What putter did you just buy ?

Comments

• Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members Posts: 842 ✭✭
    Sanzabar wrote:

Always had my eye on this one. Finally pulled the trigger.

46_E13_B10_AD1_B_4_B18_AC73_93736322_A28_D.jpg

Great pickup...that's a beautiful blade.
  • PracticeAprlPracticeAprl Members Posts: 65
    Nothing fancy goes with my Ardmore 2

• FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,019 ✭✭
    Obee wrote:

Obee wrote:

Can't wait for this to arrive!! 36.5 inches. 79.9* lie angle!

https://www.facebook.com/165542887698/posts/10157542764447699/

That is as upright as you can get...can I ask why? Nice looking putter, for sure.

Long story, but suffice to say my putting has improved sooooo much since I did the following:

1) Use the line on virtually ALL putts

2) CLOSED my stance (think Briny Baird)

3) went to my hand being VERY high

I've got a Kevin Burns on the way also very excited to get it in hand.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 330 ✭✭
    edited Oct 8, 2018 #5675
    I've tried a new record number of putters this year, but the biggest change has been a small modification to my existing putter. Honestly, the change has been incredible.

I've been playing 33" putters for the last few years after deciding that shorter was better. In fact, I gripped down on the 33" putter so that I was essentially playing a 32" putter. However, after maybe 10 minutes of practicing, my back starts to tell me it's had enough. It doesn't hurt necessarily, it just gets annoyed with me. Anyways, I decided to go UP an inch to a 34" putter and adopted a more upright putting stance. I had my 33" Cleveland Huntington Beach 6c extended to 34" and threw on a SuperStroke Pistol GTR 1.0 (I previously had the oversized Cleveland grip). I spent the weekend endlessly putting in my kitchen and at my course's practice green and I'm giddy with delight. Not only is the more upright stance WAY better on my back, but I feel like my arms are nice and relaxed and my eyes still right over the ball. I can't stop hitting the center of the cup. As an added bonus, the slightly heavier grip has the swingweight of the putter in a better place for me. I think this is the perfect putter for me. The left-eye dominant center-shaft experiment is a glorious success... for now.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Tyne h. Will be my first toe hang putter since I sold my scotty Newport beach.

If it doesn't help then I'm going to buy an old bullseye and throw everything else in the garbage...
  • Bar_StrollBar_Stroll Members Posts: 214 ✭✭
    Bought a Bobby Grace Night and Day this morning. Haven't even got it but this is his stock photo. Definitely haven't been this excited about a club.
    Taylormade M4 9.5* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 995 65X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3+ - Fujikura Atmos TS Red 8X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Hybrid - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
    Callaway MD4 50.10S C-Taper 130X
    Callaway MD4, 54.10S and 58.08C - KBS 610
    Bobby Grace "Night and Day"
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,352 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #5679
    Odyssey Works V-Line.

shopping.png
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • stoneydukesstoneydukes ClubWRX Posts: 313 ClubWRX
    going back to Ping Ketsch after trying a platinum spider and a tour red spider. We will see what shakes out.
    TaylorMade M5 Tour AD TP6S or HZRDUS Smoke 70S
    Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura Pro 65S
    Cobra F7 3H Fujikura Pro 75S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW Modus 120S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60
    EvnRoll ER2
  • jwellefson1jwellefson1 Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Just bought a 2-Ball White Hot RX. A couple years ago I played with a friend who had one and we switched Putters on the 18th just for fun and I started sinking everything. It was probably dumb luck but I really like it and I'm glad I finally bought it.
    Haikus are funny
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator
  • OleVirginiaOleVirginia Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    2018 Tour Newport with a top line. Pure gamer with resale value!

TBM
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,646 ✭✭
    SeeMore mFPG Nashville Studio Series. I will be putting on a Iomic midsize I-Classic grip, soon.

Specs are:

35"

3* loft

71* lie angle

RH
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Original Cameron Teryllium at 35 inches / 3 degrees of loft / 70 lie angle. Head is in great shape. In the process of determining if I’ll send it to the shop for a full refurb or game it as-is.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    dicks has 25% off one time. Got EVNROLL ER2 . **** it. I have too many putters.
  • gee2626gee2626 Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Got a great deal on a Ping Milled Anser 5. I'm really liking the face balance blade for my stroke. Solid feel and roll.
    My WITB
    Taylormade 2016 M1 9.5º
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16º
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19º, 22º, 25º
    Srixon Z545 (6 to PW)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50º, 54º
    Taylormade Hi Toe 58º
    Taylormade Tour Black Spider
    Titleist ProV1
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #5687
    Got my first Rife today. As much as I love Guerin Rife I've never sunk less putts with a club. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> On the positive it finally helped me realize why we tend to underhit heavy clubs and overhit light clubs. The putter head is oversized but very light, and it feels like the grooves leave almost no face contact at impact so you have to energize the stroke to get it to the cup and there just ends up being no control left there somehow. Even when I hit what I think is finally a perfect shot it just trickles foul. I hit a few dozen balls with it and didn't sink a single one, that's never happened before in my entire life. And I was trying really hard too. It's uncanny, like a prank club or something. That said I still think Guerin is the man and would like to try an EVNROLL putter. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Opinder wrote:

Got my first Rife today. As much as I love Guerin Rife I've never sunk less putts with a club. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> On the positive it finally helped me realize why we tend to underhit heavy clubs and overhit light clubs. The putter head is oversized but very light, and it feels like the grooves leave almost no face contact at impact so you have to energize the stroke to get it to the cup and there just ends up being no control left there somehow. Even when I hit what I think is finally a perfect shot it just trickles foul. I hit a few dozen balls with it and didn't sink a single one, that's never happened before in my entire life. And I was trying really hard too. It's uncanny, like a prank club or something. That said I still think Guerin is the man and would like to try an EVNROLL putter. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm glad you found it putter is a right for shaft center on the head. You doesn't have feel confident putter... I think some different a grip putter. Oversized, Midsize and Standard. Most Tour Players prefer standard a grip putter than oversized.

More information

http://www.golfwrx.c...inished-myself/

Definitely one of the confusing things is why Rife uses OS grips on toe balance clubs however this one is barely toe balanced so I can understand why. I like the design but it's an incredibly difficult club to sink putts with so put it up for resale earlier. I'd like to try his EVNROLL I believe he had a revelation about losing too much face surface to slots and then backtracked. I feel like this club represents his middle point in that evolution.

Putters need weight. A pure stroke requires that natural club gravity to initiate its path, then we sort of join that natural motion. At no time should the human be "powering" the putter. My two cents, highly subjective, and never meant to contradict others.
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,938 ✭✭
    Think I’m about to pull the trigger on a Ping Ketsch with black shaft. Hit it at the local course and couldn’t miss. Finally found the arrow!!!
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
    Opinder wrote:

My putter 35" length shaft for my life. Period.

That's interesting. According to "the experts" you'd have to be like 7 feet tall for a 35" shaft but there's probably a counter-balance effect going on there. I can hit any length putter, I grip where I grip, doesn't matter the club. Where my hands hang naturally is where I grab all putters, regardless of shaft length — but, depending on the club, you might lose that pendulum effect once you start to choke down. Depends on the balance, some clubs counter-balance in the grip, some in the shaft, some in the head, the only universal truth is the feel. Just like guitars you can't tell by looking, you have to play them for a bit.

I have not given up on Rife. I love Guerin's stuff. But this individual club is definitely too traitorous to keep. I fear it will corrupt the others.
  • RustynutsRustynuts Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    All the best experts I've read do not seem to agree with that chart but YMMV. Here's Mangum's math for example: http://puttingzone.com/MyTips/lengthlie.html

My current position is agreement there, but that's subject to change as I educate myself more.
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #5693
    Arms 90 angle

No definitely not. But hey if it works for you, then rock and roll. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I can sum up the read for you. Stand naturally, bend comfortably, address the ball. We need to make a triangle between the ball, the center of your palm, and a point directly above the ball at the same height as the center of your palm. From this triangle you can calculate a lie and length that should create conditions for quality putting.

Again, it really matters to feel where on a club you are holding it vis-a-vis how the maker balanced that club, i.e. choking down on a tip weighted shaft has less effect on counter balance obviously than one without weights in the tip, etc. If you are happy then don't change. No need. But if you hope to reach a different level of excellence then it's always worth examining the foundation and optimizing bits and pieces where we can. Cheers. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Tiger Woods! Brad Faxon!! Who??third pic?? Ian Poulter!!!
    Opinder wrote:

Tiger Woods! Brad Faxon!! Who??third pic?? Ian Poulter!!!

No idea, just a google image.
  • titleistmadtitleistmad Rockingmizunos Members Posts: 71 ✭✭

Luke Donald

Aaah cool, I've studied his putting a tiny bit actually. Super stable lower body, great base, zero hip movement on the way back. Blade under throat, leans his shaft a bit at address but pretty straight at impact, tiniest bit of eye/head follow — very nice pure stroke. Excellent putter, lots of great takeaway from his technique we can all do well to try and learn from. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • bazinozbazinoz Members Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Back on topic.

Yamada Musashi. Got it a couple of days ago.

Given it a bit of a clean and tried a first paint-fill.

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,250 ✭✭

Luke Donald

Aaah cool, I've studied his putting a tiny bit actually. Super stable lower body, great base, zero hip movement on the way back. Blade under throat, leans his shaft a bit at address but pretty straight at impact, tiniest bit of eye/head follow — very nice pure stroke. Excellent putter, lots of great takeaway from his technique we can all do well to try and learn from. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

There is no "right way" to putt. Aronold and Jack proved that years ago. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #5700
    lawsonman wrote:

There is no "right way" to putt. Aronold and Jack proved that years ago. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Who said there was? Certainly not me sir.

I spent a bunch of hours this week working Jack's piston stroke actually. It's awesome and very worthwhile to learn from. On some level it makes pure sense and the "push" works very well. I plan to develop it more. Was also studying Arnold's stroke today, and how he used the knock knees to create a more stable "unmoving" base. (Like Luke Donald)

That all said, I believe there are universal fundamentals and I believe all golfers benefit from learning them. I'm not aware for example of any top putters who didn't keep their head fairly still so I think we can agree "keep your head mostly still during a putting stroke" is a good starting point for all golfers to develop a personal stroke from. YMMV. Stable base, that's another one, I've never seen a top putter with lots of movement in their base. There's also intangible stuff, i.e. all great putters had a belief they could make the shot, etc. These are universal to 99.9% of the greats so they are good starting points for us in learning mastery. If you want to master something you need to narrow it down eventually. You have to draw a line some place because life is too short to give equal time to every possibility, see below. Putting is personal yes, but there are also a handful of traits that all the greats share and while you maybe reluctant to refer to them as "right" they certainly are not wrong, and it definitely doesn't serve us better as golfers to give them less priority. But that's not for this thread, and as always YMMV my friend. It's just my view and never meant to contradict your view. To each their own. Cheers. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HP12HP12 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Just ordered Toulon Atlanta, black shaft with a top line. Anxious for it to get here