Tourstriker Planemate

The genius here is getting folks to spend $162 wHen they could spend 80c and get a driveway marker from the hardware store ,stick into the grip of a club and do pretty much the same thing. For those waiting they might want to give it a try. Certainly won’t get the arm feedback and won’t recommend doing one arm swings but it will get you to keep the clubhead outside the hands, have better sidebend in takeaway, good wrist set and vertical arm swing, shallowing move and feedback if you flip( whacked in the side which is why it is best to go slow). Certainly can go through most of the protocols.

• Like 1

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @Nickc said:

> > @MonteScheinblum said:

> >

>

> It maybe just the video angle & / or I am viewing it but Monte appears not to slacken the chord at the point of transition as recommended in the protocols as a way to shallow the swing. To my untrained eye the chord appears taught throughout.

> (the slight sort of looping action recommended in the protocol was something that put me off)

Exaggeration in the drills vs hitting a ball. You can see a slight bend in the right wrist in transition

> @glk said:

> The genius here is getting folks to spend $162 wHen they could spend 80c and get a driveway marker from the hardware store ,stick into the grip of a club and do pretty much the same thing. For those waiting they might want to give it a try. Certainly won’t get the arm feedback and won’t recommend doing one arm swings but it will get you to keep the clubhead outside the hands, have better sidebend in takeaway, good wrist set and vertical arm swing, shallowing move and feedback if you flip( whacked in the side which is why it is best to go slow). Certainly can go through most of the protocols.

While I agree in theory, having tried both, the PM is just more effective. The forceful feedback on the shaft is what really sets it apart. It's like trying to do slow motion moves in the mirror vs being on the lesson tee and having an instructor move the club/shaft where it needs to be. Both are effective, but there is also a large difference in iteration time to start seeing results.

• Like 2

> @uscheese said:

> I hadn't played much golf this summer...busy with work and kids and hadn't spent much time on golfwrx either. **** this thread!!! Now I'm totally psyched about retooling this winter and using this indoors until spring but it has me very excited for next season and I can't wait until January!!!! The funniest part of this thread is the home made devices...$160 is really not a big price to pay if this thing can stop me from sucking the club back inside on my takeaway and ripping the handle down before my steep transition which I've been doing forever.

I can tell you that’s EXACTLY what it will help with. Inside takeaway gonna be gone in a shocking quick manner.

• Like 1

A swing from earlier in the year:

Last week:

The change in width the planemate has made to my takeaway and backswing has really pleased me. Something i have struggled with for a long time and tried lots of things to help fix. A month or so of little use and no balls and the planemate has really helped change it.

If anything i get too shallow and the face to open as the club drops behind. So i almost need to feel i keep the tension on the band in transition. Rotation is getting better. Ball flight consistency has massively improved, can shape the ball both ways again and no more hooks off the tee which i've fought for months.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

swing looks great and the improvement to me really looks like your striking and getting through the ball , glad to know its paying off , ive found rotation the biggest thing for me

D- Ping G410 SFT - Oban Iwasa 04 

3Wd - Ping G425 SFT - Ping Tour Stiff 

4# Srixon ZX5 Tour AD DI 95 Stiff

5+6# Srixon ZX5 - MMT 105 S

7-PW# Srixon ZX7 - MMT 105 S

50 - Vokey SM8

56 - TM MG3 Tiger Spec

P- Betti Queen B #12

> @smithy23 said:

> swing looks great and the improvement to me really looks like your striking and getting through the ball , glad to know its paying off , ive found rotation the biggest thing for me

>

thanks.

I have to say i have since hit 1 ball with the PM and i realise how much more i need to do to rotate better, whilst i feel like i've made some great improvements i think i need to hit balls with it to really make strides with rotation

> @" Dave D" said:

> > @smithy23 said:

> > swing looks great and the improvement to me really looks like your striking and getting through the ball , glad to know its paying off , ive found rotation the biggest thing for me

> >

>

> thanks.

>

> I have to say i have since hit 1 ball with the PM and i realise how much more i need to do to rotate better, whilst i feel like i've made some great improvements i think i need to hit balls with it to really make strides with rotation

You had a pretty darn good swing anyway but I'm glad it's helping you improve. I'm personally more interested in trainwrecks like myself and how this can help :)

• Like 1

> @Cwing said:

> > @uscheese said:

> > I hadn't played much golf this summer...busy with work and kids and hadn't spent much time on golfwrx either. **** this thread!!! Now I'm totally psyched about retooling this winter and using this indoors until spring but it has me very excited for next season and I can't wait until January!!!! The funniest part of this thread is the home made devices...$160 is really not a big price to pay if this thing can stop me from sucking the club back inside on my takeaway and ripping the handle down before my steep transition which I've been doing forever.

>

> For many, it’s not about the cost. It’s about the wait.

>

Understood...where it's about to be winter here and I played lousy this year anyway I can wait. Taking another two months off and reading up on this thing and getting ready are going to be good for me.

> @uscheese said:

> > @Cwing said:

> > > @uscheese said:

> > > I hadn't played much golf this summer...busy with work and kids and hadn't spent much time on golfwrx either. **** this thread!!! Now I'm totally psyched about retooling this winter and using this indoors until spring but it has me very excited for next season and I can't wait until January!!!! The funniest part of this thread is the home made devices...$160 is really not a big price to pay if this thing can stop me from sucking the club back inside on my takeaway and ripping the handle down before my steep transition which I've been doing forever.

> >

> > For many, it’s not about the cost. It’s about the wait.

> >

>

> Understood...where it's about to be winter here and I played lousy this year anyway I can wait. Taking another two months off and reading up on this thing and getting ready are going to be good for me.

If you are going to take some time off to retool/rebuild, I would also recommend Monte's efficient swing video series. If the video series is a map to the modern pivot driven swing, the planemate is like a turn by turn gps device to get you there quickly.

• Like 1

> @arjanpetersen80 said:

> Did already someone tried to build a planemate yourselves? I think with some yoga resistance straps. You can buy them on Aliexpress. With these you have something to get it going. Tie it to end of the club and tie it to your waist. Will try tomorrow.in meanwhile I have ordered the real deal!

I had pretty good luck tying a resistance strap to an old pitching wedge (very tight does not slip), the other end to a carabiner then clip to front right belt loop (right handed). Just a couple pounds of resistance at address. Good through day 7 protocol but full swing is a little funky. I hit whiffle balls of a mat in the living room.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

I feel like a flat earther who has just been woken up to the world being round!

Nothing more than the 7 day protocol and I can just fire from the top of my backswing. Early extension, flipping, inside takeaway and the 2 way miss is pretty much gone already.

Only thing I’m struggling with is getting enough compression on shorter irons and wedges but that’s an old fault from me that should rectify as part of this process.

The pro I’ve seen for years is out of a job for long game/full swing now!

• Like 2

> @DaveMc82 said:

> I feel like a flat earther who has just been woken up to the world being round!

>

> Nothing more than the 7 day protocol and I can just fire from the top of my backswing. Early extension, flipping, inside takeaway and the 2 way miss is pretty much gone already.

>

> Only thing I’m struggling with is getting enough compression on shorter irons and wedges but that’s an old fault from me that should rectify as part of this process.

>

> The pro I’ve seen for years is out of a job for long game/full swing now!

These are the posts that suck me in...these and before and after videos :) can't wait until January!

• Like 1

> @Jonlewis031 said:

> sbpgz7xp2c9m.jpeg

> 3h5izvm1vpso.jpeg

>

> This is planemate SOP. Just over a month of use, mainly without a golfball in the house- inside takeaway so very very gone, and the exit starting to look so much better. :)

great changes

• Like 1

> @uscheese said:

> > @DaveMc82 said:

> > I feel like a flat earther who has just been woken up to the world being round!

> >

> > Nothing more than the 7 day protocol and I can just fire from the top of my backswing. Early extension, flipping, inside takeaway and the 2 way miss is pretty much gone already.

> >

> > Only thing I’m struggling with is getting enough compression on shorter irons and wedges but that’s an old fault from me that should rectify as part of this process.

> >

> > The pro I’ve seen for years is out of a job for long game/full swing now!

>

> These are the posts that suck me in...these and before and after videos :) can't wait until January!

I honestly think that’s it the only training aid I’ve used that really works. I’m the biggest cynic but this truly has done wonders.

The single swing though of keeping the attachment on the trail side of the shaft throughout that it ingrains is enough to fix my accuracy issues alone.

Having the confidence it gives you unleash on driver down a super tight long par 4 is worth the purchase price alone. My home track I’m now hitting driver 9 times per round vs 3 times purely down to eliminating the 2 way miss. I now have straight or a slight draw vs anywhere between a big push and a vicious hook.

• Like 2

I was on the range this afternoon watching a guy and his 12 yr old son pound the ball. Then i noticed what looked like a PlaneMate under his bag. “Is that a planemate?” “Sure is. I’m the inventor. Want to try it?” “Sure”. The guy is David Woods and he’s the golf pro at the Vintage Club. Reason he was at our range is there’s is closed for overseeing.

Since I’m familiar with the protocols, it was pretty easy to swing once I put on the PlaneMate. David had me swing from P2 and I was hitting it solid but all I’ve worked on this summer is rotate, rotate, rotate. What I learned with the PlaneMate was that you have to hit the ball with your trail wrist in extension. Best lesson I’ve had in a long time.

So I bought one and I hope it ships before the Jan 8 date shown on their website.

> @ruffellprefley said:

> How is people's experience with this curtailing pelvic spinout? my big issue is I fire my hips hard early and my arms get stuck behind me.

try moving your arms down first with back to target as your first move in transition. then turn. speeding up whats slow is easier that slowing down whats fast. youll be more matched up

> @dasams said:

> I was on the range this afternoon watching a guy and his 12 yr old son pound the ball. Then i noticed what looked like a PlaneMate under his bag. “Is that a planemate?” “Sure is. I’m the inventor. Want to try it?” “Sure”. The guy is David Woods and he’s the golf pro at the Vintage Club. Reason he was at our range is there’s is closed for overseeing.

>

> Since I’m familiar with the protocols, it was pretty easy to swing once I put on the PlaneMate. David had me swing from P2 and I was hitting it solid but all I’ve worked on this summer is rotate, rotate, rotate. What I learned with the PlaneMate was that you have to hit the ball with your trail wrist in extension. Best lesson I’ve had in a long time.

>

> So I bought one and I hope it ships before the Jan 8 date shown on their website.

>

>

That’s so cool. Learn from the guy who actually invented the thing...nuts

• Like 1

> @dasams said:

> I was on the range this afternoon watching a guy and his 12 yr old son pound the ball. Then i noticed what looked like a PlaneMate under his bag. “Is that a planemate?” “Sure is. I’m the inventor. Want to try it?” “Sure”. The guy is David Woods and he’s the golf pro at the Vintage Club. Reason he was at our range is there’s is closed for overseeing.

>

> Since I’m familiar with the protocols, it was pretty easy to swing once I put on the PlaneMate. David had me swing from P2 and I was hitting it solid but all I’ve worked on this summer is rotate, rotate, rotate. What I learned with the PlaneMate was that you have to hit the ball with your trail wrist in extension. Best lesson I’ve had in a long time.

>

> So I bought one and I hope it ships before the Jan 8 date shown on their website.

>

>

awesome story! His kid looks a heck of a player too

• Like 1

For those wondering about speed gains with the PlaneMate, I just finished coaching high school golf season and did my first post season status check of my golf game.

When I started golf season my last session with Speed Sticks put me at 98 with a max of 103.

During the season the only thing I have used to work on form and function is the PlaneMate. I have done zero speed work.

First session today with the next round of Speed Sticks put me at 108 starting with a post session swing of 113.

The only thing attributable for the gains is improved swing sequencing with the PlaneMate. Super excited to see what happens with continued speed training and functional gym work while I continue to use the PlaneMate.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

You guys using bungee cords or fitness bands? I’m making a home made version until I can get the real deal. Work belt + cable clamps but what to do with the band, what tension to start with and how long to make the short band?

I want to do the protocols this fall winter to get a leg up.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @hurley999s said:

> Anyone watching Rory in the WGC? His wedge game is on point and they're all talking about how his motion has drastically improved and he's much shallower and rotating with his wedges. He's has to be putting in work with the PM because his shots out there look just like the IG vids of him using it.

Still chuckling at the people chiding me for posting an instagram post of Rory using it, and saying it was not proof because it was a few second video, and Rory could’ve just been using it for a couple swings.

• Like 1

Supply and demand. There was one for $180ish but it didn’t last long

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1