Bridgestone B-XS vs B-RXS

2»

Comments

• dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Red4282 said:

@dciccoritti said:

@Red4282 said:
    I honestly know little about bridgestone balls but the answer is pretty obvious- there are two lines of balls with two models in each. The “R” line is targeted for slower swingers, the rx being slightly firmer and spins more than the rxs. The “x” line is for faster players, the x being firmer and more spin than the xs.
    In order from softest compression to hardest- rxs, rx, xs, x.

Harder compressions will always have more ball speeds with a driver and spin more with a wedge. Misconception that soft spins more.
    So in this case i think the “s” in the names means “soft” in comparison to its counterpoint in that particular line.

Only the XS spins more than the X and the RXS spins more than the RX.

Where are you getting your info from?? According to this you are dead wrong..

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

TS2
    716 MB 5-PW
    MG 52 SB-09 | 56 LB-09 | 60 LB-09
    Select Newport 2
    ProV1x

• Red4282Red4282 Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭

@dciccoritti said:

@Red4282 said:

@dciccoritti said:

@Red4282 said:
    I honestly know little about bridgestone balls but the answer is pretty obvious- there are two lines of balls with two models in each. The “R” line is targeted for slower swingers, the rx being slightly firmer and spins more than the rxs. The “x” line is for faster players, the x being firmer and more spin than the xs.
    In order from softest compression to hardest- rxs, rx, xs, x.

Harder compressions will always have more ball speeds with a driver and spin more with a wedge. Misconception that soft spins more.
    So in this case i think the “s” in the names means “soft” in comparison to its counterpoint in that particular line.

Only the XS spins more than the X and the RXS spins more than the RX.

Where are you getting your info from?? According to this you are dead wrong..

Intersesting. All those were for the b330, wonder if they did a “flip” the the “x” lineup. Either way, the ones with the “s” were softer compression than its counterpart. Generally speaking this decreases spin, but not always the case. Conflicting reports to say the least!

• arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭

The XS spins more than the X off of the driver and longer irons. Green side spin, should be fairly equivalent between them. The RXS spins more off the driver than the RX, but iron and green side spin should be fairly close.

Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • bob_fishbob_fish ClubWRX Posts: 57 ✭✭

I don’t know about all of the names do the balls, but have played enough rounds to know that the B RX performs the best for me.

Titleist TS2 10.5* Fujikura Ventus
    Titleist TS2 15* Fujikura 661
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-gw Project X LZ
    Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58*
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

• playaplaya Members Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have been playing The XS exclusively for the last few months and it has plenty of spin off irons and chips, and has a slightly firm without being clicky feel. Really performs well around the greens for me as I grew up with balatas and then the super spinny balls of the early 2000s (Precept Tour Premium, Cally Rule 35/Hex Blue etc), and always play for a lot of spin and no roll out on short game shots, and the XS is as good as any recent ball I've used for my game.

• Mrgreen36Mrgreen36 Members Posts: 39 ✭✭

I like the RX. Bought a sleeve 3 full rounds and two league nights ago, still playing the same ball (one slight stain from a branch) still plays like new, hit more fairways, decent holding on greens, played my best golf so far after taking 9 years off.
    Was playing srixon z star x and chrome softs.
    Buy a dozen if they go on sale sometime.

• LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I much prefer the BX and don't like the RXS. I think this is the reason:

My well struck shots will spin enough and go the proper distance with each ball. However, my mishits will slice or hook more with the RXS. There is no benefit for me to play a spinnier ball. My two favorite balls right now are the BX and the TP5x. Both are balls that I found on the course and put in to play. Now, what to do with the dozens of balls I have at home in my stash that I don't like...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file