ONESOMES....find your own friends !!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I wonder if he was the guy in the threesome the starter paired me with yesterday, who then said they would rather play just the three of them......I got paired with two women right behind you, it all worked out, they were better players than the threesome ahead.....

I'm new to the area, my only golfing "buddy" is a guy I work with, who is out with a bad shoulder right now. So if I want to play, I have to go to the course by myself.

WITB
TaylorMade Qi10 9.0 Tensei AV Limited Black 65 S 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 and 5 wood, Tensei AV Limited Blue 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

[quote name='atlanta golfer' post='1986918' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:44 AM']Maybe ten percent of my rounds, I will play as a single.[/quote]

I think I'm just about completely opposite. Of the 150ish rounds a year I play (yes, you read that right), I probably play 90% or more as a single. I only have a handful of friends who golf, and we typically work opposite schedules. I get alot of free time during the week, when they are at work.

i'm sick of these stupid threesomes who keep trying to join up with me when i'm trying to fly solo

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

To the OP, are you and your only two buddies traveling to play in the pacific northwest anytime soon? I would like to invite myself to play in your group as a "ONESOME". I have a great foursome I play in every week, but would be willing to sacrifice for the great stories I am sure to have after playing in your group. :russian_roulette:

I just wanted to share that this thread has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the folks on these forums. I sometimes get frustrated with what seems like an awful lot of posts essentially looking down on people for what they wear, what they bag, or how they play. One even suggesting we don't grow the game due to novices being out there on weekends slowing play.

I am reasonably certain the OP is a real piece of work along these lines and the universal confirmation of that fact has done my heart well.

Well...well...well....I'm out golfin on a nice Sunday afternoon and you girls are all

sittin at your computers poundin on the ol' keyboard talkin about me. I'm touched. Glad

I could give you something to do on a nice weekend when real men are outside enjoying the

weather on the golf course.

I'm sure you've been glued to your computer screens all day waiting for the update so let

me just tell you, we won our scramble tournament with a 14 under par....won on a scorecard

playoff. We eagled....they birdied.

It's OK if you girls want to just live your lives vicariously through me since you're not

allowed out to golf on the weekends. I don't mind.

We raised $5200 dollars, through tourney fees, corporate donations and sponsorships, in

this annual tournament, for the children of a gentleman who passed away 5 years ago. Goes

in a fund for their college education. I'm sure you wanted to know that too.

Wish you all could have been there but since you all play as ONESOMES....well....you know

the story.....we had no openings. BUHWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

This is just tooooooo easy.

You and "idrive" should get together. Something tells me he'd fit right into your group as your fourth.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983[/url]

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

[quote name='drpino' post='1987423' date='Oct 4 2009, 04:12 PM']You and "idrive" should get together. Something tells me he'd fit right into your group as your fourth.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983[/url][/quote]

LOL! jwknow, idrive and that other ****** that posted "baller" clubs next to his hopped up station wagon?? hahhahahah nice drpino!

:russian_roulette::partytime2:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='drpino' post='1987423' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:12 PM']You and "idrive" should get together. Something tells me he'd fit right into your group as your fourth.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298983[/url][/quote]

I'd say this guy is even a bigger d0uchebag than 'idrive'. Although, I am sure they come from the same mold. Oh yeah, jw(since you seemed so concerned about who played golf today), I played today, yesterday and Friday. But it just doesn't take my group all freaking day to play 18 holes of golf. My friendly threesome plays in 2.5 hours and would happily welcome a forth any time one of the other guys in this thread make it down to Augusta, GA.

[quote name='jwknow' post='1986482' date='Oct 3 2009, 11:29 PM']It's OK if you failed....I understand. It's all about reading comprehension skills. You either have it or you don't.

The word "invite" wasn't in there. Didn't think it needed to be. I thought intelligent people would be able to decipher the meaning of the whole post a little better. I guess not.[/quote]

if one person writes something that 24 others don't understand in the same way the writer meant it to come across, it's likely a problem in the writers communication ability rather than the 24 other people's reading comprehension

[quote name='jwknow' post='1987417' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:06 PM']Well...well...well....I'm out golfin on a nice Sunday afternoon and you girls are all

sittin at your computers poundin on the ol' keyboard talkin about me. I'm touched.[b] Glad

I could give you something to do on a nice weekend when real men are outside enjoying the

[/b]
I'm sure you've been glued to your computer screens all day waiting for the update so let

me just tell you, we won our scramble tournament with a 14 under par....won on a scorecard

It's OK if you girls want to just live your lives vicariously through me since you're not

We raised $5200 dollars, through tourney fees, corporate donations and sponsorships, in

this annual tournament, for the children of a gentleman who passed away 5 years ago. Goes

Wish you all could have been there but since you all play as ONESOMES....well....you know

This is just tooooooo easy.[/quote]

yeah ok. i'll be thinking about you tomorrow when im playing golf and you are sitting at your desk (or behind your cash register). you're a class act jwknow. oh yeah, congrats on cheating your way to a scramble victory too!

[quote name='jwknow' post='1986288' date='Oct 3 2009, 10:21 PM']Alright....this is starting to bug me because its starting to happen too often. What are your opinions on this?

I play a threesome frequently. Its me and two close friends. We've been playin together for years and we're not looking for a 4th.

Too often, there seems to be a ONESOME that comes up on the first tee or somewhere on the course that has the nuts to say "Hey, mind if I play with you guys"? Me and my buddies are pretty friendly guys but if we wanted to play a foursome we'd have called another friend.

I just can't see me havin the nuts to walk up to 3 strangers and asking if they care if I "horn" in on their game.

Whats with the "onesomes"? What gives them the gall to even ask?

Me and my buddies figure if a single can't find anybody to golf with....especially on the weekend.... there's probably a reason.

Anybody have any opinions on this or should we be forced to play with a stranger even though we didn't "invite" him to be a part of our group?

Keep in mind....this isn't someone from the clubhouse sending these ONESOMES out to pair up with us....its the ONESOMES themselves.

JW[/quote]

Are you and your buddies the guys from the "dockers" commercials? Shoot pool together and all that good stuff.

Let me guess, you all drive the same make of car.

Just kidding.

Actually, you are a lucky guy. After so many years of friendship, I can't stand my friends anymore.

:rolleyes:

[quote name='jwknow' post='1987417' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:06 PM']Well...well...well....I'm out golfin on a nice Sunday afternoon and you girls are all

sittin at your computers poundin on the ol' keyboard talkin about me. I'm touched. Glad

If you heard about it here on the internet..IT MUST BE TRUE THEN!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, scrambles are the way to go for you. Not sure if you know about stroke or matchplay though.

[quote name='jwknow' post='1986550' date='Oct 4 2009, 01:18 AM'][quote name='bigred90gt' post='1986520' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:54 AM'][quote name='jwknow' post='1986504' date='Oct 3 2009, 11:43 PM'][quote name='bigred90gt' post='1986487' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:31 AM'][quote name='jwknow' post='1986464' date='Oct 3 2009, 11:11 PM']Finally....someone used the "keyword" of the point that I was trying to make......INVITE !!!!!! Probably too late for that to mean anything after the "gang mentality" going on but that was the WHOLE POINT of my post.

If you're playing by yourself and come up on a THREESOME, see if they INVITE you to play along. Don't INVITE yourself to join the group. There may be a reason why they are only playing a THREESOME and if they don't INVITE you to play with them be courteous enough to not ASK to join. Pretty good chance that they will offer to let you "play through" if they aren't looking for a 4th.....like we do when we aren't looking for a FOURSOME.

That was my reason for telling people to RE-READ my post. I thought it was clear.

Ya just can't slow down the "gang mentality" once it gets started though....can ya? Go boys....GO !!!![/quote]

So, what you are saying is that you are so much better than those pathetic "onesomes", that they have to be invited to be in your company? Got it.
[/quote]

WOW....nice twist... What are you.....6 ??
[/quote]

Close, but not quite. Only off by a little over a few decades. It's not a twist, you stated that if someone is not invited into your company, that they should just remain alone. What exactly did I twist?

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? If you are in high school still, I might expect this attitude, though I would certainly hope you were raised better than that. I do vaguely remember people in high school being the "cliquey" type, and if they didnt know you, and you were not in their group of friends, they wanted nothing to do with you. I would like to think that most people grow out of that at some stage in life. If you are anything older than 16, and I almost feel sorry for you.
[/quote]

Nice try....but the YOUNG angle won't work on anybody....is that all you got???

As far as the twist....and I'm sure you will keep twisting this post too....you said, and I quote......"you are saying is that you are so much better than those pathetic "onesomes"......." [b]show me the QUOTE where I said that[/b].........you can't so I'm sure your next line will be.... "yea, but that's what you meant".....right???.....twist away dude.....twist away. You're an amateur. Go play in the street.
[/quote]

it's all about reading comprehension, "you either have it or you don't."

All i can say is B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

After reading and participating in this thread this morning, I couldn't believe what happened this afternoon. We have a 2 pm Sun afternoon tee time at Stone Mountain. 3 of us. I figure it will be slow. We get to the tee box and things are running on time, but all the tee times are full and there are some carts waiting to tee off. A four some tees off, then one guy gets up there to hit. I walk up and nicely say "I assume we will be playing together". He says "No, I don't think so". So our three-some and the three-some behind us are just dumbfounded. So the whole round, it is all backed up, we get done in just under 5 hours, and the whole time, we are waiting for this one guy to hit, and he is waiting on the people in front of him. Most of the time, we were pulling up to the tee box, and he was just getting ready to hit. But he insisted on playing by himself.

When we got done, I asked the pro shop if he was either someone famous, or if he bought 4 tee times, and the answer was neither. Apparently he kind of bullied his way into playing by himself, saying he was "working on his game". Hey, aren't we all? The pro shop did tell me that the head pro told them in the future, not to let this happen, if he wants to play by himself on a busy weekend, , he can buy 4 tee times. I have never seen anything like this in all my golfing life, and it just seemed odd coming on top of this thread. Guess it just goes to show, 3-somes can be rude but so can singles. Not very common, though, that is for sure.

I like how he tries to be the "bigger kid".. Out playing and won?! And raised money for a charity event?!

No wonder people don't want to play with you 3 saints... I wouldn't fit in with a crowd like that!!

I bet you saved a baby deer who broke it's leg on the 3rd hole too didn't you? Did you help the grandma put her cart bag on her cart this morning too?!

Get a life you chode.. You obviously don't have ENOUGH friends if you can't even get 4 guys together for a round. I play 18 by myself plenty of times because I like to play early and most of my friends and co-workers don't.

Infact, I'll ask to join, or ask if I can tee off before a larger group. How about that audacity? If you don't want me to join, then sit back in the cart and enjoy the show, and have some courtesy. Last time I asked to join with another two-some, I didn't recognize them, and by the 5th hole, I realized it was the new owner of the course, and his son.... I had already paid for my round, but we played 36 holes, and he told me my next 2 rounds were on the house.. I got all the beer and drinks, and snacks I wanted on the course, and we had a such a good time, 18 holes weren't enough that morning.

Point is, you fail at one of the easiest parts of golf. Being polite and courteous.

Now go put your cape on Superman... Go do some more good with your 2 friends...

[quote name='atlanta golfer' post='1987600' date='Oct 4 2009, 08:56 PM']After reading and participating in this thread this morning, I couldn't believe what happened this afternoon. We have a 2 pm Sun afternoon tee time at Stone Mountain. 3 of us. I figure it will be slow. We get to the tee box and things are running on time, but all the tee times are full and there are some carts waiting to tee off. A four some tees off, then one guy gets up there to hit. I walk up and nicely say "I assume we will be playing together". He says "No, I don't think so". So our three-some and the three-some behind us are just dumbfounded. So the whole round, it is all backed up, we get done in just under 5 hours, and the whole time, we are waiting for this one guy to hit, and he is waiting on the people in front of him. Most of the time, we were pulling up to the tee box, and he was just getting ready to hit. But he insisted on playing by himself.

When we got done, I asked the pro shop if he was either someone famous, or if he bought 4 tee times, and the answer was neither. Apparently he kind of bullied his way into playing by himself, saying he was "working on his game". Hey, aren't we all? The pro shop did tell me that the head pro told them in the future, not to let this happen, if he wants to play by himself on a busy weekend, , he can buy 4 tee times. I have never seen anything like this in all my golfing life, and it just seemed odd coming on top of this thread. Guess it just goes to show, 3-somes can be rude but so can singles. Not very common, though, that is for sure.[/quote]

Lakemont course??

If he was really working on his game, he'd man up and play Stonemont... ;)

Get away from the busy courses, and I'd be happy to be the 4th.. Hahah.

I acutally had the same problem last time out there. 2 guys wanted to play alone, it was packed all the hell. We were two, they were two and insisted on not playing together, and then wanted to try and push and hit into us.. They lost 2 sleeves of ProV1's that day, and I have no idea how... We gave them to the valets at the cart drop off to return to those jack-legs with a note to show some manners.

I play as a 1-some often, for the simple fact that no one I know like to play as much golf as I do who has the same schedule. At 1 course I frequent as single, there is a whole group of guys who show up as singles for 1 reason or another. We often form a group on the practice green.

Most of the time, the pro shop sends me out with a group. Sometimes, they send me to the tee alone and the group ahead or behind asks me to join. I've met some of the nicest people on the course that way. The last time I did this I was paired with 3 older ladies (all could play pretty well) and they didn't mind I hit from the Mens tees. By the 15th hole they were calling me their "golf angel" because I spotted all their balls, complimented their good shots, and gave them GPS distance when they had none.

If I go out alone, that's fine as well...I typically play 2 balls and compete against myself. I never ask a group to join.

HAHAHAHA. OP, how long did it take you to come up with that crock of s***?? HAHAHAH.

Anyway, I went out to the course as a single today since my buddies couldn't make it. A threesome went off before me and they were decent players from what I could see. I'm off a 3 handicap so I was pretty much right behind them for the first 5 or so holes. I took my time though and made sure not to rush and hit into them.

At the 7th, the guy rides his cart back to me and asked if I would like to join. I said I didn't want to intrude on their day out together (Father and 2 sons). He insisted and I ended playing with them. They weren't the greatest golfers but a lot of fun chatting and such. Funny thing is, they asked me why I didn't ask to join or play through, and I told him about this guy (OP) and what he said about singles. They all laughed and said, "what kind SOB golfs and has that attitude?"

And another happenstance, they are very close friends with the owner of a nearby country club and said they can get me in to play! woot!

Well...well...well....I'm out golfin on a nice Sunday afternoon and you girls are all

This is just tooooooo easy.

-DANCE.gif

:hi:

Since I play as a single, I am curious as to how "one-somes" get to approach "Your" 3-some without being assigned to your group by the proshop? I am not familiar with any courses, clubs, that would not be in control of the booking of tee times. Do they hang around the parking lot and wait for minivans with only 3 golfers?

[b]I think I ran into your 3 some a month ago. I book on-line and they allow singles if space permits. I booked the day before a tee time at 630 am on a Friday morning. Drive two hours after getting up at 4am and arrive at the course with enough time to stretch, finish my coffee only to be told by the starter that the time that I reserved and pre-paid for was not available as the 3 some I was paired with showed up with a 4th even though they could not have booked the time. [/b]

I take no issue with your opinion or belief. I do not share your point of view. Enjoy your 3-some.

Robert

Ping G30 9.0 Tour 80X
Ping G25 4W
Ping G30 21 7W Tour 65X
Ping S55 4-PW S400
Ping Eye2 Gorge S, L
Byron Morgan DH89

[quote]QUOTE (3onpar5 @ Oct 4 2009, 12:21 AM)
Wow so in your 210 word response we were supposed to pull out the word invite? Dang i failed the test. what if you just said "nah thats ok man, why dont you just play thru."

It's OK if you failed....I understand. It's all about reading comprehension skills. You either have it or you don't.

The word "invite" wasn't in there. Didn't think it needed to be. I thought intelligent people would be able to decipher the meaning of the whole post a little better. I guess not[/quote].

First of all you did say the word invite in your original post, so you really shouldn't slam my reading skills since you wrote it and you dont even know what you said...Moron!

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood