2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 Callaway balls

GC70

8 hours ago, 70sinsight said:

I haven't talked about the wind yet but I played a round last week with 12-15 constant and 20 gusts. The CT held it's line really well, especially into the wind. 

I agree, I played a bunch Friday and Saturday, the only balls that I saw the wind really take were on shots that I didn’t hit well.  

Also for a “low spin” ball, I’m getting more than enough spin, spun a flighted wedge Bach 10 feet yesterday on slow greens.  And it’s super long, what’s not to like?  

but now I only can find at the courses I play with the triple track and I’m not a fan.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:44 PM, sheppick.dan said:

I bought mine off golfballs.com and they did not have the tripletrack. Not sure if it's still going on or not. 

Looks like it most likely went away. I can't find any in store or online that DON'T have the triple track.

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

28 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

Looks like it most likely went away. I can't find any in store or online that DON'T have the triple track.

The local GG had the green and black triple track which I like better than the standard blue and red but also do not care for TT at all.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

16 minutes ago, sheppick.dan said:

That sucks. I was contemplating getting another batch. Although I didn’t mind the triple track it’s not my favorite. 

If someone finds them available somewhere, let me know! I searched a few GG stores, a PGA Superstore, and some Scheels stores and all of them only had the standard triple track.

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

All my CTX have the Triple Track.  While it’s not my favorite, avoiding it wasn’t enough to discourage me from getting 12doz for the price of 6doz after military discount and redeeming some rewards 😂.

• Like 2

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping Blueprint S, 4-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Ping Hoofer Lite

40 minutes ago, reh1224 said:

Maybe I missed it in the thread, ordered chrome tour buy 3 get 1 deal should have them by next Monday.

How does the chrome tour compare to callaway ls x?

Got a 10 or so left over 

Softer feel, spins more around the green, quite similar in all other ways.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

7 hours ago, BraddyBlades said:

I honestly went with a different ball so I didn’t have to play triple tracks lol. I guess I coulda bought them full price but I wanted the deal.

That makes us complete opposites then.  I'll play a pink ball with yellow flower logos on it if it means it gives me the best numbers with high ball speeds.  Top 3 balls for me this year.

1. CTX

2. TP5x

3. left dash

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Been following this thread for a while. Had heard directly from some tour guys that this years offerings where the best balls they had ever played, regardless of brand. Had primarily played the V1x over the years but have had good success with the Z Star XV and more recently the Z Star Diamond. Decided to go CT and oddly enough it doesnt seem to spin enough for me. I have been one traditionally that has fought spin but for me with midirons and short chips and pitches the CT seemed to knuckle on me. Then oddly enough, seemed to spin up a bit with driver. Wondering if maybe the CTX would be a better fit?

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

6 minutes ago, drvrwdge said:

Been following this thread for a while. Had heard directly from some tour guys that this years offerings where the best balls they had ever played, regardless of brand. Had primarily played the V1x over the years but have had good success with the Z Star XV and more recently the Z Star Diamond. Decided to go CT and oddly enough it doesnt seem to spin enough for me. I have been one traditionally that has fought spin but for me with midirons and short chips and pitches the CT seemed to knuckle on me. Then oddly enough, seemed to spin up a bit with driver. Wondering if maybe the CTX would be a better fit?

I am the same as you, CT some shots knuckled on me, CTX good ball but some shots ballooned on me. I need a ball that sits between the two like the "dot" ball. I am going to try the TP5X next. I have never played a TM ball but been seeing some good feedback on it.

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

Just now, Wardonation said:

I am the same as you, CT some shots knuckled on me, CTX good ball but some shots ballooned on me. I need a ball that sits between the two like the "dot" ball. I am going to try the TP5X next. I have never played a TM ball but been seeing some good feedback on it.

TP5x launches 1-2* higher and spins slightly less than CTX from the testing I've done.  It may fit you. 

• Like 2

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Just now, drvrwdge said:

Driver/3 metal was a wash between the CT and CTX as it gave me almost identical numbers.  However, CTX definitely spins more with irons but is noticeable in the short irons/wedges. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

That makes us complete opposites then.  I'll play a pink ball with yellow flower logos on it if it means it gives me the best numbers with high ball speeds.  Top 3 balls for me this year.

1. CTX

2. TP5x

3. left dash

I would play a pink ball with yellow flowers before the triple track. The flowers are random enough not to bother me but if those triple track lines are near the top of the ball and aiming slightly askew it completely messes me up.

11 hours ago, drvrwdge said:

I found the CTX to be lower spin off the driver than CT.  It's a great golf ball though and through.  TP5X is also pretty great haha

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

9 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I found the CTX to be lower spin off the driver than CT.  It's a great golf ball though and through.  TP5X is also pretty great haha

Which ball generally spins more with longer irons (e.g 5 iron) TP5x or CTX? I like the low driver spin of CTX, while its green-side spin is pushing the envelope, it spins a ton, and you really have to allow for that, or go with lower loft when chipping. So, to that end, how do the green-side spin attributes compare? 

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

3 hours ago, wolverine_man said:

Which ball generally spins more with longer irons (e.g 5 iron) TP5x or CTX? I like the low driver spin of CTX, while its green-side spin is pushing the envelope, it spins a ton, and you really have to allow for that, or go with lower loft when chipping. So, to that end, how do the green-side spin attributes compare? 

I'd say the CTX spins more with longer irons but nothing debilitating. I feel the CTX is a little more reliable whereas i've seen the tp5x knuckle a little more. Green side spin i think the CTX is significantly higher. It's the only ball that i've ever ripped off a green with a wedge in my hands. I personally love the feel of it. Tried the 5x and it was too low spin off every club (other than driver). I dont hit it a mile but ball speed is in the high 160's... Unless i am playing the black tee's i want as much spin and control as possible. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:38 AM, TWGator said:

I agree, I played a bunch Friday and Saturday, the only balls that I saw the wind really take were on shots that I didn’t hit well.  

Also for a “low spin” ball, I’m getting more than enough spin, spun a flighted wedge Bach 10 feet yesterday on slow greens.  And it’s super long, what’s not to like?  

but now I only can find at the courses I play with the triple track and I’m not a fan.

:classic_biggrin:

Radar...The player 🤣 : r/mash

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

14 hours ago, wolverine_man said:

Agree with this.  More spin off the mid to long irons with CTX as well as more green side spin.  The TP5X has plenty of spin to game, just less than CTX.  

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

On 4/9/2024 at 7:05 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

I gave my father a sleeve of CTX to try.  The first thing he noticed is how much higher the flight is compared to the Vice Pro/ProV1x he normally plays.  He was getting 10-15 more yards with driver and about 5 with his irons.  However, his ball wasn't spinning enough to his liking with his irons and green side.  Said it's too wild, lol.  I told him to keep playing them then make his decision after going through the sleeve.  He's about 200 yards off the tee though.  It looks like CTX gets plenty of spin for guys that are average to elite ss.  Not so much for the old fogies or slower ss. 

Hit It Tiger Woods GIF

Maybe that explains why I don't spin it a ton off driver haha 

My carry is around 250-260

100-105SS

@phizzy30

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

8 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Agree with this.  More spin off the mid to long irons with CTX as well as more green side spin.  The TP5X has plenty of spin to game, just less than CTX.  

I grabbed a new BX and putted with it indoors. It felt too firm for me off the putter (milled non-insert), and I typical like medium firmness.  BX was suggested to me for wind stability, but the ball felt much firmer than say, a V1x. The putting feel has prevented me from trying it on the course. 

The TP offerings both seem doable with putting, but TP5 may be too soft. How do the new TP5 and 5x do in the wind? I do still like the CTX except for the durability. Not sure how the TP compare there. I think I can keep a sleeve or two V1 on standby for colder weather. 

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

9 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Hit It Tiger Woods GIF

Maybe that explains why I don't spin it a ton off driver haha 

My carry is around 250-260

100-105SS

@phizzy30

Im not much faster I average around 106-108 SS and I was launching at 11-12 spin around 2200. More spin on average than the other balls I tested off driver. Nothing went below 2000 for me personally when my miss can get knuckly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolverine_man said:

I grabbed a new BX and putted with it indoors. It felt too firm for me off the putter (milled non-insert), and I typical like medium firmness.  BX was suggested to me for wind stability, but the ball felt much firmer than say, a V1x. The putting feel has prevented me from trying it on the course. 

The TP offerings both seem doable with putting, but TP5 may be too soft. How do the new TP5 and 5x do in the wind? I do still like the CTX except for the durability. Not sure how the TP compare there. I think I can keep a sleeve or two V1 on standby for colder weather. 

TP5x does just fine in the wind.  However, just be mindful that it does launch a touch higher and spins less in general compared to the CTX.  Haven't tested the TP5 though. 

• Like 1