Titleist GT drivers - 2024 the Memorial Tournament

2 hours ago, goudok said:

I know I had a 910 with UST Axivcore or whatever it was the yellow one, that thing must have been illegal for sure. I used to hit it as far if not further than any driver I've tried up to 5 years ago and then face buckled.  I tried that shaft in TS and TSi and was never the same, so must have been the head.

This 910 is from a former tour pro and it has just the perfect about of hotmelt in the toe and its a aim down the left with a 5 yard almost automatic cut. 8.5 loft.  I love this thing and when it caves I will be a sad individual. 

• Like 1

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch!"

I may have to give the GT4 a try. I knew the TS4 and TSi4 were uber unforgiving, so I never bothered to try them since I don't need that or a super low spin head. But hearing people say TSR4 was a lot better due to the movable weights definitely has me intrigued. I've always liked the smaller more pear shaped driver shapes, like much of the early/mid 2000s drivers.

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - Atmos TS Red 8S

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

16 minutes ago, Yoshifan151 said:

I may have to give the GT4 a try. I knew the TS4 and TSi4 were uber unforgiving, so I never bothered to try them since I don't need that or a super low spin head. But hearing people say TSR4 was a lot better due to the movable weights definitely has me intrigued. I've always liked the smaller more pear shaped driver shapes, like much of the early/mid 2000s drivers.

I played all the drivers you mentioned (currently play the TSR4) and I did not think any of them were unforgiving.  The TSR4 has been the best of the bunch, just a low spin monster.  Like you, I prefer smaller headed drivers too.  They just give me confidence with how good they look behind the ball and for me, they are easier to square up.  Even if the GT4 is only a half percent better, I’ll buy one.  

• Like 3

With the performance I saw from the TRS2..I’m excited to get the GT2 in to play..I’m thinking pre order sometime in September?

• Like 1

Callaway. TD M w/ Ventus Blue-6S

TM Sim Ti 15* w/Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

TM Stage 2 18* w/ Speeder HB-85S

Ping g410 Hybrid 22*w/Alta CB-S

PXG 03117t w/ $-Tapper 115-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* Taylormade Full Toe 58*

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

5 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I played all the drivers you mentioned (currently play the TSR4) and I did not think any of them were unforgiving.  The TSR4 has been the best of the bunch, just a low spin monster.  Like you, I prefer smaller headed drivers too.  They just give me confidence with how good they look behind the ball and for me, they are easier to square up.  Even if the GT4 is only a half percent better, I’ll buy one.  

As I do every two years..  I totally agree with you..

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Golf magazine has a story saying the biggest difference the Tour pros are seeing is less increase in spin on off-center strikes, especially low on the face.  They gave an example of Billy Horschel, who would typically see spin go from 2200 RPM to 2900 RPM when hitting it low on the face, but only saw it go up to 2400 with the GT.

"Tighter spin deltas" is the phrase of the day.

• Like 4

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

1 hour ago, dwboston said:

Golf magazine has a story saying the biggest difference the Tour pros are seeing is less increase in spin on off-center strikes, especially low on the face.  They gave an example of Billy Horschel, who would typically see spin go from 2200 RPM to 2900 RPM when hitting it low on the face, but only saw it go up to 2400 with the GT.

If that is the case sign me up.  I tend to miss low on the face and strike goes from that nice quite sounding thud to this tinny and i know its going 20 yards shorter. 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:19 AM, HeftyLefty5 said:

Is it me or do they look cheap? Give off some DTC vibes at first glance.

I'm not a Titleist devotee but i agree. The TSR is a hard act to follow tho i thought they looked awesome. 

• Like 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

5 hours ago, dwboston said:

So it's a "spinsistency" thing?

• Like 4

I really appreciate how Titleist does not alter the aesthetic at every release like most other OEM’s.  Just incremental changes over time.  The tsi3 was one of my favorite drivers I ever played.  

Will say, the fairways intrigue me a lot.  They always do.  But the ts3 3 wood I played was incredible and could never replace it with the next models.  Just something about the shape at address.  Plus, it was plenty hot off the face. Will be curious to hear about the fairways for sure.

• Like 3

Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x 

Srixon   ZxU mkii 4i   Modus Ghost Stiff 

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

4 hours ago, wam78 said:

I really appreciate how Titleist does not alter the aesthetic at every release like most other OEM’s.  Just incremental changes over time.  The tsi3 was one of my favorite drivers I ever played.  

Will say, the fairways intrigue me a lot.  They always do.  But the ts3 3 wood I played was incredible and could never replace it with the next models.  Just something about the shape at address.  Plus, it was plenty hot off the face. Will be curious to hear about the fairways for sure.

TS line of fairways was legit.  I went back to TS2 in a 5 wood and couldn't be happier.  Not sure why I ever got rid of it for the TSi.  I do like TSr fairways though.

4 hours ago, wam78 said:

I completely agree.  I love their classic look, clean graphics, consistent colors, etc.  I get "to each his own", but all of the complaints I see on this thread about it looking exactly the same as previous generations....if you want turbulators, matte finish, silly graphics on the crown, custom colors options for an upcharge, crappy headcovers; you're on the wrong thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goudok said:

TS line of fairways was legit.  I went back to TS2 in a 5 wood and couldn't be happier.  Not sure why I ever got rid of it for the TSi.  I do like TSr fairways though.

I thought the performance of the TS fairway was fine, I just hated the sound - it was too muted.  TSR plays and sounds great to me.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

1 hour ago, goudok said:

AGREED. Had the TS3 until April of this year.  Didn't see myself getting rid of it because it was just good. BUT... about a 5 week layoff, and my tax return burning a hole in my pocket... found a deal on a new TSr3, the rest is history.  (and the same thing happened to my 913Hd hybrid I said I would never replace) Oh well!  Haven't hit the new TSr fw much yet, but I'm happy with it so far.

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TSR3

Titleist TSi3

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

Anyone know if Åberg is playing the new driver? He’s playing well. Then again he always plays well. 

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

Anyone know if Åberg is playing the new driver? He’s playing well. Then again he always plays well. 

Not sure how many drivers he actually hit. It looks like Zalatoris and Horschel used it, though. Not sure about Homa, Young or others. 

edit: Looks like Kim and Homa put some in play as well. 

Edited by GolfinDave

16 hours ago, dwboston said:

I heard that as well on the Fully Equipped POD with JWall, has me pretty excited about my fitting in a couple weeks.   

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 6/4/2024 at 11:24 AM, maowv said:

Interesting that Titleist moved the GT3 model's weight track so close to the face this time around. Reminds me of playing the TM SLDR driver about a decade ago.

Better late than never. Reminds me of when BlackBerry finally changed their buttons from physical ones to the screen. If you can’t beat’em, join’em. Worked out great for them. 

If the face of the GT2 or 3 has the same forgiveness and spin consistency across the face of TSR2 and the look/distance/sound of the TSR3/4 then it is a winner.

The only problem I have with TSR3 is the spin varies too much. And TSR2 is longer from front to back, not too pleasing with my eyes.

I see the GT2 has that deeper face. I can work with that!

10 hours ago, daybreaker22 said:

Was Homa in the Ventus blue? 

Sure was. Headed there now to catch him and Fowler for a few holes. Teeing off in about an hour. It was also the 2024 version of the Blue. 

Titleist TSR4 Ventus Black 6X

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 Wood Ventus Black 8X

TaylorMade UDI 3 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 95X

Ping i230 4-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50,54,58

L.A.B. DF3

-Pro V1X

Posted (edited)

there mission is kinda similar across all clubs, the irons, wedges, and woods. They are the best/ one of the best. they aren't trying to make any drastic changes. Only small refinements. if it aint broke dont fix it, but if you can fine-tune it to be better, absolutely. 

seems the fairways were the big mission to improve this cycle and the drivers seem to be slightly better on mishits. Just as about any company now is just focused on the mishits. What i think was holding the TSR back was it was slightly more spinny on mishits compared to a smoke TD and others. Seems they have tightened that up this iteration 

these look sweet as usual. Cant wait to get fit for them later this year

Edited by SaVo_

On 6/3/2024 at 10:04 AM, gioguy21 said:

being in the industry a few years, being around country clubs -- and competitive golf; the titleist elitist mentality is a real thing. it's all good man - lol

Yup. Their drivers were a** for years & they still had very high bag counts on every tour. Since TS2/3 they're now on the same level as everyone else. TSR3 is certainly among the best but so are at least half a dozen other models.

The USGA has nerfed the industry and there isn't much any of these guys can do now except improve forgiveness. and even that is close to the end because they're bumping against the MOI limits. With CT, head volume, and size all maxed out, there's not much else to do with a new release now.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:20 PM, dwboston said:

Way better than “spinsistency”

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° Ventus Blue 7X
917F 18° ATX Green 85X

Fli Hi 3i Modus GOST
ZX5 MkII 5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Lab Mezz

ProV1