Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 grip - coming soon?!

Comments

• getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Ahhhhhh suke suke! I just put new +4s on my new irons. My regroup next year will be the velvets!
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    I wouldn't doubt that they will release something like that. The Tour Velvet Align at $9/grip is a money grab so why not put a little extra rubber in the bottom half of a TV and sell it for $10?
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    avg_joseph wrote:

pcs11 wrote:

bring back Tour Velvet Cord midsize. It's only the most popular grip in the history of the world. What are you waiting for? quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yes!! I've been whining about this forever. The Z Cord is a midsize option, but I'm too big of a pansy for those.

Z cord looks good but is really harsh on the hands. It's crazy because they make the BCT in midsize, but they are tour only. Sell them on the website, custom order only. People will buy them.

Do you understand volume and manufacturing? Its not just as easy as selling on the website.

Well, actually I do. They've made the BCT mids in the past, for the public - they make the make them for the tour van - so they have the casts for them - what's keeping them from making more and selling at a premium on their website, also bypassing any 3rd party retailer from trying to get their cut of each grip profit. They sell 15 different grips on their website, take one away and add a grip that people want and love. But thanks for the economics tip.
    edited Nov 28, 2018 #35

avg_joseph wrote:

pcs11 wrote:

bring back Tour Velvet Cord midsize. It's only the most popular grip in the history of the world. What are you waiting for? quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yes!! I've been whining about this forever. The Z Cord is a midsize option, but I'm too big of a pansy for those.

Z cord looks good but is really harsh on the hands. It's crazy because they make the BCT in midsize, but they are tour only. Sell them on the website, custom order only. People will buy them.

Do you understand volume and manufacturing? Its not just as easy as selling on the website.

Well, actually I do. They've made the BCT mids in the past, for the public - they make the make them for the tour van - so they have the casts for them - what's keeping them from making more and selling at a premium on their website, also bypassing any 3rd party retailer from trying to get their cut of each grip profit. They sell 15 different grips on their website, take one away and add a grip that people want and love. But thanks for the economics tip.

You don't really understand how Golf Pride works. They would have a tough time if they try to cut their vendors out because they have so few. It is really hard to get an account directly with GP. Last time I checked the minimum order was $10K per SKU so if you needed one Tour Velvet you had to order about 20 cases of them.

Lamkin is a lot more agile so it is easier for them to offer limited and tour only product through their website. I wish they would do it more but if you're looking for a BCT +4 you really should look at the Players Cord with the reduced taper or just do like the rest of us do and build up a BCT.
  • ace036ace036 Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    Bump. In addition to the Tour Velvet +4, what other new grips is Golf Pride launching in 2019?
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757X
    Ping G410 14.5° - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Titleist 917F2 21° - Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 75S
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F
  • pbr2121pbr2121 Members Posts: 439 ✭✭
    There were pics of z-cord with align a while back but i haven't seen anything since.
    PING Rapture V2 with BB
    PING Crossover - 3
    PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
    PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
    PING Chipo!
    PING Pal - Karsten
  • GrizpharmGrizpharm ClubWRX Posts: 419 ClubWRX
    I would dig a white tour velvet align. White grip, red line. Would look sick
    Callaway Rogue w/ Diamana DF 60TX<br />Cobra king Ltd 3 wood w/ tensei pro blue 70s<br />Cobra king utility black<br />Srixon z785 w/ Nippon modus 120s 4-p<br
  • shepardshepard Members Posts: 54
    Its heresy but I put midsize grips on all my clubs inspite of the fact that I have shorter fingers and wear a cadet glove. Guess what??? the grips now fit perfectly in my fingers as they should in the first place! Who wooda thunk and I've never heard anyone say to do this. Shows you the very conservative mind set of golf in general.
    shepard wrote:

Its heresy but I put midsize grips on all my clubs inspite of the fact that I have shorter fingers and wear a cadet glove. Guess what??? the grips now fit perfectly in my fingers as they should in the first place! Who wooda thunk and I've never heard anyone say to do this. Shows you the very conservative mind set of golf in general.

I wear a size XL glove and I like to stretch my grips to make them a bit thinner. Grip size is a lot more of personal feel preference than anything.
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,665 ✭✭
    The Align grips at $ 8.99 for Tour Velvet and MCC Align for $ 11.99 are something I will never buy as long as I can get the Tour Velvet .600 Ribbed for $ 4.99
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    Still not sure why they aren’t offering a cord and/or half cord 360 grip. I suppose they assume it’ll hamper sales on other models too severely.
    BiggErn wrote:

Still not sure why they aren’t offering a cord and/or half cord 360 grip. I suppose they assume it’ll hamper sales on other models too severely.

I think a half cord 360 grip might defeat the purpose.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,224 ClubWRX
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Yeah, I guess Big Ol' Ern really didn't think that one through.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Huh? Or maybe you two don’t know what you’re talking about. A NDMC is a half cord. A a 360 grip with cord on the butt end would be a half cord. Lol dur
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Huh? Or maybe you two don’t know what you’re talking about. A NDMC is a half cord. A a 360 grip with cord on the butt end would be a half cord. Lol dur

Ummm. Did you know they made a Tour Velvet half cord in the past? I'm guessing not but once you see if you'll understand. duhhhhhh
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,224 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #47
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

The purpose of a 360° grip is that you can orient any way you want if you have an adjustable hosel. If you make it a 1/2 cord, there is no reason to make it a 360°.
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #48
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

This is what Golf Pride has traditionally considered a half cord. Do you understand where we are coming from?
  • stevemacstevemac Members Posts: 537 ✭✭
    Socrates wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Still not sure why they aren't offering a cord and/or half cord 360 grip. I suppose they assume it'll hamper sales on other models too severely.

Huh? Or maybe you two don't know what you're talking about. A NDMC is a half cord. A a 360 grip with cord on the butt end would be a half cord. Lol dur

The purpose of a 360° grip is that you can orient any way you want if you have an adjustable hosel. If you make it a 1/2 cord, there is no reason to make it a 360°.

1/2 cord from end to end, top vs bottom not from the butt. Thanks Steve
    delmer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Ummm. Did you know they made a Tour Velvet half cord in the past? I'm guessing not but once you see if you'll understand. duhhhhhh

Maybe there are two types of half cord grips. Maybe you didn’t know that and couldn’t discern which would be a suitable 360 grip.

delmer wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

This is what Golf Pride has traditionally considered a half cord. Do you understand where we are coming from?

Maybe a 1970 half cord isn’t the same as a 2018 half cord.

Socrates wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

Socrates wrote:
    delmer wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

Still not sure why they aren&#146;t offering a cord and/or half cord 360 grip. I suppose they assume it&#146;ll hamper sales on other models too severely.

Huh? Or maybe you two don&#146;t know what you&#146;re talking about. A NDMC is a half cord. A a 360 grip with cord on the butt end would be a half cord. Lol dur

Sure there is.
    Can't argue with that logic.
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 380 ✭✭
    One of my buddies has a MCC +4 Align and I got a chance to swing it the other day. I really liked it, though I think +4 was a little too bulky for me. Something like a +2 or 3 would be awesome. Gonna try it on the next round of grips, as I use the TV Align.
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
  • lonscicleslonscicles Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I wish golf pride allowed customization of their grips. I wouldnt do plus 4, but would love the ability to change a few things to the manufactured quality of them.
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    lonscicles wrote:

I wish golf pride allowed customization of their grips. I wouldnt do plus 4, but would love the ability to change a few things to the manufactured quality of them.

lol wut
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • Any update on the Tour Velvet Plus 4 ? I am due for a change in the spring and would enjoy trying a change on my Woods from MCC +4.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM 2017 M2 D-Type 10.5" Matrix White Tie MFS X5 55S - MCC+4 Align
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM 2017 M2 3HL 16.5" Reax 55G- MCC+4 Align
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM 2017 M2 3 19" Rescue / Reax 65R - MCC+4 Align
    TM RBZ Stage 2, Rescue 4 21.5" Lofted to 23" - CP2 Pro-Mid-Size
    [/font]
    TM Speedblade HL 5-9 PW, CP2 Wrap[/font]

TM Milled Grind 50" 9 Bounce GW- CP2 Wrap
    TM Tour Preferred 56" 12 Bounce SW
    [/font]
    - CP2 Wrap
    TM Milled Grind 60" 9 Bounce LW- CP2 Wrap-Mid-Size
    Ping Karsten TR B60 with Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

Taylor made TP5
    lonscicles wrote:

I would call them up if I were you and let them know you have some ideas on how they should change their grips. Use the name Tony Stark.
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX Members Posts: 1,303 ✭✭

Any update on the Tour Velvet Plus 4 ? I am due for a change in the spring and would enjoy trying a change on my Woods from MCC +4.

I think they are up on the golfworks site. I just saw them this morning
    Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
    Socrates wrote:

lonscicles wrote:

I would call them up if I were you and let them know you have some ideas on how they should change their grips. Use the name Tony Stark.

Yeah, I'd like to tweak the compound a bit, take a look at all your tooling and let's crank up the heat of the
    Waterboy wrote:

Any update on the Tour Velvet Plus 4 ? I am due for a change in the spring and would enjoy trying a change on my Woods from MCC +4.

They are up. The only other new grip is a Contour putter grip.
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    delmer wrote:

Socrates wrote:

lonscicles wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to tweak the compound a bit, take a look at all your tooling and let's crank up the heat of the
    Waterboy wrote:

They are up. The only other new grip is a Contour putter grip.

Z Cord Align too.
  • JrikerJriker Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited Jan 12, 2019 1:43pm #60
    They’re on golfworks site.. anyone that can order wholesale won’t be able to order them till end of feb or first part of March.
    Jriker wrote:

They're on golfworks site.. anyone that can order wholesale won't be able to order them till end of feb or first part of March.

We can order them we just pay retail. I logged into my trade account and see they are available.