knockdown and feel shots.

21 minutes ago, BraddyBlades said:

Interesting. Did any surpass the titleist in your experience? I liked the idea of more spin but I hit a full 50 degree and the spin was just a little too much with CTX. Feel like I’d have to play more knockdown and feel shots.

I ended up going with the CT. 

for me it’s kind of best of both worlds. Same spin if not slightly better than the V1x and softer. I like a softer ball. 

• Like 1

I am currently testing the CTX, I am not a high spin player, so far it has worked very well for my game, soft of the putter and just the right amount of spin off the irons, the only actual numbers I have is with the driver (2200-2400, 161 ball speed)...haven't hit the CT yet, but it seems like it is better feeling with a bit less spin than the CTX, I will give them as try as well.

• Like 1

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

1 hour ago, robp11 said:

Has anyone tested the yellow ones yet?  

I have 3 simulator rounds in with the yellow, numbers are similar with both white and yellow.  I am not a robot of course, so always some variance with a human involved regardless.  Durability seems ok also. 

3 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Yellow balls play just as good as white balls... A competitor's yellow ball just won a PGA tournament last week...

I think that sometimes they are more durable which is why I asked, especially since I've heard the cover on the Chrome Tour/X is somewhat fragile.  I don't know if this is true or not since I have yet to play this ball, so mainly looking for reports on the durability of the Yellow cover relative to the white cover.  And yes, I'm aware this is a debated topic.  

55 minutes ago, robp11 said:

I think that sometimes they are more durable which is why I asked, especially since I've heard the cover on the Chrome Tour/X is somewhat fragile.  I don't know if this is true or not since I have yet to play this ball, so mainly looking for reports on the durability of the Yellow cover relative to the white cover.  And yes, I'm aware this is a debated topic.  

Durability is a non-issue IMO as I've played both colors and haven't noticed anything different between the 2 based on playing conditions. 

2 hours ago, robp11 said:

I have hit about 300-400 shots into a net with 3 balls. They are showing the black net wear but cover is just fine and holding up well!

50 minutes ago, sheppick.dan said:

I have hit about 300-400 shots into a net with 3 balls. They are showing the black net wear but cover is just fine and holding up well!

I've learned through some years on golfwrx, that durability can be a bit subjective.  Some people it seems worse than others and some have little issue.  I've played both balls now for a few months and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary for a softish urethan cover golf ball.  I totally skull***** a shot recently and yep, it had a little smiley face.  But, I created that problem. 🙂

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Chrome Tour 

57 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I've learned through some years on golfwrx, that durability can be a bit subjective.  Some people it seems worse than others and some have little issue.  I've played both balls now for a few months and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary for a softish urethan cover golf ball.  I totally skull***** a shot recently and yep, it had a little smiley face.  But, I created that problem. 🙂

Yea, lots of different opinions! Usually I throw a ball away because of the stupid ink mark before it’s “worn” out. Then it just goes into the hitting stall where I co time to beat it!

Edited by sheppick.dan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, iputts_28 said:

Finally got in some decent testing with the CT and CTX.  I've been a long time CSX player, so I was eager to test both balls out.  I've taken them out a few times on the course, with expected results, pretty much what the data shows below (although the ball wasn't flying as far in the cold NE weather).  All in all the CTX just seems like a faster CSX, and the CT is just fast, lower spinning, and 1/2 club longer.

Results below were all on a Uneekor indoors... I'm usually on a trackman with RCT ball (indoors), and all carry yardages and ball speed on the Uneekor seemed higher than the trackman (I think this is normal, indoor trackman always feels a couple notches slower across the board than real life... the Unkeekor felt a little longer than real life... so who the heck knows).

Testing was done with Apex MB 2021s, except the 4 iron is the Callaway UT.  I didn't have enough time to compare the CTX to the CSX directly, but the few shots I hit with the CSX were 2-4mph slower than the CTX.  I was putting most of the data on my phone and forgot to add the carry and ballspeed in the early going with the PWs and 7irons.

Carry Spin Ball Speed
PW CT   8800  
PW CTX   9600-9800  

7 Iron CT 180 6000  
7 Iron CTX 175 7000  

5 Iron CT 211 4800 141
5 Iron CTX 209 5400 143

4 Iron CT 220 4550 143
4 Iron CTX 215 5000 149

3 Wood 14* CT 265 3100-3300 162
3 Wood 14* CTX 263 3600-3800 166

Driver 8* CT 300 1500-1900 171
Driver 8* CTX 305 2100-2300 172

I was excited about the CT until I got to the driver... spin was wayyyy lower than I anticipated.  I consider driving the best part of my game, and I'm typically around 2000-2300 on trackman (ss 109-111, upper 270s carry).  Uneekor had be carrying it much longer, with higher swing speeds as well (113-116).  Switched to the CTX and boom... spin numbers and flight were right on track again with a nice boring cut.  I ran out of time but next time I might try upping the loft of my triple diamond to 9* to see if that impacts spin with the CT. I was hoping to make a decision before the 4 for 3 deal goes away, but I still might need a little more testing as I really like the CT numbers on the irons.  Either way though, I came impressed with both balls...

The “Peak WRX” answer to your conundrum is this; play the CT and go get fit for a shiny new driver with more loft.

Do it; you know you wanna!

• Haha 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link