Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

Why do people wear ride instead of walk?

Titleist TSR2 8° | TPT Power 16 Lo                                   Taylormade Stealth 9° | LinQ Purple F5                              Cobra Radspeed 9° | GD AD DI-6X 
Mizuno TS ST190 15° | GD AD-VR 7X                               Ping G425 Max 14.5° | GD AD-VR 7X                                  Wilson Dynapower 15° | Diamana D+ 70S

Taylormade Sim Ti 19° | LA Golf Trono 75x                      TEE CBX119 19° | Evenflow Black Handcrafted 85 6.0      Mizuno HMB MP20 | UST Recoil F4 95

PXG 0341X Gen4 22° | Speeder Evo2 80x                       Itobori 3-PW | NS Pro Modus 105S                                     Epon SUS316 4-PW | KBS Tour 120S

Proto Concept C01/C03 5-PW | LA Golf L-Series S        Callaway MD5 50-54-56 | TT Gold Spinner                       Vokey SM5 | TT Gold Spinner

Bettinardi HLX3.0 50-54-60 | TT S400                            Swag Handsome Too Glitch | UST All-In                           Scotty Cameron 6M | Stability Carbon / Never Compromise Dinero

Toulon Garage Tour San Diego

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1424072150' post='10961959']
[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1424071651' post='10961947'][quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424054900' post='10960947']
I was just thinking about this, they are just unnecessary imo. They're really big and super heavy. They look cool but theres a point where functionality beats fashion. Why do you guys that use staff bags use them?
[/quote],

first of all who are you to judge what people use to play golf ?? staff bags have more room , they are more durable , they look good . but for me it's the club room , if you have woods and or hybrids with headcovers at times a regular bag is just to small .......i use a motorized cart / kangaroo and the bag fits good and is very functional ...

I am not sure why i am explaining my choice of a bag to you because basicly it's really non of your business what i use and you have no right to call people out or judge them over a bag .. and i am surprised this thread lasted this long aas there is a multiple page thread on the use of a staff bag[/quote]

Note to self...never ask old golfer about his staff bag....

A bag is a bag for me. I don't care what anyone else uses. I like 14 ways myself but staff bags have so much room, so I can understand why people use them.
[/quote]

People like you and comments like yours are just another reason why if i never write another post on this forum it won't be too soon ,,,, because you and those like you just go out of their way to ruin the experience as much as humanly possible and thing just like this will never change and i have to learn that comments or posting on anything is a mistake because you will just get critisized for it no matter what the topic is ,,.. and i don't know why i respond to these comments because i have no doubt you will comeback with another witty negative response.......there are days i regret ever coming here ... and today is one of them ..... it never fails that there is something that just sucks the life out of any enjoyment there is to what generally is thought to be a decent place to visit

I shouldn't even respond to this ridiculous thread, but I'm bored so I'll amuse the OP.

1) They're huge and can hold everything you'd ever need on the course.

2) As mentioned by others, clubs are much easier to access.

3) They are typically more durable.

4) This is the most important in my mind. They're a classy as it gets. I don't care what your cap is. Staff bags just look awesome.

[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1424075344' post='10962013'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1424072150' post='10961959']
[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1424071651' post='10961947'][quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424054900' post='10960947']
I was just thinking about this, they are just unnecessary imo. They're really big and super heavy. They look cool but theres a point where functionality beats fashion. Why do you guys that use staff bags use them?
[/quote],

first of all who are you to judge what people use to play golf ?? staff bags have more room , they are more durable , they look good . but for me it's the club room , if you have woods and or hybrids with headcovers at times a regular bag is just to small .......i use a motorized cart / kangaroo and the bag fits good and is very functional ...

I am not sure why i am explaining my choice of a bag to you because basicly it's really non of your business what i use and you have no right to call people out or judge them over a bag .. and i am surprised this thread lasted this long aas there is a multiple page thread on the use of a staff bag[/quote]

A bag is a bag for me. I don't care what anyone else uses. I like 14 ways myself but staff bags have so much room, so I can understand why people use them.
[/quote]

People like you and comments like yours are just another reason why if i never write another post on this forum it won't be too soon ,,,, because you and those like you just go out of their way to ruin the experience as much as humanly possible and thing just like this will never change and i have to learn that comments or posting on anything is a mistake because you will just get critisized for it no matter what the topic is ,,.. and i don't know why i respond to these comments because i have no doubt you will comeback with another witty negative response.......there are days i regret ever coming here ... and today is one of them ..... it never fails that there is something that just sucks the life out of any enjoyment there is to what generally is thought to be a decent place to visit[/quote]

I'll bite... It's people like you who feel like they are 10 foot and bullet proof behind a keyboard. Take every comment serious and turn something into a debate or something it wasn't.

By the way my comment was a JOKE! I agree with you it doesn't matter what bag someone uses.

Now get off your high horse and take a JOKE. Next time I'll be sure to spell it out for you buddy....it was a J-O-K-E!

Nothing negative but the truth. Now R-E-L-A-X!

Have a great day!

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1424075344' post='10962013'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1424072150' post='10961959']
[/quote],

[/quote]

People like you and comments like yours are just another reason why if i never write another post on this forum it won't be too soon ,,,, because you and those like you just go out of their way to ruin the experience as much as humanly possible and thing just like this will never change and i have to learn that comments or posting on anything is a mistake because you will just get critisized for it no matter what the topic is ,,.. and i don't know why i respond to these comments because i have no doubt you will comeback with another witty negative response.......there are days i regret ever coming here ... and today is one of them ..... it never fails that there is something that just sucks the life out of any enjoyment there is to what generally is thought to be a decent place to visit[/quote]

Yikes don't let the Internet ruin your day bud.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

Why does one buy a Mercedes when an old Chevette will get you from A to B?

Why does one spend the money for Titleist, Callaway, or PING when he can go to Walmart and buy an entire set of clubs, including a bag for a fraction of the price?

Why do we do what we do? Because we can.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424054900' post='10960947']
[b]They look cool[/b] [/quote]

Already answered your own question. Once people get past the golf equipment that they feel makes them play better, this is pretty much the answer every time.

Why do people where flat-billed hats?
Why do people have animal head covers?

Some of the best parts about golf is that you can personalize a lot of stuff to fit your personality without sacrificing play-ability.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1424091087' post='10962271']
[/quote],

[/quote]

I'll bite... It's people like you who feel like they are 10 foot and bullet proof behind a keyboard. Take every comment serious and turn something into a debate or something it wasn't.

By the way my comment was a JOKE! I agree with you it doesn't matter what bag someone uses.

Now get off your high horse and take a JOKE. Next time I'll be sure to spell it out for you buddy....it was a J-O-K-E!

Have a great day!
[/quote]

Couldnt recall why I had the old fogey blocked. Now I remember....Thanks! :)

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

[/quote],

Lol relax pal. I wasnt judging (maybe a little) i was just asking why people use them. Take it down a notch

913 D2 w/ MATRIX WHITE TIE
XCG6 w/ AXIVCORE BLUE
G20 19* HYBRID
X FORGED 4-PW w/ PX FLIGHTED
VOKEY 52, 56, MIZUNO TP-11 60
NEWPORT 2

I apologize if i offended anybody (i dont see how anybody over the age of 6 would be offended by a simple question) i was just asking. I didnt understand because im not the type of person to carry a bunch of stuff with me on the course. I can easily go 4 hours without eating anything, and if i know its going to rain i just bring rain stuff for that day. Im not prepared for the freakin apocalypse while im on the course. I go to play golf. I do agree they look really cool, but i already stated that, and i have a little mini one in my basement (the range ball kind) but too each there own, if everybody was the same everything would be boring.

913 D2 w/ MATRIX WHITE TIE
XCG6 w/ AXIVCORE BLUE
G20 19* HYBRID
X FORGED 4-PW w/ PX FLIGHTED
VOKEY 52, 56, MIZUNO TP-11 60
NEWPORT 2

[quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424117020' post='10965079']
I apologize if i offended anybody (i dont see how anybody over the age of 6 would be offended by a simple question) i was just asking. I didnt understand because im not the type of person to carry a bunch of stuff with me on the course. I can easily go 4 hours without eating anything, and if i know its going to rain i just bring rain stuff for that day. Im not prepared for the freakin apocalypse while im on the course. I go to play golf. I do agree they look really cool, but i already stated that, and i have a little mini one in my basement (the range ball kind) but too each there own, if everybody was the same everything would be boring.
[/quote]

Its not you, its just a topic (like many others) that has been discussed ad nauseam with staff bag users made fun of relentlessly.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='devey07' timestamp='1424146858' post='10968839']
Three Valid Reasons:
1.) Your a Tour Star
2.) Your old as f*** and thats how you roll
3.) Your a wannabe
[/quote]

I don't quite rock a staff bag, but something in between. I just got sick of my stuff getting wet when I play in the rain with my carry bag (which I usually use on a Clicgear). My new bag is much more water resistant and it's easier to get the clubs in and out. I still use my carry bag for nine holes or on days when the course won't allow trolleys though as I'm happy to carry now and then.

Oh, and the new one looks better and makes people think that I'm amazing.

Until I duff my tee shot.

Then they realise that valid reason number 3 (above) applies.

To each his own. :)

[size=2][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]Fly-Z 9.5deg[/b][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]G20 5W 18deg[/b]
[b]Z U65 3/20deg[/b]
[b]Z 765 4-PW[/b]
[b]RTX-3 52/10[/b]
[b]RTX-3 58/12[/b]
[b]Karsten 1959 Anser 2[/b][/font][/size]

Show me a smaller bag that's as durable and has as much room for shoving stuff in than a mid-size staffer and I'll convert... until then.....

Shuddup already on the staff bag questioning.. LOL!

What I really want to know is why people play the back tees, then shank one about 75 yards out, and proceed to take 6, 7 or more shots from there to finish the hole.

Simple answer - My money, my choice.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1424106466' post='10963855']
[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1424091087' post='10962271']
[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1424071651' post='10961947']

[/quote]

Have a great day!
[/quote]

Couldnt recall why I had the old fogey blocked. Now I remember....Thanks! :)
[/quote]

Why would you block him? He's become my favorite poster. I'm always amazed by what gets him all riled up.

staff bags are way better in bad weather .. its just that I rarely play in rain anymore unless it is a tournament

Also a good call when you have an electronic cart

I stop using mine as it was too much of a pain to haul it in and out of the trunk. I loved how it held three beers in the built in cooler pouch though (PING DLX)

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

[quote name='devey07' timestamp='1424146858' post='10968839']
Three Valid Reasons:
1.) Your a Tour Star
2.) Your old as f*** and thats how you roll
3.) Your a wannabe
[/quote]

You're. It is short for you are. Your implies possession and unless you own a tour star, an old fart and/or a wannabe then, well, you're wrong.

I have a staff stand bag...let that blow your mind.

[quote]Why would you block him? He's become my favorite poster. I'm always amazed by what gets him all riled up.
[/quote]

The rants get old.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

[quote name='Bonhomme Richard' timestamp='1424061764' post='10961571']
When I caddied in high school id say about 70% of people had big leather staff bags. Kids these days don't know how good they got it.
[/quote]

You're right!

When I started playing in the 1960's, I used an oval red and black Sunday type bag. When I became gainfully employed in the 1970's, I bought a MacGregor staff bag, (I guess you could call it a mini staff bag, imitation tan croc and leather, a pretty bag.) Sometime in the 1980's, the wife bought me a HUGE brown leather bag and a pair of matching beautiful leather Dexter golf shoes with kilties.) What a combination, I had arrived. The shoes lasted a long time, but fell apart sometime in the 1990's. I still have the bag, gave up schlepping it around on a pull cart about 15 years ago.

Since then, back to Sunday bags and 5-7 clubs. Wouldn't been caught dead carrying minimalist back in the 70's-80's.

PS: I won a huge Callaway staff bag a couple years back. I was too embarrassed to not buy a $5 ticket from a cutie selling tickets. When I bought the ticket, I said to myself, I don't even want it. Lo and behold, I won the bag, with much comment and laughter from my fellow club members. I gave the bag to a nephew.

Reading the later comments, why all the fuss? If you want to use staff bags, OK. If you don't, OK, too. People make a big deal out of nothing.

I use my Sun Mountain staff bag, because of shoulder problems, it to sits much better on the push cart that I use when I walk the course. It also fit better on the back of a cart the times I do take a cart (charity events, work functions etc). I also like that fact (like others have stated), it's easier to get clubs in and out of. The added space is nice also, because I can keep rain gear and other stuff in it and not have to rely on my failing memory to bring it when I go.

[quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424054900' post='10960947']
[/quote][quote name='Flop Shot Master' timestamp='1424054900' post='10960947']
[/quote]this guy is block by 3/4 of the members here. Likes to agree to buy and then never be heard of again. Doesn't like to pay for a $20 wedge.

cally dbd 9*
TEE CB Pro 14.5 & 17.5
Callaway x utility graphite 21*
Fourteen FH1000 4-p
Fourteen rm12 52/10, 58/8
Odyssey black series tour design #4
WITB Link