ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New TP5 and TP5X

Comments

• huskiehuskie Advanced Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    when do they hit the stores?
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Advanced Members Posts: 1,098 ✭✭
    Feb 15
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Advanced Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭

If Fowler wins today there will be quite a few people giving the TP5/TP5X a trial when spring golf kicks off (still a few months away for me). Massive publicity win for TM.

DJ won with the ball on the European tour and last week Rose won with it also.
  • WardonationWardonation Advanced Members Posts: 1,356 ✭✭
    I use a check n go for my golf balls. 1 out of 4 TM balls are so out of round they hit the cover of the check n go. I have only had one ProV do this in 8 dozen....
  • Stephens24Stephens24 Advanced Members Posts: 270
    Gotta get this on a monitor compared to last years and other manufacturers current line. To see if ball speed is increased.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,273 ✭✭
    TaylorMade can't get anywhere on Rickie's bag or his hat? Even just a TP5X logo or something? The commercials are nice, but they could use a little more than that.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Advanced Members Posts: 2,020
    Holy Moses wrote:
    TaylorMade can't get anywhere on Rickie's bag or his hat? Even just a TP5X logo or something? The commercials are nice, but they could use a little more than that.
    after Ricky imploding today not sure that’s a bad thing .

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Advanced Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    Dozen TP5 pre-ordered and payed for (Ships on release date) here in the U.K.

Former TM ball lover, TP5X user of late; and hoping the HFM layer and slight compression increase of the TP5 makes this the decent feeling, ‘long enough’ and controllable ball reminiscent of the TP Red / LDP of old....

Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5 degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 R - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    ODYSSEY White Hot Professional No7 - 343g / 34.75
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball [font=arial, sans-serif][/font]NEW 2019 Version[font=arial, sans-serif][/font]

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • SimpSimp Advanced Members Posts: 2,903
    I broke down and bought a sleeve of the new X's and played with the same ball for 18 holes today and saw no issue with durability. It performed pretty **** good. One hop and stop, like most of the tour balls do. It's a good ball. Not worth what they sell for though.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • CDMCDM Advanced Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Sorry what..... image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Advanced Members Posts: 2,020
    CDM wrote:
    Break81 wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Sorry what..... image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

Ok he did win - good for him Kuch and Thomas also had bad days.

Let’s be honest though , Ricky sells clothes and insurance. He’s not going to move the needle on clubs and balls (do you see more Cobra clubs being bought by amateurs?)

Congrats on his 5th win and maybe the ball will get him a couple more but I think TM has a barn full of horses more decorated than Ricky for their golf ball sales. (Rory , DJ, Rose and Day) to name a few
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • mikeditmikedit Advanced Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Simp wrote:

I broke down and bought a sleeve of the new X's and played with the same ball for 18 holes today and saw no issue with durability. It performed pretty **** good. One hop and stop, like most of the tour balls do. It's a good ball. Not worth what they sell for though.

You were able to buy the 2019 TP5X?? I didn't thing they were available yet??
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,798 ClubWRX
    mikedit wrote:
    Simp wrote:

Not supposed to be sold until Feb 15th.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • Stephens24Stephens24 Advanced Members Posts: 270
    Why do you think most of the TM team plays the X? I would think they would prefer the softer feel and lower flight of the non x.
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Advanced Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Even if he had lost, playing the 2nd tournament with that golf ball and getting to -20 under and driving the ball 10 yards further than normal, some have to pay attention.
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,662 ✭✭

crispy830 wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Fowler just said in an interview from his first round at the WM that the TP5 is going an average of 5yds further than his old ball and he is needing to get used to it.

Thought he was using the TP5x.

Yes, I believe he is.

His proto of the ball, not our TP5x.

Look at USGA ball list. There are multiple TP5 and x versions we can’t buy... eight the last I looked.

I’m guessing very few, if any tour players are playing retail TP5 balls, or USGA would not have so many versions listed.
    PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Advanced Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    G-Bone wrote:

crispy830 wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Fowler just said in an interview from his first round at the WM that the TP5 is going an average of 5yds further than his old ball and he is needing to get used to it.

Yes, I believe he is.

Look at USGA ball list. There are multiple TP5 and x versions we can’t buy... eight the last I looked.

I’m guessing very few, if any tour players are playing retail TP5 balls, or USGA would not have so many versions listed.

Same situation for Titleist, no?
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • SimpSimp Advanced Members Posts: 2,903
    mikedit wrote:

Simp wrote:

Sorry, it wasn't the new ones. They're new to me though.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • The GeneralThe General Advanced Members Posts: 1,702 ✭✭
    G-Bone wrote:

crispy830 wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Yes, I believe he is.

this is sad.
    Update:

There’s a similar discussion about this topic in another thread.

As it turns out my data is dated. TM has removed a few versions from the list.

And yes Titleist does it also, but to a lesser extent.
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Advanced Members Posts: 4,936 ✭✭

Update:

Why do we care if there are special iterations for their staff players anyway? Try the ball. You either like it or you don't.

I like the '18 version of the TP5x. Best wind ball I've ever used and I've grown accustomed to the feel. I'm looking forward to trying the new model to see if/how it's been improved.
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
    edited February 4
    dpb5031 wrote:

Update:

Why do we care if there are special iterations for their staff players anyway? Try the ball. You either like it or you don't.

I like the '18 version of the TP5x. Best wind ball I've ever used and I've grown accustomed to the feel. I'm looking forward to trying the new model to see if/how it's been improved.

Well said!

As golf nuts here on WRX we care about a lot of silly golf things that don’t real matter... but in my opinion are a lot of fun! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • kiddockiddoc Advanced Members Posts: 606 ✭✭
    Our club has TP5 range balls...

No issues with wear at all.

Last year had TP5X range balls...same
    Someone's going to beat trying them ahead of the release date by a long way:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Dozen-2019-TaylorMade-TP5X-golf-balls-new-in-box/303051285375?hash=item468f43a37f:g:q-4AAOSwYTtcWO4o:rk:1:pf:0

I'm so jealous; and desperate to get my hands on the 2019 version here in the UK. The fact it's frozen outside and i've not been playing enough to justify them is neither here nor there.......
    Regards - 'Shuv'

TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball [font=arial, sans-serif][/font]NEW 2019 Version[font=arial, sans-serif][/font]

• spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoAdvanced Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    G-Bone wrote:

crispy830 wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Yes, I believe he is.

It doesn't look like the conforming list has the 2019 models up yet. I'm not seeing any of the ninja star options on there.
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*

Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64* (only sometimes)
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Advanced Members Posts: 2,168 ✭✭
    G-Bone wrote:

crispy830 wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Yes, I believe he is.

Srixon Z star line has more non-retail variations..
  • parmachineparmachine Members Posts: 16
    New ball is unbelievable
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Advanced Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭
    parmachine wrote:

New ball is unbelievable

Cool, now elaborate...

giphy.gif
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: He who shall not be named...[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Callaway ChromeSoft 2018 (Yellow)[/font]
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 25,009 ClubWRX
    Some info would be awesome... LOL

I plan to buy a box of ProV1s, X and each TP5 box. Last years version gave me my longest gains and best performance, even though I kept playing my AVX. The only thing keeping me from switching is yellow availability.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Advanced Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Have to imagine that this is a case of evolution over revolution but I will be interested in testing to find out.
    Less than a week to go to release date and info / tests / reports are scant. Like pretty much non-existent - apart from the expected TM insiders / staff.

In previous years i've always managed to get a sleeve of newly released TM balls early and before release date. This year apart from two auctions on ebay.com [For X's that don't interest me right now] - i've seen no real 'leaks' at all.

Seems TM have made a real concerted effort to keep things quiet perhaps. And to think of those warehouses somewhere; full to the brim of new stock.....

Roll on Friday !
    Regards - 'Shuv'

• ShakesterShakester Advanced Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Something I've noticed. I've been playing with the TP5 because the TP5X just felt really hard off the club face, especially while putting. Almost a clicky sound when I hit it. For Christmas, my brother got a few dozen TP5x from Amazon that he said was on sale. I noticed they were the 2017 model. They stayed in the boxes until a recent round. I was running low on my TP5's so I stuck a few sleeves of them in my bag to get me by until I go grab some more of the TP5's. I put an X in play and instantly noticed that it didn't feel that hard. I'm getting slightly better distance with the driver due to the lower spin rates and still getting what I need around the green. Wonder what they did to the ball in 2018.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,249 ✭✭

I use a check n go for my golf balls. 1 out of 4 TM balls are so out of round they hit the cover of the check n go. I have only had one ProV do this in 8 dozen....

I’ve been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I’ve marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn’t. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Curious why this comment was completely ignored ?

Believe it or not this isn’t a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
    Ping i500 pre-production proto 3 iron Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Danny ChooDanny Choo Advanced Members Posts: 136
    edited February 12
    Simple on course chemistry test to see if balls are really different from old TP5 & TP5X

1) on a slope green release balls at same time to test roll speed.

2) Drop balls from 6 ft high onto green on three occasions at the same time to see angle of response

3) Hit 2 balls each from 50 yards with a 60 degree wedge to check spin response from short distance.

4) Hit 3 balls each with 9 degree loft driver

to check ball flight and distance

5) Hit 2 balls each with 7 irons to check ball flight and distance.

A 0-6 handicapper should be able to carry out this test with ease. Unfortunately I am not that low a handicapper so I am out of the running
  • 1s1k1s1k Advanced Members Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Danny Choo wrote:

Simple on course chemistry test to see if balls are really different from old TP5 & TP5X

2) Drop balls from 6 ft high onto green on three occasions at the same time to see angle of response

3) Hit 2 balls each from 50 yards with a 60 degree wedge to check spin response from short distance.

A 0-6 handicapper should be able to carry out this test with ease. Unfortunately I am not that low a handicapper so I am out of the running

Choo choo. Go away way
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2-Iron HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5
    TaylorMade P730 3-PW Project X 6.5

Titleist SM7 WedgeWorks Raw
    46*/10F Project X 6.5 
    50*/08F, 54*/10S, & 60*/12D TI DG S400

Odyssey O-Works 34" Black JailBird Mini

Mizuno MP32's 2-PW 
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW 
  • mmack067mmack067 Advanced Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    Danny Choo wrote:

Ya not quite that simple...
    Ping G400 LST - Copperhead 70TX
    '16 M1 15˚- Rogue Silver 70X
    TaylorMade UDI 20˚- Recoil 110 F5
    TaylorMade RSI TP 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 60M - S400
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline

Twitter-icon.png  lDLcKyO.png?1  

• OldboyOldboy Advanced Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭

I’ve been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I’ve marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn’t. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Believe it or not this isn’t a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.

This is disturbing. 1 out of 4?!
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoAdvanced Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    Danny Choo wrote:

lolwut
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*

Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64* (only sometimes)
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego
  • Totalee74Totalee74 Members Posts: 64
    edited February 12
    Anyone chomping at the bit may want to check Academy sports, mine had the 2019 tp5s out today!
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,249 ✭✭
    Totalee74 wrote:

Anyone chomping at the bit may want to check Academy sports, mine had the 2019 tp5s out today!

good info

i checked my shop and they are waiting on the ups truck and expect balls and spider X today.... i guess TM waiting till the last second to ship to stop guys like me from getting them a few days early..lol come on TM $ is $....
    Oldboy wrote:

I've been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I've marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn't. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Believe it or not this isn't a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.

twice 4 per dozen for me ... 3rd dozen i checked had only 3 wobblers...to be fair it happens with all makes... but that rate is pretty high ... ( no i didnt by 3 boxes.. only 1)
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Advanced Members Posts: 4,936 ✭✭
    Got mine today...Edwin Watts on Northlake in Palm Beach Gardens. I head to Punta Espada in the DR next week, so happy to pick these up in time for my trip!
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
    edited February 12
    Soooooo jealous of you guys who’ve got them in-hand.

I pre-ordered some online here in the U.K. Was told they would be shipped Friday. I’ve had Tracking number - but it’s not live. Despite checking 20 times a day :-)
    Regards - 'Shuv'

• StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Advanced Members Posts: 1,098 ✭✭
    Danny Choo wrote:

Don’t tell me how to live my life
    Stanks wrote:

Danny Choo wrote:

Don’t tell me how to live my life

I was thinking this

• IHFNIHFN Advanced Members Posts: 1,785 ✭✭

Oldboy wrote:

I've been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I've marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn't. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Believe it or not this isn't a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.

twice 4 per dozen for me ... 3rd dozen i checked had only 3 wobblers...to be fair it happens with all makes... but that rate is pretty high ... ( no i didnt by 3 boxes.. only 1)

When I tried playing Chrome X about a year ago I was using the method Bryson does. Out of every dozen there were usually only 3 or 4 balls that were perfect round. The rest weren't. So 4 out of round isn't so bad. But Bridgestone was the best out of the ones I tested. TM and Titleist were about the same.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Advanced Members Posts: 3,435 ✭✭
    For those who tested both balls, off the driver, which is the lowest launch - TP5 or TP5X? Looking at both balls, 108 SS
    Callaway Epic GBB 9*, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, Grip Master "Masters" Kangaroo grip
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • IHFNIHFN Advanced Members Posts: 1,785 ✭✭
    SwingBlues wrote:

For those who tested both balls, off the driver, which is the lowest launch - TP5 or TP5X? Looking at both balls, 108 SS

TP5 is designed to be the lower launch ball between the two.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
    IHFN wrote:

Oldboy wrote:

When I tried playing Chrome X about a year ago I was using the method Bryson does. Out of every dozen there were usually only 3 or 4 balls that were perfect round. The rest weren't. So 4 out of round isn't so bad. But Bridgestone was the best out of the ones I tested. TM and Titleist were about the same.

Yea. Sounds right. Callaway did have many less than perfect ones. Just barely out.
    edited February 13
    IHFN wrote:

SwingBlues wrote:

TP5 is designed to be the lower launch ball between the two.

This is of course the well-advertised and standard response (And i'm in no way attacking you for that !!)

What i have never heard / read / seen is: if and how the two differ in terms of Apex height or indeed ‘flight path’ ie: Is the TP5 lower launch and then rises faster to the same Apex. Or is it low-launch AND lower total height per-se. As we all know with shafts - initial launch only being part of the story. ***Or do they perhaps wrongly describe overall flight as ‘launch’ ?

Low launch and low Apex / flight: would really be the icing on the cake for me.......playing on wind-infested Coastal courses much of the time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Regards - 'Shuv'