Callaway X2Hot 4(17*) Wood
MP-18 Fli-Hi 3/KBS 120 S
Srixon Z765 4-P/C-Taper 120 S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52,56,60
Rife Antigua/Flat Cat

"When I die I'm going out as an underdog who never lost hope" - Joyner Lucas

Comments

• MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this this morning...superb work young Rory!

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch! shots fired!

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER MATRIX RED TIE X
    COBRA F8 19* HYBRID HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S COBRA TRUSTY RUSTY 52* NIKE VR PRO 58*
    SCOTTY CAMERON CUSTOM STAMPED BLACK NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5 GOLF PRIDE MCC PLUS 4 MIDSIZE GREY
    TAYLORMADE 2019 FLEXTECH STAND BAG

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. PAMembers Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

For those with bad speakers, I think Rory said, "And we all know what money means to him."

Ouch, indeed.

• the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dirty low hanging fruit is the best kind

W/S Cortex 10.5* - Atmos Red - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S FG62 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Infinite Windy City
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oof! Slammed the outhouse door hard that time !

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What can Kuch even do to come back to that?!

Absolutely nothing!!

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MattyO1984 said:

Absolutely nothing!!

You'd think these guys would learn at some point. With modern social media communications you can lose control of the narrative of a story pretty quick. But he found himself in a hole and kept on digging. It was good of him to do what he did for his caddy eventually but by that point the story was out of his control. Gonna be part of his legacy now whether he likes it or not.

W/S Cortex 10.5* - Atmos Red - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S FG62 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Infinite Windy City
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 7, 2019 1:47pm #10

I think Kuch is a decent guy. I think he made a few public relations blunders that have switched the narrative on him. Mainly because people are real quick to judge and we have become a society that the court of public opinion gives the death sentence first, facts be dam'ed.

but, that should get the shot of the year award for the PGA.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • 41NAS41NAS Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Kuch has been laying the wood to these guys for so long that people are relishing the opportunity to give it back to him. All in good fun.

• padgetpadget Members Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:
    I think Kuch is a decent guy. I think he made a few public relations blunders that have switched the narrative on him. Mainly because people are real quick to judge and we have become a society that the court of public opinion gives the death sentence first, facts be dam'ed.

Well, the facts reported on that blunder turned out to be pretty true. In fact, it looked even worse when they did come out and he tried to explain his decision to tip 0.000000315 % or whatever it was. Hard to defend his stance on that decision and he poured gasoline on the fire with his initial responses.

With that said, I am not a big Kuch fan, but I think he is probably a decent guy as well. We all make mistakes, just most of ours aren’t available for the public to see.

@padget said:

@QuigleyDU said:

Well, the facts reported on that blunder turned out to be pretty true. In fact, it looked even worse when they did come out and he tried to explain his decision to tip 0.000000315 % or whatever it was. Hard to defend his stance on that decision and he poured gasoline on the fire with his initial responses.

With that said, I am not a big Kuch fan, but I think he is probably a decent guy as well. We all make mistakes, just most of ours aren’t available for the public to see.

I do not disagree it was a bad look. My only thought on Kuch's side is that as he had said, is that this was not his regular caddie and there was a pre-agreed deal to loop for the event. If he had not won we would have never heard anything it. But he did, and the caddie felt he was entitled to more than what was previously agreed upon. Those are the facts. At least that I am aware of.

Now, if it was me, this would have not happened as I would have done the right thing and paid him more. Kuch felt that he was not obligated to do so. I agree with him. He just came off cold, insensitive, and elitist in his approach. Then made himself look worse with the conceded/not conceded putt with Sergio.

All that being said, as a very wealthy man in today's entitled world he was never going to win the political battle and should have just conceded right away if public opinion is/was important to him.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What we just witnessed was a grown man being buried by a wee little lad. lol

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 7, 2019 2:48pm #15

@QuigleyDU said:

It feels like people have this need to be either all in or all out on every public figure these days. Very little grey area or indifference. Start a thread with any player’s name, ask what people think of him, and you’ll get competing pro-am stories within the first two pages.

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • d1boundd1bound Members Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

@Krt22 said:

Actually what we just witnessed was a grown man being buried by an absolute unit of a man, a man carved outta rock by the gods themselves, capable of beating jonesscott, and who would've been the greatest defensive end to ever live if he had not chosen to play golf. 😁

G400 LST 8.5*/Accra Tour Z RPG 472 M5+
    Callaway X2Hot 4(17*) Wood
    MP-18 Fli-Hi 3/KBS 120 S
    Srixon Z765 4-P/C-Taper 120 S
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52,56,60
    Rife Antigua/Flat Cat

"When I die I'm going out as an underdog who never lost hope" - Joyner Lucas

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@QuigleyDU said:

It feels like people have this need to be either all in or all out on every public figure these days. Very little grey area or indifference. Start a thread with any player’s name, ask what people think of him, and you’ll get competing pro-am stories within the first two pages.

true, and for all I know Matt Kucher could be a total jerk. I just do not know him and base it off what I see. Anyone that says "oh ****' after hitting a bad shot instead of all the other more profane options is probably a decent human being. haha.

• LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MattyO1984 said:

Absolutely nothing!!

Maybe ask the referee for a second opinion haha

Callaway XR 10.5°
    Adams Tight Lies 2 5W 19°
    Callaway 3h 20°
    Mizuno MP60 4,6,8,W
    Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 53°, 56° 
    Cobra King Black 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach  #6 
  • ShutSteepStuckShutSteepStuck Grinding like Briny Baird The ValleyMembers Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Roadking2003 said:

@freeze16172002 said:
    Kuch is a J-off

Quite the opposite. Notice that he is able to laugh with the other guys even though it was a big-time put-down.

IF he doesn’t laugh he gets owned even more.
    Kuch is one of the biggest ball busters out there on Tour. Glad to see him take one on he chin, esp. one that absolutely hit home.

g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
    m2 tour 15.8* - ad gp-8x
    m2 tour 19.8* - diamana s 83x
    4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
    mp-t10 56.10 - s300
    tvd 60m - ti s400
    piretti potenza ii 365g 34"
  • pcs11pcs11 Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I love this. Some good healthy roasting never hurt anyone.
    My favorite roast:

BOOM! ROASTED! pic.twitter.com/pkzExPvsnn

— The Office Posts (@office_posts) September 1, 2016
    Cobra F8+ 10.5° - Fubuki K 60
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Diamana B 70
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Matrix Altus
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - Nippon Modus 105
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
  • padgetpadget Members Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Langlands said:

@MattyO1984 said:

Absolutely nothing!!

Maybe ask the referee for a second opinion haha

Lol! Or a 3rd or 4th!

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Roadking2003 said:

@freeze16172002 said:
    Kuch is a J-off

Quite the opposite. Notice that he is able to laugh with the other guys even though it was a big-time put-down.

Yeah, but inside he like

Ha! Kidding. I think Kuch can take it as good as he gives it. Some people are proud to be cheap. I have an inlaw that will show up for dinner with an open bottle of wine.

• Texas1Texas1 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

@MattyO1984 said:

Absolutely nothing!!

How’s the final rounds coming along 🤷‍♂️

Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You know behind closed doors Kuchar is pissed. That incident was a real blow to his image. I'm sure he isn't happy when it gets brought up. Too bad Kuch.

@straightshot7 said:
    You know behind closed doors Kuchar is pissed. That incident was a real blow to his image. I'm sure he isn't happy when it gets brought up. Too bad Kuch.

small violin playing

Watching it, it appears that it took a min for Kuch to get what Rory was talking about. A small laugh, then then the light bulb went of and he laughed a little more.

He was too busy calculating how much of the extra 300k he would have lost to his caddy/taxes if he had scored 3 more points

• PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

Nah, you just got to see the real Kuchar.

R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • Always_roughAlways_rough Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@padget said:

@QuigleyDU said:

I do not disagree it was a bad look. My only thought on Kuch's side is that as he had said, is that this was not his regular caddie and there was a pre-agreed deal to loop for the event. If he had not won we would have never heard anything it. But he did, and the caddie felt he was entitled to more than what was previously agreed upon. Those are the facts. At least that I am aware of.

Now, if it was me, this would have not happened as I would have done the right thing and paid him more. Kuch felt that he was not obligated to do so. I agree with him. He just came off cold, insensitive, and elitist in his approach. Then made himself look worse with the conceded/not conceded putt with Sergio.

All that being said, as a very wealthy man in today's entitled world he was never going to win the political battle and should have just conceded right away if public opinion is/was important to him.

Well good thing those wealthy men out there have you, here on golfwrx, protecting their name. I bet they all sleep easier tonight knowing what a guardian you are.

But that's the McIlroy I want to see, almost spit my coffee out when he said it.

Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01

@Always_rough said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@padget said:

@QuigleyDU said:

Well good thing those wealthy men out there have you, here on golfwrx, protecting their name. I bet they all sleep easier tonight knowing what a guardian you are.

But that's the McIlroy I want to see, almost spit my coffee out when he said it.

BKs face was priceless. You could tell he was considering going to find a body bag

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Krt22 said:

In the video Rory does look like a wee lad. I’d even say borderline Hobbitish.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file