2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Thanks to all golfers that turn things in!

pencilwhipper

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the appeal of keeping a wedge that someone has left on the green but I still don't condone it. The ones that absolutely boggle my mind are the ones that keep a single iron. Not sure what good that Callaway Hawkeye VFT 6 iron is going to do you buddy.

I do know that some of the newer single irons (especially the higher lofted ones) go for a princely amount of money on the Bay. It's sad that people will jack up the prices on a single iron just because of demand.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I aways turn stuff in no matter what it is because I know how bad it sucks when you notice something missing on top of it's the right thing to do. My stuff only gets returned about 60% of the time. If I lose a standard wedge I can buy off the rack in any golf shop, I don't care so much at all. But when it's a 9 iron out of my set that I had bent to my specs, it ruins my whole set. That's REALLY frustrating.

[quote name='rockinar' timestamp='1346014402' post='5538333']
I aways turn stuff in no matter what it is because I know how bad it sucks when you notice something missing on top of it's the right thing to do. My stuff only gets returned about 60% of the time. If I lose a standard wedge I can buy off the rack in any golf shop, I don't care so much at all. But when it's a 9 iron out of my set that I had bent to my specs, it ruins my whole set. That's REALLY frustrating.
[/quote]

You leave enough stuff lying around the course to establish a percentage? Sounds like you need to work on a system..... like always laying your wedge(s) next to or over the flagstick on the surface or at least a club count at each tee.

I turned in a wilson fat shaft PW that someone left at the practice green the other day.... and turn in anything I find. Keeping stuff doesn't even cross my mind.

What we did normally is somebody turns in a club/headcover/ or the likes we have them leave there name and number/email. If in 2 weeks nobody claims the club or what they turned in they have the option to come take it sense they found it. If they didn't want it then it turned in the junior bags/teaching bags.

• 1 year later...

Ive turned in , the past, wedges, a phone, one ipod (back when they where new and BIG $$$), bunch of towels and head covers

Recently, I LOST MY TOWEL, custom made to match a putter head cover I had which my wife bought me. Its got my last name on the towel (why the hell would someone want that) but has a really neat (or so I thought) custom design. No one person turned it....Pissed and disappointed.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Found a new pair of Vokeys laying green side, had some options on them so at least $300 worth of value. Keeping them was never a thought, but it was tough not trying them out before flagging down the guy ahead of us to give them back.

At the same course my wife left a panda driver cover on the second tee, we had a good idea who had it, as the local college team was practicing right behind us. When we couldn't locate it she called the college the next day and had the good fortune to have the athletic director answer the phone he took it personally that one of his athletes would have kept it, took a week but he tracked it down and returned it. Saddest part was the coach was in the group directly behind us, sad that he thought it fine for one of the team members to keep it when he watched us tee off on the first tee and knew it was likely ours as no one else was out on the course.

I've always turned in anything I've found. It's the only way. My latest episode, not on a golf course, but at an apartment complex. I was walking through the parking lot, and I saw money, envelopes, and a super market receipt right by the driver's side door, as if someone dropped it while getting out of the car. I picked the stuff up, saw about $ 9-10 dollars, and stuck it under the windshield wiper. Had it been any sizeable amount of cash, I would have taken it to the police station.

When I was a boy, my Dad found a merchant bag of money off the curb in the street. On taking it back into the store, I recall the store manager took the bag without so much as a thank you. When I asked my Dad how he felt about the manager's response, he said the money needed returned, no matter how the guy acted.

I've followed my Dad's example since that day. As far as golf courses, I can't count how many clubs and stuff I've turned in. I couldn't have done otherwise.

Last year I lost a beat up inexpensive pocket watch at my club. It was given to me as a gift 30 years ago from the wife. No value, except sentimental. No one turned it in. I keep telling myself that it got crunched up in a tractor mower or something. I hope so.

I lost the PW to my new Titleist blades when I was 17. It killed me. Lost at one of the top 3 clubs in Canada. I'd saved all summer for those and then I had to find another hundo to replace it

I find wedges to be the most likely to go missing. One of the reasons my TVD's are pimped up with my name and colours on them - I've left one behind at my club a few times and had it brought back to me asap

I read a thread in here where guys have approached the group behind them for a Vokey and they say no and yet on a bag search it is stuffed in upside down ... are you kidding me, you need to rip off someone over a $100 club, WOW !!!!

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1383579712' post='8099736']
I lost the PW to my new Titleist blades when I was 17. It killed me. Lost at one of the top 3 clubs in Canada. I'd saved all summer for those and then I had to find another hundo to replace it

I find wedges to be the most likely to go missing. One of the reasons my TVD's are pimped up with my name and colours on them - I've left one behind at my club a few times and had it brought back to me asap

I read a thread in here where guys have approached the group behind them for a Vokey and they say no and yet on a bag search it is stuffed in upside down ... are you kidding me, you need to rip off someone over a $100 club, WOW !!!!
[/quote]

I dont know what i would do if i saw someone had my item

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Seems like there are quite a few people who leave clubs on a regular basis. I agree with the poster who said lay them over the flagstick. I usually lay my extra clubs over my putter cover on the green so I know I won't leave them. Or if I have extra clubs on the tee I usually prop them up on a tee marker so they are visible. If you leave clubs on a regular basis the odds are eventually one is not getting turned in.

I also think that a lot of clubs that don't get turned in, it's actually an accident. You find a loose club on the course, stick it in your bag planning on turning it in at the end of your round and then forget you have it. Although it's unlikely, it's possible you might not even notice that extra club for a while.

I have been lucky with getting items returned, and definitely return what I find. I once got into a shouting match with a group that hit into us, and then had to go back a few holes later to retrieve an 8 iron. They had picked up my club and apologized for the altercation, so worked out well ( I was expecting the worse, haha). I also left a pair of Costa sunglasses on the 18th green at Patriots Point GC (very popular course on the water in Charleston, SC). I thought there would be no way that my glasses would be returned, especially since I didn't realize it for a few days. Sure enough, the pro shop had them when I called. I now keep my glasses on my head where they belong.

A great little trick that I learned from a poster on this forum for your wedges and putter cover around the green. If you only need your putter on the green, leave the headcover in the cart. If you need wedges and your putter, take them and leave the headcover by the wedges. That way, when you return to the cart and cannot cover your putter, you will be able to pick up your wedges that you also left on the green! This has worked well for me.

I always turn stuff in, but I did forget to turn in a 9 iron about 20 years ago and didn't bring it back until the next week. My course has a big wire basket for the headcovers and towels and such. I've only left behind a club once, didn't notice it until about 2 weeks later -- but it was at the course, somebody turned it in. Granted it was a component gap wedge, so nothing pricey, but I was happy to have it back.

The few towels I've seen left on the course have been pretty disreputable -- in 40+ years of playing, I've never seen a towel in decent shape left behind. Never found cell phones or sunglasses, but then I usually walk, and those are the sort of tings often left behind in a cart. Last week, found a sweater on a tee box, draped it over the push cart for two holes and some guy came careening back at us -- it was his.

Maltby STw2 10* Tensei Orange Stiff 46.75"
TourSwing Octane 10.5*  TourSwing Vengeance  44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 19* 3 hybrid 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
LogicalOne Putter

[quote name='Don W' timestamp='1383576715' post='8099550']
Found a new pair of Vokeys laying green side, had some options on them so at least $300 worth of value. Keeping them was never a thought, but it was tough not trying them out before flagging down the guy ahead of us to give them back.

[/quote]

I found a new Leupold Range finder one of those $600 ones..... man was tempted and more worse one of those you gotta try before giving back just like above LOL! But the little guy with a halo on my shoulder had a 12guage to my temple so I when we hit the club house on the turn as I was walking out there were 2 guys scrambling to go back I asked them if they lost something and he described the Rangefinder and case and said we found it.....Good Karma point 1,

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='cmrl1986' timestamp='1345268343' post='5493248']
It's not the golfers you have to worry about, it's when you leave something in a cart and the cart boy finds it. I had an iPhone left once. Cart guy kept it and never turned it in. I went back a week later and saw him using it (I have a very distinct case on it that he didn't bother to change). Felt bad that he lost his job, but all he had to do was turn it in and he would have been fine. Dishonesty comes back at ya sooner or later...
[/quote]

So all cart guys need to be watched because that kid stole your iPhone? Thanks for the insight.

Everyone should turn everything in that they find on the course that isn't their own, plain and simple. I do that for others, if not for the simple fact that I would hope they would do the same.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Left my wallet on the range warming up before a round this summer. Pro shop kid rides down to the #1 teebox right as I'm getting ready with it. Said the guys behind us turned it in. Had about $60 in cash and it was all there. My only regret was not buying all those guys beers after the round.

Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft- Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S)
TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 S)- 18*
Maltby DBM (KBS Tour S)- 4-GW
Bridgestone J15 wedges (True Temper DG Spinner)- 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select

Lost my Futura head cover years back, but someone found my UPro and turned it in.

As said earlier, Karma. Just this year I've found a phone, super small Bushnell GPS, half dozen clubs. When I've found them, I call the pro shop to let them know, in case someone making the turn is asking. Funny thing about the GPS - the group ahead of us had lost it, and we crossed paths when they sliced a ball into our fairway. When we made the turn, they were only playing nine holes and were in getting a snack and beers. I had some business in the pro shop, but my two playing partners saw the others in the bar and said, you know you really should buy us a beer for finding your GPS. The guy said sure, and bought each of THEM a beer.

913D3 9.5*
913F 15*
915F 18*
913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Vokey SM6 52*
Vokey SM4 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura (2004)

I have always been amazed at the good spirit of most golfers. I have found 99% of them turn everything in without fail. I have seen things picked up by mistake and returned later. I think most avid golfers wouldn't dare take anything out of karma or the simple fact that they'll need someone to find their stuff one day. The downside is that sometimes new comers or non-regulars don't look at it the same.
Myself if I found 10 grand in the cart, I'd turn it in out of fear of the golfing gods!

[quote name='TheGeekGolfer' timestamp='1383606146' post='8101858']
If it's 'non golf related' and under $100, then (from the informal poll of my playing buddies) the Golf Gods don't care, so it's fair game.
[/quote]

You are a scumbag if you keep anything you find on the course regardless of the price, it's about the principle. If you didn't pay for it, it's not yours so turn it in.

I picked up one of these a few years ago after playing four rounds in continuous rain: [url="http://www.myclubpal.com/page/page/3404078.htm"]http://www.myclubpal.com/page/page/3404078.htm[/url].

Besides keeping the grips dry, and helping my poor 'ol back, I haven't left a club on the green since. 'Best dang golf gadget I've ever bought.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0