New Titleist TS drivers

Comments

• MattyO1984MattyO1984  5477Members Posts: 5,477
    maamold wrote:

nsxguy wrote:

I can certainly understand the appearance bothering someone to the extent of not being able to hit a given driver.

Top, including shape. Color. Face. Really any part of its appearance at address. But the bottom ? Can't see that one,,,,,,,,,,,

Crazy thing is that I think the TS Headcover is boring. It doesn't follow the design of the clubs at all, The bottom of the clubs have sharp angles and razor looking design features, but the headcover has 2 lines with a band for the TS logo....Yawn. It doesn't really matter but struck me as an odd oversight by Titleist.

I actually quite like the headcover, my only beef with it is that there doesn't seem to be any protection for the shaft.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MG 1977MG 1977  1649Members Posts: 1,649
    I have 4 rounds under my belt with my TS2, I have to say it's getting better and better the more I get used to it the more confidence I have in it. I can hit little fades and draws at will, love the sound and feel... definitely the best driver I've had this year and I've had M4, F8+, G Max and Rogue this season.
    Posted:
  • KmacKmac  770Members Posts: 770
    What has been the turnaround time from ordering to arrival? And has anyone taken the 785 and TS2 outside for some real testing? I will soon as my TS2 shows up which I hope is very soon.
    Posted:
  • bogey777bogey777  106Members Posts: 106
    MG 1977 wrote:

I have 4 rounds under my belt with my TS2, I have to say it's getting better and better the more I get used to it the more confidence I have in it. I can hit little fades and draws at will, love the sound and feel... definitely the best driver I've had this year and I've had M4, F8+, G Max and Rogue this season.
    Good to hear i just picked one up last nite an pretty much have had the same drivers as you over this season ,i got the ts2 with the smoke going to plat tomorrow
    Posted:
  • mikeberlinmikeberlin  200Members Posts: 200
    So what are peoples impression of the Smoke line? Looking for people that have played the HZRDUS Black and/or Yellow. I've read the marketing material, but is there a big difference in feel?
    Posted:
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX  1694Members Posts: 1,694
    mikeberlin wrote:

So what are peoples impression of the Smoke line? Looking for people that have played the HZRDUS Black and/or Yellow. I've read the marketing material, but is there a big difference in feel?
    I found it to be a slightly weaker version if that makes sense. Doesnt feel as stout, launches and spins a little more. Solid for free offering tho
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524  4317ClubWRX Posts: 4,317
    PatsNation wrote:

mikeberlin wrote:

I found it to be a slightly weaker version if that makes sense. Doesnt feel as stout, launches and spins a little more. Solid for free offering tho

I would agree with PatsNation... I play the yellow in my G400, 6.0 and have a 5.5. The Smoke feels right in between those two for me. Feels really nice actually.

I had the EF 6.0 in mine, but I just took the TS3 back for store credit today. It was good but the G400 is just better all around for me. The EF may have been a bad fit for me, it is a bit stouter feeling than the smoke for sure and I do not need a low/low shaft. Looking forward to hearing more on the TS2.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10* Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    Ping G400 14.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    Titleist 915h 21*   Aldila Rogue black 85s
    Ping S55 4-P X100
    Titleist SM5 50.12, 56.10
    Odyssey PT2 34"

• jlebeane13jlebeane13  334Members Posts: 334
    PatsNation wrote:

mikeberlin wrote:

+ 1 on this,

It's like the little brother of the black. Not as intimidating, but every bit of a bad @$;$.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)
  • Big BenBig Ben  9239Members Posts: 9,239
    Little note on Handcrafted models versus retail. Spoke with Team Titleist today and discussed in a little detail. I was told the ONLY difference is location produced, same exact materials and built process. There is no difference in performance. The Handcrafted models are made here in the USA. No flaming please that’s straight from the horses mouth, they received this info from the Engineers. BB
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • DowntimeDowntime  104Members Posts: 104
    I am anxious to get my TS2 in hand tomorrow. i ordered it with the EF shaft - may do some tinkering with the shaft, but hope this driver is here to stay for a while!
    Posted:
  • kennyFpowers55kennyFpowers55  34Members Posts: 34
    Got my ts3 9.5 with smoke 6.0 on the way.

Was averaging 108 swing speed, 157 ball speed, 2300 spin, 275 carry, and 303 total yards. Super pumped! Hope I perform with it on the course. Didn't try the ts2, preferred the look and workability of the ts3 so I didn't want to have an internal conflict (haha).
    Posted:

Advertisement
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT  7212Members Posts: 7,212
    Anybody OLD n SLOW get into the new drivers yet? 50's with 90-ish speed ....

I tried 3 of the shafts(stock) without success
    Posted:
  • KaexoKaexo  769Members Posts: 769
    SwooshLT wrote:

I'm not in my 50s and swing around 110 but when I got fit I couldn't get either the TS2 or TS3 below 3k in spin. I didnt get to try my gamer shaft in the TPT so who knows. Even on ones I centered and flew great the spin killed the distance. Ball speed seemed on par with my M4 or 0811X.
    Posted:
  • TCZTCZ Vancouver, BC, Canada 516Members Posts: 516
    Hit the TS3 today with Hazardous Smoke stiff. Really liked it. I am gaming the M4 right now and distance was similar (no data just naked eye observations re: ball flight and distance to the end of my usual range). I previously played the 917 D3 (loved it) and the TS3 feels hotter of the face. I love the way Titleist drivers set up behind the ball and find I can work the ball both ways well with them. The M4 is a great driver but I do have a harder time turning the ball over because of the way it sets up. I will have a hard time not buying the TS3!
    Posted:
    Driver (10.5):  PXG 0811X Gen 2 (Tour AD DI 6s)
    3 Wood (15):  PXG 0341X (Tour AD DI 7s)
    Hybrid (19):  PXG  0317 (Tour AD DI 85s)
     Hybrid (22):  PXG  0317X (Tour AD DI 85s)
    Irons (5-P):  PXG 0311T Gen 2 (TT Elevate Tour S)
    Wedges:  50F/54S/58M:  Titleist Vokey SM7 (Jet Black)
    Putter:  PXG Lucky D
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 905ClubWRX Posts: 905
    SwooshLT wrote:

LOL...I’m with you. Tried both drivers with multiple shafts over two days vs my G400 Max/Diamana Blueboard and right off thought I had a winner with the TS3/Tensei Blue however rotating back to my Ping there was no real gain or loss. Too close to call with my mid 90s swing. I put a good move on any of them and they go similar distances with the Ping winning the dispersion battle. In the past I could easily have talked myself into the TS3 because like the M3 I can weight it to draw more and it results in some nice looking shots. But I fear I’m getting bored with the whole process and losing my inner ho’. :-)
    Posted:
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...  1054Members Posts: 1,054
    Okay, if anybody remembers some of the posts I've made, I'm not a huge proponent of new driver tech. I've gone off about how it's all marketing BS and since they've maxed out the driver, a guy should play what he likes the look and feel of because it doesn't make any difference between drivers. The fact that I've compared the 910 to all the Titleist drivers since, and the 910 actually produced the longest tee shot in 2 different fittings (it beat the 913 and 917) was pretty solid empirical evidence that new drivers were pretty much just hype. Even Crossfield got his regular carry in his review and he's sponsored by them now (#262)

That said....

I went and hit TS3 last night and I was absolutely blown away. With the same shaft, the TS3 carried 14 yards further, than my 915, 22 yards further total distance. How is this possible? I was fitted by a very reputable fitter for that 915 and since I bought it, I've hit M1, M2, M3,M4, EPIC. Rogue, G400,LST/MAX, 917, F8+, ST180 and probably a couple more. And every one of them were within a few yards of each other on the same sim. I was doing a pretty good job at finding the middle of the face with both clubs and the TS3 would just not fall out of the sky.

I'm actually suspicious to the point that I didn't order one and I'm going to do another side by side with a few of the other new offerings because those results just don't jive. I saw it first hand, but just can't believe that it's on the level.
    Posted:
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

[

Advertisement
  • DevilDogDevilDog  1837Members Posts: 1,837
    SwooshLT wrote:

I'm 61 and the TS2 worked best for me. Shaft that worked best with the NV 2KNV Orange. Gained about 10 yards over current Ping G set up. Is it worth the 500 bucks for 10 yards? Not sure about that. For my 14 year old son, he fit best into a TS3. Got his total distance up from 265 with his Epic set up to about 290. A note on this though. His Epic was fit in March. His swing speed then was about 90 with a driver. He's now about 103-104 and he grew 5 inches. What happened with his Epic is he outgrew the shaft (Synergy 60 S) and loft (10.5*). He has not been properly fitted for the TS3 but still saw gains but I think he would see those gains with any quality driver that accounts for his current swing speed.
    Posted:
    DevilDog wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

I'm 61 and the TS2 worked best for me. Shaft that worked best with the NV 2KNV Orange. Gained about 10 yards over current Ping G set up. Is it worth the 500 bucks for 10 yards? Not sure about that. For my 14 year old son, he fit best into a TS3. Got his total distance up from 265 with his Epic set up to about 290. A note on this though. His Epic was fit in March. His swing speed then was about 90 with a driver. He's now about 103-104 and he grew 5 inches. What happened with his Epic is he outgrew the shaft (Synergy 60 S) and loft (10.5*). He has not been properly fitted for the TS3 but still saw gains but I think he would see those gains with any quality driver that accounts for his current swing speed.

Did you hit that shaft at an outdoor fitting? What shaft in the G driver?
    Posted:
  • DevilDogDevilDog  1837Members Posts: 1,837
    Yes it was an outdoor fitting. My G has a Tensei Blue 60 S shaft in it. For some reason, in the last year, my launch has lowered and my spin. Not sure why. I still hit it hard but I'll be damned as to why I am now hitting it lower. I haven't really changed my swing just worked on things from Monte's video Drive For Show which I assure you didn't cause this change.
    Posted:
    DevilDog wrote:

Yes it was an outdoor fitting. My G has a Tensei Blue 60 S shaft in it. For some reason, in the last year, my launch has lowered and my spin. Not sure why. I still hit it hard but I'll be damned as to why I am now hitting it lower. I haven't really changed my swing just worked on things from Monte's video Drive For Show which I assure you didn't cause this change.

Just hit TS2/tensei combo vs current jpx900....as expected jpx900 spun far more and went shorter than ts2.....feel and accuracy was very similar...

I want to confirm shaft choices however
    Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6045Members Posts: 6,045

Okay, if anybody remembers some of the posts I've made, I'm not a huge proponent of new driver tech. I've gone off about how it's all marketing BS and since they've maxed out the driver, a guy should play what he likes the look and feel of because it doesn't make any difference between drivers. The fact that I've compared the 910 to all the Titleist drivers since, and the 910 actually produced the longest tee shot in 2 different fittings (it beat the 913 and 917) was pretty solid empirical evidence that new drivers were pretty much just hype. Even Crossfield got his regular carry in his review and he's sponsored by them now (#262)

That said....

I went and hit TS3 last night and I was absolutely blown away. With the same shaft, the TS3 carried 14 yards further, than my 915, 22 yards further total distance. How is this possible? I was fitted by a very reputable fitter for that 915 and since I bought it, I've hit M1, M2, M3,M4, EPIC. Rogue, G400,LST/MAX, 917, F8+, ST180 and probably a couple more. And every one of them were within a few yards of each other on the same sim. I was doing a pretty good job at finding the middle of the face with both clubs and the TS3 would just not fall out of the sky.

I'm actually suspicious to the point that I didn't order one and I'm going to do another side by side with a few of the other new offerings because those results just don't jive. I saw it first hand, but just can't believe that it's on the level.

You ask how it happens but these are the only numbers you give us ? image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

Since your SS probably didn't change much one must guess your launch went UP and your spin went DOWN.

Otherwise. image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

Advertisement
  • YouAreUpLeftyYouAreUpLefty western Canada 1498Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,498
    Anyone compare the TS drivers to the Cobra F8 ?

thanks gb
    Posted:
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, California 2060Members Posts: 2,060
    Alright, so where can I purchase SureFit sleeves? I'm coming over from TM so need to change out my stable of shafts;)
    Posted:
  • lefty74pghlefty74pgh  1555Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,555
    I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

Posted:
    lefty74pgh wrote:

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

Awesome to hear/read! Was this the 100 buck that gets credited to your purchase?
    Posted:
  • lefty74pghlefty74pgh  1555Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,555
    No, just a Titleist Thursday event at a local club. 45 minuets time slots.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan  1338Members Posts: 1,338
    lefty74pgh wrote:

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

So, if your swing speed stayed the same between old and new drivers, your smash went up from about 1.33 to about 1.45? Did they feel like better strikes?
    Posted:
  • icemakricemakr  546Charter Members Posts: 546
    SwooshLT wrote:

56, 95-98mph I have a TS3 9.5 but I’ve been using

a Diamana Kai Li Reg. I had from a 917.

I hit this really well, SUPER straight and occasionally long.

straightest driver I’ve had since the R7 days....

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 Fujikura Ventus
    Cobra F9 Tour 15.5* Ventus
    Ping g400 7w DVS 80
    TM P790 5-PwModus 105
    Titleist Vokey  52, 58, Callaway 64*
    BGrace FatMan
     MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"
    OG wrxer (check my member #)
    icemakr wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

56, 95-98mph I have a TS3 9.5 but I’ve been using

a Diamana Kai Li Reg. I had from a 917.

I hit this really well, SUPER straight and occasionally long.

straightest driver I’ve had since the R7 days....

Awesome to hear.....I've turned my eye towards TS3 .....really would love to hit it outside....
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bigeasygatorbigeasygator  89Members Posts: 89
    Thought I'd weigh in with my experience. I'm certainly not the longest player in the world - I'm 39 with a swing speed in the 90-95 range depending on the day. I tend to hit a very low spinning, low launching ball so I'm always looking for a driver/shaft combo that will give me launch and spin to help with my carry distance. My current gamer is a G400 Max w/ a stock Ping Alta CB 55 R-flex. With this combo I'm launching my driver with about 16-18 degrees of launch, ball speed in the low to mid 130s, spinning around 2000 rpm and I end up carrying the ball around 220-230 with rollout to 245-260 depending on the conditions.

Picked up a TS3 after hitting one a few times at an Edwin Watts. Loved the sound and feel off the face and the overall aesthetics waaay more than the G400. The numbers on the launch monitor were reasonable enough that I thought I'd order one and take it for a spin to see how it stood up. It finally came in the other day, and I was able to get some better numbers on the LM and game it for a round.

I went with the Kuro Kage Black Dual Core TiNi 50 with R-flex again to help with launch. Went and hit it on the LM at Golftec first. First thing I noticed was that my swing speed and ball speed picked up about 2-3 mph on the Ping fairly consistently. That said, the launch was consistently in the 11-14 degree range with lower spin than the Ping (closer to 1000-1200). When comparing it to the Ping, I was getting 10 yards less carry distance, but would see around 5 yards more total distance do to the roll out. Dispersions were pretty good - my Ping tended to fly straighter and the TS3 tended to fly with a fade. Decided to take them out for an on course comparison later in the day.

When I got to the course, most of what I saw on the LM held true. The TS3 definitely launched lower and carried less, and I didn't see the fade that I was seeing on the LM. We've had a lot of rain here in South Louisiana as of late, so I wasn't seeing much roll out. For most of the holes, I could almost throw a blanket on top of the drives from both drivers. But the one that seemed more consistent and consistently longer was the Ping - even when I was hitting into the wind. Again, the TS3 looked, felt, and sounded great and was pretty **** close to the G400 in terms of the performance, but my Ping still has the edge and I don't think the TS3 is for me.

That said, I'm dying to go try a TS2 (they didn't have a lefty in stock when I went to Edwin Watts but they do now). If it truly is higher launching and higher spinning and I can get similar launch and spin as my G400 w/ consistently higher swing and ball speeds it might prove to be a winner. Gonna go there now and see about swapping the TS3 out image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Lefthanded
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6-SR
    3-wood: Taylor Made M3 15° w/ GD Tour AD-IZ 6-S
    3h, 4h, 5h: Callaway Steelhead XR w/ UST Recoil 780 ES F4
    5i-AW: Callaway Apex CF-16 w/ UST Recoil 780 ES F4
    Wedges: Titleist BV SM5 54/10/S and 58/08/M
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 009-M SSS 34" 350g

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights