Tourstriker Planemate

So I used the iron band tonight on a PW and 8i and it was huge success with my feels of keeping my "stickman" swing from transition into DS. I also switched my grip to an interlock and I couldn't over draw the ball if I tried. Straight to small fades with the 8i. Where it got weird though was when I took the belt off and eventually moved to my 5w and 3w... I could not stop hitting massive cuts. If I switched back to my overlap, it pretty much went away and the ball went straighter. But... if I overlap on my irons, I can tend to get a little bit handsy and that's when the overdraws and pulls come in.

I was trying to take video but my stupid little tripod thing I have wasn't cooperating. I may need to buy a better one so I can see what's going on.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > @Shanky_McShankface said:

> > > > Cheapo weight-lifting belt, u-bolts and a coat-hanger.

> > > >

> > > > asa52mwnflcj.jpg

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Start selling them on Etsy!

> > >

> >

> > Somewhat serious post but if they patented this design, he could possibly get sued, no? Either way, very cool.

>

> Absolutely. It's one thing to replicate something for personal use, it's another to profit off said replicas.

No one is going after some guy making homemade Plane Mates.

Ever see all the knock offs of Gucci’s, Feragammo, Prada, Rolex, or golf clubs for that matter?? Police have a VERY hard time dealing with these knockoffs and the counterfeit business via Alibaba or even on the streets of NYC or SF is in the Billions of dollars.

There is absolutely no way anyone is going after this guy even if he attempts to mass produce. Best they can do is have a lawyer draft a cease and desist letter and that will also be useless.

> @games said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> I think the posters displaying their "knock offs" should be ashamed. Not applauded...

Why? I wont pay anyone $250 for a bungee and a belt, I would much rather spend that money on my kids. But I do have an inquisitive mind and like to figure out how things work. I've made a ton of golf training aids out of bits of junk, also made scooters, go carts, furniture etc. All of it is for my use and not for resale, I don't see anything wrong with copying and improving something as long as it's for personal use.

Anyway back to the original thread...

• Like 2

Yeah back on track here... getting de-railed by this whole knock off PM thing.

Can anybody tell me why - or if they experienced similar - I'm hitting the ball really well with the right finish position on the 8i using the PM, but when I move into say the 5w, my ball is massively cutting? I did change my grip to interlock because all else equal, I think it makes me rotate more and use hands less. I didn't hook or draw the ball once with my 8i doing this. But with longer clubs, I'm cutting the ball 30-40 yards, which I don't want to play that shot on course. If I switch back to regular overlap, ball goes pretty much straight or small push fade.

Could/should I overlap with like Dr to 4i, then interlock 5i thru into wedges?

Other reasons could be for whatever reason my wrist conditions with interlock is leaving me with an open face and I just don't realize it. I was trying to film the swing but my crappy tripod wasn't working last night.

• Like 1

Update: I received the PM in July at an index of 8.9 (all time low was 8.3 end of 2018) and had plateaued in that vicinity for 2-3 years. Wrapping up season here iat a 6.8 playing the most consistent golf I've ever experienced over my last 20 rds since late July.

EASILY the largest effect I have ever seen by any training aid on my game and its not even remotely close.

• Like 2

> @Nickc said:

> I am impressed with the perseverance of many even though some struggling with some aspects e.g full swing / certain clubs & especially when a person's handicap is already pretty low!

> Wonder if one of the benefits of this aid is making you go back and practice repeatedly some basics of the swing.

>

>

I am a grinder and if anything I have practiced less over the past 3 mos.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Yeah back on track here... getting de-railed by this whole knock off PM thing.

>

>

> Can anybody tell me why - or if they experienced similar - I'm hitting the ball really well with the right finish position on the 8i using the PM, but when I move into say the 5w, my ball is massively cutting? I did change my grip to interlock because all else equal, I think it makes me rotate more and use hands less. I didn't hook or draw the ball once with my 8i doing this. But with longer clubs, I'm cutting the ball 30-40 yards, which I don't want to play that shot on course. If I switch back to regular overlap, ball goes pretty much straight or small push fade.

>

> Could/should I overlap with like Dr to 4i, then interlock 5i thru into wedges?

>

> Other reasons could be for whatever reason my wrist conditions with interlock is leaving me with an open face and I just don't realize it. I was trying to film the swing but my crappy tripod wasn't working last night.

Are you trying to hit balls with the PM attached to a 5w?

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Yeah back on track here... getting de-railed by this whole knock off PM thing.

> >

> >

> > Can anybody tell me why - or if they experienced similar - I'm hitting the ball really well with the right finish position on the 8i using the PM, but when I move into say the 5w, my ball is massively cutting? I did change my grip to interlock because all else equal, I think it makes me rotate more and use hands less. I didn't hook or draw the ball once with my 8i doing this. But with longer clubs, I'm cutting the ball 30-40 yards, which I don't want to play that shot on course. If I switch back to regular overlap, ball goes pretty much straight or small push fade.

> >

> > Could/should I overlap with like Dr to 4i, then interlock 5i thru into wedges?

> >

> > Other reasons could be for whatever reason my wrist conditions with interlock is leaving me with an open face and I just don't realize it. I was trying to film the swing but my crappy tripod wasn't working last night.

>

> Are you trying to hit balls with the PM attached to a 5w?

No. I did like.... 50 balls with the 8i at say... 70% speed with the iron band on. Take off.... hit another 5 balls with 8i, make sure same flight. Then, moved to 5w with no band.

When I go to the range I mainly only hit 8i and 5w. I'll obviously do some short game pitching and stuff, but my full swings are like 90% those 2 clubs. Sometimes I'll hit driver but not usually.

Just got back from the range. Used it once before at the range after having played around with it in my condo. Been getting crushed at work, so haven’t golfed since but have been doing various protocols most nights after work for the past few weeks. Went to use it again tonight with the goal of making 1/2 swings with the shorter band (like Rory on IG). All I can say is WOW. This really forces you to feel a lot of great movements and when you put them together the ball launches off the face effortlessly.

When I took it off, I was hitting my wedges 10-15 yards farther than normal with a much more compact swing. My guess is this not only shallowed me out, but mainly eliminated my flip. Proceeded to hit a few 8 irons 165+ and then was hitting choked down, sawed off 9 irons on the 140s. Everything felt easy.

I’m sure I’ll struggle to take it the course, but I’m amazed how much better things felt with only a little work with this thing. This may finally be what I need to get down to scratch.

• Like 2

Coming up on almost a month with the planemate and figured I’d show the progress. Yesterday’s swing on the right was without touching the PM in two days. It was important to me to see if things were sticking vs just building in the feels before/while practicing.

Inside takeaway is basically gone

More vertical vs laid off at the top

Exit much lower/left (still looks flippy vs when using PM)

Definitely not where the swing looks when you’re drilling with the PM, but I will take all of that in a month!! Feels like I’m just getting rolling with it.

0uga1qpcpz8b.jpeg

4sa24n4b5670.jpeg

mlp22ngpofw1.jpeg

6f06ccbr74ye.jpeg

• Like 1

> @dvq9654 said:

> Just got back from the range. Used it once before at the range after having played around with it in my condo. Been getting crushed at work, so haven’t golfed since but have been doing various protocols most nights after work for the past few weeks. Went to use it again tonight with the goal of making 1/2 swings with the shorter band (like Rory on IG). All I can say is WOW. This really forces you to feel a lot of great movements and when you put them together the ball launches off the face effortlessly.

>

> When I took it off, I was hitting my wedges 10-15 yards farther than normal with a much more compact swing. My guess is this not only shallowed me out, but mainly eliminated my flip. Proceeded to hit a few 8 irons 165+ and then was hitting choked down, sawed off 9 irons on the 140s. Everything felt easy.

>

> I’m sure I’ll struggle to take it the course, but I’m amazed how much better things felt with only a little work with this thing. This may finally be what I need to get down to scratch.

I have just made it part of my warm up routine. For me it makes it easier to call on the feels mid-round if I hit a bad one. I was absolutely murdering fairway woods with it yesterday. I am a notorious low ball/low spin hitter. I have added launch and spin since using this to ideal numbers basically with every club.

For example:

I shedded my 3&5 wood in an effort to search for a 4-wood that will do both jobs in one. I was absolutely crushing both a Mizuno ST190 and G410 5-wood turned down to 16.5. I was getting 14.5 degrees of launch off the deck (previously 12 was the best I could do), 3500 rpms of spin (normally I couldn’t get above 2200), 45 degree land angle (normally I’m in the 36-38 range), carrying 220 with a soft 12 yard rollout (normally more like 202 with a ton of rollout).

My main issues have been the following:

1. I continue to be make sure I get to the low left finish to close the face or I will block it right. I am wondering if a more upright club setup will assist with this going forward. I play a pretty flat setup, but that was for my old super flat swing. I am now pretty vertical before I shallow.

2. I have also had an issue controlling my hand path and hitting the occasional straight hosel ball that thankfully goes straight and almost feels like a dead toe ball, but the foot powder spray confirmed what I thought was going on. I know how to fix it without issue, but it has creeped in occasionally. This was an issue before PlaneMate and the low/left hands has made this swing error almost gone at this point, but I think this is an issue I likely need to see a professional to diagnose and work on. I plan I making the journey to see @iteachgolf over the winter break if any of my family loves me and gets me what I actually asked for and want for Christmas.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

just finished my first range session after the first few protocols. I always start with wedges from 40 yards in, this is a very strong part of my game, I practice to parts of the green, front back, left and right. I normally get 80% in my zone. With the new feels from the PM protocols, I'm hitting my wedge further with zip and better grouping. I don't care if I hit the ball further but the grouping is much tighter - which is great.

irons were also good, tight dispersion, great flight.

5 wood was the biggest surprise, I've struggled with this off the deck this year, but I flushed every one today.

some observations, my divots are deeper, which I'm not sure about.

backswing is much more upright, I feel a real stretch, which is great, as I've always had a very flat swing

overall very happy :-)

• Like 1

What I don't get is that using my irons with the iron band and my standard overlap grip puts me into a bad finish sometimes (getting handsy) so the interlock works well. Interlock without the band on driver and I'm slicing the sh!t out of the ball which I never do.

I'm not sure if I need to work on being less handsy with the overlap or somehow square the face better with interlocking.

Played 18 today, front 9 with interlock went horribly... switched back to overlap and played that 9 about 8 shots better...

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> Coming up on almost a month with the planemate and figured I’d show the progress. Yesterday’s swing on the right was without touching the PM in two days. It was important to me to see if things were sticking vs just building in the feels before/while practicing.

>

> Inside takeaway is basically gone

> More vertical vs laid off at the top

> Exit much lower/left (still looks flippy vs when using PM)

>

> Definitely not where the swing looks when you’re drilling with the PM, but I will take all of that in a month!! Feels like I’m just getting rolling with it.

>

Those are some really impressive swing changes you have made. Really looks good!

2016 Taylormade M2 9.5* w/Fujikura Pro 60 stiff
Titleist 917 F3 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 stiff
Callaway RazrX Tour stock shaft stiff/Mizuno MP-30 2 iron with Rifle 6.0 shaft
Bridgestone J 40DPC w/Aerotech Steelfibers 95 r
50* Bridgestone J 15 wedges with Nippon Pro Modus3 125, 54*,58* Titleist Vokey wedges
Odessey White Hot #5

> @mattwood said:

> > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > Coming up on almost a month with the planemate and figured I’d show the progress. Yesterday’s swing on the right was without touching the PM in two days. It was important to me to see if things were sticking vs just building in the feels before/while practicing.

> >

> > Inside takeaway is basically gone

> > More vertical vs laid off at the top

> > Exit much lower/left (still looks flippy vs when using PM)

> >

> > Definitely not where the swing looks when you’re drilling with the PM, but I will take all of that in a month!! Feels like I’m just getting rolling with it.

> >

> Those are some really impressive swing changes you have made. Really looks good!

Agreed, great progress

Quick question for all the plane mate users, has anyone noticed their miss completely change?

My miss used to be a slice, which would be really bad with the driver. Obviously (as any new golfer does) I built in compensations to fight this, the biggest one being a strong grip, early extension to try and shallow at the last minute. In terms of my grip right now both V's of my hands tend to point to my trail shoulder. Since I've completed the protocols I've noticed my miss has now become left rather than right.

Has anyone had this problem, I didn't have want to mess around too much mid round but tomorrow on the range I'll try a weaker grip. Will also try and find an old swing and post the changes since I've used it, I now have way more rotation and a lot less early extension and my flip is almost gone as well, but now my miss is left! ha

Quick question for all the plane mate users, has anyone noticed their miss completely change?

My miss used to be a slice, which would be really bad with the driver. Obviously (as any new golfer does) I built in compensations to fight this, the biggest one being a strong grip and also an early extension to try and shallow at the last minute. There would be many more but they are the main ones

In terms of my grip right now both V's of my hands tend to point to my trail shoulder. Since I've completed the protocols I've noticed my miss has now become left rather than right.

Has anyone had this problem, I didn't have want to mess around too much mid round but tomorrow on the range I'll try a weaker grip.

Will also try and find an old swing and post the changes since I've used it, I now have way more rotation and a lot less early extension and my flip is almost gone as well, but now my miss is left! ha

first round after using the plane mate and some take aways.

drove the ball great, except two shocking duck hooks -

fairway wood, over the moon with it, brilliant ball flight very happy.

irons again very happy, but two duck hooks. I Hit maybe the best 6 iron i've ever hit, a high draw from 165 to six feet. missed the putt.

wedges, not too hot, struggle with distance control and hit them a touch too far.

but overall very happy with the progress, some of the shots I hit today I've never hit before, the ball flight with was just so good. I think with more practice things can only get better. I love the way that I only think about 'up' on the backswing and then just rotate hard on the downswing.

• Like 1

I apparently got mine right before they sold out. So I have only had it a week or two. I have only played with it a little bit inside and focused on the first three protocols. I am picking the game back up after taking over 10 years off. I have really enjoyed this as I am working on rebuilding my swing after being taught in my 30s that the arms and hands swing the club and the follow.... my body never followed and swing was fairly erratic, i hit some 7 irons off a mat on a simulator and was getting an additional 25 yards when i got the sequencing right and quieted my hands and arms. My dispersion was much tighter as well.

I have been using it with the GravityFit and the whole swing feels very connected. The Plane Mate is getting me on plane, forces my hips to rotate, and encouraging width. The GravitFit get me good posture, helps get my arms connected to me upper body, improves my turn, and also encourage my width. These two tools seem to work very well together. I think there is a set up with GF that will encourage the "relax" part of the PM. We will see if they deliver results after a little more focused use over time.

• Like 1

Took mine out today for first time for s few hours doing protocols 1-4

Initial thoughts are hard to know if doing things correctly but sent some vids to David woods who gave it the thumbs up

Hitting one handed shots is bloody hard

I deffo haven’t been rotating enough

When you get it right it’s lovely to see your flight and feel the crisp contact between club and ball

Will try post vid later put have some pics / stills 2b3doy0aqabe.jpeg

o2vpd4vg2qpw.jpeg

byoygtujyks8.jpeg

vb8dijye1eiz.jpeg

pyceuwbp9sbi.jpeg

• Like 1

D- Ping G410 SFT - Oban Iwasa 04 

3Wd - Ping G425 SFT - Ping Tour Stiff 

4# Srixon ZX5 Tour AD DI 95 Stiff

5+6# Srixon ZX5 - MMT 105 S

7-PW# Srixon ZX7 - MMT 105 S

50 - Vokey SM8

56 - TM MG3 Tiger Spec

P- Betti Queen B #12

My last two rounds have featured some of the best iron and wedge play of my life. I mean just unbelievable ball striking and ball flight. I've had several of those "shots that make you come back" type of iron shots.

Conversely, my driver has just totally fallen apart. Just, completely gone. I'm hitting HARD pulls and duck hooks, which was not my miss before I started using the PM (usually big blocks, sometimes featuring an ugly slice).

I have to figure there's something to be learned from that, and the only difference in my game has been the introduction of the PM. I still have only done a few of the protocols and am overall taking it very slow.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I apparently got mine right before they sold out. So I have only had it a week or two. I have only played with it a little bit inside and focused on the first three protocols. I am picking the game back up after taking over 10 years off. I have really enjoyed this as I am working on rebuilding my swing after being taught in my 30s that the arms and hands swing the club and the follow.... my body never followed and swing was fairly erratic, i hit some 7 irons off a mat on a simulator and was getting an additional 25 yards when i got the sequencing right and quieted my hands and arms. My dispersion was much tighter as well.

I have been using it with the GravityFit and the whole swing feels very connected. The Plane Mate is getting me on plane, forces my hips to rotate, and encouraging width. The GravitFit helps get me into good posture, helps get my arms connected to my upper body, improves my turn, and also encourage my width. These two tools seem to work very well together. I think there is a set up with GF that will encourage the "relax" part of the PM. We will see if they deliver results after a little more focused use over time.

> @MaineMariner said:

> My last two rounds have featured some of the best iron and wedge play of my life. I mean just unbelievable ball striking and ball flight. I've had several of those "shots that make you come back" type of iron shots.

>

> Conversely, my driver has just totally fallen apart. Just, completely gone. I'm hitting HARD pulls and duck hooks, which was not my miss before I started using the PM (usually big blocks, sometimes featuring an ugly slice).

>

> I have to figure there's something to be learned from that, and the only difference in my game has been the introduction of the PM. I still have only done a few of the protocols and am overall taking it very slow.

I had the same duck hook issue. I was only practicing wedges in my yard and then I played a round without ever hitting my driver with the new feel. I was a high fade before and it became a smother hook. Halfway through the round I tried really getting my chest open through the swing and weakening my grip. I had some of the longer drives of my life after that. You have to figure out what your compensations were with your old swing, strong grip, not rotating your chest, that are causing the smother hooks but I hear you. It was scary at first. It went from my strength to awful and then back to strength.

• Like 1