2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bettinardi 2024

Was tempted by the limited Minovai, but decided not to pull the trigger. 

Think I want to see what the new Inovai looks like when it comes

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

I had seen on the Spy site that the price was gonna be $900. That really had me on the fence. When it was $800 this morning I couldn't resist. 

I'm probably going to leave it in the wrapper until I see what Toulon releases this year. He teased a new "modified" Las Vegas and that has me excited if it's a CH. 

Just got fitted at Club Champion in Del Mar for a Bettinardi BB 2024 series. Coming from a Scotty Cameron Futura 5S (which I am now selling if you're in San Diego) I told Will I have no brand preference, but if I get fitted for mallet, I hope to enjoy looking at it almost as much as playing it. Got fitted for the BB-48 which is new to the BB series and I enjoyed the fit, finish, and feedback I received at the almost 2 hour fitting. You actually feel AND hear the feedback whenever you make contact whether center of slightly toe or heel side even with the Lamkin-Bettinardi jumbo grip. Hitting the sweet spot has a distinct sound where as mishitting it produces a different pitch. I'm sure it's not as drastic as the BB1-W with the actual sound slot. Will mentioned that I am consistently lined up within 0.8 of a degree to the hole because the long white long on the contrasting black pearl PVD finish is easier to see with my right eye because of my right eye dominance. I like that it's not as fast as a polyurethane insert, but I don't have to feel like I'm forcing it to make longer puts. Sounds like Bettinardi listened to their audience because all putter head covers are now magnetic instead of the old velcro. Overall looks, feels, and sounds like a complete package.  I can follow up once I actually receive it from the shop and get a couple of rounds in with it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AlohaCruzin said:

Just got fitted at Club Champion in Del Mar for a Bettinardi BB 2024 series. Coming from a Scotty Cameron Futura 5S (which I am now selling if you're in San Diego) I told Will I have no brand preference, but if I get fitted for mallet, I hope to enjoy looking at it almost as much as playing it. Got fitted for the BB-48 which is new to the BB series and I enjoyed the fit, finish, and feedback I received at the almost 2 hour fitting. You actually feel AND hear the feedback whenever you make contact whether center of slightly toe or heel side even with the Lamkin-Bettinardi jumbo grip. Hitting the sweet spot has a distinct sound where as mishitting it produces a different pitch. I'm sure it's not as drastic as the BB1-W with the actual sound slot. Will mentioned that I am consistently lined up within 0.8 of a degree to the hole because the long white long on the contrasting black pearl PVD finish is easier to see with my right eye because of my right eye dominance. I like that it's not as fast as a polyurethane insert, but I don't have to feel like I'm forcing it to make longer puts. Sounds like Bettinardi listened to their audience because all putter head covers are now magnetic instead of the old velcro. Overall looks, feels, and sounds like a complete package.  I can follow up once I actually receive it from the shop and get a couple of rounds in with it. 

Would love to see that when you get it!

I gamed the Queen B 6 for only a couple rounds and love that, but a face balanced mallet is usually what suits my stroke most, so I'm thinking of getting that one too, or, seeing what the new Inovai comes out looking like.

• 2 weeks later...

This BB28 is a real beauty! Rolled it for the first time today (indoors on a mat).

Has anyone got both the Purple Haze and the Black one?

I'm not sure I want to take the limited one out too much, but it rolls so good! I'm thinking of getting the plain black one to game perhaps.

I still love the Queen B 6 too, but yeah it's a tough one!

Edited by PickItUpGolf

19 hours ago, eric61 said:

I went to Bettinardi’s Studio B in Oak Brook, Illinois, yesterday, and was fitted into a BB1W.

It was a pretty easy fitting. It’s the shape I’ve been fitted into before and that suits my stroke — I’ve just been hoping Bettinardi would make it for lefties, and the 2024 release finally did that.

They use a camera system to check out and explain your stroke and narrow down the options. For me, as someone with some arc to my stroke, the BB1W is really the only lefty option, and it’s what I wanted, so we focused in on it immediately. Then we moved over onto Quintic to dial in the specs. Settled on 2.5 degrees of loft.

They took me back into a little shop area to check out all the grip options. I really like their new Lamkin grip — it’s the Deep Etched shape, but a smooth texture. Reminds me of the Ping PP-58 grip. 

My fitter then build it right then and there. Built it to my specs, plus four wraps of tape under the grip, and then I paid and got to walk out with it.

The studio was great. I could spend an hour just shopping in the main part of the store, and they let me check out the Hive, too. I didn’t buy anything but the putter, but was extremely tempted.

If you get a chance to book a fitting there, or even just drop in to check it out, I would highly, highly recommend it. It was a great experience and I’m thrilled with the putter I was fitted into. 

I have been to the Studio and completely agree with everything you wrote. Very cool place and the people woking there are great!!

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

On 12/19/2023 at 2:11 PM, Shwagin1066 said:

IMG_0638.jpeg.3f8a31fbf0c4bb36f47af9102ccfca2e.jpeg

I like that putter a lot!

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

My issue with them is that they can not tell the truth on simple things.  Their website says putters are milled from a solid block of stainless and they do not use any forgings.  I was lucky enough to go on a tour last year through the shop with a group and there were forgings everywhere throughout.   If you forge and mill then so be it but why lie?  Puts a sour taste in my mouth.

• Confused 2

On 1/1/2024 at 9:14 AM, granata10 said:

I have been to the Studio and completely agree with everything you wrote. Very cool place and the people woking there are great!!

Sadly I had the opposite at Oak Brook.  The fitter seemed overly focused on forward roll - Using the putter outside it hopped like crazy on any putts outside of 10'.  I sadly had to go back to my old trusty Scotty.

Edited by TalkBirdieToMe18
  • Confused 1

On 11/20/2023 at 10:43 PM, ShakeyT said:

The lack of adjustable weights continues to baffle me. Not everyone fits into their stock config & slapping lead tape on it is not a solution for me.

Very true, the fitter looked at be with a blank stare when I asked about the 9 swing weight points I’m losing when they said I needed 33.5” instead of 35”

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, TalkBirdieToMe18 said:

My issue with them is that they can not tell the truth on simple things.  Their website says putters are milled from a solid block of stainless and they do not use any forgings.  I was lucky enough to go on a tour last year through the shop with a group and there were forgings everywhere throughout.   If you forge and mill then so be it but why lie?  Puts a sour taste in my mouth.

What are you talking about here? What is the lie? You joined the site yesterday and have quickly put up 3 posts ripping Bettinardi, but I can’t tell what this post is trying to complain about. What does “forge and then mill” mean and what is the deception?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

1 minute ago, dmeeksDC said:

What are you talking about here? What is the lie? You joined the site yesterday and have quickly put up 3 posts ripping Bettinardi, but I can’t tell what this post is trying to complain about. What does “forge and then mill” mean and what is the deception?

They're saying Bettinardi claims to mill their putters from start to finish from a blank chunk of material. This person is saying that is not the case.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Blue TR 6TX

Titleist TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue TR 7TX

Ping G430 4H Ventus Black 9TX

Srixon ZX7 MkII 4-P Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 50, 55, 60 Project X 6.5
LAB Mezz Max CB TPT

7 minutes ago, Tyrick24 said:

They're saying Bettinardi claims to mill their putters from start to finish from a blank chunk of material. This person is saying that is not the case.

I have not pored over their site. I don’t know what they claim in terms of scope. I do know they mill at least some of their putters from billets of steel. I do not believe they are forging any steel at Bettinardi. 

I will be interested to hear the answer. The way I read it he is saying they forge there and then mill there. I know they mill there. The point is he saw something and has decided it is proof that they are not telling the truth, but he does not indicate what they said when he asked them about it or even if he asked them about it. I would do that before I’d post a conclusion that says they “cannot tell the truth” because that calls into question the integrity of their business. 

19 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I’m not trying to rip them, I think the have the potential to do amazing things.  It is just very apparent that they are more interested in chasing a dollar than being honest and innovative.  I just wish they would clean up their process and tolerances.

And milling is taking a solid block of stainless and milling it to a putter, forging is hammering metal into shape and milling it from there.  To the average / majority of players I’m sure it means nothing, I’m just saying why lie about your process?  

• Confused 2

I have no idea what their process is. But I like their putters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, TalkBirdieToMe18 said:

I’m not trying to rip them, I think the have the potential to do amazing things.  It is just very apparent that they are more interested in chasing a dollar than being honest and innovative.  I just wish they would clean up their process and tolerances.

And milling is taking a solid block of stainless and milling it to a putter, forging is hammering metal into shape and milling it from there.  To the average / majority of players I’m sure it means nothing, I’m just saying why lie about your process?  

You have not proved they are lying. I don’t think you really understand what you are talking about. This sounds bogus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

You have not proved they are lying. I don’t think you really understand what you are talking about. This sounds bogus. 

Directly from their site about not using forging a like other companies.  I have seen forgings when I toured the plant with a group and found this picture someone else took with # search.  Again I highly doubt outside a very small % people would feel a difference but my issue is why go out of the way to say otherwise? My favorite KIA Ma is forged and milled and I love the feel of it. If it’s cheaper and easier fine I’m ok with it but own it.

About-BettinardiGolfStudioB.jpeg.47395153d98ce2d80d4d3e0fa723c3ef.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

Edited by TalkBirdieToMe18
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, TalkBirdieToMe18 said:

Directly from their site about not using forging a like other companies.  I have seen forgings when I toured the plant with a group and found this picture someone else took with # search.  Again I highly doubt outside a very small % people would feel a difference but my issue is why go out of the way to say otherwise? My favorite KIA Ma is forged and milled and I love the feel of it. If it’s cheaper and easier fine I’m ok with it but own it.

About-BettinardiGolfStudioB.jpeg.47395153d98ce2d80d4d3e0fa723c3ef.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

Right or wrong, that specific text just says what he innovated at the time and not what they are currently doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Two very interesting things with this release:

(1) There are multiple neck options for each putter.

(2) The Inovai line is now cheaper than all their other lines ($400), which is the opposite of how they used to run.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

LOVE seeing all these new lefty options! Such a terrific step in the right direction from Bettinardi. Really happy to see this.

• Like 3

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

28 minutes ago, j4663535 said:

Like the neck options, hate the grey/black look. Should be all the same color. 

I think it's a better combo than some others they've done