2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Jeans on the Golf Course - Yay or Nay?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have and never will, not even to the range or practice green. Find some slacks and put them on, Farmer Fran!:crazy: Said with tongue firmly in cheek, no need for anybody to get their jeans in a twist... :cheesy:

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

No way, it is against the course policy where I play but I wouldn't even think about it. They once kicked a member off the range because he showed up in khakis and a black T-shirt. Range of motion is in question when wearing jeans. I can't turn very well when I have them on so I stick with golf pants or shorts.

[quote name='BkgolferNH' timestamp='1298729224' post='3010258']
No way, it is against the course policy where I play but I wouldn't even think about it. They once kicked a member off the range because he showed up in khakis and a black T-shirt. Range of motion is in question when wearing jeans. I can't turn very well when I have them on so I stick with golf pants or shorts.

[/quote]
How tight are your jeans that they restrict your range of motion? Are we talking mid 90's Rocky Mountain's tight? I will never understand this argument against them, but I like to have at least a little bit of breathing room between my skin and my jeans.

[quote name='Prut' timestamp='1299190314' post='3023454']
I will wear jeans. It depends on the course. I've lived in seven or eight different states in my adult life. Have fallen in with some great golf groups and some not so much. [b]Invariably, on the courses where jeans are allowed and guys wear them, the golf and camaraderie are superior. People put slacks on and get smug.[/b]
[/quote]

And I think that this thread is a great example of that. Most of the people saying they would never wear jeans have projected an image of themselves that they believe they are superior to those who do. Their opinion (speaking generally here) of those who do wear them seems to be that they (the people in them) are trash and do not belong on the course.

Those who are willing wear them are more the crowd I'd like to be around. Then again, I'm just a redenck from Southeast Texas, so what do I know.

[quote name='redhawkgolf' timestamp='1299334556' post='3027818']
I wear jeans shorts, and I know it is a sin. I have several reasons for wearing them. One of the reasons is that it ticks off the snobs on this forum.
[/quote]

Are these cutoff Jorts with the strings hanging?

Man you'll give the snobs a coronary!

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir.....and I Never slice"

[quote name='muzz' timestamp='1299338404' post='3027916']
[quote name='redhawkgolf' timestamp='1299334556' post='3027818']
I wear jeans shorts, and I know it is a sin. I have several reasons for wearing them. One of the reasons is that it ticks off the snobs on this forum.
[/quote]

Are these cutoff Jorts with the strings hanging? No. They are neat and fit well. I don't want to give the snobs a coronary.

Man you'll give the snobs a coronary!

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir.....and I Never slice"
[/quote]

[quote name='bigred90gt' timestamp='1299536206' post='3034074']
[quote name='magicmatt' timestamp='1299535063' post='3034019']
i'd wear my 5 year old falling apart black nike sweatpants and a hoodie on the golf course before i'd wear jeans.
[/quote]

Because that's classy.
[/quote]

oh thats right, because jeans on a golf course are.

if im gonna look like a scrub you bet your a** i'm gonna be comfortable

[quote name='magicmatt' timestamp='1299536705' post='3034105']

[/quote]

Do you really think that tattered and torn sweat pants and a hoodie look better than a nice pair of jeans?

Perhaps it is just a regional thing. I live in southeast Texas, and I think I've only been to one course that I did not see someone in a pair of jeans. That was a private course that was hosting our tournament. I dont have a membership to a private club, and I only play them on the occasion that one of our tournaments is at one. 99% of the golf I play is on public courses, and you will always see someone in jeans on the course. I dont think jeans make you look like a scrub, but my opinion of them is obviously different than yours.

I get that some people just dont want to wear them, and more power to them. I cant get past the attitude that comes with it though. It is as though you think you are superior to someone because they are wearing jeans, and that is a piss poor attitude to have in life. At one time, golf was an exclusive activity, for rich white men. Times have changed, and the snobbery associated with golf is changing. Some people cant let go of it, but that is their problem. Half the people in this thread would probably have a stroke if they played a round at a public course down here due to the amount of jeans they would see.

[quote name='bigred90gt' timestamp='1299538247' post='3034213']

[/quote]

Do you really think that tattered and torn sweat pants and a hoodie look better than a nice pair of jeans?

Perhaps it is just a regional thing. I live in southeast Texas, and I think I've only been to one course that I did not see someone in a pair of jeans. That was a private course that was hosting our tournament. I dont have a membership to a private club, and I only play them on the occasion that one of our tournaments is at one. 99% of the golf I play is on public courses, and you will always see someone in jeans on the course. I dont think jeans make you look like a scrub, but my opinion of them is obviously different than yours.

I get that some people just dont want to wear them, and more power to them. I cant get past the attitude that comes with it though. It is as though you think you are superior to someone because they are wearing jeans, and that is a piss poor attitude to have in life. At one time, golf was an exclusive activity, for rich white men. Times have changed, and the snobbery associated with golf is changing. Some people cant let go of it, but that is their problem. Half the people in this thread would probably have a stroke if they played a round at a public course down here due to the amount of jeans they would see.
[/quote]

don't get me wrong, i'd wear neither jeans or sweatpants to a course (range i would), i was just making a point. i am the least snobby person you will ever meet in your life

i do not dress overly nice when i golf, nice cargo shorts (not golf brands) and a nice polo (untucked, always). i don't look like a slob at all.

i honestly have zero desire to golf in weather that would require me to wear pants.

i just read your post again and it has to be a regional thing. you couldn't play up here in jeans unless you're at the bottom of the barrel courses. or maybe they would let you if it was an unexpectedly cold day

[quote name='bigred90gt' timestamp='1299538247' post='3034213']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigred, I think I would enjoy a round with you. Sound like my kind of golfer, out there to have fun, not to impress. Funny the only course I've played that didn't allow jeans was April Sound in Montgomery, TX (in laws live on the course).But I don't have any problem with a course not allowing jeans, that's up to their discretion, and it that's the rule, I'll abide.

But I am seriously shocked by the amount of people who say absolutely not, and especially those that think anyone wearing jeans is a slob or hillbilly. I wear jeans quite often in the cooler weather, yes khakis are more comfortable, I agree, but I wear jeans to work so that is what I wear when I hit the tee. And even in my jeans, I like to think I'm a pretty good guy to play with.

I"m impressed, this thread has stretch out to 30 pages (I bet I have double digit posts in here, I feel strongly), I always come back and check this one.

I do not wear jeans to the course unless I am going just to hit a small bucket. But it doesn't look right on the golf course in my opinion.

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1299693768' post='3040315']

Bigred, I think I would enjoy a round with you. Sound like my kind of golfer, out there to have fun, not to impress. Funny the only course I've played that didn't allow jeans was April Sound in Montgomery, TX (in laws live on the course).But I don't have any problem with a course not allowing jeans, that's up to their discretion, and it that's the rule, I'll abide.

[/quote]

I've never played that course, but have wanted to. I live in Baytown, so it is a bit of a journey for me, but I have driven out there to play Del lago (I think that was it, it is something else now). another one out there I have wanted to play was Wedgewood. I hear good things about it.

Depending on where you are, we can certainly get a round some time.