judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1320010415' post='3739295']
Where I live I think only 2 people know who or what a Bettinardi is...so they probably don't think much. That plus I use pom type headcovers make me look more hackish, I think. Which isn't far from the truth LOL.

A lot of guys like to look at the ghost R11's underneath though.
[/quote]

I have a Bettinardi golf bag. I gave up explaining to people that that's not my last name, its a putter. Now I just say yeah, thats me.

I'd like to hear what you guys think..

Titleist 910D3 RIP 60 Stiff
Titleist 909F2 15.5 Aldila Voodoo SVS7
Cleveland HiBore 5 Wood Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Titleist 909H 19 UST Proforce V2 89 Hybrid Stiff
Titleist AP1 710 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold R300
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 C-C True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Custom Grind 58 True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner Wedge
Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie/White Hot #2/Scotty Studio Select NP2/Cleveland Classic Belly
Lamkin Crossline Tour Full Cord

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

I love this thread. I enjoy checking out other's club as I often play as a single so I see lots of bags. I try not to judge, though. What do you guys think of mine:

TM r9 460 11.5 stock reg
Cleveland Launcher Comp 5w
Precept ECU 3&4 hybrids
Ping g10 5-w
TM rac 52&56
Mixing mpr 60
Bobby Grace Shiloh
Ohio stand bag
Pro v1 x-outs or next tours

Love to hear an opinion.

[quote name='benthegolfer' timestamp='1320961800' post='3785167']
I'd like to hear what you guys think..

Titleist 910D3 RIP 60 Stiff
Titleist 909F2 15.5 Aldila Voodoo SVS7
Cleveland HiBore 5 Wood Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Titleist 909H 19 UST Proforce V2 89 Hybrid Stiff
Titleist AP1 710 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold R300
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 C-C True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Custom Grind 58 True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner Wedge
Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie/White Hot #2/Scotty Studio Select NP2/Cleveland Classic Belly
Lamkin Crossline Tour Full Cord
[/quote]

Says to me you know quality and the Ap1s with reg shafts tell me you know your game. ?

[quote name='vman' timestamp='1320916681' post='3782865']
[quote name='LBlack14' timestamp='1320885700' post='3781215']
WTF, I'll play along. I know better than to judge folks by what they play btw. I've been alternating between the Adams and Wishon drivers. GEEK DCT on standby.

2011 WISHON 919THI Harrison SAGA 60S
ADAMS Speedline 4G UL Harrison SAGA 60R tipped 1/2"
ADAMS Insight Tech A4 hyb/fwy 15* Matrix Ozik 70R
ADAMS Insight Tech A4 hyb/fwy 18* Matrix Ozik 70R
ADAMS Idea Black Super Hybrid 21* Aldila Voodoo RNV8
ADAMS A4R 5-PW Apollo Spectre Lite R
SCRATCH 8620DD 50* Project X 6.0HL
SONARTEC t46 East Coast 52* DGS200
SONARTEC t46 East Coast 56* DGS200
TAYLORMADE Rosa Monza Spicer Vicino CS
FREE- Tour caliber balls and then some
Stand bag- 2011 OGIO Grom- Red Griddle
Cart bag- OGIO Stinger 2 with R.A.I.L. (Rapid Access Incline Lock)
FootJoy Contours, Oakley, Adidas, Nike etc.
IZZO Swami
[/quote]
Your bag says you clearly love golf,play a lot and seem quite passionate about your gear.You are probably 50+ with a swingspeed under 100mph,from the shafts possibly a low ballflight.You like to maximise your distance and most definitely like to use what works,if it works it's in the bag.It`s a nice set up.Probably putt left hand low too.
[/quote]

Damn you're good. :cheesy:

Someone should do my bag.

Driver: Ping Rapture v2 Vs proto stiff tipped 3/4" plays at 45"
Wood: Ping Rapture v2 Javln M7 Stiff
Hybrid: Ping Rapture 18 vs proto stiff
Irons: Ping i5 3-9 weakened 1*, W weakened 2* S300
Wedges: Ping tour w 54 and 60/ts s300
Putter: Karsten Series craz-e 34"

I already know i am a ping fan boy.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

[quote name='kekoa' timestamp='1320970444' post='3785937']
Pefect timing.

Went to the range during lunch today.

See a kid or young adult. Nice pants, shirt, titleist had w/ the oakley on backwards. On to the clubs:

910 woods
t** blades
t** staff bag

I had to get a glance at a few shots. Low shanky cuts. I sure hope he was working on something.
[/quote]

sounds about right

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Pefect timing.

See a kid or young adult. Nice pants, shirt, titleist had w/ the oakley on backwards. On to the clubs:

910 woods
t** blades
t** staff bag

I had to get a glance at a few shots. Low shanky cuts. I sure hope he was working on something.
[/quote]

Who cares? YOU didn't pay for them, he did. I am a hack at a 12 HC playing blades although I don't dress the part like this guy you saw. Maybe he has a lot of $$$ but what's it to ya? I lot of people buy sports cars that can't drive them too. Envy will get you nowhere.

When I got back into golf in 2006 I ignorantly showed up on the course with the same
clubs I had used many, many years ago, which were: Ram persimmon driver, 3 and 5 woods
Ram blade irons 2-w
Sod buster sand wedge
Tom Weiskopf putter

I got the strangest looks from people. I chalked it up to the old clubs and quickly bought
new clubs. After reading this thread I get it. Those clubs scream playa! And I was hacking
it around generally stinking up the place, lol.....Didn't realize people thought I was a poser, haha.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='HoosierHacker89' timestamp='1320970167' post='3785911']

[/quote]It`s amazing how loyal Ping players can be.I think you`re looking forward to trying the new i20 irons tho'.You probably love the playability of your Rapture woods and hybrid,the 3 wood is your go to club and launches easy off the deck.I`m guessing you`re over 40,6 to 11 handicap,driver swingspeed about 100-104mph.You like to see the ball getting airborne(a nice launch)and you love your 60*.You`ll always play Pings and you`ll change those i5`s soon.

Whatever works.

[quote name='SHORTBUTSTR8' timestamp='1320972442' post='3786085']
Pefect timing.

910 woods
t** blades
t** staff bag

[/quote]

Who cares? YOU didn't pay for them, he did. I am a hack at a 12 HC playing blades although I don't dress the part like this guy you saw. Maybe he has a lot of $$$ but what's it to ya? I lot of people buy sports cars that can't drive them too. Envy will get you nowhere.
[/quote]

I don't read this as envy... I think it's silly to play clubs you don't have the swing for, though.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

[quote name='vman' timestamp='1321038497' post='3788831']

[/quote]It`s amazing how loyal Ping players can be.I think you`re looking forward to trying the new i20 irons tho'.You probably love the playability of your Rapture woods and hybrid,the 3 wood is your go to club and launches easy off the deck.I`m guessing you`re over 40,6 to 11 handicap,driver swingspeed about 100-104mph.You like to see the ball getting airborne(a nice launch)and you love your 60*.You`ll always play Pings and you`ll change those i5`s soon.
[/quote]

Not bad, but i am actually 22 haha. My ss is right about there between 100-105. I really like my 3 wood, and this is actually the first club i have used off the deck well. I do love ping! i just got those i5s, so they are not going anywhere anytime soon. My handicap was round 11 or so 2 seasons ago, but now that i don't get to play as much its probably in the mid to high teens. (school/girlfriends take up lots of golf time...not that there is anything wrong with that). I am planning to drop my handicap to sub 10 next season. I have been working on developing a schedule for practice over the winter. My goals are to focus on the following.

1. Learn to turn the ball over off the tee consistently. I was able to do this towards the end of the season this year, and i really liked the flight. I have a tendency to lose them right, so i want to take right out of the equation.
2. Improve my short game...my weakness. I do love to hit a 60, but it does get me in trouble from time to time. My best friend thought me how to hit a flop shot this season, and i over did it because it is such a cool shot to play.
3. Continue to improve my putting. I did a great job of becoming a better putter this season. I was notoriously bad at having 5 or 6 three putts a round before i worked on my stroke last winter. i probably had like 1 to 2 a round this year.
4. I want to play in some tourneys this season. I haven't played competitive golf since HS, and i know if i play well i have the game to do it. I miss the competitive side of golf. I love to play just with some friends on a Saturday afternoon and enjoy a few beers, but I also want to play some competitive rounds. I am hoping to join a club and play in a league this year.
5. I want to break 80 for the first time. I have been knocking on the door for the last 3 seasons, but i'll have one blow up hole where i take a 7 or so, and end up shooting 80 or 82.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

[quote name='HoosierHacker89' timestamp='1321051578' post='3789645']
[quote name='vman' timestamp='1321038497' post='3788831']

[/quote]

Not bad, but i am actually 22 haha. My ss is right about there between 100-105. I really like my 3 wood, and this is actually the first club i have used off the deck well. I do love ping! i just got those i5s, so they are not going anywhere anytime soon. My handicap was round 11 or so 2 seasons ago, but now that i don't get to play as much its probably in the mid to high teens. (school/girlfriends take up lots of golf time...not that there is anything wrong with that). I am planning to drop my handicap to sub 10 next season. I have been working on developing a schedule for practice over the winter. My goals are to focus on the following.

1. Learn to turn the ball over off the tee consistently. I was able to do this towards the end of the season this year, and i really liked the flight. I have a tendency to lose them right, so i want to take right out of the equation.
2. Improve my short game...my weakness. I do love to hit a 60, but it does get me in trouble from time to time. My best friend thought me how to hit a flop shot this season, and i over did it because it is such a cool shot to play.
3. Continue to improve my putting. I did a great job of becoming a better putter this season. I was notoriously bad at having 5 or 6 three putts a round before i worked on my stroke last winter. i probably had like 1 to 2 a round this year.
4. I want to play in some tourneys this season. I haven't played competitive golf since HS, and i know if i play well i have the game to do it. I miss the competitive side of golf. I love to play just with some friends on a Saturday afternoon and enjoy a few beers, but I also want to play some competitive rounds. I am hoping to join a club and play in a league this year.
5. I want to break 80 for the first time. I have been knocking on the door for the last 3 seasons, but i'll have one blow up hole where i take a 7 or so, and end up shooting 80 or 82.
[/quote]

You are pretty solid in ur goals excePt one thing... FEAR THE LEFT! Also ditch the flop shot unless you have to.. Moderate lobs and pinch lobs are one thing but the full flop finds you in too much trouble unless you practice a lot and sometimes even if you do!

Oh, I didn't know we were psychoanalyzing each other. Here is my bag - what do you think it says?

[b]Driver[/b]: Cleveland Launcher '09 10.5° with NVS Man Enough pink shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch shorter than stock.
[b]3-Wood[/b]: Cleveland Steel Laucher, 13° w. NVS stiff (orange)
[b]Hybrids[/b]: Cleveland Halos, 14° & 19° both with NVS stiff 105's. Also orange.
[b]Irons[/b]: 3-P, Mizuno Tour XP hand-me-downs with mystery shafts of unknown, but questionable lineage.
[b]Wedge[/b]: Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl, 54° stock shaft.
[b]Putter[/b]: Mills stainless #12, tourched, with black PVC shaft @ 33.5" and David Mills cord-no-cord grip (replaced kangaroo grip)
[b]Bag[/b]: Ogio Staff
[b]Balls[/b]: yes. Precept Lady iQ in P***y Pink or Bridgestone e6 in Retina Searing Yellow.

Not totally up-to-date, but if you are curious about the irons look no further than here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/212955-i-have-to-come-clean-to-the-golfwrx-community/

[quote name='HeadonaStick' timestamp='1321116834' post='3792047']
Oh, I didn't know we were psychoanalyzing each other. Here is my bag - what do you think it says?

[b]Driver[/b]: Cleveland Launcher '09 10.5° with NVS Man Enough pink shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch shorter than stock.
[b]Hybrids[/b]: Cleveland Halos, 14° & 19° both with NVS stiff 105's. Also orange.
[b]Irons[/b]: 3-P, Mizuno Tour XP hand-me-downs with mystery shafts of unknown, but questionable lineage.
[b]Putter[/b]: Mills stainless #12, tourched, with black PVC shaft @ 33.5" and David Mills cord-no-cord grip (replaced kangaroo grip)
[b]Balls[/b]: yes. Precept Lady iQ in P***y Pink or Bridgestone e6 in Retina Searing Yellow.

Not totally up-to-date, but if you are curious about the irons look no further than here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/212955-i-have-to-come-clean-to-the-golfwrx-community/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...fwrx-community/[/url]
[/quote]

That was a great thread! Glad to see you're still playin' those Mizunos. WHAT WORKS!!!!!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I think pretty much everyone judges a little based on bags.

Anyone want to do mine?

10.5* Ping G15 Serrano 60S (looking for a lower launch and spin combo, possibly a Cleveland DST Tour 9* with a Whiteboard)
15.5* Ping i15 3 wood TFC S
20* Adams Idea Pro Black VooDoo SNV8 Hybrid
Cleveland CG7 Tours, 4-PW S300
52*, 56*, 60* Vokeys S200
Cleveland Classics 2, red Golf Pride grip
ProV1X or Srixon Z-Star XV

All in a black Adidas Clutch bag, 3 wood has a pom-pom/sock style cover (black/white) and i have a large towel which hooks onto my orange alignment sticks.

Taylormade SLDR 430TP / Matrix RUL70X
Titleist 913 Fd / Diamana D+ 82X
Taylormade Tour Preferred MC / C-Taper X
Titleist Vokey SM5 / C-Taper S+
Scotty Cameron Golo 5S - 35'
Titliest Pro-V1X

TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you all are going to list you bags and ask people what they would think of you if they saw it, you cant tell us stuff like the type of shaft, flex, and whether or not its tipped or why you play a particular shaft...

If you SAW my bag.. you would see the following

- R11 TP driver
- 07 Burner tp 3W
- R11 tp 3 hybrid

- 2011 TP MB irons
- CG 15 DSG wedges

- TM-110 Ghost putter

- All in a TM bag.

its way different if i tell you guys the following

- Driver was custom fitted at kingdom and shaft is RIP Beta in a Stiff flex, tipped 1/2" and cut to final playing length of 45"

- 3W is tourspoon 13* built with UST Mamiya Proforce shaft Tour Green in a Stiff flex

- 3 hybrid has RIP Beta, in Stiff flex and face lies 1* open

- TP MBs were custom fit at Kingdom, are 1 deg flat, and have x100 shafts (with labels removed)

- TM-110 was custom fit at Kingdom and is 2 deg flat...

[quote name='Ernie1060' timestamp='1321135991' post='3792919']
TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you all are going to list you bags and ask people what they would think of you if they saw it, you cant tell us stuff like the type of shaft, flex, and whether or not its tipped or why you play a particular shaft...

- R11 TP driver
- 07 Burner tp 3W
- R11 tp 3 hybrid

- 2011 TP MB irons
- CG 15 DSG wedges

- TM-110 Ghost putter

- All in a TM bag.

- Driver was custom fitted at kingdom and shaft is RIP Beta in a Stiff flex, tipped 1/2" and cut to final playing length of 45"

- 3W is tourspoon 13* built with UST Mamiya Proforce shaft Tour Green in a Stiff flex

- TP MBs were custom fit at Kingdom, are 1 deg flat, and have x100 shafts (with labels removed)

[/quote]

You are correct, but I found it more interesting when the guys were analyzing people based on their bags - way more interesting ;)

[quote name='pivot driven' timestamp='1321133683' post='3792771']
[quote name='HeadonaStick' timestamp='1321116834' post='3792047']

[b]Hybrids[/b]: Cleveland Halos, 14° & 19° both with NVS stiff 105's. Also orange.

Not totally up-to-date, but if you are curious about the irons look no further than here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/212955-i-have-to-come-clean-to-the-golfwrx-community/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...fwrx-community/[/url]
[/quote]

That was a great thread! Glad to see you're still playin' those Mizunos. WHAT WORKS!!!!!
[/quote]
I have decided to embrace the ugly... but I am still on the lookout for replacements.

The average golfer at the course wouldn't know half of my bag. Aside from the titleist woods they would be scratching their heads on what a bettinardi putter is and what scratch golf irons/ wedges are. A wrx'er would think im a decent since i have EZ-1's and few other not so main stream things. Good thing i just do this for fun and not being good. cool.gif

I learned to stop caring about other people's bags when my former neighbor playing a set of clubs he bought at a yard sale for $150.00 shot 70-73 every day of the week and twice on Tuesday. It's not the clubs but the mechanic swinging them.

Now that being said when I see a bag with a "poser set" I get a kick out of the person shooting 98 playing blades!

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

[quote name='SHORTBUTSTR8' timestamp='1320972442' post='3786085']
Pefect timing.

910 woods
t** blades
t** staff bag

[/quote]

Who cares? YOU didn't pay for them, he did. I am a hack at a 12 HC playing blades although I don't dress the part like this guy you saw. Maybe he has a lot of $ but what's it to ya? I lot of people buy sports cars that can't drive them too. Envy will get you nowhere.
[/quote]

SMS (short man syndrome)I'm guessing? Oh, wait maybe you're talking about your drives?

I rarely ever check out someone elses bag, just doesn't matter to me.

Driver: TM SuperTri TP RIP (a) 70x
4w: TEE CB2 Axivcore Tour Red 89x
3h: TM Rescue TP (07?) TTDG X100
4-p: Scratch EZ1 TTDG X100s
52-56-60: Scratch 1018s
Putter: Bettinardi BB32

Usually when anyone asks they have no idea what my irons and wedges are, I've had a few people say they've seen the wedges at carls golf land but I've yet to meet someone who has a single scratch club in their bag, but suprisingly enough I've met 3 or 4 guys with TEE FWs and they all recognize the head cover from a mile away, and the putter puts everyone at a total loss for how to even say the name let alone have one in the bag

I'm curious what you guys would think if I showed up with that bag, I play to about a 10 now I used to play to a 2 but I got my knee repaired 3 years ago and I've never gotten it back :russian_roulette:

Callaway XR16 Pro 9* Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 65 S
TaylorMade M1 17* Fujikura Pro 70 S
Srixon Z45h 19* Aldila Rouge Black 85S
Srixon 745 4-P Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Stinger Raw 51*-55*-59* KBS HiRev Tour
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Half Moon Raw 33.5"
Srixon Z Star

[quote name='gmetcalf18' timestamp='1321145691' post='3793417']
Driver: TM SuperTri TP RIP (a) 70x
4w: TEE CB2 Axivcore Tour Red 89x
3h: TM Rescue TP (07?) TTDG X100
4-p: Scratch EZ1 TTDG X100s
52-56-60: Scratch 1018s
Putter: Bettinardi BB32

Usually when anyone asks they have no idea what my irons and wedges are, I've had a few people say they've seen the wedges at carls golf land but I've yet to meet someone who has a single scratch club in their bag, but suprisingly enough I've met 3 or 4 guys with TEE FWs and they all recognize the head cover from a mile away, and the putter puts everyone at a total loss for how to even say the name let alone have one in the bag

I'm curious what you guys would think if I showed up with that bag, I play to about a 10 now I used to play to a 2 but I got my knee repaired 3 years ago and I've never gotten it back :russian_roulette:
[/quote]I would have placed this as a low handicap bag 0-5.You`re an avid observer of equipment and you take pride in your bag.Scratch irons and wedges mean you don`t like to follow the crowd but like to stand out with an air of cool.You also believe in the company in that they produce the best and exactly what you`re after.CB2 says you read forums(it`s a great 3 wood).Based on the shafts the knee injury hasn`t affected the clubhead speed too much although consistency of strike and direction has suffered.110+mph with high ballflight and you`re probably late 20's and over 6'.Nice bag.

Whatever works.

[quote name='Ernie1060' timestamp='1321135991' post='3792919']
TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- R11 TP driver
- 07 Burner tp 3W
- R11 tp 3 hybrid

- 2011 TP MB irons
- CG 15 DSG wedges

- TM-110 Ghost putter

- All in a TM bag.

[/quote]
Even without the detail you can tell it`s a players bag.TP driver,07 burner tp(a tour pro favourite),muscle back irons,dsg grinds suggest you like to open up the face and play different shots around the green.The fact that you have primarily gone player Taylormade probably means you`re young,a very good player and harbor tour aspirations.If you`re not that good then you probably just like to look like you could be on tour(sponsored player).In my experience it`s rare to see a bag with stiff shafted woods and X100 iron shafts as your fastest swings will be with the longer clubs.Nice set up tho'.

Whatever works.

[quote name='henricogolfer' timestamp='1320009076' post='3739203']
Great topic, I play at private club, laid back, but guests don't always know that. I have seen guys go out of their way to hide their bag, good players, but old sticks. You also get to see the guys who leave their bag in everyone's way with new Titleist everything. I love to wait and watch them cold shank their drive off the first tee.
My bag probably says 12 handicap with aspirations, least that is what I think.
[/quote]

I also play at a private club and it's laid back not as much as I would like, but then again I really don't care! Guest seem to be either awestruck or intimidated when they play at my club, but yet are carrying around top notch gear and equipment! I don't know why, but then again I say hello an move on. I am a equipment hoe and I admit it! I look in bags to see what others have! I don't though judge people by there equipment! When we get to the 1st tee all the way through the 18 green If a player beats me with 1970 Wilson Staff blades or A whole bag of Scratch clubs an the latest woods & hybrids I'll tip my hat and say good match! But then after the round I'll hopefully talk to said person about equipment! As for the guests that come with the poser bag "it's funny when they cold shank one off the first tee though! :). I feel bad for them in some sense! They probably feel foolish! :)

Also please don't judge me by my WITB! If you have an opinion look @ my SIG!

Cheers!!:)

Putter? Whatever Works

I'm curious what my bag says:

Titleist 909D2 10.5 Regular
Titleist 909F2 15.5 Stiff
Titleist 909H 21 Stiff
Mizuno MP-53 5(bent to 26)-PW
Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 51 and 57
C&L Custom Putter
Sun Mountain Four-5 Stand Bag

My Titleist woods and hybrid are housed by the stock Titleist headcovers that came with them, and I have a plain black AME headcover protecting my putter. I'm curious to see what it says about me and how close that is to the real thing. When I put this bag together I really thought about how much I use every club and got my bag down to 11 clubs and I really haven't come across a situation where I missed a club. Instead of something like 50, 55, 60 for my wedges I went with only two, and I solved the 5 wood/3iron/4iron area with only one club, a 21* hybrid, and had my 5 iron bent 1* strong to close the gap just a little bit.

Do mine next!
What does my bag say about me?

Driver: Titleist 910 D3/Graphite design di-7
3-wood: R9 TP 13*
2-Hybrid: Taylormade tp rescue 17*
4-hybrid: Adams idea pro gold 23*
5-pw: Adams Cb2/Matrix studio graphite shaft
wedges: 51,55,59 taylormade xft
putter: custom scotty cameron newport 1.5

all stiff shafts, matching travis headcovers on woods, and a custom scotty cameron headcover on the putter

Just trying to learn how to putt.

[quote name='jrgolfer37' timestamp='1321207031' post='3795523']
Do mine next!
What does my bag say about me?

Driver: Titleist 910 D3/Graphite design di-7
3-wood: R9 TP 13*
2-Hybrid: Taylormade tp rescue 17*
4-hybrid: Adams idea pro gold 23*
5-pw: Adams Cb2/Matrix studio graphite shaft
wedges: 51,55,59 taylormade xft
putter: custom scotty cameron newport 1.5

all stiff shafts, matching travis headcovers on woods, and a custom scotty cameron headcover on the putter
[/quote]This looks like a teenagers bag and that of a passionate golfer.A mixture of popular manufacturers is a statement of fashion(youth)and you`ve selected the best that works for you.It`s a great bag and it will evolve as your strength increases.I don`t mean to be rude but it`s like a strong LPGA Tour players bag.You`ve probably got a great short game.

Whatever works.