How much do you pay for golf lessons?

2»

Comments

• wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dlow206 said:
    I ended up doing the Golftec swing analysis today. It was very informative and I liked the detailed analysis of my swing by the instructor, which is recorded so I can review it.

Some of us are more a visual learner than the others whom are better learning thingsthrough doing it ( tactile ).
    Hope you'll improve on your golf game, soon . Shouldn't be too difficult since you have the speed. Just put the muscle where it's needed with good timing.

• torrejuantorrejuan Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

$175/hr unless you get a package. I became sick of closer and cheaper pros not being able to match my schedule.

Driver: Srixon Z-745 10.5° Aldila Tour Green -stiff
    3wd: Srixon F65 Aldila Rogue Silver -stiff
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro KBS Tour-V -stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50° 54° 58° KBS Tour-V
    Putter: Ping iWi Anser 34"
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
  • dlow206dlow206 Members Posts: 37 ✭✭

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:
    I ended up doing the Golftec swing analysis today. It was very informative and I liked the detailed analysis of my swing by the instructor, which is recorded so I can review it.

Some of us are more a visual learner than the others whom are better learning thingsthrough doing it ( tactile ).
    Hope you'll improve on your golf game, soon . Shouldn't be too difficult since you have the speed. Just put the muscle where it's needed with good timing.

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

Thanks. I learned from the golftec analysis that i am swinging too over the top (knee that part), but making a unconscious big correction right before contact. That has allowed me to hit my irons decently but then magnifies itself significantly with my driver swing, where i am unable to make the last moment correction.

• wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

Thanks. I learned from the golftec analysis that i am swinging too over the top (knee that part), but making a unconscious big correction right before contact. That has allowed me to hit my irons decently but then magnifies itself significantly with my driver swing, where i am unable to make the last moment correction.

Great. Driver is decent now ? Enjoy the weather we have now, this Winter will be iffy .

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

Great. Driver is decent now ? Enjoy the weather we have now, this Winter will be iffy .

I actually haven't tried hitting a driver yet, either during or after the lesson. Working on improving my swing with short irons first. I have the same swing issue with my irons, just that the result is not as magnified as with the driver.

• OldFrog75OldFrog75 Fort Worth, TexasMembers Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I haven't taken lessons but I've seen rates quoted at $60-100 for 1/2 hour with some discount for full hour and multi lesson packages.

• DevilDogDevilDog Members Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pay 150 an hour for my son but he goes about once every other month. Anything over that and it's just repeating the same thing because no time has really been spent to make the adjustments. That being said, my son has learned more from watching Monte's videos, Drive For Dough, etc, than anything else.

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

I actually haven't tried hitting a driver yet, either during or after the lesson. Working on improving my swing with short irons first. I have the same swing issue with my irons, just that the result is not as magnified as with the driver.

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@dlow206 said:

After my golftec lesson, my driver swing continued to be terrible, wasn't able to break my old habits. However, what has really helped me out since is the Orange Whip. I knew I was swinging too over the top and cutting across the ball with my driver, but the Orange Whip made me really feel that in an exaggerated way. I was then able to use the Orange Whip to feel how I wanted my swing to be, and now I am hitting my driver better.

• Shades234Shades234 San DiegoMembers Posts: 320 ✭✭✭✭

I buy them in sets of 5 for $600 from a pro at my club in San Diego.

• johnrobisonjohnrobison In endless pursuit of P6 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my best lessons cost me a $14 patty melt.
    I know a guy who still charges $50/hr and knows TONS about the swing. I also know a guy who charges $200 and just parrots whatever's trending. I don't think that price is a good gauge for expertise.

• wrm2120wrm2120 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭

@GoGoErky said:
    $90+ depending on instructor and location. Most I’ve been to in DC area are $110-150/hr

If you don't mind me asking, where do you go in the DC area?

Driver: Callaway XR 16
    3 Wood: Taylormade Aeroburner HL
    Irons: Ping S-55 (3-PW)
    Wedges: Ping Glide (54 & 58)
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Ball: Callaway Chromesoft TrueVis
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In central NJ area - $100 for a guy who taught out of a public driving range with mats. No video really of any kind, just taught some basic stuff. Did a playing lesson with him once... $250 and he was cool, played the whole course with me. Not even sure if he was PGA pro or not, but he got me playing golf and learning basics.

Other guy I go to now, who does some more advanced stuff, lots of video capture, etc at a private course with ProV1's and real grass is $175/hr.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers Posts: 15,839 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 22, 2019 8:15pm #44

I only took one set of lessons back over twenty-five years when learning the game so can't say what amounts are reasonable today. What I will say though the cost of lessons varies depending on the "actual" skill level of the instructor and the surrounding area. Some instructors negotiate. Just because an instructor thinks he/she is worth a certain amount over others in the area, doesn't necessarily mean he/she is.

• Titleist TS2 9.5, PX HZRDUS Red 65 "6.0"
    • Titleist 917D2 15*, Diamana Blueboard 83 x5ct "S"
    • Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • Titleist 716CB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • SM6 F-52*, Steelfiber i110cw "S"
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wrm2120 said:

@GoGoErky said:
    $90+ depending on instructor and location. Most I’ve been to in DC area are $110-150/hr

If you don't mind me asking, where do you go in the DC area?

I used to go to Mark Russo at nighthawk for awhile, took some lessons from Damon Lucas who splits time between lake presidential and turf valley. Did 4 lessons with Jim Estes. The last 2 I’ve used are Cathy Kim at 1757 and Trillium Rose at Woodmont

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

$50.00 a lesson online with one of the best instructors in the country! I'm convinced it's the best deal in golf.

@pinhigh27 said:
    50 per online lesson for one of the best in world.

Sure beats more than that for lesson with avg hack pro who tells you that you got too quick

Hmm, I'm guessing you and I share instructors. ;-)

@chigolfer1 said:
    $50.00 a lesson online with one of the best instructors in the country! I'm convinced it's the best deal in golf.

Which instructor is this?

@dlow206 said:

@chigolfer1 said:

Which instructor is this?

I hesitate to say since it will just slow my lessons down. ;-) But Dan deserves the business: Dan Carraher

• Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

I'm paying $1200 for a set of 10 lessons (must use them all within a year) with a Golf Digest top 25 instructor. I'm 4 lessons in and, so far, it's been money well spent.

• Asics10Asics10 Members Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guy is $100 per hour. Money well spent as I dedicated this year to fix a few things that I've been putting off fixing for too long. Often times I know the issue and he confirms it, then we discuss the fix. Hitting it the best I ever have.......... downside is I didn't buy a new driver this year.

• BrennanfBrennanf Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

About a 100 an hour seems to be going rate

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file