The Offical Urethane Ball discount thread!

Comments

• johnnyscarps007johnnyscarps007 Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    My local ****’s had a handful of prov1x dozens (prior generation) in the clearance sale for 29$ a dozen. Might be worth checking nearby stores
  • jli2636jli2636 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    Not sure if anyone will see this in the next 17 minutes, but gamer tours are buy one get one free until 10 pm eastern:

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/top-flite-gamer-tour-golf-balls-16tflmtf2016tpflggbl/16tflmtf2016tpflggbl
  • RPryorRPryor Banned Posts: 177
    Meh
    CTUALLY, THX. BOUGHT 8 DOZ
    What’s the deal with the gamer tours vs the gamer Soft? I think I read th4 tours play 5-10 yards shorter. This true?
  • thejuicethejuice Members Posts: 2,065 ✭✭
    Just scored two dozen Maxfli U-Speed for 2 for $60 and used my $10 off coupon. Technically 2 for $50 and I've heard great things about the ball. If I don't like them then I'll just give them to my buddy who also likes to try new urethane balls.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • RydidiRydidi Members Posts: 7
    I tried the gamer tours.. they last about 2 holes before the cover starts to scuff.. and I'm not including the few times I hit trees, or paths
    Im in love with the Wilson Duo-U.
  • Frisco KidFrisco Kid Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited Feb 1, 2018 #40
    hwturner17 wrote:
    Golfworks has Maxfli U4 for $14.99 pretty much all the time.

4 piece with a urethane cover and it's a highly regarded ball. I have 2 dozen and I was blown away by them. Definitely worth trying if you haven't already

I loved the U4s and would have loaded up but alas Golfworks appears to be sold out.
    Ping G30 Driver Tour 65 R
    Ping G30 3 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping G30 5 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping I200 4-P Modus 105 R
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, 58SS CFS
    Ping G Sigma Tyne Putter
    Ping DLX Cart Bag
  • Uh oh...looks current generation Z Stars, Z Star XV, and Q Star Tours are all $20/doz

Your welcome😉

https://www.golfballs.com/Golfballs/m/Page.aspx?key=search&search=Performance pack 6 srixon

• Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 493 ✭✭
    TsarBomba wrote:

Uh oh...looks current generation Z Stars, Z Star XV, and Q Star Tours are all $20/doz

Your welcome��

https://www.golfball...e pack 6 srixon

Thank you!
    Fusion 10.5
    EX10 Beta 16.5 and/or XCG7 Beta 18

XCG7 Beta 22
    Zu85 5
    565 6-pw
    RTX 3 50.10, 54.08
    SM7 58.08

Long neck putter
  • mooks3113mooks3113 Lefty Boomers Posts: 147 ✭✭
    TsarBomba wrote:

Uh oh...looks current generation Z Stars, Z Star XV, and Q Star Tours are all $20/doz

Your welcome😉

https://www.golfballs.com/Golfballs/m/Page.aspx?key=search&search=Performance pack 6 srixon

Thanks! Just picked up 6 dozen
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    TsarBomba wrote:

Your welcome��

https://www.golfball...e pack 6 srixon

Gosh darn my friend you and a true enabler! God bless you!

Now loaded up on my favorite for probably another year.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • MarrkedMarrked Members Posts: 9
    Frisco Kid wrote:

hwturner17 wrote:
    Golfworks has Maxfli U4 for $14.99 pretty much all the time.

4 piece with a urethane cover and it's a highly regarded ball. I have 2 dozen and I was blown away by them. Definitely worth trying if you haven't already

I loved the U4s and would have loaded up but alas Golfworks appears to be sold out.

Where do you see these? I only see the U/6's on their site. I see the U-Fli. Did those replace the U/4's? Price is also $40, not the 14.99 by the poster above you saw.
  • theedge27theedge27 Posts: 604 ✭✭
    You quoted the post that says they appear to be sold out....
  • MarrkedMarrked Members Posts: 9
    edited Feb 4, 2018 #47
    theedge27 wrote:

I realize that. The point is I don't even see the U4 offered on Golfworks' website. I was wondering if it was replaced with the U fli series.

edit: grammar
  • Silicon Valley DaleSilicon Valley Dale Banned Posts: 296
    If you can ever find RZN Platinums (practice) at Dunhams for 7.99 a dozen, you'll never find a better golf deal for as long as you live. My local store has only had them for that once that I've seen. I'd place them 1% behind the best of the best, for me currently at least that is the TP5x. I'll game those when I need to post a score and the RZN's for every other round. They're darn fine in all aspects without being overwhelming in any of them. Feel? 2nd favorite ball. Off the tee? 2nd favorite Urethane ball. Around the green? 2nd favorite. The 1st favorite isn't the one and same though ball throughout so for all around performance they're awesome.

Everyday they're 14.99 there. The only other ball that even comes close for the price is Gamer Tours. They're inferior in every way, but a steal for 15.00 a dozen. If you can get by the "PRACTICE" stamped on them, and the USGA can, you can play a top 2-4 ball for cheap.
  • Frisco KidFrisco Kid Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Marrked wrote:
    theedge27 wrote:

I realize that. The point is I don't even see the U4 offered on Golfworks' website. I was wondering if it was replaced with the U fli series.

edit: grammar

I didn’t either...that’s what led me to believe they were out of stock. I do believe the U Fli series replaced the U4 and U6 models.
    Ping G30 Driver Tour 65 R
    Ping G30 3 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping G30 5 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping I200 4-P Modus 105 R
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, 58SS CFS
    Ping G Sigma Tyne Putter
    Ping DLX Cart Bag
  • theedge27theedge27 Posts: 604 ✭✭
    U6 replaced the U4. Ufli replaced U6.
    Z star better than the Wilson duo u?
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,173 ✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2018 #52
    RPryor wrote:

Z star better than the Wilson duo u?

Both are very good balls, Duo U has a softer feel. Z Star comes in yellow.
  • Bill BroderickBill Broderick Posts: 183 ✭✭
    edited Feb 9, 2018 #53
    In another thread, someone posted that they saw Top Flite Tour balls on sale at a local ****'s for $10 per dozen and $3.49 per sleeve. It appears that ****'s has replaced the Top Flite Tour with Top Flite Urethane (which I'm betting is a rebranded version of the Tour). They have removed the dozen pack of white balls from their website. But, they do have the $3.49 sleeves. I'm going to stop at my local store tonight to see if the $10 per dozen sale is going on there.

Update - my local store does not have the $10 per dozen sale right now. They are selling them at $15 per dozen. Oh well. On the bright side, I just saved about $100.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ob18ob18 Members Posts: 1,630 ✭✭

In another thread, someone posted that they saw Top Flite Tour balls on sale at a local ****'s for $10 per dozen and $3.49 per sleeve. It appears that ****'s has replaced the Top Flite Tour with Top Flite Urethane (which I'm betting is a rebranded version of the Tour). They have removed the dozen pack of white balls from their website. But, they do have the $3.49 sleeves. I'm going to stop at my local store tonight to see if the $10 per dozen sale is going on there.

Update - my local store does not have the $10 per dozen sale right now. They are selling them at $15 per dozen. Oh well. On the bright side, I just saved about $100.

I picked up a dozen & we'll see when I can get out to a course, if they are the same I won't be shocked.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]10* Callaway XR Driver
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
    Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
    54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges

Odyssey O-Works Red #7 Tank Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour[/font]
  • petahpetah Posts: 119
    TsarBomba wrote:

Your welcome😉

Thank you sir! Ordered 15 dozen for the year to share with my dad. Love these balls.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    RBG has older B-Stones for 2 for $45 - Also Snell MTB (2017 version) 2 for $50

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/balls/new-golf-balls/bridgestone-tour-b330-s-golf-balls/
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,188 ✭✭
    I bought a pile of B330 RX's from Budget Golf a while back when they were blowing them out and recently had a chance to put them in play and wound up loving them. My go-to ball is the Z Star and the RX feels and performs very similar. Soft but not mushy. They spin plenty too. Approach shots from 7 iron on down stopped within a couple yards of where they hit, wedges even faster. Excellent ball at any price.

Rock Bottom seems to have them 2 dozen for $40. Great deal.
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & Srizon U85 3U
    Ping G25, G410, or i200 irons (depending on mood)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges 
    Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    Nessism wrote:

I bought a pile of B330 RX's from Budget Golf a while back when they were blowing them out and recently had a chance to put them in play and wound up loving them. My go-to ball is the Z Star and the RX feels and performs very similar. Soft but not mushy. They spin plenty too. Approach shots from 7 iron on down stopped within a couple yards of where they hit, wedges even faster. Excellent ball at any price.

[url="https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/balls/new-golf-balls/bridgestone-tour-b330-rx-golf-balls-1/"]Rock Bottom seems to have them 2 dozen for $40.[/url] Great deal.

They really are a good ball, no crazy spin into the green but enough/plenty and IMO superb off the driver for my swing!
  • rcb1586rcb1586 Members Posts: 362 ✭✭
    edited Feb 17, 2018 #59
    I'm not really familiar with all the versions of the Duo ball but I stumbled across this.

Some versions as low as $10 per dozen. Free shipping at $100 or more.

https://maplehillgolf.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Duo
    TM M3 460, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    TM M3 3HL, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    Mizuno MPH5 3-6, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MP15 7-PW, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MPT5 50.07, 54.12, 62.08, stock wedge shaft
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03H 34"
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Nessism wrote:

[url="https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/balls/new-golf-balls/bridgestone-tour-b330-rx-golf-balls-1/"]Rock Bottom seems to have them 2 dozen for $40.[/url] Great deal.
    Great deal for sure. Checked them out . left site and they sent an additional 10% off coupon email. Thanks for heads up.
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.paulbertholy.com

www.dougferreri.com
  • robertsjrobertsj ClubWRX Posts: 213 ClubWRX
    bump this up for more opinions